FBI Fingerprint Panic!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

mes4268

26 months ago

I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight into the criminal background portion of this process. I've passed the ASI and received the Online Portal email etc. I have to go do the FBI fingerprinting now. Here's what's causing me massive amounts of anxiety:

In 1999, I was arrested for allegedly threatening someone in high school (a felony). I was only arrested though, no charge was ever filed with the court for that alleged offense. I was charged with "Disturbing the Peace" however, which is a misdemeanor. I plead "no contest". My concern lies in the fact that when I'm fingerprinted, the FBI will return a result for the felony arrest. God only knows if the FBI will have actually done their job and updated it to reflect the charge was dropped, but I'm going to go on the assumption they haven't updated anything. Will this automatically cause BofA to rescind the offer? Or, will they give me the opportunity to fax them the paperwork I have from the court showing I was only charged with Disturbing the Peace? I saw a post on here from another person wherein she stated the offer will be rescinded for any felony ARREST, regardless of whether or not you were convicted, or the charges were dropped. I have no idea if she is a credible source for that kind of information, but it is still causing me MASSIVE amounts of panic. This is my dream job! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

26 months ago

You have nothing to worry about in regards to the felony charge of threatening someone. They won't see that.

I'm curious as to what you did because usually threatening someone falls under a misdemeanor. (especially if you were in HS)

However, only the toes know for sure.

mes4268

26 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: You have nothing to worry about in regards to the felony charge of threatening someone. They won't see that.

I'm curious as to what you did because usually threatening someone falls under a misdemeanor. (especially if you were in HS)

However, only the toes know for sure.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to answer that. I am fairly certain it does show up when I am fingerprinted. I remember when I got my job with the City, I had to show them the court paperwork showing I was never charged with it. What makes you think they won't be able to see it?

This was in 1999 very shortly after Columbine. Things changed drastically after that incident even though I'm all the way over in California. I was in a high school feud with someone and told them, "You're going to be sorry for that." The deputy assigned to our school arrested me based on that. It was considered a Felony Terrorist Threat, however I suppose one reason it never made it to court was because it was a bit overkill for a fairly typical high school disagreement between teenage males.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.