How to get a job at BED BATH AND BEYOND.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Host

Do you work at BED BATH AND BEYOND? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

donald in Hampden, Maine

86 months ago

I have applie with this company numerous times. I started calling the store just to find out that there is,nt anything available. They told me that the home office always puts the job on the boards. I have over 20 years experience and they will not call me back. Also keep in mind that when you fill out an application online it goes to the home office and not right to the store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

lesah in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

85 months ago

I have 17 years retail experience, with the last 7 years being in management. I have applied twice for manager position, but haven't heard back. Would be nice to be acknowledged that my resume was received.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

The ads NEVER go away in Folsom, California

85 months ago

They are always placing this ad. I have come to the conclusion that they can't keep people and are so annal they chase everyone off. The Borg lives! Look like them, act like them, smell like them...or never be one of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

pittsburgh girl in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at BED BATH AND BEYOND? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I worked for Bed Bath and Beyond in the Pittsburgh market for 3 1/2 years. The company pays well however they expect a lot of hours. There are very few workers on the floor and you aren't much of a manager....more like a manger of your own time and tasks you can accomplish on the floor. You work 11-15 hour days and most of it is on the salesfloor putting away freight. I hated it. If you're looking to get hired there they have like 160% turnover rate. They keep an ad running constantly. They hire a lot from manager referrals and pay the managers bonuses for getting managers hired. Call the store and ask to speak to a manager or stop in. Make sure you are speaking with a salaried manager and they may pass you on for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

chick101 in melbourne florida in Melbourne, Florida

82 months ago

Hey, i applied at BBB just on this last wed. and i didnt hear anything back from them, so i went in today which is fri. and they gave me a survey and said they will be intouch with me by monday.... now idk if im getting the job or not, even if so to me luck i got another place that wants to hire me that called today while i was at BBB. My advise is... Dress nice, apear confident, be persistant, make them see that you really want this oppurtunity, DONT CALL!!! always go in! when you call people can be busy and they r gonna come up with any excuse to get off the phone and back to work.. so go in where they have to show you the time because hey you can be a customer. just keep trying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie Delarosa in San Angelo, Texas

81 months ago

Host said: Do you work at BED BATH AND BEYOND? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview? I looked at the store window.

Always try your best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I love to be helpful and work with customers. I love to meet new people and talk to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I can learn quick and work hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

n/a in Greenville, South Carolina

80 months ago

Don't do it - they work you to death!!! Tons of hours, overnights, moving stuff all of the time. All you do is put up freight

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

I love recruting for this company in Snohomish, Washington

76 months ago

They are a great Company to recruit for. They are an industry leader! As a National Recruiter for BBB I can also recruit for other Companies.
They are the best! I have yet to have one Candidate call me after and say they don't want to work there.
The best way to get into that company is with an experienced Retail Recruiter. Good luck and happy 2008

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

none in Evans City, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Host said: Do you work at BED BATH AND BEYOND? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

don't

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sabrina thompson in wilson, North Carolina

76 months ago

please mail me further information reguading jop opportunities with bed bath and beyond

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Howard's Nightmare in Babylon, New York

71 months ago

I love recruting for this company in Snohomish, Washington said: They are a great Company to recruit for. They are an industry leader! As a National Recruiter for BBB I can also recruit for other Companies.
They are the best! I have yet to have one Candidate call me after and say they don't want to work there.
The best way to get into that company is with an experienced Retail Recruiter. Good luck and happy 2008

I'm sure that their turnover keeps food in your mouth, but just because no candidates call you back to complain about the work doesn't meanh that they are a great company to work for. Those candidates probably know not to use you as a recruiter after you helped them hook up with the worst retail employer in existance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kevin Gomez in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

I am looking for a part time job. I'm in my last year of high school, and I would very much like an interview with your company. I'm strong and hardworking. I ask you to please give me a change to be a part your team. Thanks Kevin Gomez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Franks and Beans in Anchorage, Alaska

70 months ago

kevin Gomez in Sacramento, California said: I am looking for a part time job. I'm in my last year of high school, and I would very much like an interview with your company. I'm strong and hardworking. I ask you to please give me a change to be a part your team. Thanks Kevin Gomez

Kevin - this forum is a good place to get people's opinions on various companies. But if you want to get a job there then I would suggest either going online to the company website and applying or walking in the store and asking for an application. Be sure to dress appropriately, bring a resume and fillout the application there. Don't take it home with you. Also, don't leave the application with just anyone. Be sure to give it to the Manager in charge.

Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

pittsburgh gal in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Ok here's the downlow.....Blood Bath and beyond stinks to work for. If you are an ex con you can get hired here because they don't drug or backround check. They pretend they do however they don't because they are cheap. The hours in management are long and all you do is put away freight. They hardly have any people on the salesfloor and many stores run on like 550 hours a week.....yes a week. Most of the upper mangement are men and the only people they are looking to hire for hourly associates are hot young girls to use as their own private dating pool. It's a good old boy network and they hire people based on looks....kind of like abercrombie. it was the most miserable time of my life and if you even consider working for this company you are nuts. The pay is excellent for a salaried manager it's not unheard of to make 60 plus grand...but don't count on getting another raise so negotiate well on your way in. If you're unemployed go for it.....if you have a job already don't even think about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Howard's Nightmare in Babylon, New York

70 months ago

pittsburgh gal in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania said: Ok here's the downlow.....Blood Bath and beyond stinks to work for. If you are an ex con you can get hired here because they don't drug or backround check. They pretend they do however they don't because they are cheap. The hours in management are long and all you do is put away freight. They hardly have any people on the salesfloor and many stores run on like 550 hours a week.....yes a week. Most of the upper mangement are men and the only people they are looking to hire for hourly associates are hot young girls to use as their own private dating pool. It's a good old boy network and they hire people based on looks....kind of like abercrombie. it was the most miserable time of my life and if you even consider working for this company you are nuts. The pay is excellent for a salaried manager it's not unheard of to make 60 plus grand...but don't count on getting another raise so negotiate well on your way in. If you're unemployed go for it.....if you have a job already don't even think about it.

Well said. Bed Bath and Beyond - for people who can't get hired anywhere else or are just too stupid to try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmine Hudson in Maywood, Illinois

65 months ago

i can clon up im good at help out poeple

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Short Tim in Babylon, New York

65 months ago

You should join, your composition skills alone put you at the level of most of Regional Sales Managers that work there. Go for it, girl!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

deathinlove in Orlando, Florida

63 months ago

To begin with, every associate in the store will answer the question, "Are you hiring?" with the response, "we are currently accepting applications." We are trained to do so. We also do this so applicants won't continuously call and harass the management staff. I walked in the store, asked for an application, filled it out, and I had a job within an hour. Is there any exact way to get a job there? No; however, I wouldn't give up. I love working at Bed Bath and Beyond. And I've never had to work over a nine hour shift or an overnight without my permission first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Guile Kyle in Edison, New Jersey

60 months ago

lesah in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin said: I have 17 years retail experience, with the last 7 years being in management. I have applied twice for manager position, but haven't heard back. Would be nice to be acknowledged that my resume was received.

It's the catch 22 of the baby boomers...years of experience and dedicated hard work, but then the drawback of being seen as "to stuck in your ways and difficult to train and a perceived lack of stamina." Age discrimination if you ask me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

FedUp in New Port Richey, Florida

32 months ago

Vicky Harinski in Franklin Square, New York said: I know I keep applying also,it is frustrating. I wonder if they really have these still available or were not already filled in house.

They do not hire from within in most districts... depending on the bad experiences of the district managers... Although they state that they do so.... It is, unfortunately, untrue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FedUp in New Port Richey, Florida

32 months ago

twal in Massachusetts said: this is not true...yes you may have to work hard but it is retail after all. you know what you are getting into when you choose to apply. the stores are great, the people are nice and the customers are awesome! people love to shop at the store because they are treated so well. that definately helps morale! i was an associate for a long time before becoming a manager. yes, you do work hard but they pay well and they don't ask for more than they (management) are willing to do themselves. this has been my experience.

I want to transfer to your store. Because mine... IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU DESCRIBED!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Retail in Bowling Green, Kentucky

7 months ago

Who can tell me what a dept manager position is like with BBB? How many dept mngrs does each store have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.