How to get a job at American Airlines.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 270)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at American Airlines? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Adriannonyc in Flushing, New York

75 months ago

Travel and tourism (associates) anh hospitality management (bachelors) Billingual and working knowledge of french, italian and portuguese

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

53 months ago

Every job that I have applied for with American Airlines I've received a rejected notice. I have 20 years in the travel business as a travel agent both leisure and corprate travel, since sept 11 nad the economy the travel industry has been hit hard and now with the internet people are now making their travel arrangements with the internet so travel jobs are being more deleted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

50 months ago

kantntll8 in sun valley, California said: Hey when did you have your face to face? Was it with Sean p. So what the next step? When is there a class starting?

I had a interview in nyc this past week for fleet sesvice..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

50 months ago

AA hasnt hired FAs for ever, it been a really long time..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

50 months ago

kantntll8 in sun valley, California said: I know but heard they were hiring

Thrs nuthin on their site abt FAs, othr positions are there..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Boss in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: I had a interview in nyc this past week for fleet sesvice..

ay Jet I had a interview with the fleet service position..i got pre-employed, i did my finger prints, and background check, I cleared that..i faxed my paper work to HR in FT.worth, now im just waiting for a offer letter. Did you get that far in the process? because I been waiting for my offer letter for 3days now, I wanted to know if its a email i should be looking for or a postal letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

Boss in Brooklyn, New York said: ay Jet I had a interview with the fleet service position..i got pre-employed, i did my finger prints, and background check, I cleared that..i faxed my paper work to HR in FT.worth, now im just waiting for a offer letter. Did you get that far in the process? because I been waiting for my offer letter for 3days now, I wanted to know if its a email i should be looking for or a postal letter.

I had the interview on the 31 aug, i havnt heard a peep yea or ney it will be a month nxt week. I tried to email Richard but his email isn't working to find out what was goin on. You may not get an offer they'll prolly give you day to come in for orientation not sure tho.

When did they contact you and how?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

boss in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: I had the interview on the 31 aug, i havnt heard a peep yea or ney it will be a month nxt week. I tried to email Richard but his email isn't working to find out what was goin on. You may not get an offer they'll prolly give you day to come in for orientation not sure tho.

When did they contact you and how?

..hmm i was also interviewed on the 31st of aug. also, the 10 o'clock session..i was actually contacted last week, i dont speak to richard i speak to a woman named isabel. but yeah she keeps good contact with me. i'll let you know if i hear anything from her.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

boss in Brooklyn, New York said: ..hmm i was also interviewed on the 31st of aug. also, the 10 o'clock session..i was actually contacted last week, i dont speak to richard i speak to a woman named isabel. but yeah she keeps good contact with me. i'll let you know if i hear anything from her.

Oh ok, i had the 9am session with tony. Richard contacted first to let me know tht i had a interview..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Oh ok, i had the 9am session with tony. Richard contacted first to let me know tht i had a interview..

Oh so did you do your fingerprints and background check? or no?

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

I'm not sure how it works on the AA side of the company but i know on the AE side they do everything in E-mails or over the phone. I know this for sure about the Flight Attendants. I'm not sure about other positions.

49 months ago

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I'm not sure how it works on the AA side of the company but i know on the AE side they do everything in E-mails or over the phone. I know this for sure about the Flight Attendants. I'm not sure about other positions.

how long did the whole process take you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

boss in Brooklyn, New York said: Oh so did you do your fingerprints and background check? or no?

Like i said i havnt heard anythng, so no.

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

Boss in Brooklyn, New York said: how long did the whole process take you?

For the Flight Attendant on the AE side I applied in May. Got my invite for a group and F2F Aug 26th did finger printing that day did medical on the 30th and now I'm in the Oct 4th class for training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

When i was hired by AE a CSR position a cpl of yrs ago it didnt take long at all, the f2f hired tht day, medical, the nxt week i was put to work.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

I didnt hear anythng, so I gss its a no go.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: For the Flight Attendant on the AE side I applied in May. Got my invite for a group and F2F Aug 26th did finger printing that day did medical on the 30th and now I'm in the Oct 4th class for training.

Whoo Hoo, congrats Jenn.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

Did anyone get hired as yet?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

49 months ago

Any thing new going on?

boss in New York, New York

48 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Any thing new going on?

Yeah jet, I got hired..I start next week. I cleared my background check..did u hear anything yet

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

Hey Boss:
No I didnt hear any thing as yet..

boss in Ridge, New York

48 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Hey Boss:
No I didnt hear any thing as yet..

Jet other airline such as southwest and usairways was hiring did u apply to those?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

boss in Ridge, New York said: Jet other airline such as southwest and usairways was hiring did u apply to those?

Yes I did, got rejection notice frm SW today and one from US several weeks ago..

boss in Ridge, New York

48 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Yes I did, got rejection notice frm SW today and one from US several weeks ago..

have u tried jetblue?..getting the job @ AA was a long process..took about 3wks

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

Nothing's goin on @ JB right now, I called HR @ AA and the said the last time the profile was touched the 31st of Aug and its active for 90 days. I applied to American Eagle for a operation position, hve to see how far thts gonna go.

