Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

angelamullins in St. Louis, Missouri

84 months ago

I applied for a job with boeing that closed on April 28, 2010 and wanted to know how soon after the announcement closes would you hear anything from someone at boeing. I am still under consideration. Is there a way to find out if they are still looking to hire someone or if they are just waiting for the person they may have in mind to accept the job offer.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jason in Derby, Kansas

84 months ago

After I applied, it was about a month or so until I received another Email with another application to fill out. I filled that out and about 2 weeks later, I got a call for an interview. I interviewed, but didn't get the job. There's no doubt in my mind that you have to know someobody at Boeing to get a job there. I applied for a security officer. I am retired military, been a reserve police officer, currently work for the Kansas Department of Corrections as a corrections officer for the last 17 years, been to a police academy and didn't get hired...there were 4 positions open, too. I felt real good when I left the interview and really thought I'd get called. But, no. The Captain interviewing me had been there for 8 years and his Father had been there for 35 years. Do you think he may have helped his son get the job?????? Good Luck!

Reply - Report abuse

BCAengineer in California

84 months ago

This topic has been discussed in detail in other threads if you search back but to answer your question in order to find out my status I would simply email the hiring manager or person that set up your interview. In all of my interviews with Boeing, this has been my main source of communication. From my own experience and talking with other people it seems as though potential candidates remain "under consideration" until the chosen candidate officially accepts the offer. The soonest I've heard anything was 1-2 weeks. But I have a friend that was under consideration for three or four months before he was no longer under consideration. It seems like a slow process - a waiting game.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well I got the congrats e-mail to fill out an application on line. So I am still under consideration. But this was for a job that closed in September 2010. I am still under consideration for the job that closed in April 2010. Not sure about that one. But will keep crossing my fingers for a call about an interview.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sherman
The position is Office Administrator C - Law/Legal Administration located in St. Louis, MO. I have not had an interview, just an e-mail to fill out the application.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.