Comcast background check...credit check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

mikemamoss in Tacoma, Washington

41 months ago

Hi my wife got a job offer for comcast, she just finished the paperwork for the background check. One concern we have is the credit check. We have pretty bad credit due to her job loss 2 years ago. Everything else is ok, no criminal history or drugs etc. How relevant is the credit check in the hiring process. Will this derogatory credit stop them from hiring her. The job is for cust care rep in retention. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michele DiCarlo in Syracuse, New York

41 months ago

mikemamoss in Tacoma, Washington said: Hi my wife got a job offer for comcast, she just finished the paperwork for the background check. One concern we have is the credit check. We have pretty bad credit due to her job loss 2 years ago. Everything else is ok, no criminal history or drugs etc. How relevant is the credit check in the hiring process. Will this derogatory credit stop them from hiring her. The job is for cust care rep in retention. thanks.

I worked for Comcast in Georgia and MN. They will not be too concerned about credit issues. I am in the same position as you. They did not hold it against me when I was hired. I am trying to get back into Comcast but the jobs are lacking here on the east coast. Your wife will be ok. Congrats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mikemamoss in Tacoma, Washington

41 months ago

Thanks for the info Michele. We have not heard back yet. Hopefully she will hear something next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

susie alvarado in Las Cruces, New Mexico

16 months ago

I know this was a while back but I'm curious if she got the job after all. I'm waiting on my background check which is clear but a little worried about the credit check part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SlightlyAmused in Madison Heights, Michigan

16 months ago

Susie, did you hear back yet? I'm waiting for mine to clear and three years of no work really took a toll on my credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

susie alvarado in alamay, New York

16 months ago

Yes got it! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SlightlyAmused in Madison Heights, Michigan

16 months ago

Susie,

I'm happy for you! Its a huge deal to get a good job in this economy. As for me I am still waiting for CARCO to finish my background check. Tomorrow will be day 6 or 7 so I assume it'll be finished soon. Finding ways to pass the time is the hardest part right now. That and affording food lol.

Shemeher in Westland, Michigan

2 months ago

Curious if you got the job @ SlightlyAmused, because I'm slightly worried about mine as well lol

SlightlyAmused in Owosso, Michigan

2 months ago

Yeah I did get the job. It's been a little over year now and it has its pros and cons. It was a long process and I had to keep my recruiter for it. Pay is nice but working as a tech will make your body age lol.

Shemeher in Dearborn, Michigan

2 months ago

Oh no. Lol. I would be in the call center, but that's good to hear that you got it. What did you mean you had to keep your recruiter for it?

SlightlyAmused in Owosso, Michigan

2 months ago

There was a few issues with the process due to my background check because I've lived so many places. It took longer than normal. If I had just said screw it and for them to contact me it would have been a 3 month wait before I got hired in so took a opening at another office. You shouldn't have those issues but it never hurts to do a follow up call to make sure it's all ok.

patientlywaiting in Jackson, Mississippi

2 months ago

I applied for the retention department on May 14, 2014. I've had my phone interview, assessment test as well as my in person interview. I've yet to hear anything back. I have checked online and it still reads in progress. I am wondering what should I do at this point. Any help would be grateful!

2 months ago

@patientlywaiting Hey, I have the same situation. Applied that day too. I got an offer letter two or three days after my in person interview. So I would try to contact your recruiter, how long has it been since your in person?

2 months ago

@SlightlyAmused did you check your app status once your background was completed? Mine was completed yesterday and my status has gone from "in progress" to blank. I heard that if you're denied it should say "not hired". Well my recruiter did make me update my application by applying to a newer job post and THAT one still says "in progress"...idk I'll just try to have patience.

2 months ago

@shemeher My in person interview was on the 29th of May. It's getting close to being one month. I did contact the recruiter and she says that it is out of her hands and all I can do is wait. I am sure it is something she can do.

2 months ago

@patientlywaiting wow a month later?? The interviewing supervisors said that I would hear from someone within 3 to 5 days, and they were right. What did they tell you, do you think your interview went well?

2 months ago

@shemeher absolutely. I have a good background in retail and sales. Even the interview manager informed me that my interview was impressive. I just received an email from comcast telling me to apply to the job again so maybe the job class I applied for is full and they are adding a new one?

2 months ago

patientlywaiting in Jackson, Mississippi said: @shemeher absolutely. I have a good background in retail and sales. Even the interview manager informed me that my interview was impressive. I just received an email from comcast telling me to apply to the job again so maybe the job class I applied for is full and they are adding a new one?

Oh good! I received that email from my second recruiter as well. It was for the same job but it was an updated post, she said it was for "administrative purposes" but nonetheless I think that's a good sign for you! It sounds like you'll be hearing something soon

theodore in Dania, Florida

2 months ago

Same thing here I had my in person interview 07/01/14 and I receive the same email to apply again it was for comm tech1 position

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.