Bank of America Role Play and Phone Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ciccina in Elmont, New York

82 months ago

Hi - I am currently applying for Manager/Assistant Branch Manager in New York. I have successfully completed the assessment and the necessary background, employment and education documentation. I was wondering if someone has the answers to the following questions:

- What exactly can I expect and/or prepare for in regards to a Role play? My Recruiter will be playing the part of Lee Radley.

- What exactly can I expect and/or prepare for in regards to my phone interview with a recruiter?

Any information is extremely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

j mancuso in Commerce Township, Michigan

82 months ago

how did you find the assessment to be. complex or a peice of cake. i will be taking the test later this week. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ciccina in New Hyde Park, New York

82 months ago

Hi - I can not say the assessment was easy or hard. You have to think as a member of management when answering each question. Read each question slow and take your time answering. Some questions are tricky. There is no right answer when taking an assessment test but there is a specific mind set that they are seeking. The best advice I can give you is to answer each question as honest as possible while always keeping a "corporate objective" in mind!!! Good Luck!!! Let me know how you do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Redsox 77 in Centerville, Massachusetts

82 months ago

I was wondering if u completed your role play interview? Can u tell me what u had 2 do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Hi - They gave me 45 minutes to prepare for my role play. I had to play the role of a newly transferred manager who needed to conduct a meeting with a long time personal banker, who according to previous management and my boss, was all of a sudden delivering bad customer service, receiving customer complaint letters and her sales performance needed improvement. I documented some notes as I read the details of each character and at the end put a script together. It was not as bad as a thought. My HR representative was great. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. Good Luck!!! Let me know how you do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Can anyone advise me with what to expect or what to do during a panel interview with CME and CMM?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Ciccina in New Hyde Park, New York said: Hi - They gave me 45 minutes to prepare for my role play. I had to play the role of a newly transferred manager who needed to conduct a meeting with a long time personal banker, who according to previous management and my boss, was all of a sudden delivering bad customer service, receiving customer complaint letters and her sales performance needed improvement. I documented some notes as I read the details of each character and at the end put a script together. It was not as bad as a thought. My HR representative was great. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. Good Luck!!! Let me know how you do.

Ty so much for the quick response! I wanted to know if they asked u to fire the personal banker or just create a plan to get them back on the right track. I have never worked for a bank before but everything seems very solid. What is the next step after the role play? It seems to be a very long interview process. Do you have any idea on salary too? Ty for letting me pick your brain I have alot of questions :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

No problem....ask away. To be honest with you this personal banker handled each customer the appropriate way so she really did not do anything wrong. Make sure you get the facts, listen to your personal banker, let her know she did the right thing and that you will contact the customer explaining her actions. Once we completed the role play my recruiter asked me a few questions regarding responsibility at my previous employment. It was a "comfortable non-interview" like conversation. Unfortunately they were experiencing computer problems that day so she could not verify that security complete a background check on me. Once that is completed I will have to interview with 2 or 3 more corporate people (CME's and CMM's - I think that's what they call them. I may have to even go through a panel interview.....I'm a little nervous about that. BOA's hiring process is definitely long and tough but completely understandable. If you think of anything else please feel free to ask. I read my email daily. Talk to you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

To be honest with you my last contact with them was the day of the roleplay; February 25. As per my HR rep she said I conducted the roleplay extremely well. She left off with me that I should expect a call within the next 2 weeks. I think BOA recruiting/hiring process is very slow. Please let me know when they contact you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Cicciana that sux that u have not heard back yet!!! I have my role play tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Any more suggestions and detail would be so greatfully appreciated!

81 months ago

LanderX in Redmond, Washington said: Wow. Feb 25 and nothing yet? We are in the same boat! I cannot believe I met my counterpart on the other side of the U.S.! :) I had my interview on 02/29/08 and my recruiter also said that my interview and roleplay went extremely well! She also said I scored an 87 on the online assesment which was the highest they have ever seen. Well I am going to wait until next week and then I will email her. What do you think is a good time to wait before reastablishing contact?

I didn't personally apply to BOA; I was recruited. Also, do to personal needs, convenience is extremely important to me and unfortunately there are no openings in my area as of the moment. That might also be a reason why the hiring process is taking longer. I am going to wait until Monday. If I do not hear from her I am going to call her on Tuesday. If I were you I would do the same. Let me know if you hear anything.

81 months ago

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!! Let me know how it goes. Do you know if they are doing to "panel" interview?

