Waist of Time to Contact Them or Register - Fake Job Listings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 433)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

anon in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

The C in SC in Columbia, South Carolina

90 months ago

I thought that I was the only one experiencing that problem with AppleOne (along with many other staffing & temp agencies). I filled out the application online, went to my interview, took the skills assessments, they went over the position's duties, scheduled a telephone interview with the employer, and never heard anything else from them. Oh that was until I applied to one of their many postings on Monster.com. I did receive a call from one of their "highly skilled", "professional" agents, telling me that I had already applied for a position and they did not want to see me. It was a total lie on her part because Monster.com only allows you to apply for a job position one time. The same jobs have been posted by them for two years now. I had only applied for positions that I was qualified or over-qualified for. ALL temp agencies and staffing agencies are a complete waste of time. They make it seem like they have a position for you and then you never hear from them again. What exactly is their purpose, to torture people looking for work with their sick games?

One of my theories about staffing and temp agencies is that they only post fake jobs to lure people in to fool their corporate office into thinking that their particular office is actually getting assignments and have a large amount of agents in their database. This is done just to keep their location open. It is all just one big scam. Who wouldn't want to "work" in an office and get paid for not actually doing anything? Oh, I know who would, a very lazy person!

Unfortunately in the area were I live a lot of local companies have began using staffing agencies to do the candidate selecting for them. I don't feel that that is very effecient. They need to remove the middle-man, isn't that what the HR Department is for? Besides, that is actually taking money away from the company "big-wigs", and we all know how much they love their money!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Sacramento, California

90 months ago

I would totally agree a waste of time to register with Appleone. I scored high on all their test, have extensive experience and solid work history. The only job they offered me was a temp job for $8.00 per hour that started at 5AM and was for only 10 days. Please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

H. Dennis

90 months ago

I'm in total agreement! I've been out of the job market for over 10 years now, and am appauled at the lack of professionalism, and responsiveness regarding this agency in particular. EVERYTIME I call about a possible lead on one of there many advertised positions, I get the same old "let me take your number and call you back" response. And of course, no one ever call me back. I wonder what the CEO of this agency (*name removed) has to say about her company's poor service. While I'm at it, I'll throw in my comments about Act-1 Personnel Agency, the sister company to which (*name removed) owns. It too, leaves much to be desired. The companies are unprofessional, non-responsive and very distrustful. Don't know how they stay in business...and obviously could be making a lot more profits if they had more productive staff people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

H. Dennis

90 months ago

I'm in total agreement! I've been out of the job market for over 10 years now, and am appauled at the lack of professionalism, and responsiveness regarding this agency in particular. EVERYTIME I call about a possible lead on one of there many advertised positions, I get the same old "let me take your number and call you back" response. And of course, no one ever call me back. I wonder what the CEO of this agency (*name removed) has to say about her company's poor service. While I'm at it, I'll throw in my comments about Act-1 Personnel Agency, the sister company to which (*name removed) owns. It too, leaves much to be desired. The companies are unprofessional, non-responsive and very distrustful. Don't know how they stay in business...and obviously could be making a lot more profits if they had more productive staff people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TBS in MPLS in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

90 months ago

I have to agree with the other postings. Despite a stellar résumé, tons of experience and sparkling test results, they dodged my calls as if I was a bill collector. I finally went to a smaller, privately owned placement service who treated me with respect, conducted testing and arranged an interview for me within 48 hours for a well-paying position. Given their performance, I have no clue how (or why) AppleOne's reps are paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

90 months ago

anon said: I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

Same too for Charlotte! I scored VERY HIGH on the tests too...and never called me. I called back about 2 weeks after I went in and found out the guy who "interviewed" me quit the day before....guess he got sick of the crap too.

