What are CSC's policies regarding temporary workers applying for other positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Barb Liven in Dublin, Ohio

63 months ago

Hi,

I have a somewhat convoluted situation here (actually my friend does, but I'm trying to help her out). She worked as a temporary employee through an IT temp agency. The temp contract was between CSC and the agency she worked for. CSC, on the other hand, runs the IT department at this major hospital system, and that was where she worked. When her contract ended, she was told that she could not apply on her own with CSC for another job up to 6 months after the contract ended. This was to protect the temp agency's rights. She understands that part of the agreement.

Where it gets confusing is here. Does the 6 month rule apply only to CSC jobs, or does it also apply to the hospital where she worked (the hospital has other jobs not through CSC). She is interested in applying for a job at one of the hosptals, but is not sure if that violates her agreement with the temp agency. Does anyone out there know how CSC handles these situations since they are an outsourcing company and handle many IT operations for businesses? I'm assuming that she can't accept employment with any entity that she serviced during her work at the hospital - not just CSC (for the 6 months).

Anyone know how this works?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.