How long does it take Comcast to complete a background check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 176)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

JHowl in Beverly Hills, California

74 months ago

Charmed1 in Matteson, Illinois said: I got an offer from comcast last wednesday(aug 6,2008). I even filled out new hire paperwork and information for my id. They told me the just have to do a background check, I took the drug test the same day I filled out my new hire paperwork. It's been a week haven't heard from anyone yet. Is this normal???????????

Just curious.... Have you heard back yet? I am in the same boat you were in...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charmed1 in Matteson, Illinois

74 months ago

I did hear back from them 8 days later and they also provided me with a copy of the background check. Everything on my background checked out. I start monday sept 1. What takes so long is, when they can't get in touch with your references or work contacts, they have to keep calling back until they get a response. Good Luck.
If they take to long, call them like I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JHowl in Beverly Hills, California

74 months ago

So what all do they check for do you know? I thought it was just criminal and employment but I am hearing that they do a credit and DMV check. Is this true? Thanks for your response and congratz that you start soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Charmed1 in Matteson, Illinois

74 months ago

They only check your criminal, employment, and education. Thats if you're going for a CAE Inbound sales position. I f your going for a driver position, they also check your motor vehicle record. As far as your credit, they do not check that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DW1 in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

i am waiting also. for the background check, how far back do they go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JHowl in Beverly Hills, California

74 months ago

I think they go back 10 years as far as criminal and I am not sure about the dmv check. I got hired (as long as background checks go through) last Thursday and I have yet to hear from them so ?? what takes them so long!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

infra172 in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

I just got hired by Comcast in Houston after a month-long ordeal of background check. They hire another company to do the check and its the investigative company that drags its feet researching your background.

If anybody has the same problem, contact all of your former employers and educational institutions. Ask them for the name, phone number, and fax number of the person that needs to be contacted to confirm your history at each one. Then, contact the investigative company directly (ask your contact at Comcast) and provide them will all of the names and numbers.

Getting through this is like pulling teeth but you have to do it. I was on the phone with someone every day for two weeks before they hired me (and still hadn't confirmed that I graduated from High School). Maybe they just got tired of hearing my voice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

InsertNameHere in Edmonds, Washington

73 months ago

I just started the background check process. I was told that it will take 7-10 business days. On the application for the background check there was spaces to fill in 3 references, 3 past jobs, education, address, and SSN. They also send you for a drug test. I hope to hear back this week to get cleared to start the training classes Oct 6th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

christopher08 in Inkster, Michigan

73 months ago

InsertNameHere in Edmonds, Washington said: I just started the background check process. I was told that it will take 7-10 business days. On the application for the background check there was spaces to fill in 3 references, 3 past jobs, education, address, and SSN. They also send you for a drug test. I hope to hear back this week to get cleared to start the training classes Oct 6th.

I was just wondering what kind of process you had to go through. I went last week and took the assessment test and passed, and this morning I went for an interview, and then on to a second interview. They said they would be in touch with me soon. Did they tell you this too, or were you hired on the spot after your interviews? I am hoping that if they weren't going to hire me they would have said something to me today, instead of letting me hope until I get that dreadful phone call or letter saying "sorry".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

InsertNameHere in Edmonds, Washington

72 months ago

christopher08 in Inkster, Michigan said: I was just wondering what kind of process you had to go through. I went last week and took the assessment test and passed, and this morning I went for an interview, and then on to a second interview. They said they would be in touch with me soon. Did they tell you this too, or were you hired on the spot after your interviews? I am hoping that if they weren't going to hire me they would have said something to me today, instead of letting me hope until I get that dreadful phone call or letter saying "sorry".

I filled out the online application one night at like 2am. The next morning i got an email inviting me to come take the test the next day. I passed the test on a Thursday and right after the test they set me up with a phone interview for the next Monday. On Monday I had the phone interview and they told me they would like to invite me in for a supervisor interview. That was scheduled for Thursday. After the interview they told me that they had a few more interviews and they would contact me the following week. The next morning my phone rang and it was the girl in HR I had been working with. She asked if I could come in that day to talk to her. I asked her if this was for another interview and she said they would like to offer me the job and I needed to come in and fill out paperwork. I went right in, filled out paperwork for the background check, took the drug test and she told me it would take 7-10 days. The next Wednesday she called me and told me that everything came back great and i was scheduled to start "comcast university".

