How to get a job at Biogen Idec.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you work at Biogen Idec? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

truth in Durham, North Carolina

76 months ago

This company presents themselves wonderfully to the interviewee and oddly will interview people who are well qualified for the positions that are open. When it comes to offering the positions they only are hiring people who are fresh out of college with no experiece that they can mold into "company clones." They absolutely do not, and will not hire you if you have years of experience and qualifications for the positions they are advertising for and if you are over the age of 40. Does it seem discrimanatory? You bet, but somehow they are getting away with it over and over again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Marla B. in Newton, Massachusetts

73 months ago

I just got hired at the Cambridge location. I am 56 years old, so age discrimination was not a factor, though it was certainly something I was concerned with. I have years of experience in my field - that's what impressed them and resulted in an offer. I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with - they certainly didn't seem like "clones." They asked me tons of "behavioral" type questions - how I would act in different and sometimes difficult situations. I actually like those types of questions, they're fun to answer, though sometimes silly. I have nothing but positive things to say about them, the HR department, and the whole process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa freeman in Cambridge, Massachusetts

14 months ago

Marla B. in Newton, Massachusetts said: I just got hired at the Cambridge location. I am 56 years old, so age discrimination was not a factor, though it was certainly something I was concerned with. I have years of experience in my field - that's what impressed them and resulted in an offer. I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with - they certainly didn't seem like "clones." They asked me tons of "behavioral" type questions - how I would act in different and sometimes difficult situations. I actually like those types of questions, they're fun to answer, though sometimes silly. I have nothing but positive things to say about them, the HR department, and the whole process.

Lisa freeman I live in Brighton ,Mass I am look for a job at biogen Idec as lab assistant I will be return to college in the fall 2013 . and i am look for a full-time job as a biology assistant,chemistry, molecule in biology/ Environmental studies, here is my back ground is Science , but i am look for a
internship so i can get more experience in my field. I do have 2 year experiences work as a environmental lab assistant at Mass Bay Community College.please you can help get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carlos B. (PD Assoc. Engineer) in Boston, Massachusetts

14 months ago

So out of the replies above, no one has answered the most critical question..."how did you get the interview?". I too have applied to Biogen and I'm very eager to hear back from a hiring manager. I consider myself to be talented, energized, and eager to learn and share my talents with the company. However, I'm not having any luck finding a way to follow up with someone in HR or recruitment. My question is simply a re-iteration of the initial question...How does one get the interview, especially if there is not a way to follow up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa freeman in Cambridge, Massachusetts

13 months ago

how would I get a lab assistant support job or lab technician.i have 2 year experience work in Mass Bay Community college as environmental Science and Biology. and how would i get interview to meet face to fact. what are compancy look for as a job seeker. my dream for a job is work in a lab field , and also i have soil testing, water testing food analysis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.