CVS/Pharmacy Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 72)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at CVS/Pharmacy?

What do you like best about working at CVS/Pharmacy? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Lenzie in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

How much do you start out paying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (283) / No (77) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

92 months ago

Lenzie said: How much do you start out paying.

Hi Lenzie,

I suggest performing a search using our Salary tool,
www.indeed.com/salary.

Simply type in the job title you are interested in knowing an average annual salary for and your location.

I hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Brookline, Massachusetts

92 months ago

I am a store manager at a Boston store.
The job: average 50 hrs/wk -not because you want it but because it's the job- no overtime pay- SM not entitled to overtime. Stores are severely understaffed bec of very strict budget on manhours, loss prevention is YOUR accountability. You do everything from bringing cash to the bank to stocking shelves to cleaning. Most importantly -its RETAIL - so expect to deal with a customer who wants to return a half-full bottle of Tussin DM because it did not work-"his cough did not go away"
The benefit: salary not enough for the job (not to mention unreasonably rude clients), bonus (commensurate to beating budget/customer service/loss prevention), other benefits listed at cvs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (114) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

bill in carolina

91 months ago

Why don't you just work 40 hours until they compensate you for the hours over 40.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

C.Brown in Montgomery, Alabama

91 months ago

bill in carolina said: Why don't you just work 40 hours until they compensate you for the hours over 40. [/QUOT

Bill,
HA HA .... thats funny.... have you ever held a management position before? Unfortunately thats part of management position particualarly with publicly traded company who reports to stockholders.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

TS -- Alabama in Russellville, Alabama

89 months ago

Why does anyone feel like they are entitled to a 40 hour work week or that they must be paid overtime for more than that. If you're not more interested in the job, the company mission, and your overall success in it than you are in tabulating hours and whether you're getting time and a half for more than 40 hours, then you need to find another job or figure out a way to work a minimum wage job part time --- plenty of those around. PLUS, if you're management, guess what? You don't get overtime. You're MANAGEMENT, that means you're the one in charge, the one with all the responsibility. If you can't stomach that responsibility, don't whine about it. Either work your way out of it or get another job that is something you want to do. One thing is certain: whining never got anybody anything except attention.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (204) Reply - Report abuse

Experienced CVS Manager in Corpus Christi, Texas

89 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at CVS/Pharmacy?

What do you like best about working at CVS/Pharmacy? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

As a long term manager who was acquired by CVS several years ago, let me state in no uncertain terms that the expectations are unreasonable. I as a store manager am routinely expected to work 10-14 hour days, all the while my boss says that CVS managers should work only 45 hours a week. If your asst mngr goes on vacation, there will be no relief. You will have to make up the extra work and hours yourself. Be very aware before excepting employment with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

city girl in Rensselaer, Indiana

89 months ago

Experienced CVS Manager in Corpus Christi, Texas said: As a long term manager who was acquired by CVS several years ago, let me state in no uncertain terms that the expectations are unreasonable. I as a store manager am routinely expected to work 10-14 hour days, all the while my boss says that CVS managers should work only 45 hours a week. If your asst mngr goes on vacation, there will be no relief. You will have to make up the extra work and hours yourself. Be very aware before excepting employment with this company.

Does the code of conduct cover a DM that has been formaly charged with battery ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Dirty Jersey in Hackettstown, New Jersey

88 months ago

Its a good company, with plenty of good benefits. You can expect somewhere in the lower 40s to upper 30s in the new jersey area. Opportunities for growth are dependent on the situations. You can expect to go from ASM to MNGR in 2 to 3 years. If you're really good, 1. Overtime? Let me ask this question. Has anyone ever worked salaried? YOU DON'T PUNCH IN. Thus there's no one keeping tabs. You work 15 hours... you get paid for 45. Your work 75 hours... guess what?... you get paid for 45. you work 43 get paid for 45, you work 46 guess what... exactly. It all depends on how you work it, how you work the job, how you work the staff, how much YOU want to get done and what your aspirations are. Lets put it this way... you work 30 hours a week (unless your special) you won't be working for too long. You work 60 hours a week, you'll be stuck doing that s*** for ever buddy. A carpenter has his hammer and nails, a manager has his people. Use your people to make work easier for you.... now the big catch in that is figuring out what makes your people tick... I'm getting off on a tangent here. CVS is like any other big retail corporation. Lets face it people, the reason that we're working retail management is because we weren't smart enough in college to major in something like engineering or biochemistry. We were off slacking, having a beer, forming loving relationships in a 7 hour time frame. Look, this is what we do. This is who we are. We're retail managers, and I'll tell you this much. No medical editor, or financial consultant, or director can do what we do. Make them do our job, they'll quit in a week. We're not the marines, but god damn it we work like we were. Its our job, its our business, its who we are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (147) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Who in Santa Fe, New Mexico