Good luck and I hope the process works out for you! It is quite a process and an emotional roller coaster ride but I hope in the end it will be worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

christopher08 in Inkster, Michigan

72 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Suppertime17 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Really i go in for the pre assesment taest on tuesday. The background is the only thing that scares me. I no no criminal background and a high school diploma so i shouldn't have nothing to worry about. With the employment check do they see everyone who you had a job with or they only check the ones that you listed for them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

christopher08 in Inkster, Michigan

72 months ago

I believe the background check will show all of your past employers. That is why they give you so many spaces on the application to fill in your employment history, up to ten years. Just make sure all the information is accurate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

poseidonandthebitterbug in Concord, California

67 months ago

They're doing my background check as we speak, but they called me and said that I need to get them a copy of my high school diploma. I graduated 13 years ago in Ohio and I live in California now. The school I went to is making me mail them a check and then they'll mail me a copy. Talk about a long, unnecessarily tedious process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Byerly in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Charmed1 in Matteson, Illinois said: I got an offer from comcast last wednesday(aug 6,2008). I even filled out new hire paperwork and information for my id. They told me the just have to do a background check, I took the drug test the same day I filled out my new hire paperwork. It's been a week haven't heard from anyone yet. Is this normal???????????

Man I am freaking out over this. I was offered a job on March 10th. The agency I am going through has absolutely told me there is nothing to worry about, and I am as clean as a whisle. They told me they are waiting on Pennsylvania courts to get back to them. I left PA in 1983. As much as I am being assured this will be resolved quickly, they have already said that once or twice.

What is the deal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Byerly in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

InsertNameHere in Edmonds, Washington said: I filled out the online application one night at like 2am. The next morning i got an email inviting me to come take the test the next day. I passed the test on a Thursday and right after the test they set me up with a phone interview for the next Monday. On Monday I had the phone interview and they told me they would like to invite me in for a supervisor interview. That was scheduled for Thursday. After the interview they told me that they had a few more interviews and they would contact me the following week. The next morning my phone rang and it was the girl in HR I had been working with. She asked if I could come in that day to talk to her. I asked her if this was for another interview and she said they would like to offer me the job and I needed to come in and fill out paperwork. I went right in, filled out paperwork for the background check, took the drug test and she told me it would take 7-10 days. The next Wednesday she called me and told me that everything came back great and i was scheduled to start "comcast university".

Good luck and I hope the process works out for you! It is quite a process and an emotional roller coaster ride but I hope in the end it will be worth it!

Thanks for the info. I am comletely clean on a background check. The agency I am going through assures me there is not a problem. I live in Texas and I am told they are waiting on the Pennsyvania court system. I left PA in 1983

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

drizzy in Capitol Heights, Maryland

45 months ago

Charmed1 in Matteson, Illinois said: I got an offer from comcast last wednesday(aug 6,2008). I even filled out new hire paperwork and information for my id. They told me the just have to do a background check, I took the drug test the same day I filled out my new hire paperwork. It's been a week haven't heard from anyone yet. Is this normal???????????

How long did it take to get the drug test results back from the lab?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elijah in New Baltimore, Michigan

44 months ago

drizzy in Capitol Heights, Maryland said: How long did it take to get the drug test results back from the lab?

Unless there is a discression most of the time it is checked on site and e-mailed same day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

just got hired

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

11 months ago

How long did the background check take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

72000 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: How long did the background check take?

Mines took three days

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lgibbs7399 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

I filled an was offered a position for retention in mississippi. I passed drug test. Its been about 2 weeks since i heard from them. The last time i talked to them they requested my high school diploma. I sent that off. and as far as i know they contacted only one of my employee references. somebody please insure me that i shouldnt be worried. I know the start date is nov 11, thats right around the corner. it just seem like they wouldve sent me something stating where to go for classes or sumn, somebody please help a sista out. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Lumberton, Mississippi

11 months ago

Well my class starts Nov. 18th and it has been about 6 business days (seems like a month) since I took the drug test and filled out the form for the background check. I contacted Carco to check the status of the check and I was told that they had finished my review and found no discrepancies (3 business days ago) and if I had any questions I could contact my recruiter but I have chosen not to do that and to just wait on him to contact me. I'm not sure what the hold up is on them letting you know the final decision but they WILL have to tell you something one way or the other whether it's by phone, email, or mail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Same thing happen to me but I email my recruiter n n said that will send you a final offer but that Friday I wrote him again n he sent me a welcome to Comcast email...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Lumberton, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi said: Same thing happen to me but I email my recruiter n n said that will send you a final offer but that Friday I wrote him again n he sent me a welcome to Comcast email...

