Alaska Structures Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 416)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Alaska Structures?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

frank in Redmond, Washington

92 months ago

Its all about SALES! Don't be scammed by "administrative assisant" positions or any other ad titles - its ONLY for sales. Also they flat out said in the interview they have a 900% turn over rate with a 9 outa 10 walk outs within the first 90 days! If you do go interview speak up and be confident as they like strong willed people, but its ALL ABOUT SALES! You've been warned

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Redmond

92 months ago

I agree with Frank and Lisa. I was interviewed for an admin rep position and I will tell you that they are watching your responses. They had me wait for about 30 minutes after my supposed interview time. I think one person walked out because they felt they were being ignored. BTW, they were running a group or panel interview with three others besides me. The bigwigs asked whether "high turnover" is good or bad and the HR director tries to prompt you to ask questions. If you don't ask a lot of questions, he gets a little irritated. They talk about sales and the fact that they have 900% turnover but they claim it is because the people who work 40-45 hours are ashamed of the guys working 80-120 hours. Also, you can't leave the building. They expect you to stay inside. They don't believe in lunches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Laslo in Kirkland in Seattle, Washington

91 months ago

So does this mean the are only looking for sales people when the advertise for some other typ of job? Sounds like those scams where they get you in for an interview then tell you the job is really selling fake perfume in parking lots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Husky in Bellevue, Washington

91 months ago

Very strange interview. They are very secretive about the company. Be prepared to be thrown a few curve balls. They'll really nail you if you just start talking without substance or reason. Most of the people on the panel just sit and stare at you. I think they are just there to intimidate you. If you are bold and can hold your own the interview will go well. All in all they did not give a favorable impression. None of the interviewers introduced themselves, no thank you for coming in, really sterile and cold. I thought it was funny that all the interviewers had open macbooks in front of them. From what I could tell, half of them were just surfing the net. VERY WEIRD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Kirkland in Kirkland, Washington

91 months ago

Agree with Husky in Bellevue. Panel interview with four Alaska Structures people and two other candidates - no introductions, very aloof, no idea about job titles or functions of the interviewers. Intrigued by how analytical the follow-up questions were for some of the interviewees. Seem like bright, though elusive and arrogant, people. The Macbooks were out in full force as well as dogs in the office and in the interview. Told that the military is very small part of the company's business though everything found online would seem to suggest otherwise? Was there for controller position, but interviewers refused to disclose what the controller would be responsible for or the makeup of the department/organization. Last controller died at a young age. Not sure what the wizard behind the curtain is at this company. Interview ended with instructions to email if still interested or to call. Couldn't jot down email address as it was rattled off extremely quickly. VERY STRANGE experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Walli in Kirkland in Kirkland, Washington

91 months ago

Bob in Kirkland in Kirkland, Washington said: Agree with Husky in Bellevue. Panel interview with four Alaska Structures people and two other candidates - no introductions, very aloof, no idea about job titles or functions of the interviewers. Intrigued by how analytical the follow-up questions were for some of the interviewees. Seem like bright, though elusive and arrogant, people. The Macbooks were out in full force as well as dogs in the office and in the interview. Told that the military is very small part of the company's business though everything found online would seem to suggest otherwise? Was there for controller position, but interviewers refused to disclose what the controller would be responsible for or the makeup of the department/organization. Last controller died at a young age. Not sure what the wizard behind the curtain is at this company. Interview ended with instructions to email if still interested or to call. Couldn't jot down email address as it was rattled off extremely quickly. VERY STRANGE experience.

I agree with all of the above comments! I worked "one day" as a temp receptionist and they asked me not to return. Mind you I've been an Executive Assistant for many years and came from Boeing Corporate Community Relations. And yes, they want you there at 6 a.m. and you DO NOT leave the building. They bring in lunch so you won't leave. Funny, they found my resume and two different people called when I already turned down the first caller. A good place to stay away from I believe. Yes, turnover is huge - you'll see the same positions advertised over and over. Be warned for sure! They're only a few blocks from where I live in a fabulous location but I wouldn't go near that place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Kirkland, Washington

