Lies of Amedisys

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

nedra in Eatonton, Georgia

47 months ago

I worked for Amedisys for 5 years as a BOS. I always had great inventories, always willing to help in any capacity I was needed. I transferred to another office closer to my home when the DOO (who was a wonderful, helpful and great person to work for) changed her position in the company. I don't blame her she worked so many hours.Well, they hired a person to take her place who was not easy to get along with, lied, and did not know my job mustless hers. She did not have our pts. interest at heart. She let me go a few weeks before Christmas. I had my grandchild I was raising and my husband was out of work. I had lost my brother than 99 days later lost my sister (both in their 40's)I had tried to get help from higher up about the way she treated people that worked under her. No help from anyone. She called me in her office on Dec 8th and told me I was terminated. I ask her why. She told me she was not going into that! Than while I was tring to gather my things (after I called my husband to come get me) she stood over my desk like I was going to steal something. She was rude to my husband when he came in to get me as well. I was on unemployment for 2 years. You see she never responded to the unemployment office about why I was let go so they paid me for 2 years. When I got intouch with someone at the corporate office to find out why I was let go I was told in an email that I was insubordinate and that I had issues withhow I scheduled. The BOM told the DOO at that time that I scheduled just like her and the way I was trained. As for insubordinate there was only once that I refused to do what she told me. That was to dig a paper out of the shredder that I had made an error on.I refused to do that. She thought my error would make me look bad.All I had done was redo the paperwork in the first place.After I was let go several nurses left due to the working conditions. Not long afterwards that DOO resigned. All I can say is Amedisys lost many good employees due to one person

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

could of been bettet in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

I worked in nursing with the company and it was great. Then it took a 360, but not the company itself, but the Harlingen office itself. Six LVN, but five were worked more than one, which he was full-time as well. Just because he worked 19 yrs with VBMC in Harlingen, "He got away with doing his job". If he didn't want do hard wound cares, male folly, the schedule would approve it, but only him. If there were meetings he didn't have to come. Every LVN DID HIS JOB, BUT HE ONLY DID HIS. The scheduler is discriminative, offensive, bully, rude. She gets away with doing what she wants because she does every body else's job. My thing was is what makes that LVN SPECIAL. The case managers are afraid of her. What does that tell you. The scheduler has been reported, but they will let go of every one else, but her. Anyone can do the schedule and then some. Then we were told that the LVN had to take days off in the week, instead of cutting corners some where else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marian Canter in Bradenton, Florida

19 months ago

nedra in Eatonton, Georgia said: I worked for Amedisys for 5 years as a BOS. I always had great inventories, always willing to help in any capacity I was needed. I transferred to another office closer to my home when the DOO (who was a wonderful, helpful and great person to work for) changed her position in the company. I don't blame her she worked so many hours.Well, they hired a person to take her place who was not easy to get along with, lied, and did not know my job mustless hers. She did not have our pts. interest at heart. She let me go a few weeks before Christmas. I had my grandchild I was raising and my husband was out of work. I had lost my brother than 99 days later lost my sister (both in their 40's)I had tried to get help from higher up about the way she treated people that worked under her. No help from anyone. She called me in her office on Dec 8th and told me I was terminated. I ask her why. She told me she was not going into that! Than while I was tring to gather my things (after I called my husband to come get me) she stood over my desk like I was going to steal something. She was rude to my husband when he came in to get me as well. I was on unemployment for 2 years. You see she never responded to the unemployment office about why I was let go so they paid me for 2 years. When I got intouch with someone at the corporate office to find out why I was let go I was told in an email that I was insubordinate and that I had issues withhow I scheduled. The BOM told the DOO at that time that I scheduled just like her and the way I was trained. As for insubordinate there was only once that I refused to do what she told me. That was to dig a paper out of the shredder that I had made an error on.I refused to do that. She thought my error would make me look bad.All I had done was redo the paperwork in the first place.After I was let go several nurses left due to the working conditions. Not long afterwards that DOO resigned. All I can say is Amedisys los

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

WinDixie in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

8 months ago

Love working in the Wilkes Barre office, although I hear other offices in Eastern PA are very disorganized and micromanaged. My DOO, CM, and BOM are very supportive and appreciative of the hard work the clinicians do. They always go to bat for us. We have a lot of patients that request us time and again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.