Interviewed with them and never heard again from them

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

M. Smith in Norristown, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I went for an interview - they were meeting with client the next day. Sent emails, called several times and no return phone calls, emails or interview with the company. Spoke to the supervisor of recruiter and was told he would call that day. No phone call. It was a waste of time and I would never use them as agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

T.G. in Green Bay, Wisconsin

84 months ago

I had the samething happen to me. They make promises that they won't keep. If anyone is thinking of using them. Don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

L

81 months ago

I'm pretty amazed by the bad experience. I got a job through them once and thought it was a reliable name to try again for a temporary position.

I was asked to get in for an interview the afternoon after applying for, supposedly, an open position. It was listed precisely word for word with different recruiters' names as contacts and different salary ranges repeatedly on various job boards. I was asked to get in that afternoon for an interview to ensure my chances at this great opportunity for which I was perfect. I changed my plans and was asked to bring references and alerted my references that they would be contacted that day for a job starting the following week. That afternoon I was told all was positive, that my references had been contacted and the resume sent over, so they saw no reason why I wouldn't be starting the following Monday. They were just awaiting "feedback."

And then nothing. No call to let me know yes or no. No return calls and no answers to emails when I checked back to find out the status of the job I was supposedly starting in a matter of days.

So unprofessional and disappointing. Do they have so many applicants that they can afford to lose thousands who will never approach them again due to their unprofessional behavior? They lie about the situation and the salary, saying "the client won't go any higher than" and then the identical job is listed with a different salary range the next day. I guess to find a different group of inductees who won't get a job or any explanation from the experience. Tiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous10 in San Diego, California

80 months ago

I was actually interviewed by them and was called in the following week to fill out some paperwork. Once that was done, I began at my position the following Monday. I completed my first week at the job and on Friday I got a call from my recruiter telling me that this bank was making cutbacks and that I was being let go. I'm not blaming this incident entirely on Aerotek, but obviously there was a lack of communication with the client and I, along with several other people in my training class suffered the consequences. I would stay away from Aerotek if applying to a temp-agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous10 in San Diego, California

80 months ago

Anonymous10 in San Diego, California said: I was actually interviewed by them and was called in the following week to fill out some paperwork. Once that was done, I began at my position the following Monday. I completed my first week at the job and on Friday I got a call from my recruiter telling me that this bank was making cutbacks and that I was being let go. I'm not blaming this incident entirely on Aerotek, but obviously there was a lack of communication with the client and I, along with several other people in my training class suffered the consequences. I would stay away from Aerotek if applying to a temp-agency.

To top it off: I emailed and called my recruiter several times and never heard back from him. Stay away from Aerotek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lillith in Dayton, Ohio

80 months ago

Anonymous10 in San Diego, California said: To top it off: I emailed and called my recruiter several times and never heard back from him. Stay away from Aerotek.

I second this advice. Avoid Aerotek at all costs. Their recruiters screen phone calls and will only contact you if they desperately need you. Same with the other big recruiting firms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda, DC metro area, Virginia

80 months ago

You're so right about promises Aerotek doesn't keep. I interviewed with them and was supposedly lined up for a job the following Monday. They gave me the company name and location and it was just a matter of checking my references and calling back with more details. Then, after hearing nothing and no return calls, the job was "delayed." I was to wait several weeks for the start date but was asked to return to Aerotek ro fill out paperwork to confirm the assignment.

Several days before the start date I got a call saying there was no job. Poof! "Sorry, the client had a change in plans." If that were true, shouldn't I expect them to do everything within their power to find me something else? There was no attempt to do anything to make amends. They are extremely dishonest and unethcial and lie to potential employees to cover themselves with clients.

I changed my plans many times to accommodate Aerotek and they have no qualms about lying to potential employees to cover themselves. Stay away from Aerotek and, unfortunately, recruiters in general. They will tell you anything and then hang you out to dry. They lie, period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Carter in Arab, Alabama

80 months ago

I hate to hear everyone's bad experience with Aerotek. Companies such as this give my firm (2 employees...family owned) a bad reputation that we constantly have to overcome.

If your recruiter that you chose to work with is not willing to spend at least 2+ hours on the phone with you then I would not waste your time. Genuine recruiters want to get to know all about you both personally and professional so that they can place you with a hiring manager that would be an accurate fit. Yes, you may "fit the bill" for the job requirements and responsiblities but if your personality and lifestyle doesn't fit the hiring manager's or the office culture then you've just been a "bad apple" that has been thrown into a bad situation...not to mention at the end of the day your bringing that stress home and next thing to know your family life is involved and stressed too.

Some recruiters (not all) that work for large and even small firms are only out to "make a placement fee." What candidates don't realize, is that recruiters such as this not only hurt the candidate in the long run but also damage their relationship with their clients which are the ones that make the investment in you.

Long story short...I'm sorry you've all had to go through this. I specialize in the placement of engineers. However, if I can be of any assistance to any of you feel free to contact me. I have a lot of friends who are the "good guy recruiters" in other fields that I can put you in contact with or I can just offer some advice period on things to watch out for with "other recruiters."

And please don't judge your bad experiences on all recruiters. There are good ones out there such as myself that so happy to enjoy to "make a difference in someone's life and their families." I can't tell you how many times, I personally myself have dropped my fee to $0 with my clients just to overcome the bad reputation because it was in my candidate's best interest. My contact info: RCarter@LeadingEngineers.c

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Carter in Arab, Alabama

80 months ago

One last thing...I know everyone's situation is different. However, in my experience in the engineering field, some hiring managers (not all) frown on individuals that have taken several temp jobs. It not only makes their resume choppy but it instantly appears that your a job hopper and most hiring managers do not care for job hoppers.

This is another reason why you should be with a recruiter who will never allow your resume to leave their desk without your first and foremost mutual consent. I speak directly with the hiring managers and present a "verbal summary about you." If they are interested by what I share with them verbally (without invading your privacy and releasing any of your personal information) then I have an interview date/time in place next and at that time they still don't know anything about you personally. Then I come to you and say...ok...this hiring manager with this company is interested in you. Here is their information...are you interested in finalizing this interview, etc. You say yes...then I ask for your permission and consent to release your resume...then and then only after your mutual consent will the hiring manager even know who you are etc. If you say no, then no harm no foul...the hiring manager doesn't know a thing about you and you don't have to worry about it getting back to your current employer etc because nobody can even possibly trace it back to you that you are the one I'm representing.

Looking for a job is a job in itself! That's why you should get to know and trust a recruiter that will do all the work for you. All you have to do is spend some quality time on the phone getting to know each other and it all goes from there!

Hope this helps some!

RCarter@LeadingEngineers.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jastreb in Minneapolis, Minnesota

69 months ago

Its a shame you have all had such bad experiences with Aerotek. In Minneapolis, I have had good luck with them. I got a good job back in 2006 and was hired on as a perm after 3 months. Then the company had cut backs and laid off 20% of the workforce recently.
I went back to Aerotek and they placed me in another good job in only a week.
Keep in mind that this temp agency is a franchise, so each branch or group of branches in a given area may be run differently. But, again in Minneapolis they have a good reputation.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.