91 months ago

I agree. The success of people in this company scares me to death, dont want anything to do with it! I am keeping to a regular job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

chunsiv in Seattle, Washington

91 months ago

I did the panel interview for the Controller position. Very intimidating environment and will not let information about the company up front. Very dictatorial leaders. Interviewed with four people, one of which had a dog in her hands. A random bald guy with mustache walks in and begins asking questions as well. No one introduces themselves. Really wants you to work 90+ hours a week. Ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Redmond in Redmond, Washington

91 months ago

Made it to through 3 interviews and was asked to come in again for a 4th when I wrote them a letter requesting to be removed from candidacy. The wages they are offering are well beneath what an intelligent person would want to be compansated for the amount of hours they want contributed to their company. In addition I was grateful to have been asked to interview so many times because it enabled me to decide that I didn't like their atmosphere, or the attitudes of the others employed their. I would never work in a place with a group of arrogant workaholics that think they are climbing some imaginary corporate ladder because they put in a lot of time with the company and want me to believe the same. Here's some advise your not going anyware your just making the people at the top rich!Also don't be fooled by their offer of 100% paid medical for entire family. They have 96% turnover in the first 90 days therefore the only medical they are paying is only on the 4% of people working there which I'm sure consists of long term executives period. If your still interested in working there, good luck! Your obviously not the faint of hart and are quite the risk taker because from everything I have gathered from this company no matter what your job is never secure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Seattle, Washington

91 months ago

Thanks for the comments. Was going to interview for the controller position, but I think I will pass.

chunsiv in Seattle, Washington said: I did the panel interview for the Controller position. Very intimidating environment and will not let information about the company up front. Very dictatorial leaders. Interviewed with four people, one of which had a dog in her hands. A random bald guy with mustache walks in and begins asking questions as well. No one introduces themselves. Really wants you to work 90+ hours a week. Ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shari in Bothel in Kirkland, Washington

91 months ago

wow! Now thats shocking

www.csrwire.com/News/4727.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bickford in Seattle, Washington

90 months ago

The sales training is second to none. It encompasses personality identification, Line of questioning and so forth. Any individual will come out the training at minimum a above average sales person.
With regards to the interview process, Dick likes to play the old sales guy trick. But it is kinda hard to pull off when picture of him with President Bush is on the wall. Also dont be bothered by everyone in the room working on laptops. Actually on youtube if you could see the screen. Great way to get them on heals is to ask one of the individuals who hasnt been paying attention to you a question. Be warned, this job is for those who dont have a family and are looking for monitary success at all cost. If that is your goal this is the place.
Minimum I would take a job here just to get the training and to understand what is important in life and at a job. After working here you will never be blinded by unimportant distractions, whatever that may be to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Speedo in Seattle, Washington

90 months ago

This place sounds like an absolute nightmare! Sounds like the environment is hostile and actually against HR policy. You're required to take an hour lunch and two 15 min breaks while working an 8 hour day. This place is insane! They should be investigated. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roy in Seattle, Washington

90 months ago

I have worked there for 2.5 years and I will tell you that it will be on my own personal list as one of my best places I have ever worked! What's funny about this blog is that everyone is so focused on the sales function of this company and the people during an interview. What you really get out of working at AKS is leadership skills, strategic leadership skills, and life values.
Moreover, the CEO is probably one of the most sensitive persons on this planet! Sure his loves a hard worker who doesn’t. Ask anyone who was successful in their business and what kind of hours did they work to get there.
Some of the things you will learn about if your one of the lucky few who are selected is business strategy, understanding your customers needs better than your competition, trust, teamwork, and compassion.

What company
- provides a product that saves lives in the most extreme environments
- has employees begging to do earthquake relief work in Pakistan or hurricane relief work in the gulf
- has the CEO actually go to these less glamorous places for relief work

It’s all about perception and emotions…

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Roy in Seattle, Washington said: I have worked there for 2.5 years and I will tell you that it will be on my own personal list as one of my best places I have ever worked! What's funny about this blog is that everyone is so focused on the sales function of this company and the people during an interview. What you really get out of working at AKS is leadership skills, strategic leadership skills, and life values.
Moreover, the CEO is probably one of the most sensitive persons on this planet! Sure his loves a hard worker who doesn’t. Ask anyone who was successful in their business and what kind of hours did they work to get there.
Some of the things you will learn about if your one of the lucky few who are selected is business strategy, understanding your customers needs better than your competition, trust, teamwork, and compassion.

