Anyone out there working in an Aramark Hospital?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

RD in Missouri in Warrensburg, Missouri

74 months ago

Hi,
A recruiter called me about a job as a registered dietitian at one of their hospitals. I've heard nothing but negative things about this company, but I haven't heard from anyone working in one of their hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dietitian in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

74 months ago

Just be careful. In a bad situation in North Carolina. To me, their is little corporate support especially clinical. Don't get sucked in to being a patient service manager as RD. Told lies to get me to the account just to secure the new contract. The food service was poorly run, food bad, Clinical P/P not in place and difficult management to work with. . I am not saying all Aramark is like this, but check out yourself from other local Aramark accounts what the RD's feel about their District DM and Regional RD as far as support. Not to be negative, just my experience. I will chose to avoid Aramark as a result. I would rather work for a company with more integrity and concern for patient care.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RD in Missouri in Warrensburg, Missouri

73 months ago

Dear Dietitian in North Carolina,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. You confirmed what I already suspected. I don't trust this company and I won't bother to apply for a job. I was actually contacted by one of their recruiters. I guess she saw my resume on Career Builder and said to herself, "I just found a dietitian without a job." "I bet she is desperate enough to work for us!" I've never heard one positive thing about being a dietitian for Aramark. However, I've heard of many RD's who lost their job when Aramark took over. I've also heard that they lay dietitians off if the hospital census drops. This is not a company I want to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

xAramarkemployee in Henry, Illinois

47 months ago

I was recruited by Aramark as well to work in healthcare setting dietary and environmental operations. The transition to Aramark was not very organized and unfortunately the Aramark Recruiters presented the job as solid. Once all of us were hired, we realized the person they chose as the Operations Vice President was not very strong. I was later told that the person was not successful in the last contract (gee, wish someone had told us that earlier!) Long story short, some of the top leaders were let go. It seemed the VP did not take well to strong leadership - seemed it intimidated him. I suggest seeking a better stable company to consider long term employment - not ARamark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.