How to get a job at Bank Of America.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 167)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Cee in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey

93 months ago

They gets so many resumes; its best to know someone that works in there that can help you get in the door. There are too may layoffs that are not publicized; that the internal pool makes the people outside looking in very difficult to post. Learn the skills because its not alway about your degree unless its specified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (106) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

JULIE

92 months ago

Im 25 and I am trying to get into the banking world. This is very hard !!! I moved to Maine , and I can not seem to find anything to help me along :( i'm starting to panic ! Can anyone tell me how I might be able to find a job in this field in such a blah place to live!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (120) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

92 months ago

JULIE said: Im 25 and I am trying to get into the banking world. This is very hard !!! I moved to Maine , and I can not seem to find anything to help me along :( i'm starting to panic ! Can anyone tell me how I might be able to find a job in this field in such a blah place to live!!

Have you tried to broaden your search? What about simply writing "bank" in the What search box, and "Maine" in the Where? www.indeed.com/jobs?q=bank&l=maine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

JULIE

92 months ago

I have not tried that. I have some college classes but I have not taken anything in this field. I just took an EMT class , so I really wanted to do a teller position in the day and work on the ambulance at night .... if I can pass my national registry exam :(
Thank you for your suggestion !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

old boa customer

92 months ago

SHOW UP, HAVE A PULSE AND BREATH. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE EXTREMELY CAREFUL OF WHO YOU TELL YOUR BUSINESS TOO. IT TAKES A WHILE FOR A RESPONSE. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Rafael, California

90 months ago

My advice is that you won't get in unless you are a sociable person and have a lot of friends. If you only have a few people who are friends and not a lot, then you don't qualify. I tried to apply today as a teller and I didn't qualify for the position at all. Just because I like to hang out with a few people and not that popular, that doesn't mean that I should be eliminated. People who just have a small group of friends needs a job as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (73) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

90 months ago

Mia said: Friends have nothing to do with getting a job here or anywhere else unless you need a reference or referral. Banks like Bank of America hire over 60,000 people a year and dont have time to determine who is popular and who isnt. They base their decisions on the ability to interview and test well, along with customer service focus.

I jsut took a personality test and just because I am quiet that doesn't mean that I can't have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois

90 months ago

does anyone know the salary for an already licensed (6 and 63) personal banker at bank of america? are commission good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

M.B. in Columbia, South Carolina

89 months ago

I just started working at Bank Of America. I went on their website and created a profile and applied for a position. I recieved a phone call from a recruiter within 2-3 days. After conversating with her, she emailed me a Teller assessment test and I completed that. 1-2 days later I was contacted by someone else who set me up with an interview with the bank manager at the location where I applied. I went in about 2-3 days later and I got the job!! I've been here for almost a year. I started off at 9 per hour and now i'm at 11 per hour. I love it!! Good Luck on your search!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Susan Adams in Rock Hill, South Carolina

89 months ago

After being laid off from Bank of America twice, I would not refer my enemy to the "evil empire". I have three degrees, did a great job, traveled across the country delivering training, even moved to Boston for eight months to assist with the Fleet merger. Unfortunately, I am not a "groupie" so when I was invited out for drinks time and time again and refused, I was labeled as not being a "team player". When you are labeled, you can forget about promotions. Bank of America is very "small" when it you consider the small number of senior managers (EVP) that are employed there.

If you are hired at Bank of America, be sure you enjoy "Happy hours".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Penny in Jonesboro, Georgia

89 months ago

Has anyone every had group interview for a teller position at Bank of America, and what was it like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

paula ortiz

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I don't work at bank of america, but i heard about a job opening at bank of america through the website. I haven't had an interview yet, but i am looking forward to having an interview. My advice to others is to be consistent and try harder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mari K in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

Penny in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Has anyone every had group interview for a teller position at Bank of America, and what was it like?

