How to get a job at Christian Dior.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at Christian Dior? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Timothy Moreland in Milford, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

I live in NYC and would love to work for Dior. I have luxury retail experience. Who do you contact?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Emmy in Richmond, Australia

2 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Christian Dior? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I simply applied online, luckily i got straight through to the state manager.
When it came to the first interview they basically wanted to know and learn more about you, so if you have long experience within the makeup field then that's a bonus. I'm a Makeup Artist whos worked with alot of modeling agencies, fashion shows including Miss Universe Australia. They also took that into consideration, making sure that i knew what i was doing. If you have worked in retail, explain to them how much target you've reached from your previous cosmetic company. Explain to them how you made the previous company better from last year. Make sure your resume and cover letter is spot on. That is the first key to success with them and many more makeup companies.
After the interview they ask you to do a makeup trial, the trial was not on just one person but two people who i had to prove in different situations and scenarios. When i got to this stage i simply explained to them, as you would to a customer, how to use these products in different techniques and different ways, educate them, show and Teach them how this will benefit them in the long run. You need to be confident in yourself and make sure you do the best job that you can simply do. Make sure you have researched the company's History and have an idea of what the makeup products are and what they do.
Believe in yourself and you will succeed. Gooodluck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.