What's the company culture at Amerigroup Corporation?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Amerigroup Corporation?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Amerigroup Corporation?

Reply - Report abuse

queenB in Virginia Beach, Virginia

75 months ago

Business casual is the attire......however I must say that the associates do not have a crystal clear understanding of "business casual". More than half of the associates look like they are on their way to the local club. Associates are allowed to wear jeans on Friday, however the associates even manage to mess up that privilege. Too tight jeans can always be seen on a Friday at Amerigroup.....UNPROFESSIONAL.

A typical day in the life of an employee at Amerigroup......very busy but rewarding with a generous salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HR Resident in Virginia Beach, Virginia

74 months ago

The dress code is business casual Monday-Thursday and jeans on Friday, and the code specifically enumerates what jeans wear is acceptable for Friday. Basically, one needs to demonstrate professionalism in their appearance and dress regardless of what day of the week, but unfortunately, the dress code is subjective to many, so you will occasionally find dress code offenders on any given day. In my experience, it isn't surprising to find a dress code offender in any workplace.

As for the type of people at the company, I believe the atmosphere in which you work is dependent on the personality of your coworkers. Fortunately, I work in a department of people who enjoy the occasional happy hour; "work hard, play hard" are words by which we live.

Amerigroup is one of the best-managed companies, and there are many sharp, innovative, and hard-working individuals here. Needless to say, this is a fast-paced, busy, and challenging workplace with the aim of providing quality healthcare to its members while helping states spend tax dollars wisely. Bottom line...the purpose that this company serves is a good one. It's a company worth considering applying for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.