How to get a job at Bank Of America.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 145)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Cee in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey

104 months ago

They gets so many resumes; its best to know someone that works in there that can help you get in the door. There are too may layoffs that are not publicized; that the internal pool makes the people outside looking in very difficult to post. Learn the skills because its not alway about your degree unless its specified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

JULIE

103 months ago

Im 25 and I am trying to get into the banking world. This is very hard !!! I moved to Maine , and I can not seem to find anything to help me along :( i'm starting to panic ! Can anyone tell me how I might be able to find a job in this field in such a blah place to live!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (128) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

JULIE

103 months ago

I have not tried that. I have some college classes but I have not taken anything in this field. I just took an EMT class , so I really wanted to do a teller position in the day and work on the ambulance at night .... if I can pass my national registry exam :(
Thank you for your suggestion !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

M.B. in Columbia, South Carolina

101 months ago

I just started working at Bank Of America. I went on their website and created a profile and applied for a position. I recieved a phone call from a recruiter within 2-3 days. After conversating with her, she emailed me a Teller assessment test and I completed that. 1-2 days later I was contacted by someone else who set me up with an interview with the bank manager at the location where I applied. I went in about 2-3 days later and I got the job!! I've been here for almost a year. I started off at 9 per hour and now i'm at 11 per hour. I love it!! Good Luck on your search!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

destardi in Carol Stream, Illinois

100 months ago

Mia in Concord, California said: Friends have nothing to do with getting a job here or anywhere else unless you need a reference or referral. Banks like Bank of America hire over 60,000 people a year and dont have time to determine who is popular and who isnt. They base their decisions on the ability to interview and test well, along with customer service focus.

ACTUALLY Mia, Ms. Fong has a point...but she didn't word it very clearly.

A personality test, as related to the banking industry, and people dealing with the public, weed out those who are "shy" or "do not make friends easily." People who are make friends very easily, are gregarious, outgoing, extraverted are the kind of people the tests are designed to select/keep for the position.

Since Ms. Fong is not as outgoing, she would be deemed an undesireable personality type for sales/upselling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa J. in Moorestown, New Jersey

99 months ago

I recently took the assessment test and was quite surprised that I didn't pass it. I was a teller at Wachovia and just can't believe this.I suppose that you have to answer all the questions as if you're living and breathing bank business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bebe in Orangeburg, South Carolina

97 months ago

M.B. in Columbia, South Carolina said: I just started working at Bank Of America. I went on their website and created a profile and applied for a position. I recieved a phone call from a recruiter within 2-3 days. After conversating with her, she emailed me a Teller assessment test and I completed that. 1-2 days later I was contacted by someone else who set me up with an interview with the bank manager at the location where I applied. I went in about 2-3 days later and I got the job!! I've been here for almost a year. I started off at 9 per hour and now i'm at 11 per hour. I love it!! Good Luck on your search!!

Hi I just got a call today and the recruiter emailed me the assessment test. I haven't taken it yet I want to prepare myself first. Was the test hard? I hope I do well on it. Thanks for your information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Glendale, California

97 months ago

Bebe in Orangeburg, South Carolina said: Hi I just got a call today and the recruiter emailed me the assessment test. I haven't taken it yet I want to prepare myself first. Was the test hard? I hope I do well on it. Thanks for your information

Relax! It is a personality test. So be yourself and dont spend too much time reading into the question. It is important to answer the questions as a financialy disciplined person, outgoing and like to deal with people. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Enterprise, Alabama

97 months ago

old boa customer said: Hi Julie,
email me and i will try and help you as much as i can

Help me too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shahnaj choudhury in Alexandria, Virginia

97 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I am looking for job in the bank of america. please help me to find it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

97 months ago

Did you start with www.bankofamerica.com and looks for job postings? You can file your resume on-line throgh the site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Florence in Decatur, Georgia

97 months ago

I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a Customer Service Simulation Test with Bank of America. What should I expect, is it a pass/fail exam, how long does it take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa J. in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

97 months ago

I wouldnt't worry about it. I look at it this way, you try your best and if it doesn't work out, then it wasn't meant to be. Try another bank!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Madge

97 months ago

Florence in Decatur, Georgia said: I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a Customer Service Simulation Test with Bank of America. What should I expect, is it a pass/fail exam, how long does it take.

