How to get a job at Best Buy.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1701)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Best Buy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Adriana Gates in Chicago, Illinois

92 months ago

Hi im a student from Corliss HS ; I just took the ACT and the PASE test which im a jounior, 16 about 17 netx Monday, interesting in worikin at Best Buy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (219) / No (351) Reply - Report abuse

Adriana Gates in Chicago, Illinois

92 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Best Buy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

As I walked in the store there were many pepole i will like to work and also have fun while Im at the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (311) Reply - Report abuse

David in Minneapolis, Minnesota

92 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Best Buy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

What you need to do is go to their website and apply. That is the first interview because there are a series of questions that they will ask you. The 2nd interview is when you talk to someone in the store, preferably a manager. The last interview is with the GM and then you are in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (325) / No (60) Reply - Report abuse

Smith in Hollywood, Florida

91 months ago

Just so you know, the online test is a personality test made by a company called unicru, and that test can disqualify you the second you push the apply button--and they never tell you. A suggestion I heard from someone else is that you should always say "strongly ____" if you agree or disagree with something, but I cant personally tell you if thats valid or not. Just be very very very very fast.

The other suggestion i have is that you call them up (of course) and ask them if they have any sort of hiring fair going on...at the best buy where I applied, I called them up and they told me 'well, actually, we're having a hiring fair tomorrow so just come on in', and I did, and I had an interview in 5 minutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (269) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Vero Beach, Florida

89 months ago

I applied at Best Buy a while back and received a call within 24 hours to have an interview. The manager was late to interview me, and asked me the normal questions. Describe yourself. Describe your goals, etc. Then gave me a product and asked how I would try to sell a warranty on that product. (This was dumb). I passed with flying colors then found out the pay was something like 6.75 with no guarantee on hours. I asked if I could be promised 20 hours a week, she said the average part time associate gets a maximum of 12 hours a week..so if youre looking for a reliable paycheck..Dont bother

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (201) / No (73) Reply - Report abuse

Big Daddy in Scranton, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

You need to think twice about joining this company! After 10 plus years with BBY I figured out that this is no best choice for an employer. They don't give a damn about their people. Just sell the PSP and accessories no matter what you have to tell the customer. The managers are jokes and the corporate office managers are cube junkies. Company values are great when you live them, however if your boss don't then you have a problem. Please think twice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (90) Reply - Report abuse

MC in Minneapolis, Minnesota

88 months ago

I work at HQ and it has a great corporate atmosphere that lives and preaches the values.

Retail is the heart of the organization and you can take one of those entry level jobs and grow with this company.

I have worked for Target HQ and while I really enjoyed my time and the opportunity it provided for my development, I wouldn't go back to Target if it meant leaving Best Buy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (100) Reply - Report abuse

a friend in Vandalia, Ohio

88 months ago

I have applied online, but I have not heard back yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (117) Reply - Report abuse

former BBfB in Willowbrook, Illinois

88 months ago

If you think about working for the BBFB (Best Buy for Business) segment, think again. Promises are made to get you hooked, then broken but the fallout with sales and customer reaction is your fault. For what should be a professional sales organization, find out what the turnover is - 70%+.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

big river in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Dumbass in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina said: Walk in, tell them you want a job, and if you have passed 5th grade (they probably don't even care), you're probably in. Best Buy is just a franchise to put the mentally challenged to work.

ABSOLUTELY, THE BEST COMMENT I HAVE EVER READ ON ANY OF THE JOB POSTINGS ON ANY WEB SITE......EVER! IF I WERE AN ADVERTISING EXEC, I WOULD HIRE YOU IN A NY MINUTE...FOR BOTH ORIGINAL THINKING AND CREATIVE WRITING....YOUR ACADEMY AWARD IS ON THE WAY. LOL AND ALMOST PEED MY KNICKERS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (226) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Erie, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

big river in Saint Louis, Missouri said: ABSOLUTELY, THE BEST COMMENT I HAVE EVER READ ON ANY OF THE JOB POSTINGS ON ANY WEB SITE......EVER! IF I WERE AN ADVERTISING EXEC, I WOULD HIRE YOU IN A NY MINUTE...FOR BOTH ORIGINAL THINKING AND CREATIVE WRITING....YOUR ACADEMY AWARD IS ON THE WAY. LOL AND ALMOST PEED MY KNICKERS!

