Just another piece of crap recruiting company.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Doug Plucker in Corona, New York

90 months ago

Doug Plucker said:
I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.

There is a filter! Just put -aerotek in the 'what' field and no more ads by these clowns will show up in your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ed from out skirts of union city,calif. in Oakdale, California

90 months ago

Doug Plucker said: Just another piece of crap recruiting company.
You can apply for a position with this company for which you are extraordinarily
well-qualified, and you will NEVER hear back from the company.
You will, however, continue to see the same position advertised
by them, week after week, month after month, for a year or more after
you have applied.
I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.
I Think all these guyz are after are leads for themselves from your resume they call your old jobs to see if they can get clients

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PHIL

89 months ago

THIS COMPANY IS TO BE DESIRED.CALLED ME IN FOR A INTERVIEW TWICE. SHOWED UP SHOWED ALL MY REFERENCES AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO NO AVAIL.WASTED MY TIME AND MY GAS TWICE,315 A GALLION IS NO JOKE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Asheboro in Asheboro, North Carolina

89 months ago

I agree its a waste of time to apply for a job posted by this compamy. I have applied to approx 15 job listings with this agency. The few times that they did call, I was treated like a 5.00 an hour flunky. Come on corporations, do your own hiring and give good qualified people a chanc. PS, I have 25 yrs in the tool and die trade, so dont tell me im an idiot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sherrie in Cedar Park, Texas

88 months ago

Mike in Asheboro said: I agree its a waste of time to apply for a job posted by this compamy. I have applied to approx 15 job listings with this agency. The few times that they did call, I was treated like a 5.00 an hour flunky. Come on corporations, do your own hiring and give good qualified people a chanc. PS, I have 25 yrs in the tool and die trade, so dont tell me im an idiot.

I have had the same experience as you--I don't know what the heck is going on in the job hiring world today. I have applied several times for jobs listed with a non-profit agency. My background and experience do meet the requirements. However, everytime I email my resume to them for a particular position, I immediately receive a post card from the corporate headquarters stating the usual "although your qualifications are impressive..." They railroad you with phone calls, so you can't follow up and they also use "don't reply to this email..." Having over 25 years experience under my belt, you would think someone would be courteous and talk with me...my assumptions have shattered! Well, this is only one example. I have many scenarios like that...no return call, no email, no nothing!!!! Boy, sure wish it were like the good old days of yesteryear, when a candidate was treated professionally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

b in Columbia, South Carolina

88 months ago

I absolutely agree with you they are an utter waste of time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Matt -Tampa in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

You can Doug, there is a filter in advanced options at the top of the page.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

STEVE4all in Farmersburg, Indiana

87 months ago

Did you know that Aerotek has a policy that if you are currently working for ANY contract agency, they will not lift a finger to help you get that permanent job! They claim that they have this (unwritten) agreement to not steal any candidate from another agency. They claim that they will do their best to find you a position (little do they say that it will only be a contract position) because that is why they are so stinking greedy. Because of some major screwups they made, their manager promised that he would personally see to it that all of his agents were made aware of my immediate availability and they would call me whenever a new position came along. Guess what, just another line of BS. In six months I have received not one phone call. They really do care about you. It is very obvious that they need to be taken to court on their lack of filling the individual's needs, let alone the lack of respect to an individual's right to request a submission for a permanent job position. As far as it goes, no person should be denied the right to apply for a job, no matter what their current job or lack of job status is. These people take extreme pleasure in denying people their right to choose a job. They told me directly that they have already been taken to court over not submitting people for jobs and that they won. Makes me wonder if they are perpetual liars and really don't give a damn about what they are doing to people. Maybe you are right to say that all they are concerned with is the bottom line and their own pocketbooks. It is obvious that they will keep screwing around with people and only deal with those who are stupid enough to allow this to continue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Matt -Tampa in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

And why not?