I took the assessment test about a week ago and failed for the teller position but passed for the personal banker. I would suggest to think like a teller for the first and think like a salesperson for the personal banker. I am still waiting to hear from the local recruiter. I have already bugged the global one at least every 2 days. Does anyone have any suggestions? My aunt has worked at Bank of America for over 25 years and even she can't help. What else can I do? Also a 3 years ago I had a bankruptcy that was also discharged at the same time. Could that affect my employment with BOA? Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Dallas, Texas

97 months ago

I have been trying to get on with B of A or Wamu for about a year. Since they wouldn't hire me I found a small credit union to work for 6 months at to get entry training you know teller, auto loans account setups etc. Then I moved on to a mortgage company that I was very happy at but for unexpected family reasons had to move back here to Dallas from Seattle. So now I have all the experience needed to be a personal banker, loan officer or salesperson in general not to mention I did real estate sales for 3 years for the same company before that. I am extremely social, I train well and perform above standard. I am 25 with military background, have finished with my Bachelors with my major in Finance and I can't seem to get a recruiter to call for anything. I have been applying for a year, updating my skills, certifications and licenses as I gain them...and still nothing!
Anyone got any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

97 months ago

Madge - I am not in BofA Personnel, but worked there for 20 years. Because the prime focus of the bank is that it is entrusted with people's money, having a personal bankruptcy is likely to hurt you. To illustrate, at one time if an employee had a personal check presented NSF (non-sufficient funds), it was grounds for termination. If the bankruptcy was caused by something beyond your control, you need to work extra hard to get in front of a hiring manager to explain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

James in Charlotte, North Carolina

97 months ago

I just applied for (yet another) position with BOA using their online tool. I've applied for a couple of other positions to no avail, however they might have been a bit beyond what my resume would indicate I'm capable of. This most recent application is for something right up my ally, which speaks directly to my experience.

Am I now solely at the mercy of an automated system? Is there an actual PERSON that I can call or email to improve my chances?

I'm also in the middle of an employee referral for Wachovia... any insight to them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

M in Portland, Oregon

97 months ago

James - pay attention to your text. It's "alley" not "ally". Seems like a small thing, perhaps, but can be construed by the reader as sloppy.

Sorry - can't help you with the person thing. Isn't there a phone number for the HR department in Charlotte? Call the main number and ask for HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Dallas, Texas

97 months ago

So Bank of America did call me for Sales and Service rep when I had been applying for PB. They offered about 8K less for this position than I made as a teller for another bank. Is all bank of america pay that low? I told the guy thanks for calling but I could never work for so little. Amazing he would actually call someone with my experience and credentials and offer that, good thing I sought out positions with their competitors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cookie in Saint Louis, Missouri

97 months ago

My suggestion to you all is just do your best. Fill out all your information completely and accurately and never give up. Only apply for position that you can do, and sell yourself on your resume or application. Never give up.
You will eventually someway, somehow get what you need. Good Luck To You All...............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Astrid in Valdosta, Georgia

97 months ago

JULIE said: Im 25 and I am trying to get into the banking world. This is very hard !!! I moved to Maine , and I can not seem to find anything to help me along :( i'm starting to panic ! Can anyone tell me how I might be able to find a job in this field in such a blah place to live!!

I worked in banking several years ago. I was able to get in after having worked at the bank as a temp. I networked, maintained a very professional attire and kept an updated resume with me all the time.

Call the bank's HR dept. and ask them how they hire their temps. If they use their own pool, find out how to apply. If they use a temp agency, sign up with the agency and ask to be placed in a long term temporary assignment with the bank.

It is not important that you get a position in the specific area you want to work at (brank bankin, corporate lending, leasing, operations...), but it is important that you do know what you want to do. That way, once you are in your temp assignment, you can ask the people that you work with if they know someone in that area and if they can help you get an informational interview.

Good luck. You will soon find something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

World/Wachovia employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

97 months ago

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon said: I am a retired BofA middle manager (20+ years, 3 mergers.) Any organization that big is always looking for people who are articulate, willing and capable. I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was to find applicants who could show up on time, dressed appropriately, write a business letter, speak decent English, and who had any kind of math aptitude!

