Terminated then after investigation eligible for re-hire

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

hopeful2011 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

43 months ago

marjorie2011 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I was recently terminated from Bank of America and opened up a case with Advice and Counsel because I felt I was wrongfully terminated. Months after the termination, the investigation has showed that I was wrongfully terminated and the manager who fired me on false terms (lied about an associate's health condition to make it look like I put that associate's life at risk) has now been terminated. BOA has informed me that they are now highly considering #1. Making me eligible for re-hire and #2. Offering the position back to me.

I was heartbroken and suffered incredible amounts of defamation of character from this termination and am hesitant to work for the company again, however, after being unemployed for months and now have no more savings I am considering the offer. However, I am curious if I would be able to #1 receive back pay and #2 Ask for financial compensation for the time off work, the debt that it put me in and the emotional damage I had to suffer for the termination that followed not even 2 months after the sudden death of my father.

I cannot afford an attorney right now but am worried I may need legal assistance in order to be taken care of properly.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any advice?

Hi Marjorie, I feel that I was wrongfully terminated as well. I called advice and Counsel right after it happend and was told that they were researching it and it would take a "Few days" and they would get back to me however they have not gotten back to me. what would your advice be to me? I am so glad you got to be able to show "eligible for re-hire" and can work there again. I just want to show eligible for re-hire and be able to move on I was there 16 years! New management came in and that no one would listen to me. Please let me know...I was terminated a week ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

hopeful2011 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

43 months ago

Hi Marjorie, I feel that I was wrongfully terminated as well. I called advice and counsel right after it happend and was told that they were researching it and it would take a "Few days" and they would get back to me. However they have not gotten back to me yet. What would your advice be to me? I am so glad you are eligible for re-hire again and can work there again. I just want to show eligible for re-hire and be able to move on. I was there 16 years! New management came in and no one would listen to me. Please let me know. I was terminated a week ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BJ in Tempe, Arizona

42 months ago

Hi Hopeful and Marjorie, I was also faced with the same issue. Please mssg me....maybe something can be done about this matter. I believe mine was based simply on discrimination and I am not going to take it laying down!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sammy in Antioch, Tennessee

35 months ago

BJ in Tempe, Arizona said: Hi Hopeful and Marjorie, I was also faced with the same issue. Please mssg me....maybe something can be done about this matter. I believe mine was based simply on discrimination and I am not going to take it laying down!

If you are going to do somthing plz let me know cuz same story have happend to me in 2007 and i want to join you guys if u are to sue!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Abused in Carol Stream, Illinois

33 months ago

I definitely would like to join a class action suit. I for one was va good employee. I resigned and they decided to expedite my resignation. I'm REALLY pissed. I loved my job but my manager was impossible. He started a few months ago and did nothing but insult me and try to make my life miserable. I'm emotionally scarred. I cried every day and night after he started to make me feel terrible. That is just not right. I for one say lets all get together and do something. It doesnt hurt to try!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jonco1977@gmail.com in Jacksonville, Florida

30 months ago

Mary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: My CMM make my live impossible for 9 month before, out of no where, he called me to the office and fire me. I used to love working at BOA when Lewis was there, but now....... there is no respect of people's opinions. Little advice if you work there or you are going to work there DO NOT BELIEVE the 360% degree coaching!!! Is not true, just keep your mouth shut, and stay way under the radar...................that's how you survive the BOA culture this days.

I was terminated on 4/27/12 with no warning, cmm and branch mgr stated I opened a business acct incorrectly and not funded 3 new accounts, I was not aware of this at all, and did not know either it was considered a code of ethics violation, I have consulted with 2 attorneys and because I am in Fl I have no case, help please....and unemployment may be declined, not fair and very mean
J

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angry in Bear, Delaware

29 months ago

Abused in Carol Stream, Illinois said: I definitely would like to join a class action suit. I for one was va good employee. I resigned and they decided to expedite my resignation. I'm REALLY pissed. I loved my job but my manager was impossible. He started a few months ago and did nothing but insult me and try to make my life miserable. I'm emotionally scarred. I cried every day and night after he started to make me feel terrible. That is just not right. I for one say lets all get together and do something. It doesnt hurt to try!!!

Please contact me, as this just happened to me this month. ( June 2012)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angry in Bear, Delaware

29 months ago

jonco1977@gmail.com in Jacksonville, Florida said: I was terminated on 4/27/12 with no warning, cmm and branch mgr stated I opened a business acct incorrectly and not funded 3 new accounts, I was not aware of this at all, and did not know either it was considered a code of ethics violation, I have consulted with 2 attorneys and because I am in Fl I have no case, help please....and unemployment may be declined, not fair and very mean
J

Please contact me as this just happened to me (june2012)

Angry in Bear, Delaware

29 months ago

Seems like they are firing people with tenure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angry in Bear, Delaware

29 months ago

Abused in Carol Stream, Illinois said: I definitely would like to join a class action suit. I for one was va good employee. I resigned and they decided to expedite my resignation. I'm REALLY pissed. I loved my job but my manager was impossible. He started a few months ago and did nothing but insult me and try to make my life miserable. I'm emotionally scarred. I cried every day and night after he started to make me feel terrible. That is just not right. I for one say lets all get together and do something. It doesnt hurt to try!!!

Please contact me as this just happened to me.

Patty Sunshine in Columbia, Tennessee

16 months ago

It sounds like BOA is firing everyone. I got fired Aug. 17 2012 for borrowing money from a coworker. I borrow 50.00 and the manger over heard the coworker that I borrowed the money from tell another coworker that I owed her money. I know that it state you can't borrow money. But on certain reasons such as for lunch and no interest is added. I've been working for BOA for 11 and half years. I do not see where it states that grounds for termanation. They discharged me I got my unemployement and on the the unemployement there was no reason why they discharge me. I''m now getting retiree benefits so did I get fired or am I retired. I'm so upset depressed and my life style has went down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

spooner2268

13 months ago

Hi Hopeful,
This is what you NEED A EMPLOYMENT LAWYER if you feel it was discrimination, and I don't know you but would be pissed off if you did not seek legal advice about this issue.

BJ in Tempe, Arizona said: Hi Hopeful and Marjorie, I was also faced with the same issue. Please mssg me....maybe something can be done about this matter. I believe mine was based simply on discrimination and I am not going to take it laying down!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.