What company
- has employees begging to do earthquake relief work in Pakistan or hurricane relief work in the gulf

I can tell you that I currently work with one of your ex-employee's. He lasted 3 or 4 months and has told me numerous stories about working in that environment. Everything that I have heard from him has appalled me. I don't believe that abusive sales tactics and slave driving are appropriate ways to run any organization. Why does your company brag about the high turn-over? You shouldn’t be proud that no one wants to work there...it doesn't make you cool or exclusive. The employee's who are still there don't have self respect and are glutton's for punishment. No one should be treated like an animal in their place of work. It just isn't right. Life is too short. Your company should seriously be investigated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

What did you mean by "abusive sales tactics"?

With regard to "slave driving", the best preception I can give you on what it's like it to see the movie Miracle where Kurt Russell plays Coach Herb Brooks.

Turnover is a little lower than the Navy Seals, but then again your developing the best sales and leadership on this planet.

R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Here are a few examples...

1. The president poured Tequila down this ex-employee's back while he was making a sales call.
2. This person was also required to stand on a street corner and scream "Mary Had a Little Lamb" until he lost his voice. Some type of humiliation tactic.
3. He was called at all hours of the morning and evening and had to be available 24/7.
4. The president would walk up behind him and hang up the phone while he was in the middle of a sales call. The president would laugh and walk away leaving everyone frustrated and defeated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I agree with Roy on many points. You really do get leadership skills, strategic leadership skills, and life values, whether they are the same as Dick's or develop your own. You end up understanding yourself.
As I said the sales training is second to none. As for abusive sales tactics - Those are not great examples of the culture as in the fact that those examples are taken out of context.

While yelling "mary had a little lamb" may be embarrassing and uncomfortable, the experience taught a number of important lessons that any individual in sales needs to learn in one way or another. The method may not be what you approve of but it is effective.

The tequila was just plan funny, and I never was called at odd hours and never had the president hang up on a customer of mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I totally agree with the sales training coming from my co-worker. He is a top sales person and I know a lot of his training came from the company's program. I won't dispute this. However, I do believe that there should be a work / life balance. The negative things that were told to me may have been taken out of context...I did hear them through a 3rd party. Let this be the last of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Ok Bickford you know I've had too many hours of AKS training. Be more direct! You just made a huge Freudian, if you remember what that means. "I agree with Roy on many points". What you are really saying is that you disagree with me on many points as well. Ok, what are those.

What Dick was trying to get was for this exercise was to get you to feel uncomfortable just like the emotional stress curve. Dick knew exactly what would negatively push each of our buttons Screaming "Mary had a little lamb" just happen was embarrassing and uncomfortable for your particular personality, since it was the opposite of what you really are. Your more like the "big bad wolf".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I thought you may be getting out of practice by now. I do disagree with you on one point. "Moreover, the CEO is probably one of the most sensitive persons on this planet!"

I never saw that sensitivity in person to person interaction.

I will say that he helps many individuals around the world that have experienced horrific events. He is a great humanitarian who is sensitive to those individuals plights. His reactions to those individuals that work for him I would not call sensitive.

"big bad wolf" maybe

Better then relating

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

150 phone calls 6 days a week for 2.5 years. Out of practice? Never in my entire life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Panda bear in Seattle, Washington

90 months ago

Roy:

You said that Alaska structures is one of the best places you have worked. If the place is so great why aren't you still there?

My fellow co-worker was an employee as well so I did hear a lot of stories about people quiting one day and then coming back to work a few days later.

From what I understand it takes a very specific personallity type to work there and if you fit that type you will learn a great deal.

Hind sight is always 20/20, and you may have forgotten all of the bad things and took all of the positive training the president had to offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Take what you just said and you can apply it to any organization in the world.

