BOA finger printing and criminal bankground check? Please reply ASAP... I am really stressed out !!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

NewDay12 in Missouri

27 months ago

LiveFree03 thanks for the info!!!! I believe you have nothing to worry about...your recruiter will def be contacting you soon to congratulate you and have the letter all ready for you... :) In regards to my situation, I'm also very optimistic, just cant understand for the life of me why in the world I haven't even had an initial interview with actual managers in the call center...I'll contact my recruiter if i don't hear from her soon to inquire on what's going on...I'll provide you with feedback soon, Thanks again!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida

27 months ago

I would follow up with your recruiter in the next couple of days. Thanks for your support and being optimistic, this has been very nerve wracking!!!!!! All the best to u, as well!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mickey in Mckinney, Texas

27 months ago

I interviewed with BOA on 7/9 after waiting approximately one month after applying with an agency. I was told I had the position on 7/11 (temp to perm) pending fingerprints. That was done on 7/17. My background is clean. Recruiter said BOA would advise her of a start date but didn't know how soon. So frustrating waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NewDay12 in Missouri

27 months ago

Its very frustrating, I haven't even gotten fingerprinted yet, and yet have went this far to get no response from my recriuter, I'm feeling like ''anydayyy now"...& the killer part is that the position will be starting soon....Still applying though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

I totally understand the frustration. I started the process on June 26 and just got my offer letter, I start August 6!!!!! It is a very nerve wracking experience

27 months ago

Nothing I can do but wait. Poured a glass of wine and opened a book!

27 months ago

There is nothing you can do. I was driving myself crazy with this situation and all I can tell you, is the process takes almost a month from start to finish.....If you haven't heard from your recruiter and it has been at least a week, contact them for a follow up(even in email). Enjoy ur glass of wine and book;-)

NewDay12 in Missouri

27 months ago

@LiveFree03, Congrattttt's!!! :) I knew it'd turn out great!!!!

NewDay12 in Missouri

27 months ago

@LiveFree03, did you apply on June 26? I need some hopppe!!! Lol, don't wanna be so tense about the situation....

27 months ago

It was on July 27th, I interviewed with the call center managers. Got a call from my recruiter that night offering me the job. Fingerprinted on the 29th and did the ASI on the 28th. Finally got my offer letter. It is a long process. I totally understand what ur going thru, I was going nuts waiting!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NewDay12 in Missouri

27 months ago

Do you think it'd be a good idea to reapply? I initially applied on June 27, I'm very eager for the position because it not only a job, but a career!!!! What do you think????

27 months ago

That is why I chose B of A. My initial job is pretty low paying, but I know I can advance with the company. I say reapply, what harm can it do!!!!!!! Good luck;-)

mes4268

27 months ago

I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight into the criminal background portion of this process. I've passed the ASI and received the Online Portal email etc. I have to go do the FBI fingerprinting now. Here's what's causing me massive amounts of anxiety:

In 1999 I was arrested for allegedly threatening someone in high school (a felony). I was only arrested though, no charge was ever filed with the court for that alleged offense. I was charged with "Disturbing the Peace" however, which is a misdemeanor. I plead "no contest". My concern lies in the fact that when I'm fingerprinted, the FBI will return a result for the felony arrest. Will this automatically cause BofA to rescind the offer? Or, will they give me the opportunity to fax them the paperwork I have from the court showing I was only charged with Disturbing the Peace? I saw a post on here from another person wherein she stated the offer will be rescinded for any felony ARREST, regardless of whether or not you were convicted or the charges were dropped. I have no idea if she is a credible source for that kind of information, but it is still causing me MASSIVE amounts of panic. This is my dream job! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

27 months ago

Were you fingerprinted and arrested? If so, it WILL come up. If it is a misdemeanor as you state, you will be fine. When you do the ASI with the Recruiter on the phone answer yes, to misdemeanor. I had a similar situation and I faxed all paperwork to the investigator after they called me regarding a charge in 2000 coming up after finger printing. I start work on 8/6/12!!!!!!! It is a very stressful situation and the waiting is the toughest part, took me a month to finally get an offer!!!!!!

27 months ago

I start Monday, July 23rd! Maybe quicker than some since the position is temp to perm. Lower pay than I wanted, but you have to start somewhere. They did call my references before offering the position.

27 months ago

I was hired by Bank of America directly!!!!!!!

