Bank of America background check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

jdgosney in Lake Worth, Florida

51 months ago

I just went the entire process of the background check for BOA & was denied... I'm a lic. mortgage broker with finger prints already on file, besides I've never done anything wrong. So I know it's not criminal, or I wouldn't have been able to renew my lic. As far as work history I only became a licensed broker at the end of 2006, I have been a stay at home mom, who cut hair at home, occasionally for most of my adult life. I worked at 3 different mortgage companies. When you are a commission only employee it's hard to remember exact dates of time of employment. I did the best I could with that, because you're not in the office much. Well the back ground check people called with one question about my last employer. She asked if I was fired or quit. I said it was kind of mutual, I haven't been in the office since Dec.,09 because I had no business & we were completely responsible to advertise and self source. I ran out income to do that, so in July, 10 they sent a letter w/a copy of my lic. saying they could no longer hang my lic. due to financial reasons & lack of business. But it wasn't negative in any way, if fact if I got a loan some how they would probably let me do it there. I know my credit is messed up due to a bad loan that had to be modified before I became a broker,and I wasn't even on the mortgage, just my husband. But no bankruptcies or judgements, just some settled & unsettled credit card debt. The recruiter told me they are gonna challenge and I should be hearing from the higher ups @ background check company. What could it be? What should I prepare for or look for before they call? I'm so disappointed...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carey in Burbank, California

51 months ago

Very sorry to hear that. I know that everything that you put in your online application has to be very accurate. Is there any job you didn't disclose? Maybe you have an account with boa and behind on payments? those are two situations i've heard of that came back with unsatisfactory results.

banker1 in Attleboro, Massachusetts

51 months ago

JDGOSNEY-- How far into the process did you get? I ask because I have had 3 interviews already and will have my last one very soon. I have no idea if my background check has been completed. Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TinyJJ in Lake Worth, Florida

51 months ago

It all worked out for me. I don't know what kind of position you are applying for, but for me the background check started after the last interview. I had 3 interviews as well. Everyone is extremely kind! They are a very thorough company, but this is a good thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

banker1 in Attleboro, Massachusetts

51 months ago

That's great, TinyJJ. Congratulations!! I'm applying for a Personal Banker position. I completed the background check form a few months ago but have not heard anything and have my final interview coming up soon. Not sure if they hold out until they end or what.....I'm glad you like your new position.

JAXFL in Jacksonville, Florida

51 months ago

jdgosney in Lake Worth, Florida said: I just went the entire process of the background check for BOA & was denied... I'm a lic. mortgage broker with finger prints already on file, besides I've never done anything wrong. So I know it's not criminal, or I wouldn't have been able to renew my lic. As far as work history I only became a licensed broker at the end of 2006, I have been a stay at home mom, who cut hair at home, occasionally for most of my adult life. I worked at 3 different mortgage companies. When you are a commission only employee it's hard to remember exact dates of time of employment. I did the best I could with that, because you're not in the office much. Well the back ground check people called with one question about my last employer. She asked if I was fired or quit. I said it was kind of mutual, I haven't been in the office since Dec.,09 because I had no business & we were completely responsible to advertise and self source. I ran out income to do that, so in July, 10 they sent a letter w/a copy of my lic. saying they could no longer hang my lic. due to financial reasons & lack of business. But it wasn't negative in any way, if fact if I got a loan some how they would probably let me do it there. I know my credit is messed up due to a bad loan that had to be modified before I became a broker,and I wasn't even on the mortgage, just my husband. But no bankruptcies or judgements, just some settled & unsettled credit card debt. The recruiter told me they are gonna challenge and I should be hearing from the higher ups @ background check company. What could it be? What should I prepare for or look for before they call? I'm so disappointed...

It really depends on what job you are applying for. Some positions require credit check and some don't. If it didn't have to do with that then it probably had to do with your last jobs. If you or your employer said you were fired, then they deny you. You must also put down the correct dates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GonoJet in Burbank, Illinois

27 months ago

If you omit something even if you worked there 2 weeks do they penalize you?

GonoJet in Burbank, Illinois

27 months ago

TinyJJ in Lake Worth, Florida said: It all worked out for me. I don't know what kind of position you are applying for, but for me the background check started after the last interview. I had 3 interviews as well. Everyone is extremely kind! They are a very thorough company, but this is a good thing.

What did you apply for? I am applying for bank manager an didn't put a job that I had for just 2 weeks wondering is that gonna hurt me

pollyshoresfriend in Lancaster, California

25 months ago

i know im late but i just recently got hired, and i remember reading that if you have a brokers, or mortgage, or Realtor license then you cant work for bank of america, i cant remember why, as it didnt apply to me, but i do remember reading that. but i hope that helps you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.