Not at BofA, but for WAMU. They just talked about the bank, when and how it started, and asked us why we chose WAMU to apply to. Basically told us about the teller position...then we each went off and interviewed with someone separately. There were 5 or 6 people, I believe. In the separate interview we were asked questions like "how would you handle an irate customer?" or "how have you gone out of your way to specifically help a customer?" Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Norman Harris in Concord, California

89 months ago

I only know what I have read or have heard from other people. All are unofficial communications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Already In in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

i work for countrywide and i have not heard anything about a merge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Norman Harris in Concord, California

89 months ago

Somehow this has become a rumor. I am not aware of any official statement or any other official channel announcing a merger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

boa employee in Seattle, Washington

89 months ago

Penny in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Has anyone every had group interview for a teller position at Bank of America, and what was it like?

I LOVE THE GROUP INTERVIEW!!! i like it because they are more comfortable than being 1 on 1 with the interviewer. also, you get a chance to stand out from the crowd a little bit too when you answer the question well.

as for the original question: i personally went into a bank and spoke with the manager (who later became the CSM of the region) and flat out asked him if he will hire me as his teller...after about 15mins of chatting, he said he cant hired me because he just doesnt have the FTE to bring me on board but he will refer me to another branch. and sure enough, i got a job about 2 weeks later!!! i've been with the bank for 1 year and 2 months now and i just got another promotion (3 total!!!) to being a personal banker (i have NO prior experience with bank, b/c i graduated with a college degree in biology and chemistry ;) )...but yeah, I LOVE WORKING HERE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

89 months ago

I am a retired BofA middle manager (20+ years, 3 mergers.) Any organization that big is always looking for people who are articulate, willing and capable. I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was to find applicants who could show up on time, dressed appropriately, write a business letter, speak decent English, and who had any kind of math aptitude!

If you are rusty in any of these, hone your skills! But, realistically, for a bank, your likely job options are in the banking centers (branches) if you are outside of the major business centers (NY, Boston, Charlotte, LA, and SF for BofA.) If in a smaller city, go to a local banking center and talk with the bankingcenter manager, a personal banker, or the operations manager (CSM.)

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

destardi in Carol Stream, Illinois

89 months ago

Mia in Concord, California said: Friends have nothing to do with getting a job here or anywhere else unless you need a reference or referral. Banks like Bank of America hire over 60,000 people a year and dont have time to determine who is popular and who isnt. They base their decisions on the ability to interview and test well, along with customer service focus.

ACTUALLY Mia, Ms. Fong has a point...but she didn't word it very clearly.

A personality test, as related to the banking industry, and people dealing with the public, weed out those who are "shy" or "do not make friends easily." People who are make friends very easily, are gregarious, outgoing, extraverted are the kind of people the tests are designed to select/keep for the position.

Since Ms. Fong is not as outgoing, she would be deemed an undesireable personality type for sales/upselling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jackabus in Vienna, Missouri

89 months ago

I applied for a PT teller position with my local branch of B of A.
I actually am shy, but meeting and dealing with the public is my vehicle for not being shy. Get it? I have quite a few friends, and passed the personality profile. I went into the bank to apply, because I did not have internet at home at that time. A few days later, I got a call from their recruitment office in St. Louis, asking if I could go back to the bank and fill out another app, because the one I had filled out was the *old* form. It looked exactly the same to me. A few days after that I called, and I was told there was a problem with my background check. Since I knew there was nothing adverse in my background or credit history, I questioned this, and asked for the number of the company that does their checks. This gal kept telling me she didn't have their number, she only worked with them online, etcetera. A few days after that, my BG check was okay after all, but there were no openings, now. I finally got a fax number from her, and sent in my request for the results of my BG check. No response. I called again, and that time, she was out of the office, and the gal who helped me immediately gave me the phone number of ChoicePoint. When I contacted them, they said the fax number I had used was not theirs. Furthermore, they could find no record of ever having received a request from B of A for a BG check on me! I went to the bank to speak with the manager, and she was out, and so was the asst. I spoke to a new-looking teller, and sure enough, she was in training. I am 50 y.o. and a little overweight, but I have lots of exp. in retail, and a degree in business, and in customer service, I am outstanding. The new girl looked about 23, and a size 4. Do you think I might have experienced age discrimination? I would bet that those of you who have had positive experiences with getting on at B of A look more like that girl, and less like me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Deanna in Roosevelt, New Jersey

88 months ago

JULIE said: Im 25 and I am trying to get into the banking world. This is very hard !!! I moved to Maine , and I can not seem to find anything to help me along :( i'm starting to panic ! Can anyone tell me how I might be able to find a job in this field in such a blah place to live!!

