Job Interview scheduling....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Nate in Vancouver, Washington

76 months ago

Well to start, last week i was called by best buy to schedule an interview...i was scheduled for monday 9/15/08....well something happened and the person to interview me never showed up to work. That day i called, left a msg, and was never caleld back...the next day, same thing happened. On 9/17/08, I went in there, dressed professionally, and asked for the person that scheduled the interview. she told me i would be called later that day about to reschedule the interview... i made sure my phone was never busy the entire day, and never received the call. when i went in on 9/17, i also gave them my resume and my professional references. Today is thursday 9/18, and i am wondering if anyone has had this same problem, or if they have an advice for me...should i wait another day without calling, or call tonight to check again...or should i just wait patiently with my nerves on end waiting for the call... to clarify, I have not had any interviews with Best Buy yet, except for the personality test and the one over the phone on the initial call. Thank you, and hopefully i will get the call later today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chellie in Poughkeepsie, New York

69 months ago

I went for a job interview at Best Buy. My interview was scheduled for 2:30 in the afternoon. I got there at 2:25 and told them I was there for a job interview with a specific person. I was then told the person I had the interview with was not coming in until 3:00. Asked if I could come back in a half hour. I agreed as I am presently unemployed from my last job of 7 years. I came back at 3:00 and the person still wasn't there. No one came to take care of this until 3:15. I have never in my life had to wait 45 minutes at a scheduled interview. Not only was this an issue but 2 of the employees were not sure which job to interview me for. I was told on the phone when the interview was set up it would be for customer service. Then when interviewed I was told it would not be for customer service but for loss prevention! I just think the whole experience was very unprofessional, and if I didn't need a job so bad I would have walked out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.