How to get a job at American Express.

Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at American Express? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Chermise Middelbrooks in High Point, North Carolina

99 months ago

How did you get an job working for American Express? Will this interfere with me raising my 3mth daughter.How are the hours at American Express? Are the hours flexible? how can be a member of American Express? Please email back and let me know how i can get started?

DLJ in Palatine, Illinois

97 months ago

Amex is very "clicky", almost like High School - you have to know someone to get a job..AND...more importantly you must fit in. It depends on the area as to how flexible they are regarading raising children.

Societygirl in Hackensack, New Jersey

2 months ago

Yes, I have applied to numerous jobs I am overqualified for and always get rejection emails. Anyone experiencing the same?

Societygirl in Hackensack, New Jersey

27 days ago

I just had an interview with AMEX in the World Financial Center today! As you can see with my last post, I applied for numerous jobs. I was called back for a job I didn't even apply for. I applied for Analyst roles and was called back for an Executive Assistant/Analyst role. Essentially, the position would have the "opportunity" to potentially be promoted to Analyst roles and working on Analytic projects sometime, but focusing MOSTLY on Administrative & support tasks right now. The first interview with the Senior Manager went well, but the second one with the SVP was only 15 minutes although scheduled for 45. I understand you're busy, but she was somewhat rude and seemed to be rushing. Why even decide to meet with me then? Of course, she said the "we'll definitely be contacting you" when the interview came to a close. I'm still going to send my thank you letters, but I'm not holding my breath and will continue applying to other positions and seeking my in to this organization. I'll update again with the results. Good luck everyone!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.