How to get a job at American Greetings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you work at American Greetings? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Inshirah in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

agemploy in Houston, Texas said: Why would You want to work for AG .First off thier pay is awful you could makes as mush if not more working for wendy's.Not to mention with gas being almost3.00 a gallon
how can anyone drive 30 miles or more between stores in 1 day at a rate of 7.25hr with no millage paid for you to do so ? break it down.. Not to mention it is so full of politics who knows who and gossip your just so down about even showing up and listoning to it everyday esp in the houston area they have some of the worst leads to have to deal with but no one says anything to thier face or complains for thier is no need your ignored so whats the point .

I worked for AG in Cleveland for over twenty-five years before leaving- it's true about the politics played within the company (with managers and supervisors playing favortism). When I first started it was really a family based company (nepotism), then came the friends of the family, so when promotion or job changes came along, it wasn't what you know are how well you did it, but who you know. A good theme song ould would be a song titled "Smiling Facing Tell Lies". I'd like to add that I loved the work I was capable of doing while there and not all the people there were back stabbers (I did meet and work with some nice),some were just as much a victim of the corporate politics as I had been.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mandy55 in Cleveland, Ohio

77 months ago

I hear the company drug tests. Does anyone know if that's true and what kind of test it is? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Superdata in Cleveland, Ohio

76 months ago

Nepotism is a key word at AG. If you are family or long time friends/employee, you'll go far. You don't even need a degree or the right qualifications if you are connected. Entry level MBAs are used like clerks. If you are connected and liked, you can keep screwing up, costing business and money, and get promoted. The C level execs are pretty isolated from the truth. AG only fires the ones who are really doing the work and following directions. Outsiders don't last long, especially in high positions, unless they fly under the radar or don't understand what ethics and good business practices are. Real lack of leadership and vision. Lots of crisis created from lack of true business experience and knowledge at high levels, beginning at Exec Director level. Proceed with caution!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darlo7@aol.com in Ottawa, Illinois

44 months ago

Host said: Do you work at American Greetings? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I am trying to get in also,but no luck. Did you ever get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Walnut Creek, California

30 months ago

To get a job w/AG is really easy. Go on line and fill out a application. Then the app goes to corporate, they take forever to go through them and then they send them to the appropriate districts, to when the A.S. take a while to go through them. Even if they need people. They look for people that are able to learn quick, work before and after all major holidays, internet and land lines are required, you will need to print. However, no reimbursements. Be able to work or cover a store with a signle phone call. They don't like to hear I can't make it I'm busy. The ratings/evaluations/teaching techniques/upload of knowledge have a VERY "fine line". To where there are really no right answers. And no one will say yes or no. It's "just get the job done". And do it under your assigned hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.