I didn't break up (lol) from his comment until I read yours. I highly agree. Somehow I picture some character from the Charles Schultz "Peanuts" gang. LOL WITH TEARS!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (109) Reply - Report abuse

Deli in Saint Paul, Minnesota

87 months ago

Adriana Gates in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi im a student from Corliss HS ; I just took the ACT and the PASE test which im a jounior, 16 about 17 netx Monday, interesting in worikin at Best Buy.

Better improve your grammar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (224) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

SRBrent in Mobile, Alabama

87 months ago

I walked in to the store to apply on the computer two days ago, an hour and a half after I had subbmitted the application a manager called me for an interview. I have my interview here in about 3 hours, so I will let ya'll know what kinda mumbo jumbo they ask.

My bro had a job at best buy for a little while in the computer sales, he made 12 bucks an hour, so, guess it depends on where your at.

Wish me Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

SRBrent in Mobile, Alabama

87 months ago

I had my interview. I arrived 20 min early only to find out they werre 30 min late, so after waiting for 40 min i was ready. Was just me an the supervisor of the computer area. Just asked basic general questions. What kinda qualities can you bring to this company? What did you pick best buy? What values from your lasts job can you carry on to this one? if you see another employee stealing what do you do. Those basic questions. I brought in a resume and he liked that. He stepped out for about 15 min to talk to the general manager, come back in and said he would like to see me working with the Geek Squad, he said theres 3 steps to best buy's interview process. Step one is the general interview, what i had today. 2nd step is the more technical interview with the general manager and whoever is incharge of the area they want to put me in. The third interview is job palcement and all the details when i work, how much i get paid, and such.

My next interview is in about 3 days, i'll let ya'll know what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (175) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

liljc91091 in Mobile, Alabama

87 months ago

How long does it take for them to get back with you if you applied online

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (55) Reply - Report abuse

liljc91091 in Mobile, Alabama

87 months ago

they told me you dont apply at the store you apply online is that tru

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Wes Watts in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

I am trying to find an application for the Best Buy online. I couldn't find. This evening, I was at the Best Buy for shopping. A guy mentioned me there is job position, he suggested me to use on-line for an application. But I couldn't find it. Please advice me how to do. I am interested to work part time job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (65) Reply - Report abuse

SRBrenton in Mobile, Alabama

87 months ago

I went in and asked the same thing. If you go into the store there should be a few customer computers in the computer products area, gernerally around the laptops and printers. These arn't the comuters for sale, these are the ones that usually are selling high speed internet, they usually will have an ad next to them saying try out high speed internet or something like that. This is the same computer you may have used in the past to look through all the software/ pc games that is available at best buy. Usually on that computer there is a link on the bottom row that will say jobs/careers or something similar. Just visit your store and ask a computer sales employee which computer you can use to apply for employment. I asked a couple other employees who weren't in the computer area and they had no clue. Just got to find the right one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

hey liljc91091, I see your from mobile. I got a call about an hour and a half after I walked out of the store from applying. I think theres two best buys around our area one there in mobile and one in spanish fort. You will probably have a good chance at the one there on mobile they told me they are hiring people in most of the positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

mnm in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Adriana Gates in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi im a student from Corliss HS ; I just took the ACT and the PASE test which im a jounior, 16 about 17 netx Monday, interesting in worikin at Best Buy.

hopefully shes a good worker , because she sure can't spell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

teach in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Deli in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Better improve your grammar.

they let someone that DUMB take the act

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (64) Reply - Report abuse

teach in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Dumbass in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina said: Walk in, tell them you want a job, and if you have passed 5th grade (they probably don't even care), you're probably in. Best Buy is just a franchise to put the mentally challenged to work.

tell him to come to pennsylvania he'll fit in up here to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

You have a point about the 5th grade thing. I had my 2nd interview today, with the General manager and the so called, geek agent CIA or something like that, the manager whos ahead of all the geek squad. They looked through my resume, asked me a few basic questions then on to the technical questions. They asked me two technicall questions, and here i was expecting something slightly challenging. He said, "have you ever built a computer?", I said yeah and explained to him the steps involved, his next question was a scenario. He said, "A customer comes up to you, complaining about problems of slow performance, what do you tell them?".. haha, I said, well, its most likely virus and spyware, then i went on about ram. You know, just the basic stuff that most everyday computer junkie would know, he said, "well you answered all my technical questions, you seem to know alot about computers".. so, in all honesty, I could have probably got this job in the 5th grade... oh well, 12 bucks an hour isn't bad starting out pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

randl75 in Garland, Texas

87 months ago

Thanks SRBrenton for sharing your experience. Does any one know how much do they start their supervisors at? Frankly, waiting for the third interview, like you mentioned, to know about the pay isnt what anybody wants. Thanks agian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanie in Augusta, Maine

87 months ago

Most companies use this type of "test" to see whether or not you are qualified. My hubby works for another retailer and is not allowed to tell the person if they've "failed" the test. It's against company policy. It's not just a personality test, it's a test to see your honesty and find out how you operate. Like when they ask "What would you do if you found a penny on the sales floor? A. pocket it B. give it to a manager or C. leave it...for sure, don't answer pocket it...you'll fail automatically. A penny is a penny!

