BAE SYSTEMS News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does BAE SYSTEMS stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

abigail

88 months ago

I WORKED AT BAE FOR 3 DECADES. I KNEW I NEEDED TO WORK EVEN HARDER BECAUSE OF 'AGE' AND DID SO. TOOK ON THE 'SET UP' OF A NEW TEST LAB. WORKED WITH ENGINERRING , OPERATIONS , METROLOGY LAB. MOVED TEST STANDS INPUT AND CREATED DATA BASES FOR NEW LAB. WORKED WITH AND SOURCED SUPPLIERS INPUT ORACLE REGS. CARRIED TEST GEAR TO ENV. LAB. LEARNED NEW IT METHODS. SET UP A 'STOCK ROOM' KITTED PARTS GOT INPUT RIGHTS TO PDM . ON AND ON . WHEN THE LAB. WAS SET UP I WAS LAID OFF .2006 ? . ''YOU DECIDE''....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steven M. in Emeryville, California

87 months ago

abigail said: I WORKED AT BAE FOR 3 DECADES. I KNEW I NEEDED TO WORK EVEN HARDER BECAUSE OF 'AGE' AND DID SO. TOOK ON THE 'SET UP' OF A NEW TEST LAB. WORKED WITH ENGINERRING , OPERATIONS , METROLOGY LAB. MOVED TEST STANDS INPUT AND CREATED DATA BASES FOR NEW LAB. WORKED WITH AND SOURCED SUPPLIERS INPUT ORACLE REGS. CARRIED TEST GEAR TO ENV. LAB. LEARNED NEW IT METHODS. SET UP A 'STOCK ROOM' KITTED PARTS GOT INPUT RIGHTS TO PDM . ON AND ON . WHEN THE LAB. WAS SET UP I WAS LAID OFF .2006 ? . ''YOU DECIDE''....

I just applied for an inventory control position and I'm 60 years old with
relevant experience in the electronics industry, but I may be considered
too old. You have my sympathy. Position is in Santa Clara, CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary G in Chino, California

87 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does BAE SYSTEMS stack up against the competition?

I THINK THERE WILL BE MORE LAYOFFS. DEMANDS FOR THIS MARKET ARE MORE STRINGENT. THEREFORE, COMPETITION IS TOUGHER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymus in Nashua, New Hampshire

87 months ago

abigail said: I WORKED AT BAE FOR 3 DECADES. I KNEW I NEEDED TO WORK EVEN HARDER BECAUSE OF 'AGE' AND DID SO. TOOK ON THE 'SET UP' OF A NEW TEST LAB. WORKED WITH ENGINERRING , OPERATIONS , METROLOGY LAB. MOVED TEST STANDS INPUT AND CREATED DATA BASES FOR NEW LAB. WORKED WITH AND SOURCED SUPPLIERS INPUT ORACLE REGS. CARRIED TEST GEAR TO ENV. LAB. LEARNED NEW IT METHODS. SET UP A 'STOCK ROOM' KITTED PARTS GOT INPUT RIGHTS TO PDM . ON AND ON . WHEN THE LAB. WAS SET UP I WAS LAID OFF .2006 ? . ''YOU DECIDE''....

That is sad...sounds like you gave 110% to them and it was never acknowledged....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

weston-retiredhr in South Orleans, Massachusetts

87 months ago

Anonymus in Nashua, New Hampshire said: That is sad...sounds like you gave 110% to them and it was never acknowledged....

Keep the faith. You will eventually land because someone will appreciate your work ethic and "can do" spirit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

86 months ago

Don't forget that not only are we scrutinized for our age, we can not claim H1-B status; express lane to the for the hiring process.

www.joeshmucksboard.org/cgi-bin/board5.cgi?read=21985

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john harrington in Long Beach, California

79 months ago

I was laid off from GTE 1994.Part of the package to go was full paid medical
with Healthnet.That coverage plan was terminated by Verizon 12/31/07.
They say now I can have United healthcare for me to pay $136.17 each month.
I believe they are in breech.Do I have a coarse of action?
Should I be grateful?
Any advice????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Boxford, Massachusetts

76 months ago

I have an interview with the in-house counsel tomorrow, doing patent work. Any words of wisdom?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Williamsmith40258 in Louisville, Kentucky

67 months ago

BAE as a company is a total embarassment. Their whole relationship with the IAM Union is a laugh because their management people love the IAM because that union treats the company with kid gloves while taking 47 bucks a month out of the pockets of the workers. Meanwhile, expect to get any justice being in the Union. Forget about that.

Lack of standards across the company especially from management. Lies, lies, and more lies. Lies about production, lies about benefits, or employment security. Stay away from this company because they are all about getting dollars to send back to the UK.

Most disorganized company I ever worked for and they couldn't manage their own affairs from top to bottom. No logistics planning to speak of. No true organization. People in management generally as dumb as a box of rocks. Lack of true skill in many areas. 3 supervisors promoted and demoted in 3 months. Where is the management. Where is the organization. And to have some idiot from the city tell us all that these are jobs worth fighting for. Yeah, when they hire people and lay them off every 3 to 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.