If you are rusty in any of these, hone your skills! But, realistically, for a bank, your likely job options are in the banking centers (branches) if you are outside of the major business centers (NY, Boston, Charlotte, LA, and SF for BofA.) If in a smaller city, go to a local banking center and talk with the bankingcenter manager, a personal banker, or the operations manager (CSM.)

Good luck.

Do they have a retail loan servicing center, or is it strictly a branch business? Also, does Bank of America have formal trainers? Sales coaches?

97 months ago

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon said: Well, that would lower the applicant pool for you, wouldn't it Lee?

Have an especially nice day!

....LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Norman Harris in Brea, California said: James,

I am on the Bank of America Staffing team and I would be happy to review your online application. Can you send me your full name and/or candidate profile that you were provided when you applied online? You can send information to norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

I am researching financial institutions, and I have a couple of questions you might be able to answer. First, does Bank of America have trainers, sales coaches, or something to that effect? Second, are they focused on the origination business through branches, or do they have call centers with mortgage consultants?
If you could either answer, or direct me to the correct person, I would really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

G Bryant in Glendora, California

97 months ago

Norman Harris in Brea, California said: James,

I am on the Bank of America Staffing team and I would be happy to review your online application. Can you send me your full name and/or candidate profile that you were provided when you applied online? You can send information to norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

Well, I would sure like to know why I wasn't hired; I have the qualifications for the position but was declined without even being granted an interview; the last time I had been interviewing - 3 years ago - I had 3 companies begging me to work for them. I am a good appraiser with extensive review appraiser. Was I overqualified?

Michael in Hillsboro, Oregon

97 months ago

James in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I just applied for (yet another) position with BOA using their online tool. I've applied for a couple of other positions to no avail, however they might have been a bit beyond what my resume would indicate I'm capable of. This most recent application is for something right up my ally, which speaks directly to my experience.

Am I now solely at the mercy of an automated system? Is there an actual PERSON that I can call or email to improve my chances?

I'm also in the middle of an employee referral for Wachovia... any insight to them?

James - follow directions! The staffing manager gave you an email address to use, and yet you posted your question on this forum. Had you already communicated with the staffing person?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Los Angeles, California

97 months ago

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois said: does anyone know the salary for an already licensed (6 and 63) personal banker at bank of america? are commission good?

James- I am currently a personal banker in California just got hired a couple months ago..salary is good but the comission is horrible! You don't get a penny unless you sell above the expected 100% of your ridiculous and unreachable goal! oh and as far as improving your chances, you might want to go into a bank and speak to a manager personally ;) remember to be very energetic and and smile alot! good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marlyatou bah in Brooklyn, New York

97 months ago

hi,I am looking for job. I like to do teller position.I have my high school diplomat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marlyatou bah in Brooklyn, New York

97 months ago

hi,I am looking for job. I like to do teller position.I have my high school diplomat.

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

97 months ago

Marltatou - work on your spelling - it's "diploma", not "diplomat" (although many dipliumats behave as though all they had was a high school diploma.) Use BofA's online job search and resume submission process.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

J Doe in Glendora, California

97 months ago

I noticed that too; but I was not going to say anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

former world savings employee in Sandy, Utah

97 months ago

J Doe in Glendora, California said: I noticed that too; but I was not going to say anything.

"Marltatou - work on your spelling - it's "diploma", not "diplomat" (although many dipliumats behave as though all they had was a high school diploma.) Use BofA's online job search and resume submission process.

Good luck."

Could any of us survive without spell check???
It is diplomats...not "dipliumats."

Ms. Lady Jay in Charlotte, North Carolina

96 months ago

JULIE said: I have not tried that. I have some college classes but I have not taken anything in this field. I just took an EMT class , so I really wanted to do a teller position in the day and work on the ambulance at night .... if I can pass my national registry exam :(
Thank you for your suggestion !

Wachovia is hiring for bank tellers in the Bay Area for the new Wachovia branches that are going to open in October or September. Go to www.wachovia.com and check out the jobs.

cecilia in ct in Atlanta, Georgia

96 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

ok you need to apply online and then attach a resume to the form it will also help to visit the bank of choice and inquire if they like yoiu they may refer you. i applied 1 month ago they have recruiting like evry three months so dont get discouraged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynda in Everett, Washington

96 months ago

M.B. in Columbia, South Carolina said: I just started working at Bank Of America. I went on their website and created a profile and applied for a position. I recieved a phone call from a recruiter within 2-3 days. After conversating with her, she emailed me a Teller assessment test and I completed that. 1-2 days later I was contacted by someone else who set me up with an interview with the bank manager at the location where I applied. I went in about 2-3 days later and I got the job!! I've been here for almost a year. I started off at 9 per hour and now i'm at 11 per hour. I love it!! Good Luck on your search!!