88 months ago

Geeez - I am a little surprised by some of this...my husband has been a retail manager for years - he even got his degree in the field because that is what he wanted to do! He has never worked a 40 hours week...he works at least 58 - 60 hours per week...last Sunday was his "day off" - he worked 10 hours after he had already put in 59 hours for the week...all this for $45,000 per year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

rusphar in West Palm Beach, Florida

87 months ago

What company provide a background check for CVS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

James in Cambridge, Massachusetts

86 months ago

I loved the comment from the guy in New Jersey, your god damn right we work very hard. I'm fresh out of college and living in Boston and I swear I've never worked so hard in my life. I had a job where I was assistant manager and it's true how we are not Marines, but we work hard enough to be one. 55 to 60 is normally what people have to do in order to get ahead, you know why because there are others that will do the same and they will be younger too.
So I'm guessing the salary for CVS is customary for the cost of living in MA because it's very pricey out here let me tell ya.
But the salarys are normally upper 30's to mid 40's for management positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

pharmacygirl in Taylor, Michigan

86 months ago

Not enough

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Pookie in Amarillo, Texas

86 months ago

How about a group hug!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

J.D. in Flint, Michigan

85 months ago

TS -- Alabama in Russellville, Alabama said: Why does anyone feel like they are entitled to a 40 hour work week or that they must be paid overtime for more than that. If you're not more interested in the job, the company mission, and your overall success in it than you are in tabulating hours and whether you're getting time and a half for more than 40 hours, then you need to find another job or figure out a way to work a minimum wage job part time --- plenty of those around. PLUS, if you're management, guess what? You don't get overtime. You're MANAGEMENT, that means you're the one in charge, the one with all the responsibility. If you can't stomach that responsibility, don't whine about it. Either work your way out of it or get another job that is something you want to do. One thing is certain: whining never got anybody anything except attention.

Unfortunately, TS, there are few decent jobs to go to from bad jobs ! Corp. Amerika has got most workers by the short hairs, because the feds don't enforce worker's rights. People like you are disingenuous, either because they're miserable themselves, and won't face it, or are sell-outs to these big-box corps!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

hmmm in Winter Haven, Florida

85 months ago

I find this all very amusing. Being an MBA graduate and a manager for a few very "popular" companies including Walgreens, Best Western and Disney, I have always worked more than 40 hours a week. And here's another clue...I just got back from working in New Zealand and worked just as much and just as hard there as I did here. The bottom line is: YES retail management is hard and tedious work, YES the pay isn't too great (though many people would love to make 45k), NO you will never get out of that way of life if you can't get over the hump! People work in retail management not to stay a retail manager FOREVER but to work their way up and make something better of themselves. I know doctors that work 60-70 hours a week and only make 60-65k. You do a job to get somewhere better in life. AND I agree, stop the whinning and be glad you even have a job! If you aren't happy and you can't work hard enough to find ways to be promoted then you need to check into something much easier. If you have been in a management position for 3 or so years and haven't moved up the ladder then you are either content with where you are or too lazy and venting on the internet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

tina park in camden, North Carolina

80 months ago

nice to join the forum .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Doe in Indiana, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at CVS/Pharmacy?

The answer regarding the starting salary was not answered. Looking it up did not help, there was no answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Mr. Perfect in Blairstown, New Jersey said: Wow all of this sounds awful. I make $100k a year and I work a strict 40 hour workweek for a large company. I guess college paid off!

College may have paid off for you judging by the name you gave yourself, "Mr. Perfect" it sounds that may be all that you have going for yourself, is your job, not much of a personality.
Tell me, how was your college funded? By YOU working for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Gus in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I work on airplanes for over 60K a year at 48 hours a week. I guess I didn't need kollege.

Gus,
It sounds like maybe you could have used some "C"ollege!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ANt V in Far Rockaway, New York

79 months ago

Today was career day at my school (im a jr) and i was told that after you go trough the 6 years of college, CVS offers full benefits as well as a starting salary of 129k to pharmacists.

Can this be true????

HELP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

jessica91 in Bridgeport, Connecticut

78 months ago

i needdddddddddddd a job?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Vaselit in Tampa, Florida

78 months ago

CVS-Pharmacy online
now 1325986 people
shurl.net/74R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

carsella2004 in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

how is cvs to work for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

carsella2004 in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

suzzie in Medina, Ohio said: cvs salary is 45k per year. they expect you to work close to 60 hrs per week. when you divide out the salary it is 14.42 per hour. i do not think that is worth all the aggravation. you get no overtime and no holidays off.

