I think this is a fake!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Stephanie DeWeerd in Zeeland, Michigan

92 months ago

I came into aerotek and had an interview and they said they need to get things straighten out for whats going on. I don't think they know what the f!@# their doing. I call them every once in a while and they still got nothing. I have had years of experience in the field I want to work in and they still got nothing for me. ...what a fake advertisement!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Gary Johnson in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

Stephanie DeWeerd said: I came into aerotek and had an interview and they said they need to get things straighten out for whats going on. I don't think they know what the f!@# their doing. I call them every once in a while and they still got nothing. I have had years of experience in the field I want to work in and they still got nothing for me. ...what a fake advertisement!

Often they will blame the "information recession" on the client, stating that the position is in flux and that changes to requirements are pending, and then, of course, you'll never hear from them again.

What I think is really happening is that a lot of larger companies HAVE to publically post ads for positions that they have already identified an internal candidate for. For the companies that do business with local, state, or national "governments" (and I use the term loosely) are required to at least make it look like they've been fair and equitable in searching for candidates (read: women, minorities, extraterrestrials, dolphins, or illegals aliens!!).

However, I'm not letting Aerotek off the hook. They suck (pretty much) worst of all the sucking recruiters. The fact is that employers suck as bad as the suck-ass recruiters with which they suck-in-cahoots.

Man, I remember the old days when you went to an employer to find a job and didn't have to deal with a bunch of people who DON'T care about your situation. That is, however, the price of living in America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua in Sunnyvale, California

91 months ago

Be careful when dealing with Aerotek. They will first
compile information of technical professionals
in their database. Then later if it is indicated that
the candidate has still found no job, he will be email
solicited for a $10/hr department store sales job
(absolutely not in the context of a professional).
Aerotek is very skillful in their commission of the
corporate wage depression agenda. It's best for one
to conduct their job search with staffing agencies
excluded. Indeed.com provides this option in the
"advanced search" section.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Design Eng'r using AutoCAD in Torrance, California

91 months ago

Touche! Amazing how someone not related to your field can determine if you are qualified or not. I call them AEROSCHMUCKS! btw: I am a design engineer of 25 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brian_in_allen in Allen, Texas

91 months ago

Stephanie DeWeerd said: I came into aerotek and had an interview and they said they need to get things straighten out for whats going on. I don't think they know what the f!@# their doing. I call them every once in a while and they still got nothing. I have had years of experience in the field I want to work in and they still got nothing for me. ...what a fake advertisement!

I interviewed for this P.O.S. with Lennox and they are so mixed up. The req uses a ton of buzz words but in reality the job is a temp contract doing "reliability" test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Design Eng'r using AutoCAD in Torrance, California

91 months ago

Another fine tactic these fools love to use is 'the SWEEP'. Place an ad and get 1000 responses to build their lists. They are VERY DECEPTIVE. They are also keen on stating 'the client is willing to pay $XX. per hour' when in fact, they are taking MORE than 40%. They are the top of the weasel list! TRUE SCUMBAGS of the contracting industry. I have NO sour grapes over these idiots whatsoever- they're simply ignored but I'm sorry other fellow professionals have to fall for their BS. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Aerotek is in business to make money. Don't buy any of their window dressing. They are Manpower all over again. They say all sorts of things, don't believe it. They are a low-ball shop. Their Pittsburgh advertised rates are 20-30% below going rates for technical folks. And by the way it is not unusual for shops to make 25-35% over and above what the shopper makes.