I worked for BB 7 or 8 years ago, I made pretty good money and job was okay, but I don't think I'd go back.

Smith in Hollywood, Florida said: Just so you know, the online test is a personality test made by a company called unicru, and that test can disqualify you the second you push the apply button--and they never tell you. A suggestion I heard from someone else is that you should always say "strongly ____" if you agree or disagree with something, but I cant personally tell you if thats valid or not. Just be very very very very fast.

The other suggestion i have is that you call them up (of course) and ask them if they have any sort of hiring fair going on...at the best buy where I applied, I called them up and they told me 'well, actually, we're having a hiring fair tomorrow so just come on in', and I did, and I had an interview in 5 minutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Des in El Centro, California

87 months ago

I had my second interview with best buy yesterday and they called me today for my third interview. what should i expect for my third interview ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Codenerd in Wilmington, North Carolina

87 months ago

I'm glad I saw your post. I was encouraged by a friend to apply for the Geek Squad. And like you I'm a little older as well. However, if what you say is true and they are going to practice such blatant age discrimination then I'll look elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

deadendgeek in Orem, Utah

87 months ago

I currently work for Geek Squad and have been employed with Best Buy for almost 2.5 years. Here are a few tips on the company and the application process:

First, the personality test...you will score higher if you answer with "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree." They want to see that you are discisive and not wishy-washy. There are 3 interviews to pass. One is with the department supervisor, the second with whatever manager is delegated to that department, and the third is with the General Manager. The first two interviews are sometimes combined into one. They consist of getting to know you so as to be sure that you would be compatible with the rest of the current team, assess your knowledge of the department, assess your sales skills, and ask other basic interview questions consistant with any preliminary job interview meant to help compare and contrast you to other applicants. The GM-3rd (as the final interview is known), if you get that far, means you are pretty much hired. The GM will ask a series of questions focused on assessing your level of honesty. It is actually considered as one of the major ways of preventing internal theft. This is where the job offer and salary discussion will happen. After this...you're in...

I will make another post regarding the company itself...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

deadendgeek in Orem, Utah

87 months ago

As for the company itself:

Pay is competitive. I made more starting on the sales floor at Best Buy part time than I made after 2 years in a supervisory positiong at CompUSA. Full-time is considered a "promotion," but these positions are few and far between. Actual promotions into senior or supervisor spots are even more difficult to come by. Also, there are regulations as to who is allowed to apply for certain positions. For example, you cannot change job codes more than once every 3 months, and you cannot apply for a management position unless you make a lateral transfer directly from another retail chain as in management position to equal management position or unless you have been in a supervisory position under that particular management position for a particular period of time. This can be very limiting in terms of moving up within the company. Benefits are good...if you can get them. The employee discount, employee stock purchase program, 401K and "Blue Crew" benefits are availible to all employees...though "blue crew" is kind of like a profit sharing program and for many employees is more of an empty promise hoping to increase employee retention. Full time employees are given various types of PTO (though you may not use any form of PTO between about 1 Nov and 25 Jan), health, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement (though again there are very strick limits), adoption mediation, etc... Managers and supervisors get monthly bonuses based on sales performance. Also availible to all employees are a variety of accomodations provided by various vendors and other chains such as discounts of cell phone service or internet, deals on travel and accomodations, and free contests with pretty good prizes. As far as a retail chain goes...Best Buy is one of the best to work for. Again, don't expect to move up very quickly unless you don't mind sitting in a part time spot for a while. Be aware that like any other business...full time is the first to get cut.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Krupski in Orchard Park, New York

86 months ago

does anybody know if there is a limit on how many times you may submit an application in a given amount of time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

willpshack in norfolk, Virginia

86 months ago

what kind of requirements do they have for their Geek Squad people? I'm wondering if they require certifications or anything like that. I built my own computer a few years ago and have been adding to it constantly. I had some help initially, but what exactly is it they want you to know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Hi will. GeekSquad has no requirements. Just really that you have some kind of basic knowledge of computers. I just got hired on at Geek Squad last week. Through my interviews I asked about the requirements, especially if they require an A+ Certification, but they dont, they require none. They said eventually it would be good to be A+ certified if you become the double agent (the dude who goes out to homes and business to repair PCs), they said just incase a customer were to wonder if you were certfied. But as far as in the store, known.