R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Redmond, Washington

90 months ago

Ok, Roy so if you have worked there and think its so great why don't you tell us all some more of what is really useful, like what the culture is really like there. Do they let you leave for lunch? Is it frowned upon to work 40 hrs a week? Are they miss representing themselves by interviewing people for job titles that are not actuall sales jobs and then making them do sales? Do you really work 4am to 4pm? When I was there I was sitting by the reception area when a call came in for a salesman who was standing 3 feet from the receptionist who took a message for him, then the receptionist promply got of the line wrote down the message and told the salesman that the call was for him and the person left a message. The salesman said thank you for telling me but you can just clip it on to the message rack which was a foot away from him because obviously he was to good to just take it right then. What can you attest to that type of behaviour? Is that a typical scenaio of how people treat others who work there? It seems you are so focused on how there is something so great to be learned there but what is it exactly because most of the people in this forum were not even interviewing for sales jobs they were interviewing for admin, accounting, and HR how exactly are those people treated their? I would have to say that I don't know how you would run a company of your own but the point of HR is to sell the company not the product and with 96% turnover they are failing in that respect. What do you have to say about that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Wow lots of great questions.
Let's start with the culture:
AKSs culture type is a hybrid CLAN and MARKET
In a CLAN culture leaders are typically Facilitators, Mentors, even Parental in nature. Yet combined with the MARKET culture where leaders are Hard-drivers, Competitors, and Producers. This type of management theory is where participation fosters commitment and where competition fosters productivity.

Do they let you leave for lunch?
Actually yes. You can leave if you but you have to pay for your own lunch. I have left for lunch a lot of times. You do not work during your lunch you usually end up talking to co-workers. The culture makes you uncomfortable to leave during lunch because of the competitive nature in everyone who works there. They think your gawking if your not there with everyone else. But if you don't have a bad buttons against eating lunch on your own more kudos to you...Remember it's leadership that drives this organization. The person must make a decision upon themselves to take a lunch off site.

Are they miss representing themselves by interviewing people for job titles that are not actuall sales jobs and then making them do sales?

They are not making anyone do sales unless they are a sales person. To be a sales person you must have certain qualities that common laypersons do not have. It like becoming a Jeti Knight. Once in a while a support person might have a chance at learning the system, but it's really rare and I would consider someone very lucky to get the chance. The backlash from doing so is they end up having such mal effects of the training because it's going against society in general. I call it the cleansing process, some call it brainwashing... Talk to any military person in special operations or someone who was in the CIA or even CTU and they will understand.

Do you really work 4am to 4pm?
Some of us did because we had accounts in other countries. Most worked M-F 6a - 4p and Sat. 6a - 11a. MORE Lat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Brett in Seattle, Washington

90 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Alaska Structures?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Alaska Structures is full of a bunch of nut jobs. I interviewed and they are the strangest people I have ever met. Really. STAY AWAY!!!!!!! Don't waist your time because they will certainly waist yours. Idiots!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kaizen in Kirkland, Washington

90 months ago

Roy, are you able to explain the 150 calls a day strategy? Are you able to sell with out collateral or personality? Help understand how a sale associate looks and acts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Mighty in Seattle, Washington

90 months ago

You all, I cannot tell you how invaluable this information was to me. I am so glad that I did a google search on Alaskan Structures. I was all setup for a job interview for a position in their IT department (this morning at 6:00 am!). I know that IT is a completely different animal than sales, but I would have to gather that the same, if not more demands would be placed on the IT department at this place.

I received a phone call yesterday about an IT position available in their company. I found it strange that they would consider an initial panel interview before doing some kind of phone screener. I inquired as to what the position entailed and what type of IT position it was (as there are many), and the woman could not give me any answers. The only thing that she said is that it was an IT position. She then promptly asked what time would be best for me to come in for a face to face interview. I had to slam on the brakes at that time and start doing some research. I had never even heard of this company before. I looked them up and found a few sources (this one being one of them).

I really don't need that type of stress in my life right now. As you probably know all IT positions have an inherent amount of accountability and stress.

I do have to admit that I really wanted to go on the interview just out of sheer morbid curiosity. Oh well, gone and forgotten.

Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

stellarseller in Snohomish, Washington

90 months ago

You certainly made the right choice. Don't look back. There are plenty of IT positions out there in the Seattle area! Best wishes to you...

kaizen in Kirkland, Washington

90 months ago

I had an incredible 2 interviews, "Dick" was at both. I brought my wife along today and we both agree it was worth the moment. I sense an enormous force at Ak S. Perhaps I'll join the team. I encourage any serious canidates to consider leaving a possible comfort zone and try this view into a new way of looking at thier career potentials. It was apleasure to be interviewed with my guard lowered, and converse openly....regards Larry S

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

I am sure Dillion knows who this is. in Everett, Washington

90 months ago

Roy in Seattle, Washington said: I have worked there for 2.5 years and I will tell you that it will be on my own personal list as one of my best places I have ever worked! What's funny about this blog is that everyone is so focused on the sales function of this company and the people during an interview. What you really get out of working at AKS is leadership skills, strategic leadership skills, and life values.

What company

LAST I HEARD, YOU QUIT ROY. AND I AM PRETTY SURE IT HAS BEEN LONGER THAN 6 YEARS? HOW THERE I GO AGAIN. WAY OFF BASE AND JUST DON'T GET IT...

I am sure Dillion knows who this is. in Everett, Washington

90 months ago

OH, YES SORRY...LONGER THAN 2.5

90 months ago

It will be one year since I worked there in August 06 and I think about the AKS team everyday. Working at AKS is like having a broken heart, with time you get over it, but you will never forget them.

Roy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck Montner in Los Angles, California

90 months ago

This stuff all sounds crazy. Im not quite sure what they do. From their website it looks like they sell Military Tents, Fabric Structures, Shelters, Army Tents, Mobile Hospitals, Mining Camps and that kind of stuff. For you guys that worked there, is that right? I was looking at Alaska Structures website www.alaskastructures.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Yep, thats the one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Hey,
Have anyone ever seen Wag the Dog? For those Ex-AKSers once you see it you understand what we do there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck Montner in Los Angles, California

90 months ago

What do you mean by Wag the Dog?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Rent the movie "Wag the Dog", let me know what your reactions to the movie are...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angelina in Mountain View, California

89 months ago

I recently completed two interviews with Alaska Structures. The second interview did include six or so people with open laptops, but that is where the similarity to blog descriptions ends. The experience was not intimidating, although it was sometimes difficult to get specific answers to questions. However, the staff seem dedicated to their organization and interested in finding the right people for their team. The CEO Mr Hotes joined the second interview and I can tell you he was NOT wearing "ball-hugging shorts" nor was he pouring drinks over people's heads. Mr. Hotes is an intelligent, articulate consumate businessman who runs the business the way it works for him. Although I didn't take the position applied for, I would consider this organization in future, primarily because of the high calibur of staff and especially after meeting the CEO, from whom much can be learned about successful business management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Buddy in Seattle, Washington

89 months ago

I can't believe there are people actually trying to defend this pathetic excuse for a company. Alaska Structures reads this so also note that people trying to defend this sack of feces are employees paid by them just trying to do damage control.

Anyone honestly willing to defend such abusive people have no respect for themselves. Someone should take that jerk that likes to pour drinks down people's backs and sue his stinky little rear end. How sad it is to see that people working/applying for positions with this company have either so much need or so little self-esteem.

HAVE RESPECT FOR YOURSELVES! Everything falls down according to it's own weight. This company will get what is coming to it, one way or the other. What is the point of not even introducing yourselves at an interview? To demean your self-worth, and to deny your humanity. What a lack of professionalism, what a disgrace to America.

The way they flaunt their abusiveness is going to come crashing down on their own heads, as they are generating a LOT of hate from everyone that deals with their pathetic, miserable excuse for a company! Hey CEO! You are pathetic!!! You are MISERABLE!!! MISERABLE!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Speedo in Renton, Washington

89 months ago

I totally agree!! You're so right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Angelina in Mountain View,

What position did you interview for?
Why didn't you take the job?
What made you change your mind?

Roy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

If there is one piece of advise I can give anyone with negative views of AKS is the following:

#1 Whether an organization is a sales or a service company. Or whether your an applicant applying for a position. Remember "All decisions are make based on emotions." Period. Whether you buy a car or when you interview for a job, you are placed in a position to make a decision.

