How to get a job at Comcast.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 347)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

c in Brandon, Mississippi

94 months ago

wait forever lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Svt in Atlanta, Georgia

94 months ago

My advice is work somewhere else if you have the option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

hmmm in Bronx, New York

94 months ago

apply online by going to the comcast website

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

c in Brandon, Mississippi

94 months ago

good thing about comcast is when you do get your foot in the door it is up to you where you go with your pay
and you dont have to worry about putting salt on the fries after you take the drive thru order could be that some are jealous
think about no harm done
just facts
but i also believe you do what you are happy with
if you dont like your job you will not go anywhere with it

good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Sarasota, Florida

94 months ago

It helps to know someone. You still have to go to the websire and post your resume but knowing someone will help you get that interview. I have been with the company for over 2 years now and I love all the people I work with. We work hard but we play hard too! Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jph, tallahassee

94 months ago

These jobs aren't real, they just post them to justify the job of the HR, Dept. and if they do, then you have to be part of the "Good Ole Boy Network" to get an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Oak Park, Illinois

94 months ago

you can pick which location you want to work out of, but then after you've been in one position you can transfer anywhere you'd like after 6 months.

the jobs are stressful but the free services and great benefits are worth it.

and knowing someone DEFINITELY helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymouse in Mesquite, Texas

93 months ago

I worked for their recruiting department as a temp and 2 weeks later they "had found someone else" and my assignment was cut. I feel sorry for those who try to become customer service reps cause you get the shi****** hours with s***** pay to deal with b******* cable customers. and if you come you have to take their dumb test and if you fail you can't apply again for another 6 months. comcast is retarded, they charge wazoo on your cable bill and pay crap to their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

93 months ago

318 said: 53

53 what??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New Jersey in Millburn, New Jersey

93 months ago

IF you need or want to make money quick the Comcast Sales reps positions are paying pretty good right now. Thier new phone, internet and tv services is selling pretty good and the new sales reps are making good money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

93 months ago

Good Lord, that's horrible! Sounds like she has already been through enough!!!! (She needs a break!)
That is a good question. They need a HS diploma? That's crazy. I wish I had some good advice, I'd give it. what I CAN say is that these background checks are a joke. I see their motive, but they can get a "crimanal" background and I am confident she'll pass. After that and she has the skills, why do they need a HS diploma?

She will be in my thoughts and prayers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Douglas E Sherman Sr in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

james in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

93 months ago

I got an interview simply by going into one of the offices,asking apply online first.very inportant.then a rep will call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CableComic in Belleville, Michigan

93 months ago

anonymouse said: I worked for their recruiting department as a temp and 2 weeks later they "had found someone else" and my assignment was cut. I feel sorry for those who try to become customer service reps cause you get the shi****** hours with s***** pay to deal with b******* cable customers. and if you come you have to take their dumb test and if you fail you can't apply again for another 6 months. comcast is retarded, they charge wazoo on your cable bill and pay crap to their employees.
I had an interview in June of 06 for comm tech I position. I applied online and within (2) weeks was interviewed. After meeting with the hr rep for about an hour, I was then sent to a cubicle to take what I have to call the most idiotic computer generated test ever devised. This horsebleep testing took another hour to complete. I felt as though I were applying for a high level government position. After the computer testing I was then led to a room where I was given a face to face interview with the hr director as well as the installation sup. They asked almost the same questions that were covered on the computer tests. Now mind you I had already listed all of my skills and knowledge in the cable industry (13 years). After that final hour of "questioning" I was released back into the wild. I had never felt so uncomfortable in an interview in my existance on this planet. Two weeks later I received a "Dear John" letter from Comcast listing the reason for my continued non-employment with said company, "Over Qualified". It is apparent that Comcast will only hire those without any skills while coninuing to gouge the consumer with less than effective customer service. By the way I scored a job with a contracting company within the same Comcast system and am making more money than I would have made had I been hired by Comcast. Thanks Comcast and keep on hiring rejects and idiots, they keep milk in my fridge!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Too Shy in Redmond, Washington

93 months ago

anonymous said: I had a friend that applied at comcast. She had changed her name because of domestic violence. They told her she needed to bring in her high school diploma. Do they really go that far for a 36 yr old woman.
There are a lot of woman who have change their names because of domestic violence.
That you cant find a background on due to safety reasons.
How do they get hired?

Yep, they do a full background check. I had a problem with them verifying my college degree (I had forgotten to list a former married name on my background check paperwork) and it took a simple phone call to the college to verify with that name. All info is confidential, and you *can* list all names you've been known by, so you *must* be honest on the background check paperwork and list that name. Incidentally, I am 50 and graduated college in 1980... none of the records at the college were electronic from that time period so they had to research once they got the right name... but all in all, it worked out ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

anonymous said: She cant give her real name. When a domestic violence survivor changes their name, They do it for safety reasons.

