What's the company culture at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Reply - Report abuse

tete in Apopka, Florida

89 months ago

They eat each other!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mare anderson in Newtown, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

It's true, they really do eat each other. Lots of backstabbing especially in marketing in plainsboro. Hopewell is a little nicer, and depending on which area you are in in Lawrenceville, they are not too bad. But Plainsboro is cut throat. The management is so unprofessional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BMSslave in New Jersey

84 months ago

BMS is not employee friendly, the whole company personell policy is built on back stabbing to get ahead. I have seen more stealing ideas and taking credit for others work in here than anywhere. I work in New Brunswick, in reserach. Long days average pay and no appreciation for what you do.We have more Managers, Directors, Associate Directors than we do people actualy doing the work. If it sounds like I am bitter I am not, its a job and pays the bills, I have worked here a while so I am just passing on my observations I havent left. I am just saying that BMS is all about the bottom line, the higher ups are all about how did you make me look good today and your fellow workers will be falling over each other to look good to the boss..because thats the way it is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anon joe in New Jersey

76 months ago

Bureaucratic, incompetent, opinionated middle management dominated by highly siloed department structures with no accountability to the bottom line.

Looking good over producing worthy projects to drive
bottom line organization results appear to be the rule
and definitely not the exception.

Unfortunate as it may sound, I suspect the CEO understands
the BMS culture will not change over night, so it's much
more expedient to acquire other companies fueled by massive cost cutting and layoffs will improve the bottom line faster - especially since he's already announced he's vacating the job in May-2009.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.