You could apply at a bank as a teller or csr. From there you can see what the business entails and if you like it. Try a community bank to get your feet wet. From there you can move up to a larger bank and have some experience when you get there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kenya in Charlotte, North Carolina

88 months ago

Susan Adams in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: After being laid off from Bank of America twice, I would not refer my enemy to the "evil empire". I have three degrees, did a great job, traveled across the country delivering training, even moved to Boston for eight months to assist with the Fleet merger. Unfortunately, I am not a "groupie" so when I was invited out for drinks time and time again and refused, I was labeled as not being a "team player". When you are labeled, you can forget about promotions. Bank of America is very "small" when it you consider the small number of senior managers (EVP) that are employed there.

If you are hired at Bank of America, be sure you enjoy "Happy hours".

This is the typical story of a mad VP or AVP that took the high paying job with BOA, not thinking you can get laid off. When you accept the management roles or higher band jobs at BOA you are taking risk if there is any talk about lay offs. KEEP in mind, the higher you go in the bank, you will be the first on the chopping board to get laid off. THink about it, if a corporation needed to "cut cost" why not start with the person with the high pay? So dont make it seem like BOA is an "evil empire" just because you did not do YOUR research BEFORE accepting that "great, high paying position." FYI..RESEARCH THE DIVISION OR DEPARTMENT YOU WANT TO WORK BEFORE APPLYING FOR THAT POSITION!! E.G. how long has that department been established? Is this an area that is growing far as client growth is concerned? THINK FOLKS...DONT HATE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa J. in Moorestown, New Jersey

88 months ago

I recently took the assessment test and was quite surprised that I didn't pass it. I was a teller at Wachovia and just can't believe this.I suppose that you have to answer all the questions as if you're living and breathing bank business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

*If you are you are pure*?! You're joking, right? I didn't think Angela from the office was a real person!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

87 months ago

Lisa J. in Moorestown, New Jersey said: I recently took the assessment test and was quite surprised that I didn't pass it. I was a teller at Wachovia and just can't believe this.I suppose that you have to answer all the questions as if you're living and breathing bank business.

Lisa - did you ask for feedback on why you didn't pass the assessment test? They should be willing to tell you, since any large organization is always looking for experienced, capable people. If whomever ou talk with at HR won't be forthcoming, go up the hierarchy. Tell them you'd like to work there, and don't understand how someone with your experience cannot have passed the assessment test.

Good luck

M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa J. in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

87 months ago

jackabus in Vienna, Missouri said: *If you are you are pure*?! You're joking, right? I didn't think Angela from the office was a real person!

What planet are you from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Lisa,
Susan, a hard-working, intelligent woman, who dedicated herself to performing to the best of her considerable ability, was canned for not going to happy hours. While a certain amount of *group socializing* is expected in most business settings, This person, like myself, believes you should be advanced in your career for your PERFORMANCE. Period. I know exactly where she is coming from. Another subscriber advised her that if she was *pure* she would be promoted. What a hoot! And, Bank of America will not tell you anything about your application. They went so far as to pretend to run my background check! I had to make SEVERAL calls to them to finally get the name and number of Choicepoint, who had never received a request for a bg check for me! I passed the personality profile, but was discounted because of my age and weight, when they met me in person. I have years of successful experience in business. The person they hired was about 23, and a size 4. There is no ladder to go up for naswers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Darlene Pattison in Westborough, Massachusetts

87 months ago

I lived in Maine from 2000 to 2002 and could never get a permanent job there. I moved to Massachusetts in 2002, have had my pick of jobs here, working 4 years for one employer in Mass, and now another position, full time. I found there are not many full time permanent jobs in Maine. All I ever could find was temporary jobs and they were usually for the State of Maine of which you need to take a civil service test which was made in the early 1900's which ask math questions regarding hay stacks! So even though I took the test and passed with an 87 grade; a 90 is needed to even get a chance at a permanent job. I thik they only want Mainers to work the State jobs or tey would modernize their civil service tests. My employer at the State house was a high executive and tried to get me in there to no avail. So if you want to take the civil service test, learn about hay stacks! It is such a shame as I loved my job and the people at my job there.