AME in Clinton Twp, Michigan

81 months ago

Hi Guys. Over the Past few weeks I have read your blogs but havent been contributing my thoughts and opinions... So.. I guess its only fair to give you guys my insight to the whole B of A process. I have had two one-hour phone interviews, taken the required assessments, passed, and the last thing I did was the role-play on 03/03/2008. I havent heard from them since. I called the HR rep on 03/05/08 and left a message inquiring on my status or some sort of feedback...but haven't heard anything since. I must say that the interview process is quite grueling compared to that of other financial institutions.I understand the problem with retention but come on man WTF are we applying for a job with NASA..lol...anyways if you guys need anything let me know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Menessa in Kingsland, Georgia

81 months ago

I have a question for anyone. I had the role play interview with BOA today. I think I did alright even though I wish I had went more into details about Lee Radley could have increased her sales. Do anyone think that BOA places high empahsis on the role play interview. For the ones who have began their career as an assistant manager, could you provide input on the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Lander X,

Yeah I answer and commented on sales, fee increase, comment card and comments made by previous manager and even offered solutions to staight out the problems. I was however was thrown a little because my solution was to send the personal banker to a class that started in the next month which I should have said we need to take care of the issue now with me coaching her (I knew this because I do this in my current job). However, I forgot to mention training now even though I did suggest for me and the personal banker to meet weekly and I left on a positive note. I introduced myself in the beginning. The recruiter really just pointed out the severity of training now but really didnt say if I did bad or good. She did however say that I would meet with the marketing managers in which she would set up later on within a week. The hiring process is long with BOA. Lander X how do you like your job since you have started. I've heard that BOA is a good company and the advancement opportunities are great which is what I'm looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LanderX in Seattle, Washington

81 months ago

Menessa in Kingsland, Georgia said: Lander X,

Yeah I answer and commented on sales, fee increase, comment card and comments made by previous manager and even offered solutions to staight out the problems. I was however was thrown a little because my solution was to send the personal banker to a class that started in the next month which I should have said we need to take care of the issue now with me coaching her (I knew this because I do this in my current job). However, I forgot to mention training now even though I did suggest for me and the personal banker to meet weekly and I left on a positive note. I introduced myself in the beginning. The recruiter really just pointed out the severity of training now but really didnt say if I did bad or good. She did however say that I would meet with the marketing managers in which she would set up later on within a week. The hiring process is long with BOA. Lander X how do you like your job since you have started. I've heard that BOA is a good company and the advancement opportunities are great which is what I'm looking for.

I haven't started yet, after the final interview then they extend an offer (hopefully) and then they schedule you to come in and do orientation first. So I can't comment yet on how it is to work there but it is a very good sign that the recruiter told you that she will set up another interview, that means you did good enough. Now its time to impress another person :)

Aria in Paeki, Minnesota

81 months ago

Hi all,

I have been listening to all your precious inputs regarding Role Playing...
Just wondering if I can be directed to any web resource to prepare for Role Playing as I have my assessment next week. Like to know some kind of guidline for Role Playing situations...

I really appreciate that.

Thanks.

Fersixx in Pompano Beach, Florida

80 months ago

Redsox 77 in Centerville, Massachusetts said: Cicciana that sux that u have not heard back yet!!! I have my role play tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Any more suggestions and detail would be so greatfully appreciated!

Hi. I read your comments about the Bank of America role-play. Could you please give me some valuable info. Mine is tomorrow and it would be great to know what to expect...

What did you have to do at your role-play?

80 months ago

You have to really think as a manager when giving advice to the personal banker. On the role play they are definetely testing your management skills to see if you have what it takes to lead and motivate your staff to achieve the goals of the bank. You will have 45 minutes to read the role play and then come up with a solution to solve the problem. After this time you will act out the role as if you are the manager. Hope this help-let me know how it went with you.

80 months ago

LanderX in Seattle, Washington said: I haven't started yet, after the final interview then they extend an offer (hopefully) and then they schedule you to come in and do orientation first. So I can't comment yet on how it is to work there but it is a very good sign that the recruiter told you that she will set up another interview, that means you did good enough. Now its time to impress another person :)

LanderX,

How was the panel interview? What kind of questions did they ask? I would really appreciate your comments and information!

Thank you

Fersixx.

80 months ago

Menessa in Kingsland, Georgia said: You have to really think as a manager when giving advice to the personal banker. On the role play they are definetely testing your management skills to see if you have what it takes to lead and motivate your staff to achieve the goals of the bank. You will have 45 minutes to read the role play and then come up with a solution to solve the problem. After this time you will act out the role as if you are the manager. Hope this help-let me know how it went with you.