Peace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cad Master in Oceanside, New York

91 months ago

Aerotek absolutely SUCKS!
They DO NOT care about their prospects....only filling a quota.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

P. in L.A. in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

Well, it seems many folks are upset with these Aerotek franchises. Personally, I have found the oppoiste to be true. They have procured for me two decent paying positions within 6 months of each other. If I were the person at the top of this string, I'd be working on my English composition before I opened my mouth or typed a word again, geeez. No wonder they can't get you anything. Also, anyone who relies totally on one person, firm, or recruiter is fooling themselves. One also needs to remember that the fallout from the .com demise continues to impact the blue collar: There are people out there with Masters Degrees making $17.00 per hour; it's an employer's market, has been, and will continue to be as long as the Unions maintain their stranglehold on certain blue collar positions; they're priced many of our U.S. companies out of their respective markets and anyone who doesn't believe that, just go drive and slam the door on an Impala then do the same with a comparably priced Japanese car; no comparison, period! Good luck to you all.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

aerotek weasel in Torrance, California

91 months ago

Opining like a true recruiter ~ which branch do you work for? And wooo- 18 whole dollars?? They're overpaying these days!

LOL ~ contracting rates are $20 - 40 amigo. Anything UNDER is aeroschmuck's typical BILKING. Moreover, it's not JUST aerofools; it's most 'professional staffing' agencies that are key in the demise of the contactors paycheck however, it's fools that accept gig's for under $20 that keep 'em rollin. (BTW: the $20 amount is for entry level).

Clue up kids ~ all agencies are lizards.

If most of us (contractors) had some huevos, we'd get paid the RIGHT SCALE amount.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David Rhodes in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

Has anyone in this forum had any experience (good or bad) with Aerotek recruiters in Dallas or Richardson, Texas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bibi in Vonore, Tennessee

89 months ago

Stephanie DeWeerd in Zeeland, Michigan said: I came into aerotek and had an interview and they said they need to get things straighten out for whats going on. I don't think they know what the f!@# their doing. I call them every once in a while and they still got nothing. I have had years of experience in the field I want to work in and they still got nothing for me. ...what a fake advertisement!

AGREE! i had the same replies!! is all lies!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former Aerotek, now in HR in Columbus, Ohio

89 months ago

Almost everything you have seen on this string is true, both good and bad. Aerotek hires people right out of college and hammers on them until they conform to the "right" way of thinking, or they leave (by quitting or being fired). It does develop a strong work ethic in the employee because you have to compete to survive. Don't expect a miracle from them. Unfortunately, the thing that has been misrepresented about Aerotek is that, in reality, they're a sales company. Recruiters aren't taught how to really recruit. They're taught how to look and act a certain way, so that they can get "promoted" into a sales job once they have "IT." I made some really good friends there over the years (6+) and learned some valuable skills - most of which were from watching other people do things I wouldn't want done to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Guerrero in Concord, California

89 months ago

I was contacted by Aerotek after I applied for a job posted here at this website. I was told I had to come in for an interview, and that I had to dress up in a coat and tie(why? no visibly practical reason -- I would never dress that way on the job).

The young woman who talked to me scarcely knew anything about my field, and was disappointed and bothered when I said that $20 an hour was my absolute minimum -- been in my field for 21 years. Maybe I was cutting into their profits by wanting that much? She was very formally dressed and had a lot of "warpaint" on her face. She looked like a good little corporate go-fer. I was not impressed; I was expecting a more mature woman who had a lot of savvy. However, I knew nothing about Aerotek at that time.

The interview, to me, was a cheap and shallow experience, and I probably don't expect much, based both on other commentary I've read here, as well as looking at my Aerotek interview in retrospect. I think there is too much emphasis on --fast and cheap -- in today's sterile corporate world. Perhaps Aerotek is an enthusiastic subscriber to that philosophy; I shall soon see.

My thanks to all who have made known their opinions of Aerotek here at Indeed.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

W SLYH in Hilliard, Ohio

89 months ago

Paul Guerrero in Concord, California said: I was contacted by Aerotek after I applied for a job posted here at this website. I was told I had to come in for an interview, and that I had to dress up in a coat and tie(why? no visibly practical reason -- I would never dress that way on the job).

The young woman who talked to me scarcely knew anything about my field, and was disappointed and bothered when I said that $20 an hour was my absolute minimum -- been in my field for 21 years. Maybe I was cutting into their profits by wanting that much? She was very formally dressed and had a lot of "warpaint" on her face. She looked like a good little corporate go-fer. I was not impressed; I was expecting a more mature woman who had a lot of savvy. However, I knew nothing about Aerotek at that time.