Good Luck, you will find something!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rachael white in Covina, California

90 months ago

wow. i'm glad i read these comments. i did my online app with apple one and was looking forward to finding employment through them - they seem to have more postings than the other agencies and the best paying jobs, but maybe not...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

KG in Kyle, Texas

90 months ago

I overheard from another agency they are forced to put fake adds online to try an stay competitive. The employees are young and is probably making $10- $11.50 p/h. Company is suffering need to use marketing money before the fiscal year end. Go figure. I here the salesforce is out there looking for work for all us who have applied. Yes, it is a marketing bluff using our eagerness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CG IN AUSTIN in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

I've had absolutely the same experience as the others have had, here in Austin. DO NOT waste your time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

THEY ARE ALL FAKE! THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME. EVERYONE OF THEM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Donna said: I would totally agree a waste of time to register with Appleone. I scored high on all their test, have extensive experience and solid work history. The only job they offered me was a temp job for $8.00 per hour that started at 5AM and was for only 10 days. Please!

Yea, I believe you too. They are a complete hoax. You have to take the tests,etc and one girl at a location that I took my test at was soooo happy that I scored high on the "common sense" test- the one about Representing Apple One: be polite, honest, etc. (I did well on the MS Office ones too...)

Though I did sooooo well and have great credentials, (as they said, and I'll agree!), no word.

I went to a diff temp agency and asked the girl about this other job. She told me it was a fake and they only put it on the net to attract customers. (I wasn't surprised by her answer, but surprised she admitted it to me!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D-Man in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

I know all too well how everyone of you feel who have posted on this site... and tend to agree with all...these agencies are a waste of MY time & effort. You're just cattle to them! I have called several of the agencies I have registered with to speak with the person I originally spoke with and who was really all hyped about the position I was interested in and VERY qualified for and after a couple of calls, found out they were no longer with the company/agency...that just about says it all.
For me AppleOne is OneBigMistake!

Austin, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Orange County in Los Angeles, California

90 months ago

I too have had questions for A1 with no answers. They put me on a job that looked real good, but out of the blue, I got call saying, "thanks for stopping by". No reason given even though I was on the job for several months. I still havent gotten a call back despite many years in the profession I had worked. I wish they were completely honest with me-it was save me time and frustration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Underwriter

90 months ago

anon said: I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

------------------
oh apple one. interesting. i registered with them in july 2006 for an underwriting position. never received any calls. lo and behold, what see my tired eyes on this site ? a mortgage underwriter position here at my location. my phone isn't ringing. how very odd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh in Richardson, Texas

90 months ago

Yep! The job is fake!!!! Don't give up, you will find something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in St. Paul MN in Minneapolis, Minnesota

90 months ago

Wow, I wish I had read this stuff sooner... It all makes sense to me now, of course. "You kicked butt on your tests, so... yeah, this should be real easy, I'll try to get you some higher level administrative jobs." But actually, she wanted to stick me in collections, out in the middle of nowhere, knowing I take public transportation. Give me a break, already! Not only that, my roommate uses them too, and she worked in their office for a couple of days -- she overheard the employees saying, "Oh, don't put that person through to me, I don't want to hear from HER again," and the like, and then they sent her home early so they wouldn't have to pay her as much. Don't bother with them, they're utterly disrespectful and lazy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Yep! You will find something! :) Hang in there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

D-Man / Austin, TX in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

Isn't there some where, some place you can make complaints about these agencies and their antics ?? There should be a law against this... it is close to "Fraud" - if it isn't!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie in Colorado Springs, Colorado

90 months ago

Colorado Spring Apple One is no better! Jumped through all of their hoops only to hear, "Oh, that job is taken, blah, blah, blah"! What a total waste of time! I have a Master's degree and they won't even call me back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Folsom in San Lorenzo, California

90 months ago

I have a temp reporting to me from Apple One right now. Prior to starting with us, she worked in the Apple One office and told me how they put fake ads in the papers and online to lure people in to fill their stables. I believe her, because when I moved up here I had a heck of a time finding a job and coming from the Bay Area making 70k a year in management positions, I wasn't about to work for $10 an hour, which is what they offered me after I called them over and over. For crying out loud, I was making more $$ on unemployment!
Stay Away

