What's the company culture at Assurant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Assurant?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Assurant?

Reply - Report abuse

Tina in New York, New York

89 months ago

I was fortunate enough to be employed at Assurant in New York and it was a GREAT experience!!! The company culture is simply divine. Everyone is friendly and there are monthly celebrations to celebrate one's birthday/anniversary.
The dress code is business casual, but of course if you want to wear suits that would be acceptable.
When I was there, Kerry Clayton was the President, but now Rob Pollock has replaced him so I'm not sure how much has changed, but overall it is a Wonderful company that encourages a good work/home balance.
The ONLY reason I left was because there wasn't any more room for growth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kmog1969 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

86 months ago

Like some of the other people I saw in comments here I worked in StPete for about a year. This company is all about the bottom line!They put on a big show about how important employees are,they have pot luck lunches and sponser outings that offer discount ticket prices to area activities and sports events but it is a nightmare to work there. It is a call center where repair shops call to get repairs authorized for owners of aftermarket auto warranties.There a a million ways to get out of having to pay! It's a scam that is sold to unsuspecting buyers when they purchase used cars.
The supervisors are overworked and impatient.If you're smarter than they are or know more about cars ,they become afraid of you because you might get their job!They have the power to make you look bad and boy do they use it.They micro manage everyone.They listen to and RECORD all your phone calls and if they don't like what you said,a supervisor gets you aside,plays the call back and "critiques" what you said!They love to play the blame game and point out all the supposed mistakes you make but seldom give praise. Only snakes and snitches survive there! I couldn't get out fast enough! HATED IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lenny Mopar in Brandon, Florida

86 months ago

I see by their ad that ASSurant is hiring again...Can only mean more firings/quitting!!!That's o.k. cause I'm looking for someplace else.
Worked here for two years! WAY TOO LONG!
There is more turn over here than at a fast food place near a High school. The managers are Rah-Rah company men and they don't care about the help,The product is a rip off and it;s all run by people who don't know anything about CARS! Gone from here as soon as I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

1TeamChris in st Pete, Florida

77 months ago

Can you say GESTAPO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.