How do you obtain the recruiters information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

You should have their email when they emailed you the first offer letter If not call Carco n ask them yo mail you your background check b the email is listed on there.. I start on the 11th n Jackson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Have you heard anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

lgibbs7399 in Jackson, Mississippi said: I filled an was offered a position for retention in mississippi. I passed drug test. Its been about 2 weeks since i heard from them. The last time i talked to them they requested my high school diploma. I sent that off. and as far as i know they contacted only one of my employee references. somebody please insure me that i shouldnt be worried. I know the start date is nov 11, thats right around the corner. it just seem like they wouldve sent me something stating where to go for classes or sumn, somebody please help a sista out. lol

Have you head anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Lumberton, Mississippi

11 months ago

Ok. Thanks. I got the first offer by Comcast over the phone for the Madison location and I'm gonna call Carco now to get a copy of the background check. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

72000 in Lumberton, Mississippi said: Ok. Thanks. I got the first offer by Comcast over the phone for the Madison location and I'm gonna call Carco now to get a copy of the background check. Thanks.

Koo.. Glad we on the team, but don't worry the hr returns calls or email us like they should but trust me you will have everything you need before your start date.. You should be getting your Welcome to Comcast email any-day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Lumberton, Mississippi

11 months ago

I just contacted Carco and was told that my case was completed on Thursday, October 24 and that Everything came back clear but Comcast is still reviewing it and to give them a couple of more days to contact me. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lgibbs7399 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi Yes they sent me a welcome to comcast email. Telling me w4 information and my start date is Nov 11

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tdt in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi said: Koo.. Glad we on the team, but don't worry the hr returns calls or email us like they should but trust me you will have everything you need before your start date.. You should be getting your Welcome to Comcast email any-day

do u remember what number you called for carco because i havent heard anything yet since they requested my diploma and i sent it in on oct 21st and its nov 4th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tdt in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

lgibbs7399 in Jackson, Mississippi said: Yoboi in Jackson, Mississippi Yes they sent me a welcome to comcast email. Telling me w4 information and my start date is Nov 11

im very worried. i havent heard anything since the drug test (10/21) and they requested my diploma for my background check but i sent it back in on the 21st of oct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

I tried to send it but it said the forum does not allow phone numbers. Just google it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

(800 have your case number or ssn goodluck 969 man 2272

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

tdt in Brandon, Mississippi said: im very worried. i havent heard anything since the drug test (10/21) and they requested my diploma for my background check but i sent it back in on the 21st of oct.

What position did you apply for and what is suppose to be your start date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi said: (800 have your case number or ssn goodluck 969 man 2272

Lol!! Smart!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

Mines came back the same week background n drug test I start Monday the 11th in Jackson Retention

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi said: Lol!! Smart!

Lol ... You just got hired

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi said: Mines came back the same week background n drug test I start Monday the 11th in Jackson Retention

Did they send your background check info w/o you having to request it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi said: Lol ... You just got hired

Nope. I'm still waiting for my welcome letter. Haven't heard from them since i filled out the form for the background check and it was completed over a week ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

I had to call n request mines got three days later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi said: Nope. I'm still waiting for my welcome letter. Haven't heard from them since i filled out the form for the background check and it was completed over a week ago.

I got mines Friday via email witch department?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi said: I got mines Friday via email witch department?

IP support. I filled out the form for the background check on Oct. 18th. Suppose to start November 18th. Haven't heard anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TINY in Maywood, Illinois

11 months ago

I BEEN WAITING ON MINE FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME I SENT MINES OVER AN THEY SAY THEY WAITING ON THE SCHOOL TO GIVE THEM THE INFO THEY NEED I THINK THE CLASSES START NOV 11 AS WELL HERE IN CHICAGO IL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoboi in Brandon, Mississippi

11 months ago

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi said: IP support. I filled out the form for the background check on Oct. 18th. Suppose to start November 18th. Haven't heard anything.

In madison I start Monday the 11th at830

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

11 months ago

TINY in Maywood, Illinois said: I BEEN WAITING ON MINE FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME I SENT MINES OVER AN THEY SAY THEY WAITING ON THE SCHOOL TO GIVE THEM THE INFO THEY NEED I THINK THE CLASSES START NOV 11 AS WELL HERE IN CHICAGO IL

Well if I were you, I'd be trying to contact someone tomorrow because the 11th is Monday. You need to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Acl5190 in Denham Springs, Louisiana

11 months ago

tdt in Brandon, Mississippi said: im very worried. i havent heard anything since the drug test (10/21) and they requested my diploma for my background check but i sent it back in on the 21st of oct.

Okay!! I'm in the same boat with you!! I did all mine on 10-18???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Acl5190 in Denham Springs, Louisiana

11 months ago

I called the number they contacted me from & it's a straight busy signal!! It's really frustrating. They said training starts on 11/18 for tech support in Madison! At least I'm not the only one!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.