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jagry in Las Vegas, Nevada

90 months ago

They are as real as a $3 bill. If you want a real job [professional type] go anywhere else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ellie, Sonoma, CA in Petaluma, California

90 months ago

I'm registered with several other temp agencies, including AppleOne, and have come to one conclusion about all of them: if you are willing to work for immigrant wages, you MAY get a call. On many occassions, I've called to let the agencies know I'm available, and they respond by acting like I was intruding in on them! I've seen many postings on Monster by AppleOne, but I wonder how many of them are fictional postings!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I'D SAY THAT MOST OF THEM ARE FAKE. THEY JUST WANT YOU IN THE DOOR (DRESSED PROFESSIONALLY, OF COURSE) AND THEN THEY WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. SOME ARE DIFFERENT, BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. TRY "SNELLING STAFFING SERVICES" IF THEY HAVE ONE OUT THERE.

MUCH LUCK TO US ALL! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cam in Orlando, Florida

90 months ago

May God bless you all, to find good work that fits your talents.

Thank you for the information regarding this agency and others. It will help me stay focused. I'm happy to hear sane voices in the workplace. Write to the corporate heads and our legislators for change. Overcome the evil with good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Canyon Country, California

90 months ago

I've been called back several times over a several week period by 2 different people that keep asking me to send my resume back to them for a job. I finally got one of them to say that the company just wants a flow of resumes to look at again.

I've been to several temp agencies and never had any luck with any of them. I've gotten a few interviews but that's it.

It used to be you could find work quickly and stay in your job forever if you had talent. Now it's just the opposite - it's who you know and how well you get along with your boss (oh and don't forget all those fun mergers and aquisitions which means marketing folks get thrown away very quickly as well as much of the rest of the staff)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cheri B in Hayward, California

89 months ago

WOW, I wish I would have found this forum BEFORE I wasted so much of my time and energy with AppleOne! My story is similar to those in this forum. I applied for two jobs through Monster.com. Both offers were tied to AppleOne. ONE of the offers was actually an Account Executive position AT AppleOne! I filled out the online information, scheduled an interview, the rep sat at her desk for 45 minutes "day dreaming" before she finally walked up to me and introduced herself. (FYI - I was 15 minutes early per their request)..
Ok, so we walk over to her desk and LITERALLY talk for 10 minutes. She thanked me for coming in and asked me if I would be interested in a 2 day DATA ENTRY JOB. I did NOT sign up for TEMP work and I did NOT sign up for Data Entry (that is my fall back job, I could get those by myself!)..
A month goes by and I still don't hear anything about either job I applied for. I email HER. She replies, "OH, I was just going to call you, we're going to set up an interview for you for the position here at AppleOne".. Another WEEK goes by.. I email her again, she replies:
"Oh, I was just going to email you, we decided to offer the job to someone else."
DID THEY EVEN INTERVIEW ANYONE???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Daryl in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

They "Gotcha" !!

I'm sorry Cheri, but I have been around & around with AppleOne and they are the pits! They never call you...even if your a dead-ringer for the supposed position.

My questions is.... WHAT DO THEY DO ??

Austin, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret in Sparks, Nevada

89 months ago

About 10 years ago, I never had a problem getting a job through a staffing agency. Yet, after going through all the hoops of AppleOne, Robert Half aka Office Team, I have yet to receive a call. Though A1 did set me up with a $11/hr "data entry" position which was not data entry at all. Though, this was after she said she would send my resume over and 3 weeks later I emailed her and suddenly the company wanted to see me. She sent over nothing...

Sadly, I just wasted my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

OMG! OFFICE TEAM! That's another one! I applied for a "staffing consultant" position they had available AT Office Team. I am currently a Supervisor for a company who recently downsized and will be without a job on March 30, AFTER 7 years! Ok, Office Team calls me at work to get a job reference from an EX sales rep (not a good employee, by the way).. They gave the job to HER! Then.. SHE had the nerve to call me and condescendingly let me know that with my skills she could get me and Administrative Assistant job. I did NOT call her back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

LATEST DEVELOPMENT - I saw the same posting on AppleOne's website "Account Executive" FOR AppleOne. SO.. I email the person, a different rep, and asked her if the position was still available. HER REPLY??
Yes, are you registered with AppleOne?