Hello M.B. Do you have any suggestions for preparing for the Teller Assessment Test? Is it realistic to think if someone with no teller experience to pass the test? Thanks. Lynda from WA.

96 months ago

I applied for a position at Bank of America - I only received back a decline letter - with no reason stated. I was wondering how the job market overall is in So.Carolina? I had considered moving to Dorcester or Charleston but had just seen it on Realtor.com - I've never been there. Is it nice?

Thanks, Jane

san in huston, Texas

96 months ago

Hi all, I applied for teller position.....after giving teller assessment, clearing panel interview....I have given an interview with banking center manager, teller manager....they told me to wait for 72 hrs for the resuts....could anybody help me in this regard???.... I mean to ask if somebody has gone through same situation.....than in his or her case how much time was taken to give reply....

Dave in San Bernardino, California

96 months ago

I took the assesment test and I wasnt qualified? But im unclear why... anybody have a clue?

Jen

96 months ago

It is a behavioral test. You have to answer according to the position you are applying for.

Tricia in Huntersville, North Carolina

96 months ago

Is there a main bofa switchboard number so I can ask for an associate by name? Thank you in advance!

more in Midland, Texas

96 months ago

MB Did you take the assessment test & when & did you find it
difficult. How do you prepare or have suggestions answering it. Speedy reply is appreciated.

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

I, too, was also canned for not going to Happy Hour. Like Susan, who was mentioned earlier in this discussion, I was also a great worker, but the scalliwag supervisor of mine thought I was going to take her job. Overseeing the rest of the cast and crew is not my thing. I like having my own little corner. The matter was treated as insubordination, one of the most deadly sins in corporate life. That supervisor of mine would have had the last laugh had she been dismissed and had to come to the unemployment office where I worked for four years as master keyer of unemployment insurance applications.

Su P

96 months ago

san in huston, Texas said: Hi all, I applied for teller position.....after giving teller assessment, clearing panel interview....I have given an interview with banking center manager, teller manager....they told me to wait for 72 hrs for the resuts....could anybody help me in this regard???.... I mean to ask if somebody has gone through same situation.....than in his or her case how much time was taken to give reply....

I am in the same boat as you are: Completed Assessment, Group Interview and was called for an interview with Center Manager and Teller Manager last week. Was told that I will hear by eod friday. The part that bafalled me was that I was given less than 2 hrs to appear for the interview (can you believe this) and was told by the manager that they have other candidates lined up for interviews the following week. I felt singled out here as I was not given enough time for mentally preparing for the interview. I contacted HR and today I found that the HR coordinator who was handling my case has left the bank......

kel in temecula, California

96 months ago

hey..im 24 years old and a college graduate.ive had a job interview weeks ago. and until now, they havent call me back yet. i think i didnt pass. problem w/ me is, i just came from the Philippines and Im not that fluent in english. thats why i cant express myself that much in an interview. can anyone give me some advice.. :(

96 months ago

I think your being Philipino (Filipino) - sorry - would be an advantage - to speak Tagalog is very important at least out here in CA. Good luck to you though - I know someone out there will appreciate your background from another Country.

kel in temecula, California

96 months ago

J Doe in Glendora, California said: I think your being Philipino (Filipino) - sorry - would be an advantage - to speak Tagalog is very important at least out here in CA. Good luck to you though - I know someone out there will appreciate your background from another Country.

*sigh*...i hope so.. thank you for the encouragement....

DEVI S in Irving, Texas

96 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR JOB IN BANK OF AMERICA,CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN FINNDING THE JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dhara desai in Canton, Michigan

96 months ago

I am looking for a job too,can anyone help me too.

Jillian Ocasio in Rochester, New York

95 months ago

Can anyone provide me with information about the best way to get noticed as I am planning on posting my resume and cover letter for an analyst position with bank of America? Thank you!!

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.