What's the company culture at Csc?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Csc?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Csc?

Reply - Report abuse

whome757 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

31 months ago

I worked in one of their offices in Norfolk, VA. I would not recommend this company to anyone. The project manager and the program manager spent all of their time micromanaging the employees. These were employees who were being very productive and exceeding all client expectations. There was a lot of yelling and actually screaming at the employees. The project manager thought she was a sex goddess and talked nasty with the client staff. She was continuously telling the client staff, in her best Mae West impression, "I'm here for you." One time I even overheard her telling a male that she had waited in the parking lot for even and even already had one leg out of her pants. Another time several employees were in her cube during a meeting and she bent over to pull something up on her computer screen. A man was sitting by her desk. Her butt was basically in his face. Then the two of them had an indepth conversation about him sniffing her butt. They thought this was cutest thing and about passed out from laughing. There was a lot of sexual innuendo. The project manager said things all the time that in a normal company the employee would have been fired on the spot. Upper management was made aware of the sitation and they evidentally did not care. This company is the pits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mjwilli in Valparaiso, Florida

6 months ago

It depends where you work. I am a project manager and task manager. I dress business casual. All the people that work for me dress in jeans mostly. We are specifically IT.

Like any company you have good managers and some not so good. Down in the panhandle of Florida I like to think we are very good.

I have worked for a lot of companies as a contractor and employee. They all have their plus and minus areas. CSC has good benefits and very smart people working for them. Depending on the contract you are on the pay can be good or not so good. CSC is very large. Almost 100,000 employees so with that many people you are sure to have a small sampling of bad managers. I'm sorry to hear of bad managers anywhere. It affects the moral of the employees. I suggest that if there is such an issue as described above and the management did nothing, go to the HR section and make a formal complaint. That will definitively get the ball rolling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AMSmith105 in Columbus, Ohio

2 months ago

I agree with whome757 in Virginia. I also would not recommend this company. I worked in one of their offices in Ohio many years ago and the working environment was hostile. I worked for a supervisor who used an excessive amount of profanity and cursed loudly enough to be heard several aisles over and across the floor. She was never reprimanded and instead was promoted to a senior supervisor position. Upper management including Human Resources was aware of the situation but did not care and chose to ignore her outrageous behavior. There were also several micro-managers employed with CSC at the time who micromanaged, yelled and screemed at employees who were very productive and exceeded expectations. There are better companies to work for that are not at war with their employees. Please do not choose to work for CSC, avoid this place. This is the worst company for which I have ever worked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AMSmith105 in Columbus, Ohio

2 months ago

You should also note that CSC falsified its employees qualifications in order to overbill the government. Upper management encourages a cut throat competitive culture of lies and deceit. Honesty and integrity are not incorporated into the company's mission or vision. I personally witnessed this type of culture while working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.