Once I moved to Mass., it was so much easier, and there are plenty of bank jobs here though you might do better in another less expensive state.

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bebe in Orangeburg, South Carolina

86 months ago

M.B. in Columbia, South Carolina said: I just started working at Bank Of America. I went on their website and created a profile and applied for a position. I recieved a phone call from a recruiter within 2-3 days. After conversating with her, she emailed me a Teller assessment test and I completed that. 1-2 days later I was contacted by someone else who set me up with an interview with the bank manager at the location where I applied. I went in about 2-3 days later and I got the job!! I've been here for almost a year. I started off at 9 per hour and now i'm at 11 per hour. I love it!! Good Luck on your search!!

Hi I just got a call today and the recruiter emailed me the assessment test. I haven't taken it yet I want to prepare myself first. Was the test hard? I hope I do well on it. Thanks for your information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Glendale, California

86 months ago

Bebe in Orangeburg, South Carolina said: Hi I just got a call today and the recruiter emailed me the assessment test. I haven't taken it yet I want to prepare myself first. Was the test hard? I hope I do well on it. Thanks for your information

Relax! It is a personality test. So be yourself and dont spend too much time reading into the question. It is important to answer the questions as a financialy disciplined person, outgoing and like to deal with people. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Enterprise, Alabama

86 months ago

old boa customer said: Hi Julie,
email me and i will try and help you as much as i can

Help me too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shahnaj choudhury in Alexandria, Virginia

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I am looking for job in the bank of america. please help me to find it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

86 months ago

Did you start with www.bankofamerica.com and looks for job postings? You can file your resume on-line throgh the site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Florence in Decatur, Georgia

86 months ago

I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a Customer Service Simulation Test with Bank of America. What should I expect, is it a pass/fail exam, how long does it take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa J. in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

86 months ago

I wouldnt't worry about it. I look at it this way, you try your best and if it doesn't work out, then it wasn't meant to be. Try another bank!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Madge

86 months ago

Florence in Decatur, Georgia said: I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a Customer Service Simulation Test with Bank of America. What should I expect, is it a pass/fail exam, how long does it take.

I took the assessment test about a week ago and failed for the teller position but passed for the personal banker. I would suggest to think like a teller for the first and think like a salesperson for the personal banker. I am still waiting to hear from the local recruiter. I have already bugged the global one at least every 2 days. Does anyone have any suggestions? My aunt has worked at Bank of America for over 25 years and even she can't help. What else can I do? Also a 3 years ago I had a bankruptcy that was also discharged at the same time. Could that affect my employment with BOA? Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

I have been trying to get on with B of A or Wamu for about a year. Since they wouldn't hire me I found a small credit union to work for 6 months at to get entry training you know teller, auto loans account setups etc. Then I moved on to a mortgage company that I was very happy at but for unexpected family reasons had to move back here to Dallas from Seattle. So now I have all the experience needed to be a personal banker, loan officer or salesperson in general not to mention I did real estate sales for 3 years for the same company before that. I am extremely social, I train well and perform above standard. I am 25 with military background, have finished with my Bachelors with my major in Finance and I can't seem to get a recruiter to call for anything. I have been applying for a year, updating my skills, certifications and licenses as I gain them...and still nothing!
Anyone got any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

86 months ago

Madge - I am not in BofA Personnel, but worked there for 20 years. Because the prime focus of the bank is that it is entrusted with people's money, having a personal bankruptcy is likely to hurt you. To illustrate, at one time if an employee had a personal check presented NSF (non-sufficient funds), it was grounds for termination. If the bankruptcy was caused by something beyond your control, you need to work extra hard to get in front of a hiring manager to explain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

James in Charlotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

I just applied for (yet another) position with BOA using their online tool. I've applied for a couple of other positions to no avail, however they might have been a bit beyond what my resume would indicate I'm capable of. This most recent application is for something right up my ally, which speaks directly to my experience.

Am I now solely at the mercy of an automated system? Is there an actual PERSON that I can call or email to improve my chances?

I'm also in the middle of an employee referral for Wachovia... any insight to them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

M in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

James - pay attention to your text. It's "alley" not "ally". Seems like a small thing, perhaps, but can be construed by the reader as sloppy.

