What does this mean?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

yodafafoda in Duvall, Washington

31 months ago

It means they like your resume, and it is the next step to an interview. It does not guarantee an interview however, but it is the next step towards one. Definately a good sign!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

homedefender83 in Everett, Washington

31 months ago

Wow that is the craziest thing. The day after I posted this question, I got my email invitation for my first interview. It is on the 25th, and is for an assembly position. I have 5 years of experience being a diesel mechanic so I hope that they hire me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Cool, I think I might have the same interview LOL! ...Seattle...
Tomorrow I have one in Everett as well...
My only worry is the weather! Holly cow.

31 months ago

Yes the weather is pretty gruesome. My interview is on the 25th next week.

31 months ago

Ya you shoul be fine by then.... I will see you there! I won't know you... But that's OK lol...
Is it in Seattle?

Like I said, I have one on the 25th in Seattle also one tomorrow in Everett... I should get 'points' for just showing up! It's gonna be a nightmare tomorrow. Either way it will either still be frozen, or it will be a sloppy mess... NOT looking forward to it.... I have been scheduled for this one since January 6....

Damn snow!

31 months ago

Well, I hope that you and I both get hired. I know this company will change my family's life.

yodafafoda in Oak Harbor, Washington

31 months ago

Ya... We will!

My interview that was scheduled for tomorrow got rescheduled to the 25th... So I have two now on the same day.

You should know (maybe you already know) the questions are in STAR format. Situation/task-action-result. No technical questions, all behavioral.

31 months ago

Yeah, I knew that I still need to research that a bit. Do you know if the interviews are groups or individual?

31 months ago

homedefender83 in Everett, Washington said: Yeah, I knew that I still need to research that a bit. Do you know if the interviews are groups or individual?

It's a panel of interviewers with one interviewee

31 months ago

Well gosh the sound of the does not make me nervous at all. : )

31 months ago

It can be intimidating.. Been there done that.
They just emailed me, and now I only have one interview. I'm kinda bummed... I was invited to two. The one for tomorrow was rescheduled on the same day that I had another one, and I told them so there would not be a time conflict. So they canceled one.... The better paying one of course. :-/

31 months ago

Well, I am back to two interviews. Glad about that... I should be able to get one of them!

31 months ago

Are they hiring multiple people for these position's?

31 months ago

Oh, yeah... I'm sure they are... Just think: there are like 80,000 folks there...
Every little assembly has a sub assembly... and many in between. It's all broken down into little baby steps/work cells... Plus, there are many different configurations. 747, 767, 777, 777 --> just Everett...

31 months ago

oops 787

31 months ago

Well I am just really nervous cause I really need this bad. I have a great resume I just hope I don't goof up the interview. This will be such a blessing for me and my family. I really want this. Not just cause I need a job but because I want to spend the rest of my career with Boeing.

31 months ago

have you looked at some of the questions on glass door? That should help you...

31 months ago

Glass door dot com - no spaces.... interview questions...

HRD in Washington, District of Columbia

31 months ago

I'm looking to get into Boeing as well! I'm an engineer with 7 years of exp...how did you get in?

31 months ago

HRD, it's been said many times in this forum.
It starts with a resume. Specifically, you must use key words that are in the job reqs. The resumes are put through software that only sorts them by key words/phrases.

Also, it is a very LONG process. Keep applying.

31 months ago

yodafafoda in Oak Harbor, Washington said: Glass door dot com - no spaces.... interview questions...

I will look into it. This is perfect cause I have a black suit with a great blue shirt. Boeing colors baby.

31 months ago

Good luck tomorrow Yoda! May the force be with you.

yodafafoda in Coupeville, Washington

31 months ago

Hey, thanks!
How'd it go, for you?
I feel OK about mine, but it's hard to tell...
The managers were somewhat laid back, but still very structured.
I couldn't read them as well as I hoped.
Were you in Seattle? Or Everett today?
I was in Seattle, and I have another one in Everett next week....

31 months ago

yodafafoda in Coupeville, Washington said: Hey, thanks!
How'd it go, for you?
I feel OK about mine, but it's hard to tell...
The managers were somewhat laid back, but still very structured.
I couldn't read them as well as I hoped.
Were you in Seattle? Or Everett today?
I was in Seattle, and I have another one in Everett next week....

I was in Seattle. How did you enjoy finding a parking space? My interview went spectacular. My big worry now is how in depth the backround check is for the entry level position. I think I got some dates messed up on my application.

31 months ago

I lucked out with parking... Traffic was another story. I gave myself plenty of time. I was not late.... I was early, but damn traffic was jammed!

I hope you get on! Fingers crossed! I am hoping for the position I have not interviewed for yet. This one was good practice.

31 months ago

The cool thing is that I did not find out until my interviewers told me that I was being interviewed for two positions at the same time. Double the chances baby. Next week is going to be a good week for us.

31 months ago

Ya! Cool!
I wonder how long this will take?

SM in Renton, Washington

31 months ago

Hey there, I too had a structural interview on thursday Jan 26th for a position in Renton, i think it went well, im hoping for Good results..hopefully soon..I too really want this one..I wish I get it..

SM Renton in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

yodafafoda in Coupeville, Washington said: Ya! Cool!

Did any of u get any reply about the interview??

31 months ago

yodafafoda in Coupeville, Washington said: Ya! Cool!