The interview, to me, was a cheap and shallow experience, and I probably don't expect much, based both on other commentary I've read here, as well as looking at my Aerotek interview in retrospect. I think there is too much emphasis on --fast and cheap -- in today's sterile corporate world. Perhaps Aerotek is an enthusiastic subscriber to that philosophy; I shall soon see.

My thanks to all who have made known their opinions of Aerotek here at Indeed.com

YUP! same here in ohio. I have always made minimum of $20/hr with all of my contract jobs and the first thing they told me(for a programming job) was $16/hr.
are they serious? and yes the interview was so shallow that two days later they
called me back to get more info about my job history...oh well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Hanover, Maryland

89 months ago

I do work for Aerotek. I am a salesperson. I make a living directly by providing candidates to my clients that match what they are looking for and indirectly by helping candidates like yourselves find a job, so take this as you would like.

As someone else pointed out, our job is not to find you a job. This is our goal, but not our job. We are client based company. They dictate what we are looking for in a qualified candidate. I know you hate hearing this, but if they are looking for someone with 5-10 years of experience, than that is what we have to find them. We have no options. Obviously I know someone with 25 years of experience can do the job better than someone with 5, but that is not our call.

I hope anyone disgruntled by Aerotek not being able to get you a job realizes that if we don't have anything for you, we can't do anything for you. There are companies out there that will focus on placing you, but they will take a portion of your salary as well. That is a decision you have to make. I always tell candidates that we are extra eyes and ears for you, but do not rely on us getting you a job. If we do, great, but don't rely solely on it.

I've seen comments on this forum regarding lowballing. If you think the wage is insulting and you are worth more in the market you are in, then don't take it. Go out and get a job on your own making what you deserve. However, if the offer on the table is a fair for the skill set and area you are in, then realize we are put under certain parameters that we have to adhere to. Please realize all of this.

Bottom line is, we do try to be better than other companies and treat people how they deserve and need to be treated. This is coming straight from our President. I can't gaurantee this always happens, but it is something we are striving for.

I really don't know how to conclude this entry other than by restating that I'm sorry for hurt feelings and I hope this has shed some light on the industr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Dorr, Michigan

89 months ago

If only they told us that in the beginning. Would of been nice to know that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dominick vecchio in West Eaton, New York

89 months ago

Stephanie DeWeerd in Zeeland, Michigan said: I came into aerotek and had an interview and they said they need to get things straighten out for whats going on. I don't think they know what the f!@# their doing. I call them every once in a while and they still got nothing. I have had years of experience in the field I want to work in and they still got nothing for me. ...what a fake advertisement!

I agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Me, just me in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

Design Eng'r using AutoCAD in Torrance, California said: Touche! Amazing how someone not related to your field can determine if you are qualified or not. I call them AEROSCHMUCKS! btw: I am a design engineer of 25 years.

An Engineer with 25 years experience and still uses AutoCAD, no wonder they can't place you, we switched to Inventor, Solidworks & UG years ago. :S

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Some guy in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

It all depends on your recruiter... I had one aerotek recruiter who wanted me to interview or even take over for 5 different jobs in 2 months... i declined them all since i was picky with jobs since i wanted something directly related to my major instead of related to my minor (and am now in a lower paying job through another recruiting agency that has nothing to do with my major OR minor).

It all depends on the recruiter (not the company, but the actual recruiter you are in contact with). Some of them are helpful, but most of them are d|cks.

Maybe i should give that recruiter a call....