Sorry - can't help you with the person thing. Isn't there a phone number for the HR department in Charlotte? Call the main number and ask for HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

So Bank of America did call me for Sales and Service rep when I had been applying for PB. They offered about 8K less for this position than I made as a teller for another bank. Is all bank of america pay that low? I told the guy thanks for calling but I could never work for so little. Amazing he would actually call someone with my experience and credentials and offer that, good thing I sought out positions with their competitors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cookie in Saint Louis, Missouri

85 months ago

My suggestion to you all is just do your best. Fill out all your information completely and accurately and never give up. Only apply for position that you can do, and sell yourself on your resume or application. Never give up.
You will eventually someway, somehow get what you need. Good Luck To You All...............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Astrid in Valdosta, Georgia

85 months ago

I worked in banking several years ago. I was able to get in after having worked at the bank as a temp. I networked, maintained a very professional attire and kept an updated resume with me all the time.

Call the bank's HR dept. and ask them how they hire their temps. If they use their own pool, find out how to apply. If they use a temp agency, sign up with the agency and ask to be placed in a long term temporary assignment with the bank.

It is not important that you get a position in the specific area you want to work at (brank bankin, corporate lending, leasing, operations...), but it is important that you do know what you want to do. That way, once you are in your temp assignment, you can ask the people that you work with if they know someone in that area and if they can help you get an informational interview.

Good luck. You will soon find something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

World/Wachovia employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

85 months ago

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon said: I am a retired BofA middle manager (20+ years, 3 mergers.) Any organization that big is always looking for people who are articulate, willing and capable. I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was to find applicants who could show up on time, dressed appropriately, write a business letter, speak decent English, and who had any kind of math aptitude!

If you are rusty in any of these, hone your skills! But, realistically, for a bank, your likely job options are in the banking centers (branches) if you are outside of the major business centers (NY, Boston, Charlotte, LA, and SF for BofA.) If in a smaller city, go to a local banking center and talk with the bankingcenter manager, a personal banker, or the operations manager (CSM.)

Good luck.

Do they have a retail loan servicing center, or is it strictly a branch business? Also, does Bank of America have formal trainers? Sales coaches?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon said: Well, that would lower the applicant pool for you, wouldn't it Lee?

Have an especially nice day!

....LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Norman Harris in Brea, California said: James,

I am on the Bank of America Staffing team and I would be happy to review your online application. Can you send me your full name and/or candidate profile that you were provided when you applied online? You can send information to norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

I am researching financial institutions, and I have a couple of questions you might be able to answer. First, does Bank of America have trainers, sales coaches, or something to that effect? Second, are they focused on the origination business through branches, or do they have call centers with mortgage consultants?
If you could either answer, or direct me to the correct person, I would really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

G Bryant in Glendora, California

85 months ago

Norman Harris in Brea, California said: James,

I am on the Bank of America Staffing team and I would be happy to review your online application. Can you send me your full name and/or candidate profile that you were provided when you applied online? You can send information to norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

Well, I would sure like to know why I wasn't hired; I have the qualifications for the position but was declined without even being granted an interview; the last time I had been interviewing - 3 years ago - I had 3 companies begging me to work for them. I am a good appraiser with extensive review appraiser. Was I overqualified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Hillsboro, Oregon

85 months ago

James in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I just applied for (yet another) position with BOA using their online tool. I've applied for a couple of other positions to no avail, however they might have been a bit beyond what my resume would indicate I'm capable of. This most recent application is for something right up my ally, which speaks directly to my experience.

Am I now solely at the mercy of an automated system? Is there an actual PERSON that I can call or email to improve my chances?

I'm also in the middle of an employee referral for Wachovia... any insight to them?

James - follow directions! The staffing manager gave you an email address to use, and yet you posted your question on this forum. Had you already communicated with the staffing person?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois said: does anyone know the salary for an already licensed (6 and 63) personal banker at bank of america? are commission good?

James- I am currently a personal banker in California just got hired a couple months ago..salary is good but the comission is horrible! You don't get a penny unless you sell above the expected 100% of your ridiculous and unreachable goal! oh and as far as improving your chances, you might want to go into a bank and speak to a manager personally ;) remember to be very energetic and and smile alot! good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.