Thank you for your information Menessa. I appreciate the help. My role-play went well. For a minute I got distracted but went back to it and made my recommendations for a prompt training and implementation. My recruiter told me that I should be hearing from her for a "panel interview". Have you done this already? How was it?

80 months ago

I just met with a Marketing Manager this week. It took awhile to meet with someone after doing my role play. I was told it would be with a panel group but it ended up being with only one person who was a Marketing Manager. I think the interview went well. He told me I should hear something by the end of the week. As of the end Friday, I hadn't heard back so I'm still waiting. The hiring process at BOA is very long.

fersixx in Pompano Beach, Florida

80 months ago

Wow! I know, it seems to be long but worth it. Could you please share what kind of information did the market manager covered? What kind of questions did he ask? Thank you once again and I look forward to your valuable information. You can also write me directly at:
fersixx@gmail.com

Fer.

100krecruiter in Marietta, Georgia

80 months ago

Menessa in Kingsland, Georgia said: I just met with a Marketing Manager this week. It took awhile to meet with someone after doing my role play. I was told it would be with a panel group but it ended up being with only one person who was a Marketing Manager. I think the interview went well. He told me I should hear something by the end of the week. As of the end Friday, I hadn't heard back so I'm still waiting. The hiring process at BOA is very long.

I have been reading the topics surrounding this company. It seems like there is alot of disgruntled persons looking for a different avenue, different environment, maybe one that delivers instead of empty promises. I am willing to help you with different opportunities that would seriously help the members of this board. Please feel free to email me your resume at 100krecruiter@gmail.com at which time I will review it and find a fit that might interest you. The sooner you send it to me the faster things can change.......hopefully dramatically. Last but not least, I am based in Marietta but I operate within all 50 states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lorena_G in Wilton, Connecticut

80 months ago

Menessa, can you share some of the questions the mktg mngr asked you? Your input has been awesome! Thanks :)

Fatima Sunderland in delanson, New York

80 months ago

Ciccina in Elmont, New York said: Hi - I am currently applying for Manager/Assistant Branch Manager in New York. I have successfully completed the assessment and the necessary background, employment and education documentation. I was wondering if someone has the answers to the following questions:

- What exactly can I expect and/or prepare for in regards to a Role play? My Recruiter will be playing the part of Lee Radley.

- What exactly can I expect and/or prepare for in regards to my phone interview with a recruiter?

Any information is extremely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

hello,

My name is Fatima, i would like information about this, because i would like to make application for manager in BofA, could you tell me what did you before? do you have PMP certificate? thank you, you can replay me: martinsfatima@hotmail.com
fatima

Ria in Hollywood, Florida

79 months ago

I have my personal banker phone interview with the recruiter in two days. Could anyone tell me what kind of questions should I expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Eastin in Kansas City, Missouri

78 months ago

I am interviewing with BOA for a Banking Center Mgr and was wondering if anyone has had to do the role play as part of the interview process...If so, can anyone tell me what to expect?

Stukrin Lee in Tampa, Florida

78 months ago

Hello,

The role play on Lee Bradley is conducted to assess coaching style... Lee's file includes letters of complaints, previous year's performance, current year's performance... then we contrast looking for trends .... the goal is to have a lifting conversation, inspiring trust and recognising that the associate has been very consistent prior.... the key is to probe for answers to the cause of the change then any recommendation must be a "joint" decision, that's how each issue is addressed ... At the end you recap with Bradley getting his "buy-in" (it doesn't hurt to get his buy-in as each issue is addressed) ... It is very nerve racking but remember these HR rep expects us to be nervous.. If you need a breath take time to calmly compose yourself and make sure to build that rapport with Lee.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Notabanker101 in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

Apparently, I'm just not cut out for banking anymore after 20 years. It seems to me that the Manager is the scapegoat for mindless employees and overly demanding Regional/District managers. Regardless of how you attempt to work with your employees, you are just like a corporal in the army. You get the blame for employees who don't want to work-you're not motivating them or you didn't hire the right person. So you attempt to coach them to the bank's standards and the employees cry that you'r too hard even though you're promoting the bank's standards-so you put them on notice-they still don't do what they should be doing-you terminate them-you are still the bad guy because now you didn't "retain" & train the right employees. You're d****d if you do and d****d if you don't. Why on earth would a 6 year employee like Lee Bradley not know what her scores/results were? Why would she think that ignoring customers so she could make unsuccessful phone calls is acceptable? How could Lee not know the difference between a definite closed sale versus simple rapport building? I believe managers catch h*** and are not paid enough to catch it. A ridiculous amount of work is expected from them-work every Saturday? Yeah, I don't have a life. Nope. Banking is just not for me anymore. Its just not worth it. This whole interview process is simply a test of the power that HR has over the hiring process. For every manager BOA is hiring, they're firing 1-2. Good luck to all of you who desire a career with that rat's nest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Eastin in Kansas City, Missouri

78 months ago

How long were you a banking center manager?