27 months ago

Lucky you! I certainly hope I can get on permanent. Anybody out there working temp to perm? Do they often offer you the position?

mes4268

27 months ago

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida said: Were you fingerprinted and arrested? If so, it WILL come up. If it is a misdemeanor as you state, you will be fine. When you do the ASI with the Recruiter on the phone answer yes, to misdemeanor. I had a similar situation and I faxed all paperwork to the investigator after they called me regarding a charge in 2000 coming up after finger printing. I start work on 8/6/12!!!!!!! It is a very stressful situation and the waiting is the toughest part, took me a month to finally get an offer!!!!!!

Hi livefree03,

Yes, I was fingerprinted at the time of my arrest. That felony charge was never filed with the courts though. Instead, I was charged and plead "no contest" to a misdemeanor for "disturbing the peace". If you can recall, who was it that contacted you to fax over the paperwork relating to your arrest, was it BofA corporate security, or was it a third pary background checking company?

Congratulations on successfully getting through it all! My start date (assuming I pass) is 8/13. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't automatically rescind if the FBI record isn't updated to show the charge was dropped. From what you're saying, it sounds as though I'll be given the opportunity to show them the final disposition. I did disclose the misdemeanor conviction in my initial ASI check, so they know I wasn't trying to hide it or anything.

27 months ago

I was contacted by Bank of America internal investigators. I dealt with a person, via email named Pat Rickert, not sure if male or female really understanding and nice! I had to have the courts fax over all documentation stating the final decision of the charges. One was dropped as it was a hearing and one was a dropped to a misdemeanor. If you disclosed it on the paperwork, you should be fine. I did and once they received the court info, they let me know I cleared the background check!!!!!! I never thought I would hear from them, it is a long and stressful process. Hang in there;-)

Tash88 in Arlington, Texas

27 months ago

I am getting really stressed out over this. I had my phone and personal interview 3wks ago. Last wk the recruiter called to go over asi before she sent it she stated ill hear back within 5 days but she called the next day for me to go to the boa site to do fongerprints i9 and photo..i did that three days ago and emailed her and she said ill receive something this weel. Ive never been arrested im just worried if I put the correct salary for an old job I had. What are my chances of being in the clear? And do you receive an offer via email?

27 months ago

I totally understand you being stressed out. I went thru the process of hiring at B of A and was finally cleared and start on 8/6. It takes about 3-4 weeks for the entire process. I don't even have my picture taken for my badge, ur one step ahead of me, lol. If anything came up, you would be notified immediately, so if no one has contacted you regarding a possible mistake on your salary, my thoughts are you ok....Breath;-)

Tash88 in Arlington, Texas

27 months ago

Thank you.

27 months ago

;-)

mya in Jacksonville, Florida

26 months ago

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I totally understand you being stressed out. I went thru the process of hiring at B of A and was finally cleared and start on 8/6. It takes about 3-4 weeks for the entire process. I don't even have my picture taken for my badge, ur one step ahead of me, lol. If anything came up, you would be notified immediately, so if no one has contacted you regarding a possible mistake on your salary, my thoughts are you ok....Breath;-)

hey how did your offer letter look like. im in the jacksonville area they sent me an email for my start date but no time to come.

26 months ago

I got an offer letter via email with all information included. What department are you interviewing in? Is it for the call center and the class that starts on Sept 17? We just wrapped up week 4 and have 5 more weeks of training.

Whom did you interview with at the site?

26 months ago

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I got an offer letter via email with all information included. What department are you interviewing in? Is it for the call center and the class that starts on Sept 17? We just wrapped up week 4 and have 5 more weeks of training.

Whom did you interview with at the site?

I got the position as mortgage home loans in building 200 but my email said my start date is September 10 this lady named Peace sent me the email

26 months ago

I work in building 200. Peace was my recruiter as well. Did u do ur ASI and background, fingerprints? They wait until the last minute to give all details, but if your doing mortgage loans, I am not sure I am in mortgage call center. Have you been to the compound? Did u actually interview in building 200, if so with whom?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I work in building 200. Peace was my recruiter as well. Did u do ur ASI and background, fingerprints? They wait until the last minute to give all details, but if your doing mortgage loans, I am not sure I am in mortgage call center. Have you been to the compound? Did u actually interview in building 200, if so with whom?

yea its building 200. and yea i did all that. did your offer look like this

We look forward to you joining Bank of America! This email confirms you have completed the background check and I-9 pre-employment requirements . You are ready to begin working at Bank of America. Your start date has been confirmed for September 10, 2012.

we believe that you are capable of making an outstanding contribution in your new role and again, welcome!

Sincerely,

Peace Seninde

Bank of America Staffing

Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach the Staffing department. Please do not reply.

BANK of AMERICA - CONFIDENTIAL

Important - this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately and you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, or the taking of any action based on it is strictly prohibited.

