Boeing background/medical questions PLEASE HELP!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

GregB in Lake Stevens, Washington

32 months ago

I received a contingent offer today, I was going through the various forms I was sent when I came across a medical form. The form was asking all sorts of questions about my medical history.
Has anyone heard of anyone ever having a job offer rescinded because of someone's medical history? I take medication for mild depression, I don't want them to think I'm a nut, but I don't want to have the job offer rescinded! do they get a copy of your medical records from previous employers and/or your doctors to verify what you've disclosed??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bolo in Beverly Hills, California

32 months ago

No they do not check or verify. Just to be on the safe side and if you don't want them to conjecture that you're unstable, don't mention anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

greg in Lake Stevens, Washington

32 months ago

thanks....

Bolo in Beverly Hills, California

31 months ago

Since I'm from CA, we're allowed to request the exact documents that Verifications Inc. sends to Boeing. I was just curious as to exactly what was checked and what type of detailed personal info shows up, so I asked for them to send me a copy last week. It's quite interesting to see what is there and what is not there, what was checked and what was not checked.

I'm not sure if people from other states can get their background checks sent to them once they're complete, but if you're a resident in CA, you have the right to obtain these documents.

not so lucky in Bonney Lake, Washington

31 months ago

do you have to list all jobs? would if you only worked for a company for 3-4 weeks do you have to put it down on the application.

6 credits short in Seatac, Washington

28 months ago

GregB in Lake Stevens, Washington said: I received a contingent offer today, I was going through the various forms I was sent when I came across a medical form. The form was asking all sorts of questions about my medical history.
Has anyone heard of anyone ever having a job offer rescinded because of someone's medical history? I take medication for mild depression, I don't want them to think I'm a nut, but I don't want to have the job offer rescinded! do they get a copy of your medical records from previous employers and/or your doctors to verify what you've disclosed??

On the medical part yes. But here is where they get you
Has anyone been hired after the background check showed you lied about your degree. Even tho the job did not require one. I was six credits short of my degree I dropped out of school in the early 90's when I found out I was HIV Poz. No need to finish if you'll be dead in ten years but meds came along and I'm still here. rather than have to exsplaing why I didn't not finish my degree I just put finished I didn't think it would matter, the job did not require on. And I new that if I explained why I didn't finish at the interview I probable would not get the job. Boeing found out. I tried to exsplaing but the guy on the phone was very rude. He interrupted me several times. And than said I lied so they withdrew the offer, the funny thing is, this is the same job and plant that I work in 1998. I think they found out about my HIV by my answering the medical questions and putting down what meds I'm taking. They can't discriminate since HIV in a disability, they found anther excuses not to hire me. Ya what a compassionate company lets kick a guy when he is already down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Moee in snohomish, Washington

24 months ago

I do not think they discriminated based on HIV. You lie on the app, it's automatic dismissal or right to not hire. Period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SeattleDude in Woodinville, Washington

24 months ago

Moee in snohomish, Washington said: I do not think they discriminated based on HIV. You lie on the app, it's automatic dismissal or right to not hire. Period.

I agree

Moee in snohomish, Washington

24 months ago

And to answer the original question, absolutely disclose your antidepressant. You will not be denied a job for having depression and treating it.

Greg in Washington

24 months ago

so here's an update, albeit 6 months after the fact. The job offer was withdrawn, not because I was dishonest, or that I didn't disclose the antidepressant, but because of the circumstances of my termination from a previous employer. long story short, i made a monumental mistake and got fired for it, Boeing claims their policy is this: "if what you did would get you fired from Boeing, than we won't hire you". I was utterly dumbfounded by this, so I asked, "so you never hire people who have been fired from other jobs??" i was told they wouldn't discuss specifics. i said, "so, let me get this straight, Boeing will hire convicted felons, but not terminated employeees?" I was told they wouldn't discuss specifics. I'd be curious to hear back from any current Boeing employee's who have been hired despite previous termination from other firms and/or anyone else who has had this happened.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.