My recruiter placed me in a new position more money, etc. It makes sense that they get contacts so that they can place the next guy that sits down in front of them with one of these contact leads.
If they took your leads and didn't place you, it probably means that you were not placeable at there client.
Its not there fault.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Grand Rapids, Michigan

87 months ago

STEVE4all in Farmersburg, Indiana said: Did you know that Aerotek has a policy that if you are currently working for ANY contract agency, they will not lift a finger to help you get that permanent job! They claim that they have this (unwritten) agreement to not steal any candidate from another agency. They claim that they will do their best to find you a position (little do they say that it will only be a contract position) because that is why they are so stinking greedy. Because of some major screwups they made, their manager promised that he would personally see to it that all of his agents were made aware of my immediate availability and they would call me whenever a new position came along. Guess what, just another line of BS. In six months I have received not one phone call. They really do care about you. It is very obvious that they need to be taken to court on their lack of filling the individual's needs, let alone the lack of respect to an individual's right to request a submission for a permanent job position. As far as it goes, no person should be denied the right to apply for a job, no matter what their current job or lack of job status is. These people take extreme pleasure in denying people their right to choose a job. They told me directly that they have already been taken to court over not submitting people for jobs and that they won. Makes me wonder if they are perpetual liars and really don't give a damn about what they are doing to people. Maybe you are right to say that all they are concerned with is the bottom line and their own pocketbooks. It is obvious that they will keep screwing around with people and only deal with those who are stupid enough to allow this to continue.

This policy is not true. I used to work for them. They DO have a policy of not pulling candidates from current clients of Aerotek. That would be bad business. When I recruited, I loved pulling people who were on contract out of their job into new opps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

denver in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Is there a website out there listing all the crappy recruiters w/comments so people don't waste their time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

Hi Doug, I understand exactly what you are saying. This is one of the reasons why I started searching only on quiboo.com, a little monster, and a few local sites. Quiboo is the only site that I have seen that has tons of jobs where they only allow you to link to the actual company with the job, no recruiters or stuff like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

julia in charlotte in Suitland, Maryland

86 months ago

you guys are correct...this company is just terrible to deal with. For 2 years I have been sending in resumes for the exact jobs they want filled, that I am well qualified for. I am not working for another temp agency but permanent somewhere else and I still have never been called for an interview. I don't waste my time with staffing firms anymore. They want you to come in and spend 2-3 hours testing!!! Spelling, grammar, math....it's like high school and then take personality tests for another hour. Then you are not sent on any interviews. I have a bachelor's degree from 1969 and have worked for 30 years..if you take time off from your current job to fill out forms and take their useless tests you are just loosing more money! I do all my job searches myself. Any big company that worth it's reputation with do their own hiring.. good luck to all...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

smalldog in Boston in Hingham, Massachusetts

86 months ago

Ed from out skirts of union city,calif. in Oakdale, California said: I Think all these guyz are after are leads for themselves from your resume they call your old jobs to see if they can get clients

Aerotek are bottom feeding scum. The positions that they list are generally already filled. The primary reason that they list these is to get you to "bite" on their hook and get you in their "process" Their "process" involves 1)submitting resume (so they can milk it for potential clients) 2)getting you in for a "face to face" (so they can see if you do have potential and can actually be considered for one of their real listings) and MOST IMPORTANTLY 3)SO THEY CAN GET THE NAMES OF YOUR REFERENCES! NOTE: REFERENCES SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN TO ANYONE EXCEPT A HIRING MANAGER ON REQUEST. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY ONLY WANT YOUR BOSS'NAME, ESPECIALLY IF HE/SHE IS IN A POSITION OF POWER.

My advice: if you are seriously looking for work, get networking and avoid Aerotek like the plague!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ha ha_1 in Hanover, Maryland

86 months ago

Wow there are some hilarious and misguided comments on this page. If you are so talented and qualified why are you needing the help of a recruiting firm? The simple fact is that companies pay a premium for a service that these recruiting firms supply and they can and will be picky with who they interview/hire. So many people think that they are qualified for every job under their respective title, but this is not the case with an ever changing job market and technological advancement. Just because you were a QC Inspector 13 years ago doesn't mean you qualify now.