Hey did u hear anything from them after the interview?

yodafafoda in East Wenatchee, Washington

31 months ago

Nothing yet.
:-/

31 months ago

I have not received a reply.However, I noticed that the jobs that I interviewed for say " no longer under consideration". So, I guess I do not exactly need a reply as I can pretty much read between the lines. Its okay I will not let it stop me. I just hope that getting turned down once doesnt mean I have no more chances cause I refuse to give up.

yodafafoda in East Wenatchee, Washington

31 months ago

You should DEFINATELY keep trying! If that's what you want...
Shiz... I just looked at mine too... One of the ones I interviewed for got bumped off, but one other one is still there.

It's kinda disappointing.

31 months ago

yodafafoda in East Wenatchee, Washington said: You should DEFINATELY keep trying! If that's what you want...
Shiz... I just looked at mine too... One of the ones I interviewed for got bumped off, but one other one is still there.

It's kinda disappointing.

Yeah u should keep trying.. im too not stopping myself from Continuously applying to other jobs.. Im still under consideration for the one i was interviewed..i have my fingers crossed.. I really wish i get this one.. All the best to u guys..

seaaz in Bothell, Washington

31 months ago

homedefender83 in Everett, Washington said: I have not received a reply.However, I noticed that the jobs that I interviewed for say " no longer under consideration". So, I guess I do not exactly need a reply as I can pretty much read between the lines. Its okay I will not let it stop me. I just hope that getting turned down once doesnt mean I have no more chances cause I refuse to give up.

Quick Question, Did you get a paper after your interview? Stating there goal is to provide you with the results within three weeks??

31 months ago

seaaz in Bothell, Washington said: Quick Question, Did you get a paper after your interview? Stating there goal is to provide you with the results within three weeks??

I did not get any.

31 months ago

Yes I did.

Juliannrutt in Marysville, Washington

24 months ago

I just got a email saying fill out a application so I did now does that mean I am going to get a interview? I am so confused lol! I have been applying over and over again since last October and finally this but not sure what it means ?? Any ideas? Thx:)

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

24 months ago

Juliannrutt in Marysville, Washington said: I just got a email saying fill out a application so I did now does that mean I am going to get a interview? I am so confused lol! I have been applying over and over again since last October and finally this but not sure what it means ?? Any ideas? Thx:)

Yes, there is a good chance.
The full application is the next step. Just make sure it is very accurate. Also make sure to disclose all misdemeanors if applicable.

24 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: Yes, there is a good chance.
The full application is the next step. Just make sure it is very accurate. Also make sure to disclose all misdemeanors if applicable.

Well thx filled it out I think ok I my work history was already In there so I didn't look over it real good and it also only let me fill in so much in that area but all the other stuff was very accurate:) do u have any idea how long it would take if they decided they liked it and called or email for a interview?
Thx so much for the response :)

24 months ago

Oh and what are mistameanors? Like trouble? Lol?

24 months ago

They do like your resume already. That's why you got to fill out the full application. And as far as how long it will take, that varies. Some hiring managers are on top of things, and others are not. It could take a couple weeks to get an invite to a formal interview. Then a few more weeks to get an offer. Then a few more weeks to clear contingencies. Then a few more to hear from your rep to get a start date...

It's a big company; and things take forever.

Good luck!!

24 months ago

THANKYOU so much that helps a lot :) have a great night!!

Laurence in Seattle, Washington

24 months ago

is there anyway to call HR so u can update your employment application, i had a felony 10 years ago and its clear, but when i fill out the application, i got excited and only read the 7 years period they asked but didnt notice about the convictions, I dont wanna lie, it just the excited part make me miss that part and i cant updated thru my BESS page, is there a way to get HR updated?
I work really hard to get thru the 2nd interview and dont want this to blew at the end cuz of this mistake on my application.... someone please respond, what can i do now?

24 months ago

Laurence in Seattle, Washington said: is there anyway to call HR so u can update your employment application, i had a felony 10 years ago and its clear, but when i fill out the application, i got excited and only read the 7 years period they asked but didnt notice about the convictions, I dont wanna lie, it just the excited part make me miss that part and i cant updated thru my BESS page, is there a way to get HR updated?
I work really hard to get thru the 2nd interview and dont want this to blew at the end cuz of this mistake on my application.... someone please respond, what can i do now?

There is no way to contact anybody about updating your ap.
They will not begin a background check until a former offer has been made. However one way to update it is if by chance you get another opportunity to fill out another one for a different req. it will be the same one with all the info that you already put in. You will just have to add your criminal history and save it.

Until then if I were you I'd go to the court house and work on getting your felony expunged. I'm not sure about that process.

24 months ago

can you call HR said u made a mistake and let them put a note for the security clearance to know that you didnt lie... im expecting an offer by next week... give me some opinion what to do now please...
I dont think expunged will works

24 months ago

Nope. There's nothing you can do - unless you get another application for a different req.

laurence in Seattle, Washington

24 months ago

So that mean automatic disqualified or u can also explain when hey check bg... the reason cuz i had tsa bg check last year and it passed so i though my case is cleared

24 months ago

Listen, having your baggage checked and passing through TSA is not the same as working or Boeing. Like I said, they will not even begin a background check until a formal offer is made. Meanwhile keep applying for other jobs an hope that they send you another application.

24 months ago

they already send me the offer... i just have to send a statement to HR before the background check in progress... i have not accepted the offer yet btw... idk if we can update it thru HR or not but rather be honest to them... i also talk to my attorney, she willing to help out if possible... what u think YODA?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.