During my interview with the Geek Squad Supervisor and Manager they just asked me a couple basic questions, If a computer is running slow and laggs what most likely is the cause? Obviouse viruses and spyware. That was all they asked me, and they liked that answer, simple as that. Really not much to worry about, most likely those who interview you probably know less about computers then you do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Read a few of my posts above I wrote a little information about each of my 3 interviews I had. also one good thing best buy offers, which im not sure if you would be interested in this or not, but they offer tuition reimbursement. Its a good place to start especially if you want a career in computers, you will gain the sales and technical experience, and be offered tuittion reimbursement (if a full-timer).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Thanks for the info, my tuition is already taken care of and I'd probably be a part-timer, just need money to pay for everything else; rent, bills, food, etc. Plus a discount on computer parts and electronics would be nice. I guess the "supervisors" are probably more of the management type than the practical knowledge type, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

JAO1988 in Joliet, Illinois

86 months ago

I just applied tp BB yesterday and withing 6 hours they called me back . the girl on the phone asked me a few questions. and asked me to come to a job fair they are having tomorrow for an interview. so does that make the ophone call the 1st interview and tomorrow my second?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

No, it should mean that tomarrow will be your first interview. Usually the first is with just a manager, I think mostly they said its the loss provention manager, the second interview will be with either the supervisor or manager of the specific area they want to put you in. The third would be with the general manager. If you make it past the second and to the third that usually means your in.

This message goes for willpshack. Best buy has got probably the best dicount out of any company. My borther worked at circuit city for years, their discount is 15% off everything. Best buys discount is, Best Buys Average Cost of their products, plus 5%. so if they say, make their comptuers up 40% from the cost they buy it from the warehouse for, then you get it at their cost plus 5%, so basically you would get 35% off. Their mobile car audio and electronics they said they mark up 60%.. so you would get 55% off of those. Some items they barely mark up at all, and it would be cheaper to buy it at regular price then employee price.

and also, usually the supervisors are pretty knowledgeable in their areas. The manager over the comptuer sells knows a lot about computers. so, I guess it just depends. All I know really is that the manager over the Geeks heree doens't know much at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Alright, I've got a resume together, when you did your interviews did you dress up . Suit and tie, or collard shirt and khakis?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

JeanieG in Winslow, Maine

86 months ago

Any time you go into a place for a job, you should always dress up! Even if you're just going in to pick up an application, or to drop off your resume, dress like you're going in for an interview. Also, bring a copy of your previous work contact info, start/end dates, pay beginning/end amounts, references, or any other information that they might ask on a application. It's better to be overprepared, then underprepared and have to guess at stuff!Remember, first impressions count!

I work in a place where we recently hired 4 new staff. I was appalled at the dress that some people wore to drop off resumes, jeans, shirts with stains. Disgusting! I hate dressing up too, but come on...

Also, don't forget to follow the instructions on how they prefer your application. Don't drop it off or call if they say not to - it's tacky!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Crabb in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

86 months ago

Take the on line survey/application. The day after that go into the store and ask to speak to the manager on duty. If you can't score high enough on the application/survey you're done. If you follow up with the MOD you're on the right track. No suit/skirt necessary, but no jeans or shorts. Think about who you, or your parents would buy a $5000 home theater from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

eckline in Mayer, Arizona

86 months ago

I appled online for a new best buy being built and the manager called me back 2 hours later, i went to the interview and he said ok, your hired all you need to do is get a drug test, so does that mean i dont have to go to any more interviews? Also since this is the first time the store is being open were going to do things like going to this theme park for the day for free to meet and get to know people who are going to be working with us etc..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

It most likely means that there will be no more interviews yes. Well as far as my expeerience goes. I had 3 interviews. First was supposed to be with the LP Manager but instead it was the Computer Sales Sup. Second interview was a more technical interview, I was interviewed by the Manger of the Geek Squad and the Sup of the Geek Squad (becuase I got hired into the Geek Squad), second interciew is usually an inview with the manager of the specific department they want to put you. Then I had the third with the General Manager. Supposedly if you make it passed the second interview, your pretty much hired. After the 3rd interview with the GM I was told to come back and pick up the papers for my Drug Test. I did that, then was called in to speak with some other manager. She just told me that I got full time, in the geek squad, and told me how much I'll make.