Let me ask you a question. If you were going to hire or interview someone would you do this without checking a reference? I didn't think so....so stop complaining about the recruiters asking for references. Find a job on your own if you don't need a recruiters help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Hanover, Maryland

86 months ago

STEVE4all in Farmersburg, Indiana said: Did you know that Aerotek has a policy that if you are currently working for ANY contract agency, they will not lift a finger to help you get that permanent job! They claim that they have this (unwritten) agreement to not steal any candidate from another agency. They claim that they will do their best to find you a position (little do they say that it will only be a contract position) because that is why they are so stinking greedy. Because of some major screwups they made, their manager promised that he would personally see to it that all of his agents were made aware of my immediate availability and they would call me whenever a new position came along......"

That is the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard. I would say more than 50% of the contractors Aerotek places come directly from assignments with other agencies. There is, however a policy that recruiters cannot and will not pull candidates from other Aerotek clients. I will not even acknowledge the topics discussed in the rest of your idiotic tirade because clearly you have not done enough substantial research to back up anything you have written about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Hmm...obviously written by someone who has no clue and has obviously never had dealings with Aerotek.

I agree with some of what you have written. I have and do work with very reputable recruiters who are hired on a contingency basis to locate and prescreen suitable applicants. I honor and respect them as they are typically paid up to 1 year of my salary if they place me. With these recruiters I sit and go over every nuance of every position that you have held, what you are looking for, etc. It is a great way to prepare for the interviews that these recruiters will be sure to get you now that they know and appreciate your talents.

Aerotek is not one of these recruiters. They post postions that do not exist. They do not submit your resume to the hiring managers. These people will cut off any discussion with you UNLESS YOU SHARE YOUR REFERENCES.

All these people want you for is to get the names of your former boses. Why? Bosses = hiring managers = possible future placeements = $ for Aerotek.

Do not for one minute think that they are working for you.

So, Mr. Ha_ha_1, go to your local Aerotek office. Fill out their insulting application and get your 5 minutes with a "Technical Recruiter, Aerotek CE" who will be a 22 year old w/o a clue as to what you do. But they will ask for your references so that they can relentlessly pursue they nice guy who was your former boss in the hopes that he will give them a listing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

So what do you think a recruiter does all day??? I mean really what would the benefit be to post jobs to receive 300 unqulified resumes for most likely falsified information??? What would be the benfit of spending day after day speaking to the same unhireable person? You're unemployed for a reason - poor attitude and unmarketable. The employment agency's goal is to fill the job with the best canidate. You're not getting called back because you're NOT that candidate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Thanks for being such an idiot, GWAJ. Think about it for a second. The reason that nobody has said anything good about Aerotek is because there is nothing positive to say about them. I too, like you, am an employed taxpayer. But I, unlike you, have had dealings with this scumbag company. Also, unlike you, I am a highly paid, well educated person and can back up all of my comments with documentation. Again, unlike you, I do not shoot my mouth off and get involved in areas and subjects with which I have absolutely no knowledge of.

Now, I hear your boss calling you back to your french fry station, you better get going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

HR Person in Greenville, South Carolina

85 months ago

GWAJ please tell me what company you are at with a 200K salary with HR. I too am in HR and I make a good living but 200K. Now that may be a little far fetched. If you said you were making in the 100K range OK. Plus it is not a 200 figure salary. It's called a 6 figure salary in the 200K range. Most people making that knows the lingo.
Also I worked for Aerotek for 3 1/2 years and left on good terms. In fact if it wasn't for the job there I would n't be in HR now. With that said, it is true Aerotek does a lot of what these people say. Post jobs to get leads, call people to get leads and act like they have an open position. This is taught to the recruiters so the sales people can cold call. Now is that good business yes and no. Is Aerotek a 2.5 billion dollar company yes. Do they practice good ethics no. But take it from a former employee, It is a good company to work for internal but not as a contractor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

John in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

I actually worked for the parent company (Allegis Group) and I can tell you that they're all a bunch of sh*t (Aerotek, TekSystems,Stephen James& Associates). Actually I am quite surprised that they are still in operation considering all of the illegal activity that I witnessed while employed there. I can't say it enough...STEER CLEAR of this entire scam of companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DeVona Sims in Montgomery, Alabama

