How to get a job at CVS/Pharmacy.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at CVS/Pharmacy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Rosa Smalls in Albany, New York

92 months ago

I Enterested in a Job at CVS! I believe The store at new scottland Ave in front of St Peter's hospital. Is looking for someone to work as a helper at the pharmacy. If you may plaese let me know how to get the information for this location. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (170) / No (74) Reply - Report abuse

Johnny Carrion in Millis, Massachusetts

92 months ago

I see in ashland store are hiring and i enterested in a job because i have a family.and i always work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

cassandra murray

90 months ago

cassandra murray said: want to apply employment

meokay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

721 in Tucson, Arizona

89 months ago

Rosa Smalls in Albany, New York said: I Enterested in a Job at CVS! I believe The store at new scottland Ave in front of St Peter's hospital. Is looking for someone to work as a helper at the pharmacy. If you may plaese let me know how to get the information for this location. thank you

I don't work for CVS, but if you are interested in a job at a particular location, I'd suggest either going to that location and ask for an application there, or go to their web site and look at their career opportunities. Many web sites list what jobs are available by specific location. I don't know the web site address off of the top of my head, but I'd bet it's something like cvs.com. I just looked it up and yo can check them out at www.cvs.com/corpInfo/careers/index.html.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

B in Adrian, Michigan

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at CVS/Pharmacy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Fill out the on line application, be detailed and flexable about what positions you are looking for. Be flexible on availability and hours you will work, Almost everyone I know at CVS has gotten their position after filling out the application on line. You must if hired pass a background check, almost everyone starts part-time and works up. It is a very good place to work and they do promote from within.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

B in Adrian, Michigan

89 months ago

Rosa Smalls in Albany, New York said: I Enterested in a Job at CVS! I believe The store at new scottland Ave in front of St Peter's hospital. Is looking for someone to work as a helper at the pharmacy. If you may plaese let me know how to get the information for this location. thank you

Go to the CVS web site and do a position seach by location

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

B in Adrian, Michigan

89 months ago

721 in Tucson, Arizona said: I don't work for CVS, but if you are interested in a job at a particular location, I'd suggest either going to that location and ask for an application there, or go to their web site and look at their career opportunities. Many web sites list what jobs are available by specific location. I don't know the web site address off of the top of my head, but I'd bet it's something like cvs.com. I just looked it up and yo can check them out at www.cvs.com/corpInfo/careers/index.html.

Good luck!

I do work for CVS you can go to the store and fill out an application on the in store access, (not a paper application) however I recommend you go on line and fill out the application, be very detailed and flexable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

newtocvs

88 months ago

Hi all. I just got hired at cvs as a Pharm tech. Can anyone tell me anything about the insurance? Cost and all that.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

MS.T in Hollywood, Florida

88 months ago

I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND THE APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR THE CVS JOB! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (232) / No (67) Reply - Report abuse

roshani

86 months ago

i am looking for the part time job at pharmacy.can any one help me how can i apply ,if i have completed my pharmacy degree from other country and i am going to here pharmacy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Rockford, Illinois

86 months ago

I cannot find a job application gor this company. Little help. please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

trt

86 months ago

fgrftgf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

victor padilla in Kansas City, Missouri

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at CVS/Pharmacy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview? by waking in.

yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

victor padilla in Kansas City, Missouri

86 months ago

i want this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

isom gladden in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

seeking employment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

LLTJ in Norristown, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I have worked for CVS Caremark for over 1 year. The company is like any other retail pharmacy in that to get a job, you must apply online to the specific store. You must know the address of the store you want to work for, otherwise, your application will be sent to the wrong one. Here's my steps for a success:

1. Go to the location where you want to work. Dress very well, not business attire, but a nice button down shirt and slacks for men. Bring with you a resume, a letter of recommendation, and an availability statement.

2. Ask for the store manager. If they are not there, then ask when they will return, and be sure to thank the person who told you, and be nice to them. They will be your foot in the door.

3. Meet the manager. Be confident. Say the following: "Hi! I'm _______. I'm interested in applying for the _______ position listed on the front door."

4. If you've worked in this industy before, be sure to mention it. Also, if you have prior experience in retail, be sure to mention it.