NOW I'M STEAMING! >:O{

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lita S in New York, New York

89 months ago

I finally started getting calls for interviews when I stopped using those stupid agencies. Either contact reputable (ask around) recruiting firms in your industry or apply to companies directly.

-Lita

Displaced Legal Professional said: These outfits are all a waste of time. I cannot believe that employment as a whole has become such big business and such a predatory industry.
Headhunters and bogus recruiters are liars and hucksters. In addition to the experiences everyone has related, they web-crawl job boards and blast dozens of bogus e-mails. They feign excitement about your resume and how they want to see YOU. They lie when they say they've read resumes. Proof of that is they want your resume for "jobs" for which you are not even remotely qualified. It is absurd.
Headhunters prey on desperate people. Too bad these sleazeballs cannot be regulated and/or dealt with under fraud or consumer protection laws.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Daryl in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

Dear "Displaced"

That's what really irks me -- is that these so-called professional agencies have no governing rules nor regulations and there should be some in place for the very point you mentioned -- Fraud or Consumer Protection Law.

I took agree with applying to employers directly without the "middle man"... maybe the employers should be aware of the practices these "agencies" utilize to "hook" people in and put them in a holding pen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lita S in New York, New York

89 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional said: Lita S: "[A]pply to companies directly."
Yeah!!!
IMHO, there is no such thing as a reputable headhunter or reputable agency.

Displaced:

Are you a paralegal or an attorney? I used to work as a paralegal and was able to land a job without having to go through an agency. I think you could benefit from calling up companies directly, and from joining your local association of legal professionals. They often have their own job listings and you will be able to meet people who can help you in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee

88 months ago

You know what I'm sick of? Using search engines to find jobs (like this one, Monster, CareerBuilder) and about 40% of the ads are tied to employment agencies. They are a COMPLETE waste of time and just get in the way of you trying to find a DIRECT HIRE job. I wish they weren't allowed to post to these boards since the majority of their ads are fake - and just look at ALL the negative comments.

"OH, OH! APPLE ONE RECRUITING FOR AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - JOB PAYS $50K A YEAR!" Wanna know the fine print? You're their employee for 1,000 hours (6 months) and they are going to pay you $12/hr and bill the client $30. After your time is up the company doesn't have to hire you. A more realistic, honest listing would be "OH OH! APPLE ONE RECRUITING FOR AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - JOB PAYS $25K A YEAR!" And THAT'S the TRUTH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in Fremont, California

88 months ago

JIMI - I totally agree with you! I just had yet ANOTHER annoying experience with AppleOne. Ok, remember, I'm already a client of AppleOne and they know I want a Direct to Hire position AND it must match my qualifications. I grew tired of their "run around" so I re-posted my application on Monster. I just received an email FROM AppleOne asking me if I want temporary, part-time work, as a Data Entry person. E-FREAKIN'-GAD!! My resume states "Goal Breaking Supervisor"... Where in that title does it say "Data entry position desired?"..

WHAT EVER!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ugh! in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Wow, glad to know it's not just me. I got laid off from my job, and since have signed up for a number of temp agencies. I've used temp agencies in the past (6 or 7 years ago or so) with a decent amount of success. I even was placed in a full-time position from one. But now, I can't seem to to get ANYTHING. I just keep calling and calling about jobs, while I at the same time I see these same agencies post online ads stating they have "jobs available NOW!"Uh, huh, sure they do. I just don't get it. what's changed so much over the past few years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GH

88 months ago

You are so right. What all these lame companies do is get your critical info. and they meet their quota. Don't worry, you and I will never be important and there is no job waiting, as they advertise.

They have reached the sickest realm of, I found your resume, you are so qualified, I even have a personal interview set up. You go to their nice office and find you have a ton of very personal paperwork to fill out and the receptionist can't help you and the stupid recruiter is running late, 30 minutes.

