How to get a job at Blockbuster.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you work at Blockbuster? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

applicant in Chico, California

87 months ago

I am begining to think that this company is having difficulties. I have strong credentials that are highly competetive however I can't get the time of day from them. I have met a few of the District Managers in two areas. After my conversations I have concluded that a strong history is NOT what they want. In my research I have seen stores and managers that struggle over basics and hold themselves above customers and the services they are supposed to provide. I would have to conclude that NO response from BlockBuster..is a favor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

R U Kidding? in Silver Spring, Maryland

86 months ago

Ok, Blockbuster is a joke. I have a 25 year background in retail and multi-unit management experience. I would have drove thier business through the roof! HOWEVER since I said a word they didnt like during the interview for a DM position, I was rejected. A slang word for "crazy" while describing an employee corrective action. They can not expect the candidates that they interview to be ready made and speak "Blockbusternese". They nned to open thier eyes. Look for attitudes not verbiage!!!! Another guy got cut because he took notes at the wrong time?? That's like saying "every question is a dumb one". Anyway thier loss. PS. funny when you see the standard of the current employees!!!!! Blessing for me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

kyle barrett in Seattle, Washington

84 months ago

geting a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

exemployee in Carmel, New York

76 months ago

For the love of all that is holy pls dont get a job in the black hole that is Blockbuster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

James W White in Tomball, Texas

47 months ago

what are they doing to get the illeagles out of this country?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.