BTW: what ever happened to regular employees? Now its all contractors... its all the lawyers faults and the screwing of the health care industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

UG designer in Birmingham, Michigan

89 months ago

Aerotek is absolutly the worst contract house to work for. I had to accept a $13 an hour PAYCUT just to get back to work here in Michigan. Now,GM is using Aerotek for supplying bodies for their new program at the tech ctr. It's a bad time for automotive designers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

UG designer in Birmingham, Michigan said: Aerotek is absolutly the worst contract house to work for. I had to accept a $13 an hour PAYCUT just to get back to work here in Michigan. Now,GM is using Aerotek for supplying bodies for their new program at the tech ctr. It's a bad time for automotive designers.

If you got 5000+ hrs of UG you don't have to take any cuts, may be a relocation but not a pay cut. I'd be running as far as I could from GM before it implodes again. Any company who has put up with Delphi and the Union's Job Bank program needs to go bankrupt and I (as a long time GM Fan) hope the go belly up ASAP. It's only a bad time for "GM Automotive Designers" not Honda, Toyota or Nissan.

www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0510/17/A01-351179.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

UG designer in Birmingham, Michigan

89 months ago

I have been waiting for some jobbie to shoot up the tech ctr. I dont think it would be a jobbie but a GM direct employee as they are under such great stress from management. Hopefully it will never happen but i have my doubts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

UG designer in Birmingham, Michigan said: I have been waiting for some jobbie to shoot up the tech ctr. I dont think it would be a jobbie but a GM direct employee as they are under such great stress from management. Hopefully it will never happen but i have my doubts.

If you got CATIA along with UG I'd be looking at BMW in Greer SC. It's a nice little plant, about 3 million Sq Ft. Last time I was in there they were running ~1000 X5's & 500 Z3's per day. They place an Ad about twice a year. Nissan in Canton Mississippi is a huge facility and they're looking. Not sure I'd live there, as Kid Rock says, "Hotter than Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday Nite".

dominick vecchio in Morrisville, New York

89 months ago

In some places its both. They will hire direct on a limited basis and contract help also on a limited basis.
Aerotek is not professional.
They pretend to be a professional agency but their professionalism extends to the employers only.
They want to interview me so they can screen me out.
They make false calls with no follow up.
They sound like a bunch of poorly trained young guys with virtually no experience in the engineering recruitment business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Tony in Hanover, Maryland said: I do work for Aerotek. I am a salesperson. I make a living directly by providing candidates to my clients that match what they are looking for and indirectly by helping candidates like yourselves find a job, so take this as you would like.

As someone else pointed out, our job is not to find you a job. This is our goal, but not our job. We are client based company. They dictate what we are looking for in a qualified candidate. I know you hate hearing this, but if they are looking for someone with 5-10 years of experience, than that is what we have to find them. We have no options. Obviously I know someone with 25 years of experience can do the job better than someone with 5, but that is not our call.

I hope anyone disgruntled by Aerotek not being able to get you a job realizes that if we don't have anything for you, we can't do anything for you. There are companies out there that will focus on placing you, but they will take a portion of your salary as well. That is a decision you have to make. I always tell candidates that we are extra eyes and ears for you, but do not rely on us getting you a job. If we do, great, but don't rely solely on it.

I've seen comments on this forum regarding lowballing. If you think the wage is insulting and you are worth more in the market you are in, then don't take it. Go out and get a job on your own making what you deserve. However, if the offer on the table is a fair for the skill set and area you are in, then realize we are put under certain parameters that we have to adhere to. Please realize all of this.

Bottom line is, we do try to be better than other companies and treat people how they deserve and need to be treated. This is coming straight from our President. I can't gaurantee this always happens, but it is something we are striving for.

I really don't know how to conclude this entry other than by restating that I'm sorry for hurt feelings and I hope this has shed some lig

89 months ago

The Aerotek saleslady doesnt explain why Aeroteks staff is not professional.
They dont call you back. They dont confirm interviews. They dont know the job description.
They leave you hanging.

