Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

JMB in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

I can give an answer to those of you interviewing in the marketing department. They will ask pre-written questions such as, "Tell me about a time you missed a deadline. How did you handle it?" and you have to give an example while they take notes. This approach didn't seem to be a very good way to get to know candidates.

If relevant, you will be required to take a writing test which includes writing your own obituary. I understand death is a part of life, especially in hospitals, and maybe they want to test your comfort level, but this request really turned me off. I think they also want to see how creative you are able to get, but for me, the intrusive nature of the question did not encourage me to answer very creatively.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

tbiggs27 in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

If they have such awful interviews, why are they ranked as one of the best places to work in Atlanta?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RJZ in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

If you don't mind me asking, how did they contact you about interviewing for the job? Did you apply online? How long after you applied did they contact you?

I recently applied for a job in marketing there and haven't heard anything. I wanted to see what a standard wait time is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JMB in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

I think it is a good place to work once you're there - they do take excellent care of their employees. I don't know the answer to why their human resources/interview process is poor. Maybe it's just one area of their business that does need some work. I'm sure the nature of their business does attract and retain good people, however they are also excluding quality people by designing their interview questions to expose weakness rather than highlight strengths.

Yes, I applied online and someone from HR called within a week or two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tbiggs27 in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

I fully believe in the cause of CHOA, but is it perhaps ranked as a great place to work for nurses and doctors and not neccessarily admin/business?

What do you think? Also, JMB, did you attend the interview? Are they looking for a lot of experience? Anyone know what the culture is like? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ikia in Georgia

21 months ago

I was contacted by a recruiter for an Administrative Assistant position that I applied for. She asked me a few questions, such as: Why are you interested in this position?, What salary do you prefer?, Tell me about your current postion and some of the people you support?, Calendar management skills?, Tell me about the non profit you've worked with before?, What is your involvement with other departments?, etc. It lasted for about ten minutes and she asked me to come in the next day for testing (no pass or fail, just trying to get scores) and to interview with the manager.

The testing was over Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and typing. I didn't think it was tough at all. I did very well on it.

Interview: The manager pretty much skimmed through my resume and asked me questions off of that. Other questions: Why are you interested in this position? Why are you considering leaving the one you're at? What's your interaction with customers? Do you feel comfortable doing certain things pertaining to the job? Five words to describe yourself. Why should we hire you? Very conversational and not soo much question and answer.

It was different than the other interviews I've had. I believe that was mostly due to the manager's personality. I didn't get the job but did get to talk to the recruiter about other opportunites within CHOA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.