How long does it take to get hired at Comcast?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Tom Underhill in Lodi, California

53 months ago

About a month in my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nerd-a-holic in Citrus Heights, California

53 months ago

Has anybody had an initial automated phone interview with Comcast? I had applied on their website, then about a week later I got an email from a company called HarQen and had an automated interview where I was asked questions then recorded my answers. It's been 13 days now and I'm thinking they decided to pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Well, 21 days after that automated interview I got a call asking if I could take a phone interview. I will be taking it in two days. At least it is with a human being this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

I had the phone interview Saturday 8/14/2010 and I think it went well. On Sunday they sent me a link to take an online assessment test that had call center scenarios and a personality test. From what I understand, there will be another phone call from a supervisor to roll play and test my customer service skills. Then, there will be another in-person interview if all goes well. The position starts on 9/20/2010 and there will be 9 weeks of training.

I don't think I've ever jumped through so many hoops to get a job before. I read that they are hiring around 120 new people. That explains all the prescreening & automation.

On a side note- the original email I got for the automated interview was for an Advanced Service Repair Representative. The position I applied for was a Customer Account Executive. I was told that it was the same position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Underhill in Lodi, California

52 months ago

Which call center? My training ends the same week yours starts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

It would have been at the Natomas Call Center. A better offer came through with a different company so I declined the offer from Comcast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Beth Stone in Puyallup, Washington

39 months ago

My 2 cents,I have lease 6 apps that say "Not Hired" & 1 from Feb 2011 still "In Process" (whats up with that) with Comcast, this past July I did have a face to face interview in Puyallup Hub, it seemed like everything went good with the interview, answered all the questions and described my duties from my last job, (laid off April 2011) a few days later I called my brother (a current employee) I talked to him about how long it was take to get the background check back, he told me that it should only take a few days, okay not a problem, I have passed the background check many times before. Well 3 WEEKS to the day I get "the email" I read it and now I'm really upset, I tried to contact the hiring manager, Ummm NO. I do not know what the problem was. If I knew what the reason was I can,will correct it. I also feel that they lead me to believe that I would be hired, THAT'S NOT RIGHT to lead someone to believe that they would be hired. Also my brother said to me to call them a couple times a week to check in regards to the background check results, well that didn't help is what I was told. Please any advice is welcome..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.