BLOOMBERG Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BLOOMBERG?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Manny in Somerset, New Jersey

89 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BLOOMBERG?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Hi,
I had an interview with BLOOMBERG last week for an entry level data analyst position. The phone interview questions were very typical, ex. What do you know about Bloomberg? Why did you pick Bloomberg? Who are our cliets?
The onsite interview was very typical as well, but alittle more on your background. An example: What skills do you have? Why should we hire you instead of all the other candiates?

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (231) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

deniz d in Brooklyn, New York

84 months ago

Hi there,

I am going in for an equity researcher position. Does anyone know what kind of finance questions they ask on the on-site interviews?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

AM in Franklin Square, New York

77 months ago

I worked for Bloomberg for several years, and I remember the interview process as being tougher than at most companies. One of the questions HR asked was "Why do you want to work at Bloomberg?". When I said it was because Bloomberg was such a great company, (and gave some examples why) they responded with "Well if you think it's so great, how come you never applied here before?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (153) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

shobhit in Boston, Massachusetts

69 months ago

Hi Mary,

Do you have an interview scheduled with them? Can you share the information you got, about the quetions?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mary jaine in New York, New York

69 months ago

Hi,
I would love to share information but I don't have it.I'm looking for someone who can help me .Can you?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

hehan zhang in Allston, Massachusetts

69 months ago

geetha123 in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Hi,
Did anyone ever have a second round phone interview with Bloomberg? I had my first one which was technical and I got a mail saying they need to have one more phone interview with me. If anyone had a second round phone interview with them, can you please tell me what were they interested in ?

Hi,

I will have an interview next week for Research and Development Department. Can you please share your interview experience for the first round with me?

zhanghehan@gmail.com

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Hi,
Did somebody have technical test online with Bloomberg?
Could share information? Please
maryjaine14@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Rahul11gade in Logan, Utah

69 months ago

Hi,
Even I got a call for online technical Interview, can anyone tell me what type of questions I can expect in the interview.
If possible mail me at gade11rahul@rediffmail.com

Thanks,
Rahul Gade

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hi,Amrit,
Well , how was your assessment?
Any comments?
Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sravani Duggirala in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

68 months ago

Hi Geetha,could you tell me how was your online technical assessment test?What language did you choose for the test?I have mine scheduled this week.

could you please share your experience at sravaniduggirala@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

louiswang in Morgantown, West Virginia

67 months ago

mary jaine in New York, New York said: Hi,Amrit,
Well , how was your assessment?
Any comments?
Mary

how's your interview? wish you can share some information with me ,thans a lot!
wangluyi1982@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ramya ravikumar in Edinburgh, United Kingdom

67 months ago

Hello guys,
I have been invited for an online skills assessment from bloomberg.I have no clue about how its going to be.Can anyone please give some insight about it.What should I prepare?

Hi geeta ...could u please tell me about it?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

priya_123 in California

66 months ago

geetha123 in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Hi,
Did anyone ever have a second round phone interview with Bloomberg? I had my first one which was technical and I got a mail saying they need to have one more phone interview with me. If anyone had a second round phone interview with them, can you please tell me what were they interested in ?

Hi,

I had my second round phone interview with bloomberg recently.I would like to know if this is the final round or do they have more.My second round was more HR oriented.Can you also please share your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ademar Rosa in Sao Paulo, Brazil

65 months ago

Hi guys!! Well, on April 6th I had my first phone interview with Bloomberg and it was HR oriented. fews days(April 14th)later I've received a call from their office in Sao Paulo-Brazil saying that they would like to interview me on site. I had an interview in English, Spanish and Portuguese with the managers... it was tough but I did well I guess. They called me again on April 23rd for one more phone interview...I think it's strange because I already had an on site interview, and they called me for another phone interview with somebody from the HR in NY...anyway I'm still waiting for news...Does anybody knows if it is normal have another phone interview after you have an on site interview?? By the way I've applied for a position in the Exchange Pricing Support team.
Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

RJMFSP in Prime, Portugal

56 months ago

Hello Ademar:

I am going to have a presencial interview in São Paulo ( I already had 2 phone interviews). Can you give me some advises and maybe share some questions that they made you? Even though I am applying for a different job ( the Financial Sales & Analytics Training Program) can you or anyone give me some tips for this on site interview?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Pinto.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Maevazara in Vienna, Austria

52 months ago

RJMFSP in Prime, Portugal said: Hello Ademar:

I am going to have a presencial interview in São Paulo ( I already had 2 phone interviews). Can you give me some advises and maybe share some questions that they made you? Even though I am applying for a different job ( the Financial Sales & Analytics Training Program) can you or anyone give me some tips for this on site interview?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Pinto.