48 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Nothing's goin on @ JB right now, I called HR @ AA and the said the last time the profile was touched the 31st of Aug and its active for 90 days. I applied to American Eagle for a operation position, hve to see how far thts gonna go.

Jet AE was hiring for Leads @ lGA did u apply for them? my 1st day of work is finally 2morrow, after a 2month process

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

Hey Boss:
l saw that, not enuff expernce for tht position, but l did apply for a operations agnt last mnth but havnt heard any thing as yet.
Also l applied @ Republic,any way thanks. Will keep intch.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

Hey Boss:

I see AA has put that Fleet position back on their web site again..

48 months ago

yeah they hirin like crazy cuz they adding new flights, done with my 1st week of trainin'. flight benefits are a little different though, good thing is that it weekly pay

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

Just because ur p/t, man thts not fair @ all. Sux

47 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Just because ur p/t, man thts not fair @ all. Sux

Did they call you back for a interview?

47 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Just because ur p/t, man thts not fair @ all. Sux

did they call you back for a interview again?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

47 months ago

Boss in Brooklyn, New York said: did they call you back for a interview again?

Hey, no I didnt a call back..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Hey, no I didnt a call back..

i dont see why dont do call you back, cause from what i seen yesterday they need people. im p/t but they ask me can i stay extra hours. so the hours are there, no reason why they wouldnt call u back. who interviewed u the first time, lisa arthur or the other manager?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

47 months ago

I calld back some time ago and the recruitment center said the application would be on file for 90 days. I interviewd wth I believe it was Lisa & Tony..

JET-nyc in Manhattan

47 months ago

I applied @ American for LGA, so lets see wht happns.

boss in Ridge, New York

46 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: I applied @ American for LGA, so lets see wht happns.

good luck with that, i told a friend of mine to apply there also

JET-nyc in Manhattan

46 months ago

I see thre hiring @ JFK agn.

45 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: I see thre hiring @ JFK agn.

Jfk is hiring, and AE is hiring. so is airtran

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

boss in Brooklyn, New York said: Jfk is hiring, and AE is hiring. so is airtran

I applied @ AirTran last wk & A E last nght.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

I applied @ Republic & Mesaba got rejection notices frm both of them. Hows ur job goin wth AA so far.

45 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: I applied @ Republic & Mesaba got rejection notices frm both of them. Hows ur job goin wth AA so far.

AA is goin ok..except the lil bitchness by sum of the senior workers. but they literally hired new ppl, i seen them all 2day. nd i think their holding interviews in 2 or 3 wks again. I told my friend and cousin 2 apply, they havent had any luck either

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

boss in Brooklyn, New York said: AA is goin ok..except the lil bitchness by sum of the senior workers. but they literally hired new ppl, i seen them all 2day. nd i think their holding interviews in 2 or 3 wks again. I told my friend and cousin 2 apply, they havent had any luck either

oh ok, I applied @ AirTran got a rejection notice frm thm also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Host said: Do you work at American Airlines? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Go to the American Airlines website and on the bottom of the page click on careers and then check the job postings in your state and apply for the position you are seeking. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

momtozoey in Illinois

44 months ago

I just had my f2f and they did my prints on the same day...I think I have the job but I am wondering how long it took for you to hear back after the prints were done?? I am also wondering how long it took to get a start date. Since when I went no one really knew when we would start.

Any info you can share would be great. I have a really good feeling since they took the prints right away and said I should hear back about medical and that part next. Then I would get my letter.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

44 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: I just had my f2f and they did my prints on the same day...I think I have the job but I am wondering how long it took for you to hear back after the prints were done?? I am also wondering how long it took to get a start date. Since when I went no one really knew when we would start.

Any info you can share would be great. I have a really good feeling since they took the prints right away and said I should hear back about medical and that part next. Then I would get my letter.

Boss in brooklyn prolly can ansr tht question, he jus got hired not too long ago..

momtozoey in Illinois

44 months ago

Jet thanks...I am hoping this works out...I have a trip coming up too that I have to tell them about once I get an offer. I am really wondering when I should look for that.

I am sure they will work with us on our trip plans since we booked ti last year and it is paid in full. We leave in 64 days. And I am hoping that we start after that. But I am not sure if it will happen. Since I will be gone too for like 10 days.

44 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Jet thanks...I am hoping this works out...I have a trip coming up too that I have to tell them about once I get an offer. I am really wondering when I should look for that.

I am sure they will work with us on our trip plans since we booked ti last year and it is paid in full. We leave in 64 days. And I am hoping that we start after that. But I am not sure if it will happen. Since I will be gone too for like 10 days.

It takes like 2wks

44 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Boss in brooklyn prolly can ansr tht question, he jus got hired not too long ago..

I told him it takes 2wks for him to start

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.