Basically Yes, if you took the drug test thats all the interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

for an update fronm my last post.
wen they called me back and asked me things that WAS the first interview then i went in a talked to some guy for my second n then he told me to wait for the gm, which was my 3rd interview.
So now im just waiting for this weekend which is orientation, which leads to a new questino. What exactly does that involve? Will i just be learning what I'm going to do and that's it? OR is tehre more to it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Smb2886 in Staten Island, New York

86 months ago

I had my interview today and i was glad to find out that i will have my third interview tomorrow which made no sense since my first one was today which mean the application counts as your first and my second one was today lmao anyways someone mention that if you get a third interview it mean you got the job is this true ??????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

pretty much. The GM where i applied pretty much told me that since i made it that far then i was all set.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

lexicon923 in Elon, North Carolina

86 months ago

Hows it going guys. Thanks for a lot for the help with these questions, especially SRBrenton, you are very helpful. I just had a question for anybody who made it to the second interview. Today, I had my first interview which lasted for maybe ten min. He said i fit in perfect for the media department (gaming/movies) since I worked at a Blockbuster Gamerush and I am majoring in Cinema. He said my second interview will be Friday. What should I do to prepare for this interview on Media? I clearly should my appreciation for the customers and how I am organized and energetic, so that personality stuff is out of the way, what should I do to get a step up on my fellow applicant, who I actually saw as I was leaving after my Interview?

Thanks for the Help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

joshhsays in Kenosha, Wisconsin

86 months ago

i just went in for an interview today at Best Buy. I applied online and they called me about 3 days after that (and if you don't pass the online quiz then you probably shouldn't work anywhere!) I went inside, and, thinking 20 minutes early was smart turned into a 45 minute wait. Finally this younger ladycomes out of "The Hub" and off the the interview. I highly recommend thinking over your strengths and goals before going in because they ask alot of questions-Examples: How can you help a customer feel like you're not trying to take their money?
dumb- What should the consequence be for stealing 15 from the register?
What are 2 of your strengths, and two of your weaknesses, or places to do better?
What can you bring to the team that it would benefit from?
in conclusion, just talk about how you're a "people-person" and are very easily approachable with issues. have fun

p.s. - oh yeah, they hired me right there for seasonal, but she said ill stay after too :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Smb2886 in Staten Island, New York

86 months ago

well my interview with the gm was much like my interview with the other manager but i don 't think i got it because he told me what he was going to do was finish the rest of the interviews and if the job was mine i would get a call on friday of this week and if i don't get a call it mean the position was filled so i didn't get it oh well back to the drawing board

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Te Awamutu in Anne Arundel, Maryland

86 months ago

Best Buy - they do a pretty good job of selling how cool it is to work there. And putting age discrimination aside, if you are of high school/college age, it's not a bad part-time job.
Making it a career - that's a different story. I went in to a department - and if I name it it will give it away - but it's supposed to be one of the few "career"-based positions at the store (I'm excluding management). However, at least at my store, the top-heavy management staff seemed to be completely obsessed with the lunch time punch ins and outs.
As I was being recruited, the GM told me how valued I would be if I was the type of employee who made suggestions that improved processes or saved money. I spend MANY hours and submitted at least 3 different proposals and I received not so much as a "thanks". These were well thought-out, clearly laid out ideas that would increase awareness in some of the services offered that aren't as widely known, as one example.
Well, after working a 3rd double shift in a week, manning a department solo that is supposed to have minimum 3 people (plus we were nearing the holidays), I had a day were I forget the EXACT TIME I went to lunch. I knew I took LESS then half an hour, but it really was that busy and I was that tired, and two days later is when I had to make the guess.
I was called into at least 5 different meetings about this, and I finally said enough was enough. I was never going to have my ideas looked at, there were people there that were very good that had been there for 5/10 years, and passed over for promotions, and this insinuation that I was "stealing time" from the company - enough was enough. Real product was pouring out of the store and these guys are sitting around "meeting" about, if it was even true, what amounted to less than a dollar!
Plus the bait and switch tactics to get people in the store (advertisement laptops at 499 that they had no intention of stocking) and the "fake internet site". dont stay too long!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Eble in Oak Lawn, Illinois

86 months ago

I just did the online application yesterday. I don't think I did bad on it. I went into the Bestbuy today and talked to the manager that would be hiring. He took my name and said he got my application BUT there are a few things that still need to "line up" Im still kinda nervous since this is my first job. I really hope I get the job, stock, flore what ever. Anyone know my chances?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.