Oh good lord, of course she can...that is, IF she wants the job. I too was the victim of domestic abuse -- I had a skull fracture compliments of my-then husband and I darn near died (I was in the hospital a considerable length of time) - but I gave them the name I graduated under and all was well. It's just a matter of does she want the job or not? Having lived through it, I know how frightening it can be but sheesh, you need to live your life and get over it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

A person in the Comcast recruitment department found a resume I'd put online (probably careerbuilder or monster) and phoned me to ask if I was interested in a position they had open. I was, so they scheduled a phone screener...then I did a phone tech screener. Those went well and I had a face-to-face interview. Pretty standard process although I was quite surprised they phoned me. The process took less than two weeks from the initial call from the recruiter to job offer. The background check took an additional week and a half, but would have been much quicker if I hadn't omitted a former name

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Atia in Utica, Michigan

93 months ago

Too Shy said:
A person in the Comcast recruitment department found a resume I'd put online (probably careerbuilder or monster) and phoned me to ask if I was interested in a position they had open. I was, so they scheduled a phone screener...then I did a phone tech screener. Those went well and I had a face-to-face interview. Pretty standard process although I was quite surprised they phoned me. The process took less than two weeks from the initial call from the recruiter to job offer. The background check took an additional week and a half, but would have been much quicker if I hadn't omitted a former name

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate J. in Houston, Texas

92 months ago

If you're interested in an Account Management position, try going through a staffing agency like Burnett Staffing or Primary Services or others. Call other agencies to find out if they recruit for Comcast. You'll be working directly for Comcast- the agencies only recruit for them. Houston, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New Jersey in South Orange, New Jersey

92 months ago

What kind of a positon are you looking for, I may be able to assist as am an independant Recruiter for Comcast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mono_loco in Knoxville, Tennessee

92 months ago

Atia said: Usually you have to go through two interviews. I wonder if you are telling us the truth...

You know that's a bunch of crap. It never happened and it never will. This fool just post here trying to be funny, and he is a dumb***. At least 2 interviews and wait more than one month before they will call you. Unless this fool is *********.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New Jersey in South Orange, New Jersey

92 months ago

Mono_loco said:
You know that's a bunch of crap. It never happened and it never will. This fool just post here trying to be funny, and he is a dumb ass. At least 2 interviews and wait more than one month before they will call you. Unless this fool is Jesus Christ.

My name is actually Christine and I am not a he but a she. I own a company that has been staffing comcast since 1998. Our website for your varification is[Deleted]
When interviewing for any company your attitude makes a huge difference. Comcast is in fact hiring like crazy right now for a braod spectrum of positions. You cannot apply online at my website, but if you have questions send and email to and put in the subject, looking for a Comcast position. My staff will pick up the email and see if they can assist you.
Good luck.
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jack in Ambler, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

So i've seen a couple different people mentioning drug tests, what kind of test is given and is it given on the same day as your first interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rex in Bellevue, Washington

92 months ago

Don't mess around with these guys.

Before applying, make sure to read the job description!

I know people at Comcast.....people who will verify that I'm a skilled worker who will benefit the company but they won't hire me. I've had my resume sitting in a database for 6 months and I've applied for several jobs....no interviews.

Why? I don't have a high school diploma and have not got around to getting my GED either. However, I do have higher education which I paid $12,000 for but that school has since closed and the education pretty much amounts to nothing.

I have over 7 years solid experience and this is the only thing stopping me from getting an interview. Sad :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ange in Muskegon, Michigan

91 months ago

Mike B. New England said: I've applied to numerous Comcast positions via CareerBuilder and Monster. I have yet to receive so much as a whisper from them in response. I'm a manager with 9 years experience in cable and will to relocate. I'm starting to think they may not be the place to be...

I have worked for Spotlight (the ad sales division of Comcast) for 5 years. As with every company it has it's ups and downs- but they have great benefits and believe it or not, they really do want to take care of the customers and employees. The best way to get into an opening is to go via the comcast.com website and into the career area. You can search the jobs and apply directly there. Anyone trying to get into Comcast these days are all sent there to start. Good luck and be persistant!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Norfolk, Virginia

91 months ago

I have worked for Comcast and am trying to get a job there again. I've applied for 4 different jobs and have an employee referal with my resume sitting on recruiters desk. Why they havent called I dont know :( I didnt leave on bad graces with the company. Owell fingers crossed they will call soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

I would go to the local office and see about talking to a supervisor or manager. At least on the spotlight side, that might be helpful. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

dave in Colorado Springs, Colorado

91 months ago

how can you not pass the assesstment exams? I had little time to complete with the multiplication and addition subtracting section. How can you pass an exam like that?

dave in Colorado Springs, Colorado

91 months ago

I think I did terrible on the assesstment test but HR manager was really friendly and told me that no one finishes and told me not to worry about speed but accuracy but 2 minutes is sort of steep I think I answered 5 or 6 answers right. After the exams she was asking me if I had any questions but she seem interested in hiring more techs so maybe I may get the interview I dont know. What are you thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New Jersey in Maplewood, New Jersey