#2 You must learn the 4 types of personalities:
Director, Thinker, Socializer, and Relator

#3 The interview will draw out your personality.

#4 They are looking for Directors and Thinkers only, but if you have some Socializer in you they will consider you. That part of your personality will make you a better sales person.

#5 Every personality has it's pluses and minuses.

I can go into more details about the personalities if you want me too.

#6 Each personality has it's good and bad buttons. Having too many bad buttons will send some people over the edge. Like we see in some of these postings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Buddy in Seattle, Washington

89 months ago

Buddy in Seattle, Washington said: I can't believe there are people actually trying to defend this pathetic excuse for a company. Alaska Structures reads this so also note that people trying to defend this sack of feces are employees paid by them just trying to do damage control.

Anyone honestly willing to defend such abusive people have no respect for themselves. Someone should take that jerk that likes to pour drinks down people's backs and sue his stinky little rear end. How sad it is to see that people working/applying for positions with this company have either so much need or so little self-esteem.

HAVE RESPECT FOR YOURSELVES! Everything falls down according to it's own weight. This company will get what is coming to it, one way or the other. What is the point of not even introducing yourselves at an interview? To demean your self-worth, and to deny your humanity. What a lack of professionalism, what a disgrace to America.

The way they flaunt their abusiveness is going to come crashing down on their own heads, as they are generating a LOT of hate from everyone that deals with their pathetic, miserable excuse for a company! Hey CEO! You are pathetic!!! You are MISERABLE!!! MISERABLE!!!!!

Hi buddy, actually I was going to apply for the Financial Analyst position at Alaska Structures, but after your comments which were so useful to me, I changed my mind. I want to work for a place where they respect me and value me as a person and coworker, so definitely AKS is not the place. Thanks. Jamie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Kirkland, Washington

89 months ago

I went in for an interview recently for a sales position. They actually make you come in at 6am! What you people don't realize is that they actually print out this blog and hand it to everyone who comes in for an interview. Then they ask you what you think and try to get a reaction out of you. They read this blog and laugh all day, the worse the comment the more fuel for their fire. They all make fun of people that have to resort to blogging because they have no real life friends to talk to. I find blogging is a good way to talk to people with similiar interests and feel bad for a place that is so ignorant to the importance of internet blogging. They won't be around much longer with that attitude. Take caution if you are looking for a long term career, this probably isn't the place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Well then I say the more the merrier. If more people speak out about this company and how they perform interviews and how they treat people the less likely they are to get any candidates.

If anything I would think that this forum would make them a little uneasy as to how many potential applicants they will lose.

If this is legitimate, and they are "Making Fun" of the people that "Blog" due to lack of friendship they really need to take a hard look at what they are implying about their company (Plus their ignorance about the difference between a forum and a blog). Besides, who exactly gives them the right to judge others?

I find it reprehensible that they have to guise their company to lure potential candidates into their office. Other companies have people clamoring at their doors to try to get in. This company has people clamor to get out.

I really owe a ton to this forum for saving me from a decision that I, without a doubt, would have regretted.

Spread the word about this boondoggle company and their unscrupulous routines. They will never get quality candidates and eventually work themselves out of business. Hopefully this will trickle down to some Lieutenant General's wife and that will be the end of their lucrative contracts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dont waste your time in Seattle, Washington

89 months ago

AKS is the worst company to waste your time at in life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frank D. in Seattle, Washington

89 months ago

Reading this has been fun. I interviewed with these folks a few years ago and enjoyed the experience. They are a different group. Roy was there and was as positive about the company as he is on this forum. Roy, you and your compatriots did look a little tired. I would like to hear of your experiences. It's interesting to see the different things people want out of employment. I am not worried about A 96% wash-out rate or not getting to go for a stroll at lunch. I want to know if the 4% that make it earn $250K or more. I know that I do not know a damn thing. If these folks can show me how to pull in the dollars that I am worth I'll be at their door tomorrow at 4:00 am. If singing Mary had a Little Lamb on a street corner can help me break through the limits I have put on my self then listen up cause I'll be singing. I really would like to hear of some successes. There has been some serious whining posted on this page. I am going to drive by tomorrow and look for Porsche's in the parking lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.