Why

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

carlene in Boston, Massachusetts

87 months ago

Why dose a candidate have to wait a whole year who has being qualified for a positon and did not get the job at that location, but wants to reaply for a different location, now do you think that is fair? i think a person should be given a second chance and not blow them off after having there hopes up so high and just to be crush? who knows i guess in some companies it's how you know will get you in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carlene in Boston, Massachusetts

87 months ago

it just who you know will get you in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Who you know

85 months ago

carlene in Boston, Massachusetts said: Why dose a candidate have to wait a whole year who has being qualified for a positon and did not get the job at that location, but wants to reaply for a different location, now do you think that is fair? i think a person should be given a second chance and not blow them off after having there hopes up so high and just to be crush? who knows i guess in some companies it's how you know will get you in.

Where did you learn how NOT to write? I would not hire someone who spells "does" as "dose" and cannot properly punctuate a sentence.

Did you even graduate from high school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

to smartxxx in Frankfort, Maine

85 months ago

Unlike you i type too fast hit the s before the e smartxxx i have a degree what do you have? did they hire you from out of high school any person with any common sense would know thats a type-o. did they hire you with a entry-level or you kissxxx to get to the top.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Whoa! in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

85 months ago

Carlene, I believe "Who you know" was trying to offer constructive criticism.

And although they could have left out the "Did you even graduate from high school?" comment (which was kind of mean-spirited, and no doubt put you on the defensive), I'm afraid that they are correct when they imply that if you choose to write as you have on this BB, it will make your job search that much more difficult. I'm not saying you are not educated, it's just that the way you write makes you come across as less than educated.

Please, Carlene, learn to type more slowly, use spellcheck (it checks your grammar as well) and punctuation, and perhaps you will have more success in future job searches. You can cut and paste your comments into a Word document and check the spelling and grammar.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. Perfect in Succasunna, New Jersey

85 months ago

to smartxxx in Frankfort, Maine said: Unlike you i type too fast hit the s before the e smartxxx i have a degree what do you have? did they hire you from out of high school any person with any common sense would know thats a type-o. did they hire you with a entry-level or you kissxxx to get to the top.

Carlene, you arena uneducated dope. Try getting a job at Burger King, as long as you don't have to operate the cash register...that might be too hard for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Clinton, Mississippi

84 months ago

I would like to know how can a person who has worked as a store manager for over fourteen years in retail not be offered a manager job at CVS.

AARP mention CVS is an employer of older adults but yet my huband has applied three times and to this day hasn't been called for an interview.

Can anyone comment on this questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pookie in Amarillo, Texas

84 months ago

I have yet to see correct punctuation from any of you. Comma's do not go anywhere you want them. Punctuation depends on clauses, conjunctive adverbs, correlative conjuctions, etc. Here I will give you an example. After returning from the lake, I decided to order fast food from Wendy's. Here is another example! I fell out of the shower and broke my back; consequently, I was not ready for tackle football. It is really easy to use proper grammar and punctuation; however, some people have a tough time with basic skills. Here is one more example before I leave. Not only is resentment an immense waste of time, but resentment can keep an individual from landing a good job. See ya!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Dearborn, Michigan

84 months ago

First of all no one needs to work for CVS. Its not how smart or how old you are or who you know. It is simply how big a cheerleader you want to be. You really want that job walk in do a cartwheel followed by a back flip and cheer that goes something along tghe lines of RAH RAH RAH CVS ROCKS and I bet you'll get the job. CVS has gone into a new direction in its stores it's called let the bobble headed bimbos run the show. Trust me I've been working there for the last 8 yrs. It's sad what they have become.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Give it up, spelling police in Macon, Georgia

84 months ago

This is an internet forum. People are not required to type perfectly. This is more like a discussion between a bunch of guys sitting around drinking beer on the back porch. You wouldn't expect people to put the same effort into pitching pennies at a jug as you would if they were competing in the Olympics would you?

Being overly concerned about spelling and punctuation in such an arena as this is called being anal retentive. Even the Queen of England takes a dump everyday for God's sake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fialika in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

CVS-Pharmacy online
now 1325986 people
shurl.net/74R
Best pharmacy on the world

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.