They say, Let met call you tomorrow morning with the details, meaning the interview time and location if your lucky.

Discusting that the Manager Recruiter can't even tell the truth, when I call the employer and He never heard of me much less has ever seen my Resume.

I called this dump hole back and told them what I discovered, she was rude and hung up on me. I called back and demanded all my personal paperwork be mailed to me ASAP. It never happened. I am driving down to their office for my ppwk and to speak to the so called person in charge of the Head Recruiter.

DON'T DO IT, WHO KNOWS WHO THEY GIVE YOUR SACRED INFO TO, WHEN THEY PROMISE IT IS CONFIDENTIAL. :(

Let us change seats. What a sad time we live in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in San Lorenzo, California

88 months ago

OMG.. I JUST went to AppleONE and LOOK what I see.. YES, the same position I applied for TWICE in the past 2 months. Both times... Oh, it's been filled. WELL, here it is again!
THAT'S IT! I'm going to AppleOne tomorrow to retrieve ALL my personal information and I hope they rot.

Job Title: Account Executive
Broad Job Category: Sales/Marketing
Specific Job Category: Inside
Salary: $0 - $100
Job Description: Work for a company that was voted as one of the Best Places To Work in the Bay Area in 2006. AppleOne Employment Services is currently looking for an additional team player to join our NEW dynamic Santa Rosa office. Seeking a staffing consultant to develop client relationships to obtain job placement for applicants, interview, reference checking, and match applicants to open positions in Sonoma, Napa and Marin Counties. The sky is the limit in terms of growth potential! Lots of recognition, and an aggressive commission package for a professional that is goal oriented and money motivated! Put those great organizational and multi-taking skills to good use TODAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Do You really Know? in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

I've used a number of staffing agencies and have had success, however I know that a staffing agency is to be used as a resource NOT as a substitute for getting your own self out there to find a job...if an agency doesn't contact me I don't sit there and complain about how they didn't call me or respond to me because I am smart enough to know that they may not be able to find me something...agencies have helped me out a lot but I don't rely on them and it sounds like all of you complainers have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in Oakland, California

88 months ago

To: "Do you really know"
Go tell your crappy, attitude filled, comments to someone that cares! Do you work for AppleOne or something?

I am not and will never "just rely" on staffing agencies. The problem with that is this:
If you join a staffing agency they FROWN on you looking for jobs on your own. The interviews I have had, in the past 3 months, are with companies I found on my own.

Preconceived prejudices and opinions are NOT and NEVER will be motivating to those who are serious about finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in Oakland, California

88 months ago

"Displaced Legal Professional"

HEY, I LOVE conspiracy theories!! :) I like the one your wife has come up with! I never thought of that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CWG in Cheyenne, Wyoming

88 months ago

Yikes! Thanks to all of you. After entering the world of job searching due to relocating to Colorado. I have been stunned with the "employment agencies" approach. What bothers me the most is that we are all educated enough to bypass the work at home, commission only training scams; when you see an agency on America's Job Bank it lends credibility to the agency. I ended up here after researching Apple one due to numerous job posts from them ( and other employment agencies)...seems like they are wasting alot of people's time and millions of our tax dollars..yes it is federally funded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

88 months ago

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee said: You know what I'm sick of? Using search engines to find jobs (like this one, Monster, CareerBuilder) and about 40% of the ads are tied to employment agencies. They are a COMPLETE waste of time and just get in the way of you trying to find a DIRECT HIRE job. I wish they weren't allowed to post to these boards since the majority of their ads are fake - and just look at ALL the negative comments. "OH, OH! APPLE ONE RECRUITING FOR AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - JOB PAYS $50K A YEAR!" Wanna know the fine print? You're their employee for 1,000 hours (6 months) and they are going to pay you $12/hr and bill the client $30. After your time is up the company doesn't have to hire you. A more realistic, honest listing would be "OH OH! APPLE ONE RECRUITING FOR AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - JOB PAYS $25K A YEAR!" And THAT'S the TRUTH.
Your wish has been granted. There is a feature in the advanced search options which "excludes staffing agencies". Just check that box and that search should be only for direct employers. Also on the left of the search results page there is a refine by option to exclude recruiters that you can do at any time. Just click on the employer option under Employer/Recruiter. I hope this makes you job search easier! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jotaro in Central District, Hong Kong