Hello Ricardo,

I am having an interview (the first on the phone) for the Analyst and financial sales program in London next wednesday, so I am very interested in knowing what kind of questions you had, how many rounds?

I am very stressed and hope you can give me some advices (maevazara@hotmail.com)

thank you very much in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Parker Y. in Central District, Hong Kong

51 months ago

Had 1st interview for Global Data position in HK. It was a group interview of 20 people. After a short video, recruiter presentation, and Q&A session, everyone gave a 30-sec self introduction before moving to group discussion.

Group discussion format consisted of 4 or 5 people at the front of the room and are given a topic/question, which they have to discuss and provide a conclusion on an agreed consensus within 6-8 minutes while everyone else watched. Once that group was finished, another group (assigned by recruiter) goes up, and is given a different discussion topic.

Bloomberg really wants to see the level of candidates' communication skills (in English), and based on this 1st round, people will be selected for subsequent 1 on 1 interviews, altogether 4 or 5 interviews in the selection process.

The company said they had no quota on how many candidates to select from the 1st round, and so it is technically possible that they select no one from this group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nebil in München, Germany

51 months ago

Hey Guys,

next week i have an interview for an entry level position as a New Energy Business Analyst.

Has anyone have an advice what questions besides the typical HR questions (why bloomberg, what do you know about bloomberg, ...) they're going to ask the candidates?

Are there any cases which needed to be solved and what kind of specific financial questions (basic financial questions) they're going to ask as well as technical questions?

many thanks in advance.

nyc.idris@gmx.de

cheers nebil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eusituk in Rome, Italy

49 months ago

Hello guys, I need help.

I have a phone interview tomorrow afternoon. Can anyone help me find out news about what Bloomberg is doing?I have looked through their website but I could not find anything that is not about other companies.

Also, what questions should I expect the most?

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Pedro in Porto, Portugal

46 months ago

Hello,

I already had 1 phone interview and I am going to have a presencial interview in São Paulo.

Can you give me some advises and maybe share some questions that they made you?

can you give me some tips for this on site interview?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pedro in Porto, Portugal

46 months ago

Hello,

I already had 1 phone interview and I am going to have a presencial interview in São Paulo.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

George in Singapore, Singapore

43 months ago

Parker Y. in Central District, Hong Kong said: Had 1st interview for Global Data position in HK. It was a group interview of 20 people. After a short video, recruiter presentation, and Q&A session, everyone gave a 30-sec self introduction before moving to group discussion.

Group discussion format consisted of 4 or 5 people at the front of the room and are given a topic/question, which they have to discuss and provide a conclusion on an agreed consensus within 6-8 minutes while everyone else watched. Once that group was finished, another group (assigned by recruiter) goes up, and is given a different discussion topic.

Bloomberg really wants to see the level of candidates' communication skills (in English), and based on this 1st round, people will be selected for subsequent 1 on 1 interviews, altogether 4 or 5 interviews in the selection process.

The company said they had no quota on how many candidates to select from the 1st round, and so it is technically possible that they select no one from this group.

How long did they take to get back to your about the job status, after the Group Discussion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aniri in London, United Kingdom

41 months ago

Guys I need help! i passed the phone interview at the global data position at bloomberg and now I have to go at an interview tomorrow. I am really really scared because I saw that there will be a general finance test and I don't know what to expect. The girl on the phone told me that there will be no test but when she sent me the email tit was specified that thee will be a test. i don't know what to believe anymore. Anyone knows something about this?
Thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shahid Ali in Stamford, Connecticut

40 months ago

Guys i need some professional opinions on a phone interview for a Global Technical Support Representative position in NY which will held on next week. Anybody mind sharing any tips? I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
Shahid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Cleveland, Ohio

39 months ago

Hey, Guys,

I will have a financial software developer (entry level ) interview from Bloomberg next week. Could anyone tell me what the 1st, 2nd and 3rd interviews will be for software developer at Bloomberg?

Thanks!

Dan

Daniel in Cleveland, Ohio

39 months ago

Hey, Guys,

I will have a financial software developer (entry level ) interview from Bloomberg next week. Could anyone tell me what the 1st, 2nd and 3rd interviews will be for software developer at Bloomberg?

My email is shennaltiannho@hotmail.com. Feel free to email me the information!

Thanks!