76 months ago

8 years too long! The corporate world is very frustrating as a low level manager. You are trapped. You have the sh## flow from above telling you to keep bank standards high, introduce new products & sales tactics, while the majority of the people below you don't want to work. You attempt to help them by training them, show coaching them, etc, and as a last resort, threaten them with being fired, but they don't seem to care. They know you are trapped and refuse to budge. I am very bitter about the banking experience and I doubt if I'll ever be able to work at another one again.

Davis davis in Norman, Oklahoma

75 months ago

Ciccina in New Hyde Park, New York said: Hi - They gave me 45 minutes to prepare for my role play. I had to play the role of a newly transferred manager who needed to conduct a meeting with a long time personal banker, who according to previous management and my boss, was all of a sudden delivering bad customer service, receiving customer complaint letters and her sales performance needed improvement. I documented some notes as I read the details of each character and at the end put a script together. It was not as bad as a thought. My HR representative was great. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. Good Luck!!! Let me know how you do.

I am going to go through the role play next week and would love some more information if you have time to give it to me.

75 months ago

Davis davis in Norman, Oklahoma said: I am going to go through the role play next week and would love some more information if you have time to give it to me.

What did you want to know?

75 months ago

Notabanker101 in Las Vegas, Nevada said: What did you want to know?

I wanted to know the situation that they put you in and asked you to role play. Also are there any tips that might have given you the advantage in getting the position?
Thank you so much for your assistance.

Whiskey in Granite City, Illinois

75 months ago

The role play consists of you being a new banking center manager and you are coaching a personal banker that is currently not performing however performed in prior quarters. I know, role play can be nerve racking however responding to how you would actually coach an associate is critical. Any questions or push back during your role play must be honest. I have to be honest, there are NO tips that I can give you in regards to getting the position with the exception of being yourself and doing what is right for the associate. Bank of America is all about associate satisfaction however holding those accountable for performance and behaviors are also critical. Ask question and ask for the root cause of their lack of performance. Offer solutions and set up an action plan so that they will meet/exceed their sales goals. As a manager candidate your priority is that you ensure your associates are meeting/exceeding their goals as well as your customer satisfation scores are at their highest.

75 months ago

I would just suggest you be very positive with the individual. Immediately indicate that you want to "show coach" his to help them surpass his efforts right now. Don't mention anything negative. Work to build rapport. Be buddies with the individual. Speak highly of the corporation and the fact that they value highly all of their employees. Lay on the BS and you'll get the job!

75 months ago

I am not sure what show coaching is. Maybe I know it by a different name. I have studied a lot of techniques and this one just doesn't come up anywhere. Could you give me a little back ground on it?

75 months ago

Basically, "show coaching" is just what it says. You COACH your team by SHOWing them how its done. So, I want the tellers to sell credit cards. I jump in the window and sell my biscuits off in the hearing and viewing of my tellers. I have coached them HOW to sell by SHOWing them what I want to see them do. Make sense? Its an old NBD Bank/Bank One term.

74 months ago

I just had my role play and did very well on it. My next step is to meet with the marketing sales manager. can you give me any advice on what will be covered and possibly anything that would give me the edge?

74 months ago

My next step is with the Marketing Manager. Please give me some advice. What questions did this person ask and what did you do that you think may have impressed.

74 months ago

Good job!!! I would advise you to go online and view the "about us" section of Bank of America's site. Do some history on your job and the company you want to work for, then make sure to comment on it during the interview. The MM will be interested in what you plan to do once you get into the position. How will you creatively hit your goals? What will you do in case you see you're not meeting them? How soon do you think you can hit your goals?-most companies want to see you hit the goals ASAP-hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

abisshak in Michigan

74 months ago

I just went in yesterday for a group interview with Bank of America. Unfortunately i arrived about 15 minutes late to the interview. I map quested the route i should take but unfortunately map quest sucks,it gave me an exit ramp that does not exist and it also failed to mention about any construction going on. So i missed my exit and just my luck the construction crew decides to close the next 7 or 8 exit ramps down. So i ended up driving an extra 50 miles just to turn around and i was going a 100 mph just hoping i could make it.
I explained what happened to the interviewer and she said if i was 5 more minutes late she would of told me to leave. Through out the interview i listened very carefully and instead of sitting down to sell the item i decided to get up and present in front of every one. I was the only person to ask a question at the end of the interview. and i paid attention to who was speaking instead of looking at the interviewer. SO i would greatly appreciate any feed back about what i should do now. I was contemplating about calling the recruiter that i am working with.