I just got hired by CVS this weekend and I got 55k per year to start so I'm not sure if it is a regional difference or not but... about the overtime... NO SALARY position pays overtime!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

E R in Tucson, Arizona

77 months ago

I am curious about the nurse practitioner salaries at the CVS minute clinics?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

rich porter in miami, Florida

77 months ago

Lenzie in Dallas, Texas said: How much do you start out paying.

In miami we start at 57-63

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

hanif in New York, New York

77 months ago

Hi This Md Hanif ,me looking for any job right now,if anything for me please call me 347-259-7428

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

shift supervisor cvs in Largo, Florida

76 months ago

I was aquired by Cvs and i really like it , and yes it's a lot of work only because there is no extra people. What stinks about CVS is they will have each store have about 3 or 4 shift supervisors both A & B but when it comes time to promote someone to ASST MANAGER well all of you shifts can forget it (unless you are sleeping with someone) "YOU are not what we're looking for" I have been through so many asst. mgrs. that it is kinda like a game as to how long they will last and how they will quit or get fired. It's sad that this company would rather hire people off the street that worked in a shoe store then promote from within someone who is already doing the job and is already Phase 1 & Phase 2 certified
most of the within promotions are all who you know and who you did..... But the drama and the soap opera of it all can be fun. The pool of money as to when our DM gets fired is so growing. He is a loser!!! By the way there are no Lady DM's in florida CVS hates WOMEN... That's ok CVS, they are well aware of it hahahahahah Oh yeah TOM RYAN's bonus this year was over 4 million that's right 4 million... google it, he's another peice of work..... Oh it's been 1 year here's your raise 35 cents per hour and that's if your super!!! Tom Ryan gets 4 million bonus.... go enjoy it Tom Ryan!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

shift supervisor cvs in anywhere, Florida

76 months ago

I was aquired by Cvs and i really like it , and yes it's a lot of work only because there is no extra people. What stinks about CVS is they will have each store have about 3 or 4 shift supervisors both A & B but when it comes time to promote someone to ASST MANAGER well all of you shifts can forget it (unless you are sleeping with someone) "YOU are not what we're looking for" I have been through so many asst. mgrs. that it is kinda like a game as to how long they will last and how they will quit or get fired. It's sad that this company would rather hire people off the street that worked in a shoe store then promote from within someone who is already doing the job and is already Phase 1 & Phase 2 certified
most of the within promotions are all who you know and who you did..... But the drama and the soap opera of it all can be fun. The pool of money as to when our DM gets fired is so growing. He is a loser!!! By the way there are no Lady DM's in florida CVS hates WOMEN... That's ok CVS, they are well aware of it hahahahahah Oh yeah TOM RYAN's bonus this year was over 4 million that's right 4 million... google it, he's another peice of work..... Oh it's been 1 year here's your raise 35 cents per hour and that's if your super!!! Tom Ryan gets 4 million bonus.... go enjoy it Tom Ryan!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

James in Indiana, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

bill in carolina said: Why don't you just work 40 hours until they compensate you for the hours over 40.

Have you ever held a job before????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Mr. Perfect in Blairstown, New Jersey said: Wow all of this sounds awful. I make $100k a year and I work a strict 40 hour workweek for a large company. I guess college paid off!

Wow Mr. perfect, was this a FREE Govt paid education or was it a mommy/daddy paid education.
With an arrogant attitude like yours, I am guessing you are single

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Gus in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I work on airplanes for over 60K a year at 48 hours a week. I guess I didn't need kollege.

Maybe you should have attended, maybe then you could spell COLLEGE !!!I am guessing that you would have not made it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

cpmdlh in Texas

75 months ago

I am a CVS store manager. The guy talkin about loss prevention being all up to is is sooo correct. I am very good about keeping my binders nice and up to date, but I am allowed 200 crew hours doing 30k a week. I dont have the time to be in the office taking care of it like I should. Dont get me wrong I like my job and I love the people I've met. BUT the hours we're allowed is RIDICULOUS. Raises are at most like 50 cents, thats why we have such a high turn over rate. That have that stupid damn survey every year about cvs being the best place to work. But what exactly do they do with it? its a waste of my time and my employees. And as for the dickhead comment about sleeping with someone to get promoted. Not true. I went from cashier in 04 to photo tech to shift b working for a training store manager in 05 to a shift a in 06, assistant in 07 and now store manager for almost a year. If you work hard they WILL RECOGNIZE IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Former LongsDrugs in California

