I worked for them and these are my thoughts

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Ms. Downtown in North Royalton, Ohio

95 months ago

They work more for there clients than they do their employees. They receive a high mark-up while paying wages that are below fair market standards. Particularly if it is in your field or industry--they do not pay accordingly as they receive unusually high mark ups for the Cleveland area. This is for Ajilon. (*names removed) in the Independence office only care about putting the excess mark-up fees in the pockets instead of fair wages....I'll never work for them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown

95 months ago

I worked for this company (not on the Ajilon side)and I can tell you that the clients do not usually pay high fees and most of them want good people for low pay. This was always a problem. The Company employees do not even get paid all that well either. I do not know who is getting the most out of the situation maybe it was the clients maybe not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Know Better in Bothell, Washington

90 months ago

Unknown said: I worked for this company (not on the Ajilon side)and I can tell you that the clients do not usually pay high fees and most of them want good people for low pay. This was always a problem. The Company employees do not even get paid all that well either. I do not know who is getting the most out of the situation maybe it was the clients maybe not.

Recruiters start at 36k with NO previous experience. IMO, too much pay for sitting around waiting for people to come into the office, setting them up on tests, and never contacting them again after leaving the Adecco office! I used to be a temp, but never will again. I can get my own interviews without the greedy middle-man in my way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

job_seeker in small town, Michigan

89 months ago

My husband was a recruiter for Adecco and it was by far the worst experience of his career so far. They paid far less than 36k, though the cost of living is lower here. He was responsible for administering the testing, dealing with clients/filling orders, processing weekly payroll, going on site visits, etc - definitely not just sitting on his behind doing nothing! He went from being told that he was doing a great job and would be considered for promotions to being fired a month later. They got a call from a client wanting to have 10 employees sent over to work a second shift the same day, and it was fairly specialized experience that the client needed - in other words it would be difficult to line up that many qualified people in just a couple hours. His boss told him to STOP WORKING ON IT and do something else instead, my husband explained the urgency of the situation and the boss confirmed to stop working on that order and do this other less urgent task. Long story short, Adecco lost that client's account and they fired my husband - they also fired the other recruiter working there at the same time. But then the Adecco boss told my husband they would give him a good reference. WTF? My husband said they were chronically understaffed and it was very deliberate; they would regularly fire recruiters after less than 6 months and have entire branches with NO recruiters in them whatsoever, and just have some of the few staff members they kept around act as floaters to fill in. There is serious mismanagement at many levels of that company, but I'm willing to bet that the recruiters have little to do with it - their hands are often tied even when they want to be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

bkevin007 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

70 months ago

UNDERPAYED FOR WORK? WHY DONT YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH AND FIND OUT THE AVERAGE PAY FOR THAT POSITION IN THE AREA? THEN NEGOTIATE THAT PAY WHEN YOU INTERVEIW. IF THEY ARE UNWILLING TO MATCH THE AVERAGE OR COME CLOSE TO IT. DONT WORK THERE...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.