Don in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Design Eng'r using AutoCAD in Torrance, California said: Another fine tactic these fools love to use is 'the SWEEP'. Place an ad and get 1000 responses to build their lists. They are VERY DECEPTIVE. They are also keen on stating 'the client is willing to pay $XX. per hour' when in fact, they are taking MORE than 40%. They are the top of the weasel list! TRUE SCUMBAGS of the contracting industry. I have NO sour grapes over these idiots whatsoever- they're simply ignored but I'm sorry other fellow professionals have to fall for their BS. :(

I have hired staff through shops and indeed Aerotek is nearly the worst, with the possible exception of Manpower. Don't fall for the "pre-interview" thing. If they actually have a job to fill, they completely skip their resume padding excercise and send you to an interview. Aerotek is like every other shop who bills for 25-40% above the rate you're earning. The real dopes are the companies that are willing to pay that instead of getting and HR person with a clue who knows how to post an attractive ad. At a previous company, the owner paid $54/hr for an electrical designer and the designer made $35. They were happy to pay it, because they didn't want to give the guy and his children insurance. It's obscene, but where there's crumbs, you'll always have roaches and rates like these mega-shops.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ENGR III on ACAD in Torrance, California

88 months ago

Me, just me in Orlando, Florida said: An Engineer with 25 years experience and still uses AutoCAD, no wonder they can't place you, we switched to Inventor, Solidworks & UG years ago. :S

Geee ~ is that why I'm at BOEING and I'm getting a copy of AutoCAD 2008 next week? D'oh ~ silly me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Waisted time with these clowns.... in Beaverton, Oregon

88 months ago

Don't do it!!!

Never heard of this company and thought I give it a try.

Shook my head and walked out the first 10 minutes...completely clueless and full of smoke.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

88 months ago

Here are some reasons Aerotek recruiters will act the way they do:

The recruiters are given very strict goals to meet. They have to attend two meetings daily. At each meeting, they go around the room and are given goals which are written on a board for everyone to follow. At the next meeting, the recruiters must state what they are working on, whether they met their goals, and what their next goals are going to be.

Goals often consist of how many interviews a recruiter plans to set for that day. This is where some of the problems come in. If a recruiter has a goal of setting 5 interviews for the morning, you can bet they will work very hard to do so. If they do not, they will have to inform the entire office that they did not reach their goal, and why they did not reach it. Most recruiters will want to avoid that spotlight.

Because of this, a recruiter might find themself in a crunch and might start calling people in for interviews even when the person is very clearly under or over qualified. They might also call in people for interviews when they do not have a current opening that will fit that person. They will do this to fit their quota for the day.

Also, Aerotek will want to bring in a steady flow of certain types of people. Example-the Professional Services division will want a steady flow of admins coming in to interview. To make this happen, recruiters will post "generic" job ads on monster.com, or careerbuilder.com, etc. They will bring in people to interview even when there is no job, because they are very pressured to be ahead of the game and have people set up for "future" openings.

This is just a little bit about how they work.

Progressive in Beaverton, Oregon

88 months ago

"...it's an employer's market, has been, and will continue to be as long as the Unions maintain their stranglehold on certain blue collar positions..."

Keep your conservative politics OFF this forum. Unions are all but dead, and corporate people like you continue spread this propaganda.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

openmic in Greensboro, North Carolina

88 months ago

More about Aerotek ethics... Aerotek had been pestering our HR guy, so he pointed them at me. Although I was not a hiring manager, I ended up talking to four Aerotek recruiters in the space of two months -- all tried to get me to commit to "future" job openings at my company. Then I saw them place advertisements for these "future" jobs, and they just smiled when I protested that there were no actual openings and that I didn't have the authority to hire anybody. About six months later yet another new Aerotek recruiter tried to lure me away from my company to work for one of our competitors, but I figured out that this was another "future job" that they manufactured. So don’t get mad at companies that Aerotek claims to represent – they may be falsely represented.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dis-satisfied in Memphis, TN in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