74 months ago

Any CVS Managers in California ? Just wondering what the starting salary is? Currently with Longs Drugs soon to be CVS manager, LDG California ranged from 55-60k

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

StudentNurse110 in New Jersey

74 months ago

I'm an assistant manager - worked my way up from cashier. I have to say...you hit the nail RIGHT on the head with your description of the job. =]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Sorry...that message was for Joe in Brookline. His description of CVS is pretty accurate. Sure, you can work 45 hours a week, but your store will crumble. You are expected to maintain your store, bottomline. If that means working 14 hours days, so be it. To "shift supervisor cvs" in Largo, FL...*I* didn't sleep with anyone to get promoted. I was a cashier promoted to shift within a year. About three years later when I was taking some time off of school, I was promoted to assistant manager. I work my butt off, and if you want the position badly enough, you'll find ways to make yourself known...in a PROFESSIONAL way. I know a lot of people that have gotten what they wanted ot "moved up" in the company by sleeping with superiors. It gets you little or no respect in the end. EARN IT! Keep working if you want to be promoted. I'm actually stepping back down to shift to go back to nursing school. The retail lifestyle has gone on too long. =P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Racer15 in Kentucky

73 months ago

CVS can be very difficult to work for depending on where you work, 24 hour stores are generally a little better than stores that are open 8-10.

I have worked at CVS for a bit over four years and am currently being trained as a shift. I'm having to come in on my days off to work off the clock in order to be trained. The store just isn't given enough hours each week to properly train me so I've voluntarily come in for over 8 hours of unpaid time to train. The store manager and assisstant manager often work 6 days a week because we are forever understaffed due to a lack of hours and high turnover. Compared to other pharmacies the pay is minimal. I could be making $3 more an hour at Walgreens for the same work but I like the people I work with and I am very familiar with CVS at this point. The benefits compared to other companies are not very good and you work your butt off for little pay. The only reason I have stayed with the company is because I cannot currently find a job in this area with my college degree (and no I'm not and could only work at CVS, I graduated with a bachelors of science in agriculture, summacumlaude thank you very much, just because some employess aren't smart enough to get through college doesn't mean every CVS employee is). As soon as I finish my nursing degree I am out of there. CVS was the job I worked to get through college and I would never make a career out of it. I have a supervisor that has worked for the company for 30 years and told me once that the longer you work for them, the more they take advantage of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Racer15 in Kentucky

73 months ago

CVS can be very difficult to work for depending on where you work, 24 hour stores are generally a little better than stores that are open 8-10.

I have worked at CVS for a bit over four years and am currently being trained as a shift. I'm having to come in on my days off to work off the clock in order to be trained. The store just isn't given enough hours each week to properly train me so I've voluntarily come in for over 8 hours of unpaid time to train. The store manager and assisstant manager often work 6 days a week because we are forever understaffed due to a lack of hours and high turnover. Compared to other pharmacies the pay is minimal. I could be making $3 more an hour at Walgreens for the same work but I like the people I work with and I am very familiar with CVS at this point. The benefits compared to other companies are not very good and you work your butt off for little pay. The only reason I have stayed with the company is because I cannot currently find a job in this area with my college degree (and no I'm stupid not and could only work at CVS, I graduated with a bachelors of science in agriculture, summacumlaude thank you very much, just because some employess aren't smart enough to get through college doesn't mean every CVS employee is). As soon as I finish my nursing degree I am out of there. CVS was the job I worked to get through college and I would never make a career out of it. I have a supervisor that has worked for the company for 30 years and told me once that the longer you work for them, the more they take advantage of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

For Racer15 in Kentucky...I'm in the same boat as you. I'm finishing my nursing degree and calling it quits at CVS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Laney in Orlando, Florida

73 months ago

I work For CVS in Florida and have been with the company for 20yrs. And I must say that I am happy to be with a company that long. Even though there are some long days, your store is only as good as you make it. I work 45-50 hours a week, manage to take my 2 days off, have some holidays off and do get to actually take my 4 weeks vacation. Yes, the work load is alot harder now but if you manage your store correctly, then you shouldn't run into too many issues. Hire and train the right people, lay down your expectations and inforce teamwork. There are days when I would like to quit, but, if I haven't quit now, chances are, I'm a lifer. It's not that bad as long as you know how to manage your store correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

SGT G in Ladera Ranch, California

72 months ago

Amber Rose in Santa Ana, California said: Im new to this and im trying to find out what would the starting pay for a new-b pharmacy technician fresh out of school

Hiring wages are always negotiable & not set like some large companies. Moreover, the wages VARY from district to district; because I do not work in your district, I'd advise you to simply ask your the pharmacy techs at your home store that is closest to you.