26 months ago

It looked almost the exact same way. Who did you interview with?

26 months ago

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida said: It looked almost the exact same way. Who did you interview with?

i did a face to face interview with a lady and meet with this guy in his office when i went up there cant remeber their names. i just hope this is the last email i need. i thought i was gone get a letter that said Satisfactory or unSatisfactory

26 months ago

Well I wish you all the luck in the world. I am really enjoying myself there, it is an awesome opportunity!!!!!!

26 months ago

Thank so much for your time. Cant wait to start. Im going to call peace tues and see if its anything i need to do.

-Thanks

pollyshoresfriend in Lancaster, California

24 months ago

hi I applied to bofa about 2 weeks, long story short i got an offer for employment pending background check and all that jazz. So my question is about a misdemeanor larceny on my record from almost 7 years ago(i was 19). I was truthful about it and let them know that it was on there, and i asked my recruiter directly about it and she said she's not sure because its considered theft and banks have a different set of rules when it comes to these things. but at the same time i didnt apply for a bank position, i applied for a call center position for customer service, so am i going to be treated as if i am applying for a bank position? or will they look at the fact that it was almost 7 years ago and i have had multiple jobs since then? also how long did it take you guys to get your fingerprints back?

Jen mi in East Hanover, New Jersey

11 months ago

pollyshoresfriend in Lancaster, California said: hi I applied to bofa about 2 weeks, long story short i got an offer for employment pending background check and all that jazz. So my question is about a misdemeanor larceny on my record from almost 7 years ago(i was 19). I was truthful about it and let them know that it was on there, and i asked my recruiter directly about it and she said she's not sure because its considered theft and banks have a different set of rules when it comes to these things. but at the same time i didnt apply for a bank position, i applied for a call center position for customer service , so am i going to be treated as if i am applying for a bank position? or will they look at the fact that it was almost 7 years ago and i have had multiple jobs since then? also how long did it take you guys to get your fingerprints back?

So, what happened to your background check? Did you get the job? Please update, as I'm in a similar situation as well.

Jen mi in East Hanover, New Jersey

11 months ago

livefree03 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I was contacted by Bank of America internal investigators. I dealt with a person, via email named Pat Rickert, not sure if male or female really understanding and nice! I had to have the courts fax over all documentation stating the final decision of the charges. One was dropped as it was a hearing and one was a dropped to a misdemeanor. If you disclosed it on the paperwork, you should be fine. I did and once they received the court info, they let me know I cleared the background check!!!!!! I never thought I would hear from them, it is a long and stressful process. Hang in there;-)

LiveFree:
Congratulations although a bit late. Your story brings hope!
Can you please tell me if your misdemeanor charge has anything to do with theft? I was arrested for shoplifting twice, but both times I was convicted of a municipal ordinance in NJ (which is not a criminal offense) and so I'm going to say "No" to the criminal conviction on the paperwork. I'm yet to finger print, but it's going to happen very soon as I'm a temp now and the bank is filing paperwork to make me permanent (I work very closely with folks in the NJ call center, btw).

jbuble in Garner, North Carolina

3 months ago

I was convicted of petit larceny a few yrs ago. The record has been sealed, however, I was fingerprinted. Considering my record is sealed and that the misdemeanor was in NY and I now reside in SC, will my fingerprints show up when I am printed for my teller job? Please, someone tell me they have an answer for me.

Jen mi in Westchester, New York

3 months ago

jbuble in Garner, North Carolina said: I was convicted of petit larceny a few yrs ago. The record has been sealed, however, I was fingerprinted. Considering my record is sealed and that the misdemeanor was in NY and I now reside in SC, will my fingerprints show up when I am printed for my teller job? Please, someone tell me they have an answer for me.

I've been researching this a lot, as I have similar arrest but charges were downgraded and I have to fill out ASI in the near future. I don't want to scare you at all, but I've read that BoA's background checks dig up EVERYTHING including expunged/sealed records.

Did you say you have a conviction when you filled out your ASI?

If not, let's hope that this won't show up in your background check. I also think the number of years elapsed from when the conviction happened and was sealed may play a role in whether it will show up or not in your background check. Can you please keep us posted when you hear back from them? Lots of good luck to you in getting the job!

3 months ago

jbuble, can you please let us know how it turned out for you? I'm in a fix now, as I'm going thru a very similar situation and it would help to know what happened with your case and how BoA's background check company treats sealed records..

JHildo in Reseda, California

28 days ago

Do you get the I-9 done during the same appointment for your fingerprints? Please advise.

28 days ago

Yes, you can. It depends on the location you pick. Some facilities are able to take FPs and also validate your I-9.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.