I was amazed but not surprised at the negative comments on here. I just wanted to add another. I had a recruiter call me a few weeks ago about a position. It sounded like a really good match as my background was exactly what the company was looking for and my mini phone interview with the recruiter went well. I was told that she would get with the employer and call me back in a couple of days. A week went by so I followed up and I didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that she had actually talked to the company again. She was vague and hem-hawed quite a bit. Finally she told me that the company was concerned by how much I currently made and I explained that we didn't need to worry about money just yet, let's just see if we would fit each others needs. I asked for her to arrange a phone interview and at least talk about the job. I didn’t hear back from the recruiter until a week and a half went by and she left me a voice mail saying that they filled the position. Interesting though; I feel that they did the employer a disservice. I'm not saying that I was the right person for the job but they never got the chance to even see. Or if all othe above comments are true, i was just a quota.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jody A.

88 months ago

Dis-satisfied in Memphis, TN in Los Angeles, California said: I was amazed but not surprised at the negative comments on here. I just wanted to add another.QUOTE]

They did the employer a disservice? Because they were honest with the employer about your salary requirements? Because they didn't allow you manipulate a situation so you can get in front of an employer "because you know more". People like you make no sense.

Don't you realize that employers use agencies to avoid people like you? People who will say anything just to get an interview? If the recruiter knew you wanted more money than the employer was paying, GOOD FOR HER FOR NOT SENDING YOU. I applaud her for not wasting her PAYING CLIENT's time by sending someone for the position who was not qualified.

Yes, not qualified. Being qualified for a position does not solely mean that you can do a job. It means you are able to do a job within the salary range that the company wants to pay.

So thank you. Keep wasting employer's time applying for every position you think you're qualified for, but are not. Makes me SO MUCH MORE VALUABLE TO A COMPANY!!!! Just another dollar in my pocket for finding the right candidate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mike M. in Everett, Washington

88 months ago

I agree, AeroTek is a complete fraud and a waste of time. Stick to individual recruiters with whom you can build a personal relationship. Above all NEVER EVER use recruiters that ask for money. There are several out their now and UPLADDER is by far the worst. Stay away from them, they have nothing to offer except disappointment and loss of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ha ha in Hanover, Maryland

88 months ago

Funny thing is that you worked at walmart at your last job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Byron Center, Michigan

88 months ago

the reason why I worked at walmart is because their were no other jobs at the time. I have had years of experience in printing and graphics because of school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Memphis, Tennessee

88 months ago

aerotek weasel in Torrance, California said: Opining like a true recruiter ~ which branch do you work for? And wooo- 18 whole dollars?? They're overpaying these days!

LOL ~ contracting rates are $20 - 40 amigo. Anything UNDER is aeroschmuck's typical BILKING. Moreover, it's not JUST aerofools; it's most 'professional staffing' agencies that are key in the demise of the contactors paycheck however, it's fools that accept gig's for under $20 that keep 'em rollin. (BTW: the $20 amount is for entry level).

Clue up kids ~ all agencies are lizards.

If most of us (contractors) had some huevos, we'd get paid the RIGHT SCALE amount.

$20? it's for apprentice, not even entry level. Nowadays rates for good CNC Programmers in UG are $45 and up. Let Aerofools die. They are too greedy. They charge company 70 per hour and pay you 25.

88 months ago

I believe AeroTrick is really nothing but a convenient arrangement between the hiring company and AreoTrick. The actually hiree is not even of any value, nor do the employer and AeroTrick understand that the employee has real expenses to pay at home, and therefore needs real money; not the wages of a burger-flipper who lives with mom and dad. Talent is always worthy of good pay. Maybe AeroTrick doesn't understand that concept, and come to think of it, it shows.

AeroMonkey in Cypress, California

87 months ago

it's great when the aeroschmucks qualify their bulls*** by posting here - funny.

Sherry Cash Arlington Texas in Irving, Texas

87 months ago

David Rhodes in Dallas, Texas said: Has anyone in this forum had any experience (good or bad) with Aerotek recruiters in Dallas or Richardson, Texas?