Thank you very much!!

74 months ago

Abisshak-i would send them all handwritten notes. All being whomever it was that interviewed you. Thank them for the time that they took to meet with you and the consideration they showed by excusing your tardiness.

washington5060@bellsouth.net in Charleston, South Carolina

70 months ago

AME in Clinton Twp, Michigan said: Hi Guys. Over the Past few weeks I have read your blogs but havent been contributing my thoughts and opinions... So.. I guess its only fair to give you guys my insight to the whole B of A process. I have had two one-hour phone interviews, taken the required assessments, passed, and the last thing I did was the role-play on 03/03/2008. I havent heard from them since. I called the HR rep on 03/05/08 and left a message inquiring on my status or some sort of feedback...but haven't heard anything since. I must say that the interview process is quite grueling compared to that of other financial institutions.I understand the problem with retention but come on man WTF are we applying for a job with NASA..lol...anyways if you guys need anything let me know...

I am having my role play on Tuesdat 2/10/09 can u give me any info...

70 months ago

Davis davis in Norman, Oklahoma said: I just had my role play and did very well on it. My next step is to meet with the marketing sales manager. can you give me any advice on what will be covered and possibly anything that would give me the edge?

can u give me any info on your role play i go this tuesday 2-10-09

70 months ago

My interviewer said I did a great job except for one area in the beginning but he said that I recovered shortly there after. When you first start the meeting with Lee Bradley ask him about how he is doing and how he has liked his time with the company. Spend a little personal time but professional time before you jump right into the reason you've called the meeting. After he has answered those questions let him know how much he is apreciated by the company and that his hard work has not gone unnoticed. Then state the reason for the meeting and what you would like to cover. Cover one problem at a time and get his feed back from him on what he sees the problem being. Use phrases like (can you help me understand or why do you think this customer felt this way). Give him plenty of time to answer and if he is having a hard time ask probing questions. You want him to figure out a solution that you can both agree to. If you need to, direct or suggest things that have worked for you in the past. Next step is to come to an agreement on what the problem is and what will be done to correct it. Decide on a time when you will both revisit it to discuss the improvement. Then move on to the second reason for the meeting. You will have 30 or 45 min. to study the paper work that will direct you to what the situation is. study it very closely, put the papers in order of evidence and very quickly put together a plan of action for the meeting. In my situation neiter problem was because he had a lack of business ethics or was lazy. I began with the customer complaint which mostly was due to being very busy and company policy. One customer had to wait in line for quit awhile and I suggested that possibly someone could have been updating the waiting customers on the timeline of the wait. Another customer was upset because Lee had given her an 800 number to call instead of giving her the info himself. He also needed to be asked why he refunded a bank charge, which is very

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

important to the bank. These little charges like over draft and other bank charges are the bread and butter of a bank. So ask what it was about this particular customer that made him refund the money. Try not to be accussing but I would ask him to give me his understanding of the policy and why he felt it needed to be refunded this time. The other issue is why his sales and customer openings of savings and checking accounts and loans where down extremely over last yr when he was meeting and even exceeding his goals. He explained that he had been moved into a back office by the bank manager before you to make calls out to customers offering them help in retaining accounts. When these people came in after he had called them they didn't automatically get sent back to him to handle their business. He only got the overflow of what the front lobby workers couldn't handle. So that was pretty obvious fix. At the end of the meeting I asked for any feed back that he might like to offer and let him know that I was always there to support the staff and shoul be approached by him whenever he needed assitance. The thing you need to keep in mind is that the associates happiness is very important to BOA and so is customer support. So really direct your personality in that direction. One more tip. Make sure you get your final interview with the Market Manager early in the day. The reason I feel I didn't get the job was due to the fact that my interview was at 5:30 pm and she fell asleep in the middle of it. Life throws strange events at you sometimes and that definitly was one of them for me. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Menessa in Kingsland, Georgia said: I just met with a Marketing Manager this week. It took awhile to meet with someone after doing my role play. I was told it would be with a panel group but it ended up being with only one person who was a Marketing Manager. I think the interview went well. He told me I should hear something by the end of the week. As of the end Friday, I hadn't heard back so I'm still waiting. The hiring process at BOA is very long.

what kind of questions do they ask. I go tomorrow. Did u get the job

70 months ago

Menessa in Kingsland, Georgia said: Lander X,

did u get the job. can u tell me some info on whenu meant with the marketing manager. what do they ask and how long is it

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.