Also be aware that CVS will meet the wages of its competitors to hire the best staff for its needs. However, once your hired good luck getting a decent raise unless you earn a big promotion. BTW district managers approve and change raises and promotions for all their stores keeps that in mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

tina park in camden, North Carolina said: nice to join the forum .

OK bottom line CVS is the Pharmacy retail equivalent to WALMART! Decent prices many locations, poor employer not worth your time! Readers beware this is a company that is more concerned about making more profit for their Stock holders & Upper management than completing its company ?Mission,? of improving the quality of life for customers and staff? what a load of crap! Highlights include tons of work for a little more than minimum wage, plenty of aggravation, majority of stores are understaffed, high turn-over due to poor benefits, unprofessional management, company does not promote from with, many cases of favors & fraternizing between all management & staff in exchange for hours/ seniority/ & work load, poor teamwork, too many rules & not enough productivity to say the least.

Moreover, I?m not complaining or whining; simply passing on insider information to the readers of this website. Honestly, I quit CVS because dealing with these issues was not worth my meager hourly wage. (I even took a pay-cut.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

pharmacygirl in Taylor, Michigan said: Not enough

As for the ignorant rant from TS in Alabama try living in California and not getting paid for labor, then say something when you?ve actually been there. Some of us have bills and clock in at work to make an honest living!

And no, most mangers are not working as hard as MARINES because we work longer hours for less money! (Mentally and physically exhausting & more is at stake for servicemen then a low end job.) Make no mistake where my blog is coming from I have already worked two jobs so I could graduate high school and move on to college.

To the people that have worked for CVS for several years or more, I applaud your dedication and persistence. However, if you survived this company that long trust me you can be very successful in another company or industry, where you get paid better (wages & benefits) for your hard work and not taken advantage of. BTW Costco is where it?s at, great pay, potential, & good compensation! If you?re looking for work check out the current fortune 500 companies (try googling it)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Lawrenceville, Georgia

64 months ago

James in Indiana, Pennsylvania said: Maybe you should have attended, maybe then you could spell COLLEGE !!!I am guessing that you would have not made it

He was making a joke Capt. Genious! What community kollege did you attend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

old lady in New York, New York

61 months ago

Sometimes you can't get fired because your manager thinks he/she won't win against the unemployment judge easily when you contest the firing.

I got a minor hate tirade telling me that when I broke my arm in the store, "I didn't trip on anything."

The big box/manipulative buyer/retailer is so ponderous it is moving to extinction. They will cause a lot of damage and then somehow be destroyed.

I never worked in retail before losing all my money at 64. Okay, silly, but I thought the business world was like professional offices. Good HR. consideration for all employees. As long as you worked responsibly and did your best for the Company, you were in good hands.

Retail reminds me of somewhat 100 year old ways of doing business.... i.e. abuse your employees as much as you can get away with. (In the 21st century it's different from years ago.) Sure, there are people who argue that any employ is better than unemployment. Difficult argument to debate.
We have a long way to go to create a decent world for the human race, even locally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

So Sorry about my earlier angry rant above:
-------------------------------------------------
Yes ...... CVS is a job for those in need of employment at the
"Do you want large fries with that?" level of work.
(if you don't get that reference, you should definitely apply to CVS.)

Yes, self effacing loyalty plus extreme personal determination combined with very hard work can result in promotion.

Store employee appreciation below mgmt tier is shown with reasonable merchandise discounts. This is a big plus as tissue, TP, cold relief products and other products are always useful.

The advertised employee benefits: stock purchase, health benefits, bonuses: etc. are priced to management and corporate levels (in my experience).

There is NO training. No recognition of service. No upline for lowlevel employees to engage upper mgmt at all. It is a punitive culture ... at least, I never heard, "thank you" or "good job" from a manager.

Their employees indicate heavy percentage of negativity toward staying with CVS...even in pharmacy where salaries can be $100K.

Generally my criticism of CVS is that as the 17th largest retail organization in the world it makes a strong showing for corporate and acquisitive manipulative ability.
On the other hand, CVS' lowest level employees, who work face to face with the customers minute to minute...those employees are disposable and treated as such even after several years of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

glad I didn't work for you. are you related to the DM?
You don't say, but imply you're a mgr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Thania in Florida

32 months ago

rich porter in miami, Florida said: In miami we start at 57-63

What is the process of getting a Job at CVS, I did an application a while back I haven’t heard anything. I decided to do another one, do I have to take any test or assessment .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.