90 months ago

Where are you located. Which site are you applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Allendale, Michigan

90 months ago

How do I go about filling out an application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kael Johnson in Los Angeles, California

90 months ago

Does comcast conduct a misdemeanor background check? Will they hire anyone with a misdemeanor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Do in Voorhees, New Jersey

90 months ago

Kael> Yes they do. And most often if you have any kind of criminal record (not including stuff like minor driving offenses like speeding) they may interview you, but if someone is just as qualified with a clean record...forget it. I worked in their HR department for 2 weeks I know how this crap goes around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Juarez, Mexico

90 months ago

anonymous in New Jersey in South Orange, New Jersey said: What kind of a positon are you looking for, I may be able to assist as am an independant Recruiter for Comcast.

can you send me your contact retails at
thanks
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I think it depends on the position you are applying for- but just be honest. If you apply online- there should be a question- but I think it is for felonies. Good Luck!

Angela in Port Washington, New York

90 months ago

anonymous in New Jersey in South Orange, New Jersey said: What kind of a positon are you looking for, I may be able to assist as am an independant Recruiter for Comcast.

Hi
I'm not the owner of the previous note but I am also very interested in working for Comcast - am earnestly looking to relocate to PA. I've posted my resume for several positions at the Philadelphia location but have yet to receive any response. I have been with a cable company in CT for almost 11 yrs, have been a supervisor in the call center for over 7 yrs and currently hold a BSc. in MGT & Finance.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ange in Clarkston, Michigan

90 months ago

If you want, send me your resume and I can send it on- I have a friend who is a manager in the Pittsburgh office..that might be a start..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ange in Clarkston, Michigan

90 months ago

Angela,
Oops..I am hope I am not violating anything here. I think I have a profile here that you can reach me through and I can get your contact info..

AngelaB in Port Washington, New York

90 months ago

Ange in Clarkston, Michigan said: Angela,
Oops..I am hope I am not violating anything here. I think I have a profile here that you can reach me through and I can get your contact info..

Ange
Checked all the links here (am new to the site) cannot seem to find how to locate your profile and I'm not sure if it'd be inappropriate to add my email addr

AngelaB in Port Washington, New York

90 months ago

Ange in Clarkston, Michigan said: If you want, send me your resume and I can send it on- I have a friend who is a manager in the Pittsburgh office..that might be a start..

That'd be great but how would I get it to you?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ange in Muskegon, Michigan

90 months ago

AngelaB in Port Washington, New York said: Ange
Checked all the links here (am new to the site) cannot seem to find how to locate your profile and I'm not sure if it'd be inappropriate to add my email addr

Im not sure either..but my profile is ange..but I am not sure if you are supposed to do that here..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

To view someones profile look at the box to the left of the comment and just click on their name if it is blue and underlined. This will take you to the profile and the contact information. Thanks!

AngelaB in Bridgeport, Connecticut

90 months ago

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas said: To view someones profile look at the box to the left of the comment and just click on their name if it is blue and underlined. This will take you to the profile and the contact information.

Thanks!

Wonderful of you Audrey! Thanks!

Felicia in Fairfield, California

90 months ago

Comcastic Noob in Sarasota, Florida said: Not necessarily a bunch of crap. I had a phone interview with HR and then interviewed with the CSR manager the next week. They sent me off for my drug test and I was hired a week later when that came back.

I am starting my 4th week of training as of Monday. So, their practices my vary from state to state. They are also ramping up in my area and packing them in one training class after another since January.

Believe what ya want, I am a proud comcaster. I can also proudly say 100% on my billing COL.

Good luck to everyone applying.

I applied 2 days ago and was called yesterday for an interview. I agree with Comcastic Noob, it probably depends on the area you are with. My present job hired me the same week they interviewed me, so it is possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU ARE A RECRUITER FOR COMCAST! DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR MASTER ELECTRICIAN WHO IS CURRENTLY LAID OFF! [Edited by Host] Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info - you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

Ange in Clarkston, Michigan said: Angela,

ANGE, PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY MEANS OF HELPING SOMEONE WHO IS LAID OFF TO GET A JOB, MY EMAIL IS [Edited by Host, Contact info deleted] I WOULD BE SOOO GRATEFUL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Smith in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

Ange in Muskegon, Michigan said: I have worked for Spotlight (the ad sales division of Comcast) for 5 years. As with every company it has it's ups and downs- but they have great benefits and believe it or not, they really do want to take care of the customers and employees. The best way to get into an opening is to go via the comcast.com website and into the career area. You can search the jobs and apply directly there. Anyone trying to get into Comcast these days are all sent there to start. Good luck and be persistant!

If you could please contact me I would appreciate it. I am a master electrician looking for a comcast position doing anything since I am currently laid off.

Steven Smith in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

I am a master electrician very interested in comcast [Edited by Host, Contact info deleted ].

Thank you

jackie hailey in Spring, Texas

90 months ago

I am looking for a office position how do I apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.