87 months ago

Remember, employment agency is a business and their 'clients' are those corporate businesses, not job seekers. Their focus is to serve their clients, and job seekers are not their clients. They put so much effort in making their database look like they got so many candidates to choose from so that their client would deal with them for possible candidates. without a good database, no clients would deal with them and these employment agencies wouldn't be able to help you anyway. It's sort of a vicious cycle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fellow disgruntled in Ohio in Worthington, Ohio

87 months ago

anon in Houston, Texas said: I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

You know it's not much better up here in Columbus. I've been offered positions from temp agencies that normally paid out 10-30k more a year than what they were offering. For example one offer paid no better than a data entry position I had 7 years, yet they wanted me to be a sales/marketing manager/liason/project coordinator. Unreal! I sincerely hope this trend is simply an economic job market slump not related to the international outsourcing, or at least I'd like to think so.

Good Luck on the job search!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

janet in rolla missouri in Farmersburg, Indiana

87 months ago

Rebecca in Folsom in San Lorenzo, California said: I have a temp reporting to me from Apple One right now. Prior to starting with us, she worked in the Apple One office and told me how they put fake ads in the papers and online to lure people in to fill their stables. I believe her, because when I moved up here I had a heck of a time finding a job and coming from the Bay Area making 70k a year in management positions, I wasn't about to work for $10 an hour, which is what they offered me after I called them over and over. For crying out loud, I was making more $$ on unemployment!
Stay Away

You know, I can't say for anyone else, but I get the feeling that many here don't want to work unless they are making 6 figures. I would just love to make a decent living so that I don't have to use state or federal aid. Right now, temp positions are all I can find. And I agree with the problem with temp agencies. I've had good and bad luck with them. Different ones do different things. I worked for Kelley and they were very good. I worked medical and secretrial with them. Right now, it's Express Personnel(because I live in a different city). $10/hr here is a gold mine...even for those who have a lot of education or skills. I mean no disrespect to anyone here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

janet in rolla missouri in Farmersburg, Indiana

87 months ago

Cam in Orlando, Florida said: May God bless you all, to find good work that fits your talents.

Thank you for the information regarding this agency and others. It will help me stay focused. I'm happy to hear sane voices in the workplace. Write to the corporate heads and our legislators for change. Overcome the evil with good.

Amen to this one....I try to be a good,have a good work ethic, moral, honest, dependent, trustworthy, and a few other good characteristics. However, employers are not looking for these things anymore. What are they looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Fremont, California

87 months ago

None taken. I worked VERY hard to earn the 70k I was getting in the Bay Area. To move only 100 miles away and be offered nothing more than receptionist or menial labor jobs that paid $10 an hour was a hard pill to swallow. I've since moved back to the Bay Area and am working as a contractor for a start up making what I made when I left almost 3 years ago. I feel like I dropped off the planet and am barely picking up from where I left off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in San Leandro, California

87 months ago

Ok, update on my local AppleOne. First, let me tell you I received a call from an AppleOne staffing consultant in Sacramento. She wanted a reference for one of my friends. I told her exactly what I thought about my local branch and the way I was treated. She asked me to email her my resume and she was going to forward it to the local branch manager to find out why I am being ignored. Now, remember, I signed up in the beginning of February. I have not heard from my A/E since March 13th. I emailed her last night and the email bounced back to me saying it did not exist. Well, she is still employed because I found her on the website. I found my own job. YAY!! So, there is hope, there is a light at the end of this tunnel called UNEMPLOYMENT! It could be worse. You could be in the same boat as me and 2 of my friends. We ALL have not received our first unemployment check and we lost our jobs almost 3 months ago!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.