American Greetings Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at American Greetings?

What do you like best about working at American Greetings? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Cleveland, Ohio

88 months ago

I had an interview with them for a rep job and it started at $7.15 per hour. And they said that if you have experience, which I have many years of/plus education, they said they would start at $7.25 per hour. And no mileage reimbursement at all. I figured that the company must also be the cheapest in the card industry in other positions also. Furthermore, their products have not only gone up in price, but at the same time, they have gone way down in quality. Talk about a company being cheap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

What are the benefits like? in Cleveland, Ohio

30 months ago

Hi, I'm considering a full-time position with AG at their headquarters in Cleveland. They have not disclosed what their benefits are. Can anyone tell me if they offer a 401k and if there is a match? What's the PTO too for a new hire (vacation and sick time). I'm not too worried about the health insurance, but if you can offer any insight, that would be nice. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Pixiejean in Ohio

30 months ago

I was reading employee ratings on a few other internet sites, employees write that a 401K program is available but that there is no company match, overall, their benefits, according to the employees/former employees are not at all good or competitive. I had a head hunter contact me regarding an open position with AG (which has been open for months) after researching the company I will not apply.

A good rule to judge a company's benefits: If the company does not tell you the benefits upfront, then the benefits are dismal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pixiejean in Ohio

30 months ago

I was reading employee ratings on a few other internet sites, employees write that a 401K program is available but that there is no company match, overall, their benefits, according to the employees/former employees are not at all good or competitive. I had a head hunter contact me regarding an open position with AG (which has been open for months) after researching the company I will not apply.

A good rule to judge a company's benefits: If the company does not tell you the benefits upfront, then the benefits are dismal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.