I went to Aerotek when a rep called me about a Job with Strategic Distribution in Grand Prarie(Dallas). They told me all the management were professional and well trained. He also used Two key words that were a total lie "Climate Controlled" when we here those words most of us think air conditioned and heat. Well if you are upper management in the company yes you get a nice cooled office. The whole warehouse had no air or heat whatsoever. By the month of May people were passing out 2-3 a week from heat exhaustion. My supervisor spoke very little english and caused a huge communication barrier. The company hires 90% hispanics and 8% african americans. The other 2 % whites who dont speak spanish. The company pays minimum wage and is a variable sweat shop. There are unsafe working conditions. Oshea left a report on the bulletin board stating several violations including, unlicensed cherry pickers, people riding containers along the conveyors. Shall i go on??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

completely irritated. Arlington Texas in Irving, Texas

87 months ago

Aerotacky also refused to help me find a new job when i told them the current one wasnt working out for me. The Rep STATED TO MY FACE THAT AEROTACKY MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE COMPANY TO NOT HELP THE EMPLOYEE FIND A NEW JOB AFTER PLACING THEM IN A POSITION WITH THE COMPANY. All i can say is AEROTACKY hires a lot of non english speaking hispanics in this area.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steaming in Springboro, Ohio

87 months ago

Jody A. said:

Thank you for showing the rest of us your true colors on this subject. And I thank you for showing how self-important you belive you are. I do not know your level of experience in recruiting people, but your attitude shows the overall lack of professionalism, which is commonplace in agencies today. You belive that you and you alone are able to determine what a person is worth to a company. I wonder how many clients would have interviewed some of your potential workers if they would have known that the level of experience was a little higher or lower than what they asked for, had you ever bothered to check with some of them. Did you even try to see if they would? I doubt it.
Sadly, your attitude is the norm and not the exeption in the business world today. When in our nation's history did the american worker become less important than the equipment he or she works with? When did companies like Aeroschmuck become the primary way for anyone to enter the workforce? And why do these companies care more for clients than the commodity they claim to care for, us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua in Sunnyvale, California

87 months ago

Joshua in Sunnyvale, California said: Be careful when dealing with Aerotek. They will first
compile information of technical professionals
in their database. Then later if it is indicated that
the candidate has still found no job, he will be email
solicited for a $10/hr department store sales job
(absolutely not in the context of a professional).
Aerotek is very skillful in their commission of the
corporate wage depression agenda. It's best for one
to conduct their job search with staffing agencies
excluded. Indeed.com provides this option in the
"advanced search" section.

After an extended period of no job offers/interviews a
job seeker is generally willing to make wage concessions
in attempt to expedite employment. The lowest wage the
individual is willing to accept under this condition is
generally referred to (by employers and agencies)
as the "reservation" wage. The primary aim of the staffing
agencies is to ensure that nothing more than reservation
wage is ever paid to workers.

Mike in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Some guy in Chicago, Illinois said: It all depends on your recruiter... I had one aerotek recruiter who wanted me to interview or even take over for 5 different jobs in 2 months... i declined them all since i was picky with jobs since i wanted something directly related to my major instead of related to my minor (and am now in a lower paying job through another recruiting agency that has nothing to do with my major OR minor).

It all depends on the recruiter (not the company, but the actual recruiter you are in contact with). Some of them are helpful, but most of them are d|cks.

Maybe i should give that recruiter a call....

BTW: what ever happened to regular employees? Now its all contractors... its all the lawyers faults and the screwing of the health care industry.

It is incredible to me the problems that people are having with recruiters, honestly. I am working with a great recruiter that doesn’t call me with bogus jobs and try and shove a position in my face, or “place me” tomorrow. I have been dealing with this individual for a year. He has set up about 3 interviews for me that were exactly what I was looking for in terms of a position. I just accepted a position yesterday after maintaining contact with my recruiter for a long time and I plan on continuing that relationship in the future. I guess I was lucky and found the one recruiter who was helpful.