Dan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Sofia, Bulgaria

37 months ago

Aniri in London, United Kingdom said: Guys I need help! i passed the phone interview at the global data position at bloomberg and now I have to go at an interview tomorrow. I am really really scared because I saw that there will be a general finance test and I don't know what to expect. The girl on the phone told me that there will be no test but when she sent me the email tit was specified that thee will be a test. i don't know what to believe anymore. Anyone knows something about this?
Thx

Hi Aniri, I bet there was some finance at this assessment. Can you give me any advice? I also wonder if you started working there and what do you think about the program as whole? Thanks...

bianca.janine in Berlin, Germany

37 months ago

Adam in Sofia, Bulgaria said: Hi Aniri, I bet there was some finance at this assessment. Can you give me any advice? I also wonder if you started working there and what do you think about the program as whole? Thanks...

Hi Adam, did you get any reply from Aniri? I am scheduled to fly over to London for the 'assessment' on October. Yourself?

Cheers.

f.cohen in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

36 months ago

Hey Guys,

I am applying to the sales & analytics program in São Paulo. I did the phone interwiew with the HR from New York. Does anyone knows what can i expect from the first round interview? What questions does they usually make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Junior in São Paulo, Brazil

36 months ago

Hi,

I also have applied to the sales/analytics programme in SP, and I have the telephone interview next week. Could you tell me about what they ask you in the phone interview please?

Thanks

Mário in Lisbon, Portugal

36 months ago

Pedro in Porto, Portugal said: Hello,

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Olá Pedro,

Vi aqui no forum que ias ter uma entrevista em São Paulo para a Bloomberg. Como correu? que tipo de entrevista te fizeram? Achas que vale a pena a oferta deles?

Muito obrigado pelo feedback que possas dar.

Mário

Mário in Lisbon, Portugal

36 months ago

RJMFSP in Prime, Portugal said: Hello Ademar:

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Pinto.

Olá Ricardo,

Conseguiste ficar com a vaga?

Como foi a entrevista presencial? Muitas perguntas pessoais ou mais de conhecimentos relacionados com os mercados?

Qual foi a impressão com que ficaste da empresa em São Paulo?

Muito obrigado por todo o feedback que possas partilhar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Ho in Kowloon, Hong Kong

36 months ago

Hey Parker,

I will have group interview for global data training program. Can you gimme some advice??
Thank you so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

msafri in Toronto, Ontario

35 months ago

I applied for the Entry level financial software developer position. The online technical assesment questions were all C++ related, OOP concepts, finding bugs with sample programs. Also, a lot of STL questions were asked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VM in Hyattsville, Maryland

35 months ago

Hi
I applied for the post of a Financial Application Engineer and now I am supposed to take the assessment test. Can someone tell in general what is this assessment like and what one can expect.
Also how many hour-test is it.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Isha in Delhi, India

33 months ago

Neel Daniel in Connecticut said: Hi Sravani,

I have online assessment test.

Could you share your experience with me (neel.daniel@yahoo.com)?

Thanks

Neel

Hi can you pls share your experience.I have online assessment test.(ishac89@gmail.com)
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Singapore, Singapore

33 months ago

Parker Y. in Central District, Hong Kong said: Had 1st interview for Global Data position in HK. It was a group interview of 20 people. After a short video, recruiter presentation, and Q&A session, everyone gave a 30-sec self introduction before moving to group discussion.

Hi sorry I will have a similar interview on Thursday, can you tell me what kind of discussion topic were? like customer service or others? can you give me some examples please?

ME in San Francisco, California

32 months ago

VM in Hyattsville, Maryland said: Hi
I applied for the post of a Financial Application Engineer and now I am supposed to take the assessment test. Can someone tell in general what is this assessment like and what one can expect.
Also how many hour-test is it.

Thanks

I will have a similar test, can you tell me what was the assessment test like?
tnx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

manasa in Arlington, Texas

30 months ago

Hi i have a similar test. Can anyone tell me what the test like?

Thank you

manasa in Arlington, Texas

30 months ago

email me at maansy@gmail.com

faisal in New Delhi, India

16 months ago

please can somebody help me in telling that what kind of questions r asked in bloomberg for internship positions in india

ibk in Jönköping, Sweden

15 months ago

Hey!

I applied to Equity Data Analyst position in London and I got a phone interview with HR. Now they want me to stop by their office for a video interview with London office. I will be making the interview with one of the analysts and team lear for Global Data.
Please let me know what kind of interview it will be and what kind of questions should I expect?

Thank you...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.