managenent job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

wayne chase

93 months ago

well i filled out an application and got no response.this noesn't seem right.why do you keep advertising the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

HR prof in Helena, Alabama

93 months ago

I couldn't consider you for a job with spelling like that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

wayne chase

93 months ago

well not everyone is perfect.you would really need to read my resume before you judge someone for there spelling

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wayne chase

93 months ago

well i guess that you don't have an answer.i would really like to send my real resume to you for consideration.give me a fax to send it to.then if you think that i'm not qualified for the job ok

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chuck in Saint Louis, Missouri

93 months ago

I hand delivered a resume and application to the local store manager. He was a great guy and spent a little time selling me on the company. I did get a call from HR and had an interview. It was the strangest thing I had been on. The whole thing lasted about 1 1/2 hours. The first 45 minutes was good but when the HR Manager started on the second part it was a 30 minute non-stop him talking about his vast knowledge of the company. He didn't stop to catch his breath or allow any questions. At the end of the interview I asked specifically if I had the qualifications for the job? His response was absolutely with the exception some specific product knowledge that most of their managers had to learn on the job........

Well 3 weeks later I receive a letter in the mail that they are unable to offer me a position at this time. This confused me because I already have received an offer from a major company that I have accepted. I can't imagine what they are using to define their ideal candidate.

I guess it is really their loss. I am always concerned that these MORONS in HR ultimately use salary as their screening tool instead of finding out what a candidates real goal of employment is. I have hired hondreds of people and salary is the last thing I worry about when hiring someone. If they are the right person they will make you more than they will cost you!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wayne chase

93 months ago

well that was a good thing for that person that someone looked into that persons wants as well as looking at the job, why is it that when people apply for a job that people can't even give them a call back even an email to say qualified or not.sure hope that someone does me the right way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

HR people are arrogant in Folsom, California

93 months ago

These clowns have no idea of what they are even hiring for. Except for the salary rang and a brief description of the job. No idea of what it takes to do the job. MOst often not even their own. Depend on an HR person and be greatly amazed at the stupidity when discussing the details of the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Flushing Mi in Flint, Michigan

92 months ago

wayne chase said: well i filled out an application and got no response.this noesn't seem right.why do you keep advertising the job

I have the same problem. I have applied for several asst. manager and dept. manager positions in the past two months and keep seeing the postions reposted. I have 25 years of retail management experience and think that is the problem. Home Depot, like many other companies, do not want to hire older workers that require higher salaries and higher health care costs,They advertize in AARP that they want older workers but they only want them for PT jobs, not mangement positions. The baby boomers are getting treated very poorly and should not be. Thet were the ones that worked their butts off to make companies what they are today and now get treated like dirt. The middle class and the lower class workers need to unite and put a stop to this trend before this country turns into only the poor and the rich.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunil in Old Bridge, New Jersey

92 months ago

I have applied for jobs in the Accounting dept. in NJ and have gotten zero responses. With the description of the position, they are looking for Champagne and Caviar type with beer money. Even then, they do not reply....go figure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

michiganjobblank in Clarkston, Michigan

92 months ago

It's all about lowest bid for a job nowdays. I was phone screened once by Volkswagen here in Michigan and one of her questions was "what is the lowest pay you would accept for this position?" I almost replied "what is the least amount of work I can do for you?". Well, as you might guess, I didn't get an interview because I didn't "bid" my pay low enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Mountain View, California

88 months ago

HR prof in Helena, Alabama said: I couldn't consider you for a job with spelling like that!

Thats exactly why you should EDIT everything you write!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne chase

88 months ago

Linda in Mountain View, California said: Thats exactly why you should EDIT everything you write!

like all jobs lately,just a run around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

concerned in Hauppauge, New York

88 months ago

What I don't appreciate it when they continue to post the same job one month later. Is this really a job or are they trying to get a specific amount of resume to look good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jef in Toledo, Ohio

87 months ago

What a relief to find out I'm not the only 50 something that can't get past the interview with the 'teeny bopper'!
I have over 15 years retail management experience and have applied for what seems like hundreds of positions. The interviews seem to all tend to run to the same theme, 'how is your stamina'-'you do realize we have heavy lifting in the store'-'how do you feel you will get along with various age groups' etc.
I am out of unemployment, have no health insurance and am either, too young, had too much income or whatever other excuse they come up with, to get any help.
The Source(local employment office) told me the workforce looks at baby boomers as undereducated and overexpeienced with life experience. So who came up with that???
Don't these places realize if all the baby boomers lose their jobs and can't compete in the workforce they also won't have money to spend for the products?
I am really actually physically drained from spending 8 hours a day looking for a job and 8 hours worryiong about paying bills and hoping I don't get sick and how am I going to pay for the medicines I do take and so on.
Thabks for listening!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Homer Simpson in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

87 months ago

My suggestion to all of us Boomers still looking is a focused campaign to affect their business. How many people do you know? Start telling anyone and everyone that will listen not to shop at these places. Ask your freinds to look at the ages of the people employed at all of these "W--re Retailers" nexttime they shop. The Boomers are the ones with the money but they don't employ us. STOP SHOPPING THERE!!!!!!!

TELL YOUR FREINDS AS WELL!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jef in Toledo, Ohio

87 months ago

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about notifying AARP of specific companies and post at you local senior center

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GEORGE BOES in Trenton, New Jersey

77 months ago

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A DEPT HEAD, SHE IS SUPPOSE TO LEAVE AT SIX, BUT HER MGR CALLS MEETINGS WHEN EVERYONE IS READY TO GO HOME, I HAVE THROWN OUT MANY DINNERS, ALSO THE 45-50 HOURS IS QUITE A BIT MORE ,3 NIGHTS CLOSING, WHY DO THEY LET IDIOTS LIKE THIS HAVE KEYS, A CHIMP COULD DO BETTER!!JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE KEYS ,DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN DRIVE THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Guile Kyle in Edison, New Jersey

68 months ago

I sent in my resume over a weekend and got a call back on Moday, and had an interview set up right there. I'm 23, a pretty recent college grad and went into retail management right after I graduated. I applied for the position with BB&B after getting laid off. But just because they scheduled an interview with me doesn't mean much from what I've read on here, so who knows..if they keep turning away qualified people they'll end up right where Linens 'N Things went.

Terrier Lover in Newark, New Jersey

45 months ago

I have seen ads looking for designers at BBB and Christmas Tree shops for the past year. It is the same posting over and over. I applied twice. I am qualified for the job and have the experience they're looking for, but no one has ever called me. And I only live 10 minutes from their corporate office. It seems ridiculous that they keep posting it. It seems bogus to me.

nicole in Sayreville, New Jersey

20 months ago

wayne chase said: well not everyone is perfect.you would really need to read my resume before you judge someone for there spelling

it's their

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

th in Garden City, New York

14 months ago

Guile Kyle in Edison, New Jersey said: I sent in my resume over a weekend and got a call back on Moday, and had an interview set up right there. I'm 23, a pretty recent college grad and went into retail management right after I graduated. I applied for the position with BB&B after getting laid off. But just because they scheduled an interview with me doesn't mean much from what I've read on here, so who knows..if they keep turning away qualified people they'll end up right where Linens 'N Things went.

Doubt you'll see this but I'm in a similar boat. 23, college grad, couple years retail mgm experience, considering BBB. How did things go?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.