83 months ago

s1ark5 in Tampa, Florida said: waaaaaa, waaa waaaa, the reason you guys dont receive a call back is because you do not fit the position, stop crying and find a job

Have you found a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Denver, Colorado

83 months ago

Well said - I agree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Guy in Somewhere, Illinois

83 months ago

What a ho-hokum company this is! I've dealt with this company for years and have yet to get even one damn interview. While I may not be the worlds best job candidate, how in hell can it be possible that not one single interview has taken place through Aeroshmuck! It defies all mathematical probabilities!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hey over here in Orlando, Florida

73 months ago

ha ha_1 in Hanover, Maryland said:

Let me ask you a question. If you were going to hire or interview someone would you do this without checking a reference? I didn't think so....so stop complaining about the recruiters asking for references. Find a job on your own if you don't need a recruiters help.

<Edited by Host: Personal attack removed>

It's a proven fact the only reason Aerotek collects references is to build a client sales data base. Aerotek asks for three no matter if they are going to submit you or not. But bet your last dollar Aerotek sales will call on the listed names in your references for sales leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Professional in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

STEVE4all in Farmersburg, Indiana said: Did you know that Aerotek has a policy that if you are currently working for ANY contract agency, they will not lift a finger to help you get that permanent job! They claim that they have this (unwritten) agreement to not steal any candidate from another agency. They claim that they will do their best to find you a position (little do they say that it will only be a contract position) because that is why they are so stinking greedy. Because of some major screwups they made, their manager promised that he would personally see to it that all of his agents were made aware of my immediate availability and they would call me whenever a new position came along. Guess what, just another line of BS. In six months I have received not one phone call. They really do care about you. It is very obvious that they need to be taken to court on their lack of filling the individual's needs, let alone the lack of respect to an individual's right to request a submission for a permanent job position. As far as it goes, no person should be denied the right to apply for a job, no matter what their current job or lack of job status is. These people take extreme pleasure in denying people their right to choose a job. They told me directly that they have already been taken to court over not submitting people for jobs and that they won. Makes me wonder if they are perpetual liars and really don't give a damn about what they are doing to people. Maybe you are right to say that all they are concerned with is the bottom line and their own pocketbooks. It is obvious that they will keep screwing around with people and only deal with those who are stupid enough to allow this to continue.
Unprofessional, greed, unethical, deceitful. We honestly don't have time to rundown the laundry list of adjectives to describe the what kind of agency Aerotek represents. I have not read any responses on this post forum that did not have validity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Jobless Guy in Somewhere, Illinois said: What a ho-hokum company this is! I've dealt with this company for years and have yet to get even one damn interview. While I may not be the worlds best job candidate, how in hell can it be possible that not one single interview has taken place through Aeroshmuck! It defies all mathematical probabilities!
You don't need these jokers, besides, you don't need them - Consider the no contact / no assignment as a favor they did you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

John in Bronx, New York said: I actually worked for the parent company (Allegis Group) and I can tell you that they're all a bunch of sh*t ( Aerotek , TekSystems,Stephen James& Associates). Actually I am quite surprised that they are still in operation considering all of the illegal activity that I witnessed while employed there. I can't say it enough...STEER CLEAR of this entire scam of companies.
I would like to share war stories about this entity. Too bad neither of us are attorneys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aggravated in Chattanooga, Tennessee

14 months ago

Well I was part of the newest layoffs from this agency. We was promised our severance pay plus bonus Fri and its now Sun with nothing! And of course there is NO-one to gwt ahold of. So now I hhave to worry about finding a job, which was promised at 6 months would be hired in, after 11 months of not missing but have to worry about where my money is;/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aggravated in Chattanooga, Tennessee

14 months ago

Well I was part of the newest layoffs from this agency. We was promised our severance pay plus bonus Fri and its now Sun with nothing! And of course there is NO-one to gwt ahold of. So now I hhave to worry about finding a job, which was promised at 6 months would be hired in, after 11 months of not missing but have to worry about where my money is;/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.