GoodGhost Ha in Michigan, Michigan

84 months ago

Let me tell you a little story. This happened over 4 years ago.
I referred my brother to a recruiter that i was working with. He was a recruiter in Texas, now he is a account manager, I believe he is one of the top selling account manager in the company. I was the Director of Engineering in my company at the time. I have been with them for 16 years. We knew that lay offs were coming and we were going to lay off 30% of the work force. I knew contractors, new hires, people on the performance list, and factory workers were going to get laid off first. I was completely blindsighted. This great company that i've worked so long for, the CEO called me in and told me that today would be my last. I was floored. The CEO, a friend for over 10 years, didnt give me any notice. At this stage I just bought a new home, two kids going through college, my wives health bills, and so on. I was without a job for 1 1/2. I applied to over 500 jobs, I needed something badly, my family was struggling. I had prospects and interviews, but no one would hire a high level candidate like myself. I could not believe the difficulty of landing a good paying job. I hated temp and staff agencies. I called over 15 agencies and all mounted to nothing, no call backs or anything. Well one day the same recruiter called me from Aerotek, I spoke with him several times, he told me hey this position just opened up, I think it will be a great opportunity. The interview was set with a president and director. I felt really good about it, I ended up getting hired on as a senior level project engineer with a base of 90,000 and bonuses. I ended up networking with this one recruiter for 9 months and he finally founded a position for me. I couldnt thank him enough. Take this story for whatever you want, but I'll be damned if I allow you to bash all recruiters and Aerotek, without sticking up for this one dividual in texas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kenx1 in West Newton, Massachusetts

83 months ago

So it seems that approx. 3 out of 60 people are satisfied with this company. Wow what a great record! I just returned from a meeting with one of their reps. A truely mind boggling experience, the guy told me he did not have the ability to look at their job postings???? obviously a lie. I have forgotten more about engineering than the two reps. i have met with can ever hope to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I received a call from AeroTrick in the greater Sacramento area. They proudly announced that they had a job opening for me. I thought I'd check it out, so I took the bait. I got the usual AreoTrick bum's rush treatment at their office, as they rattled off their instructions to me. They gave me the time to show up to the hiring company's facility. One minor thing, though, they gave me the wrong time. When I arrived at AeroTrick's stated time, the supervisor was angry with me; very angry! I was fired. Thanks to all those shallow "experts" at AeroTrick who think they know everything and pretentiously try to get you to think they do. I didn't like the job all that much, but it would have been okay until I found something real.

I laugh at these shills who come in here and praise AeroTrick. You can tell them a mile off, because they say things like, "I owe my worthless life to AeroTrick, because they got me a job for scraping chewing gum off park benches. I'm now getting minimum wage, and can now afford to sleep on those same park benches. How can I ever thank the recruiter? The great benefits like 5 days vacation every year, oh wow! I can't even imagine they off more vacation anywhere else. Thank you, AeroTrick, for making life worthwhile. I'm wiping the tears of joy off my face as I write this." I exagerate a little.

You get the idea. By the way, GoodGhost Ha, get AeroTrick to teach you to spell. I know you're caught up in shilling for your recruiter and all, but try to see your experience with a little more objectivity. Let me guess; you work for them. hahaha

Shinobi in New York, New York

80 months ago

Look into the company. Research it. After uncovering some facts, you’ll know Aerotek is one of the largest recruiting/staffing firms in the nation. The owner is Steve Bisciotti, who also owns the Baltimore Ravens. This is a legitimate company which is privately owned. This company has been established for more than 20 years. They employed thousands of people a day ranging from all sorts of skill levels, from manufacturing, commercial, professional services, environmental, scientific, and so on. That information is completely true, so obviously everybody can’t be helped, due to their attitudes, poor job history, poor work ethic, can’t pass background, can’t pass a drug tests, and constantly call in sick, so these are the people that come to this site and bash, b*tch, complain, rag on, and bring that “woe is me” attitude. So don’t be one of those individuals that get on forums and listen to these people, look into the company, just educate yourself on if you want to work with Aerotek or not. It’s that simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.