5. Impress the manager by knowing information about the company. I.E. The company's mission is to _________.

6. Give the manager your resume, reference letters, and availability schedule.

7. Follow up with the manager.

8. Always see things as a customer would. Customers drive this industry.

9. Don't become cynical. Retail makes its employees feel unrecognized. You have the ability to maintain a positive outlook, and share positive energy everyday in this enviornment.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

LaShonda Bush in Waco, Texas

83 months ago

I would love to work for Cvs Pharmacy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Oliver in Darby, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Hello, I just applied for CVS and what do I do after I hand in the application? Do I call them or what? Please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

sasha20 in Douglas, Georgia

81 months ago

how can i go about getting a job at cvs online

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Pasetrt in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Host said: Do you work at CVS/Pharmacy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

CVS-Pharmacy online
now 1325986 people
shurl.net/74R
All Ok

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

heather nation in Cartersville, Georgia

78 months ago

i would like to work at cvspha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

heather nation in Cartersville, Georgia

78 months ago

i need a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Juanita D in Visalia, California

78 months ago

How may I apply for a job with your company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

nital patel in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

i want part time job in cvs pharmacy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

aitali in arlignton, Virginia

78 months ago

I dlike to work with cvs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

hanif in New York, New York

77 months ago

B in Adrian, Michigan said: Fill out the on line application, be detailed and flexable about what positions you are looking for. Be flexible on availability and hours you will work, Almost everyone I know at CVS has gotten their position after filling out the application on line. You must if hired pass a background check, almost everyone starts part-time and works up. It is a very good place to work and they do promote from within.
Hi This Is Hanif me looking for this job please call me 347-259-7428

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

JESSICA GONZALEZ in FARMINGTON, Connecticut

77 months ago

I LOVE CUSTOMER SERVIOCE I LOVE TO WORK WITH PEOPLE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Luisa Fitiao in Compton, California

77 months ago

how can i apply for a job on cvs pharmacy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ashley bienick in edwardsville, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

i am trying to look for a job application and i cannot find one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

evelyn Poku in Worcester, Massachusetts

76 months ago

lm looking for work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

evelyn Poku in Worcester, Massachusetts

76 months ago

lm looking for job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

amber ronquillo in Santa Ana, California

76 months ago

B in Adrian, Michigan said: Fill out the on line application, be detailed and flexable about what positions you are looking for. Be flexible on availability and hours you will work, Almost everyone I know at CVS has gotten their position after filling out the application on line. You must if hired pass a background check, almost everyone starts part-time and works up. It is a very good place to work and they do promote from within.

How long do background checks take & what do they consist of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

phi in Plano, Texas

75 months ago

phi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

sabina ofori in Worcester, Massachusetts

75 months ago

any job at cvs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Im intresting to work as soon as possible

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Johnny Carrion in Millis, Massachusetts said: I see in ashland store are hiring and i enterested in a job because i have a family.and i always work

Im intresting to work as soon as possible

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I want to work as soon as possble

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

amy buenrostro in Fresno, California

75 months ago

i want to work there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Dsouza in Alexandria, Virginia

74 months ago

i did apply at cvs, but there was a online personality test of almost 20 pages. I failed to pass the test. did anyone encounter this??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

CVS is an OKAY company to work for but if you are looking for a career this is definitely not the company especially if you work in the retail department. Crappy pay & long hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

amber ronquillo in Santa Ana, California said: How long do background checks take & what do they consist of?

Background checks take like 3 weeks from the interview date. They check literally every thing. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jollanar in Canton, Michigan

74 months ago

I'm seeking for a job at cvs pharmacy in canton,at
225 north sheldon rd.,canton,mi,48187.
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

valerie in Kingston, New York

73 months ago

how much do they pay also weekly or bi weekly what is starting pay for the photo lab

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Needinformation in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

If you guys need to or want to apply for a job with CVS Caremark, please head over to the following address: http:\\www.cvs.com\careers. You can apply from this point.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

RAQUELITA in Miami, Florida

65 months ago

How I get a job in CVS /Pharmacy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

carelle njampou in Silver Spring, Maryland

63 months ago

i want to work like a cashier

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

User in Summerville, South Carolina

42 months ago

I suggest doing what one user said earlier, go on-line, fill out an application under careers. It isn't too hard to find. Put in for all the stores in your area that are hiring. Be flexible but at the same time don't put in certain hours if you really can't work them. Know about the company. Meet some of the people by going in and buying something on occasion. The more people you know just by general conversation, the more helpful they will be in letting you know what jobs are available and the hours you can put in for. When you fill out your application don't make any errors or scribble marks if they ask you to write it out again on site (even though you did this online)--yes they can ask you to do that. Bring your info on any jobs you've had, resume included--if you have one. Be prepared. Ask questions when they ask you if you have any. 4 good questions will show them you're interested. Make sure you thank them before you leave the interview. If they ask you why did you apply for the job don't say something silly like 'cause I need the money.' That's just too basic and you may not get the job.

**On a side note: You must pass their job assessment test that's on-line filled with 99 questions before they'll consider you. It's a test of your character and if they think you will be a good fit for them. Stay positive, times are hard for everyone. Best of luck, God Bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

User in Summerville, South Carolina

42 months ago

Also don't forget to bring a pen to the interview. If you forget your pen that's like you're forgetting your brain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa Boyer in Kansas City, Missouri

21 months ago

Host said: Do you work at CVS /Pharmacy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Career services

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.