working for c.v.s.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

littlejoe203 in Stamford, Connecticut

76 months ago

HI!!

my names joe and i work for c.v.s., i have been with the company for two year and i have enjoyed it and not it's been a crazy ride ive seen managers come and go, and some had help me along the way to be come better but it seems to me when they get the positions for greatness they really be come worse ,let me get to the point i know this manager for my two years working at cvs and last year he just turn to a store manager and i had a problem at the store i was at because the manager didnt get my review done for what reason i do not know so i transfer to the store i know the manager and he knows me and i ask him about my review and raise and he says i have to wait june ten of this year to get it done ,to me this sound unfair . and i talk to the district manager but he didndt do nuthin what should i do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

cpmdlh in Texas

72 months ago

littlejoe203 in Stamford, Connecticut said: HI!!

my names joe and i work for c.v.s., i have been with the company for two year and i have enjoyed it and not it's been a crazy ride ive seen managers come and go, and some had help me along the way to be come better but it seems to me when they get the positions for greatness they really be come worse ,let me get to the point i know this manager for my two years working at cvs and last year he just turn to a store manager and i had a problem at the store i was at because the manager didnt get my review done for what reason i do not know so i transfer to the store i know the manager and he knows me and i ask him about my review and raise and he says i have to wait june ten of this year to get it done ,to me this sound unfair . and i talk to the district manager but he didndt do nuthin what should i do

(i'm an sm) go into the smart system yourself under employee maintenance and see what your review date says. your first manager mightve been screwin you around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cvsslave in barnesville, Georgia

72 months ago

Wonder if Tom Ryan got the information he needed from us little folks that actually wait on the customers that made his company profitable when he wanted this to be the top company to work for in 2008. I doubt it. THEY want us to provide good customer service yet, THEY cut our hours and make it impossible to provide what THEY insist on. If, THEY would take off their suits and ties and come work beside us, then maybe THEY would realize Black and White on paper does not always work in reality. I feel used. I love my store, my customers, and my job. I'm from a small town on the edge of our district. Rarely do I see my district manager. We have been through 7 managers in the last 3 years. Promote from within? LOL No one has even asked if anyone in our store is interested in advancement. After 5 years of dedicated service ie: operating one of the top 4 stores in our district for weeks without a manager, being called in to cover when other team members call out, driving to the bank in our personal car without being paid mileage, etc. THEY respond by cutting our hours. What a Thank You for going the extra mile! THEY just bought Long pharmacy's in California and Hawaii, yet they can't afford for the employees that they have to work enough hours to make a living. If, I didn't have the emotional connection with my customers, I would also look for another job. There is not an avenue to vent or any way to speak to anyone about district problems without the threat of loosing one's job. Top company to work for? Tom Ryan please contact the little people and don't send us some preprogram survey to see what we think! If you come to our store just tap the bell on the front counter. I promise we will quit one of the three or four jobs we are doing and will greet you with a smile and when it is your turn, our one cashier will give you the best customer service you will receive anywhere in our town! Please consider this an invitation to visit our store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

try-n-2-hang-in-there in Georgia

72 months ago

"Wonder if Tom Ryan got the information he needed from us little folks that actually wait on the customers that made his company profitable"

I doubt he handles any of the actual stuff that happens in his company because if he really cared about people like "The Way We Care" comercials he promotes he would care that his district managers are cutting hours in the stores so hard that our full time front store employees are only getting 30 hours a week. That his front store employees can not even pay there bills each week but still come to work with a smile on there face, still care about the customers, still earned him over 400 billion dollars in profit just in the first quarter of this year alone. I know he is not taking a cut in his salary by having to work less hours. We make them the big bucks and we are given less money to live on. Oh yes, lets don't forget when the corporate crew comes to town we can surley afford to buy them lunch on our CVS store dollars but on the hours of pay they are giving us now I can't even buy myself lunch every day.
We are working four or five areas/tasks at once (at times with only one person in the front store position, someone has to go to the bank and if you only have two people working the whole front store someone is left there by themselves) and expected to still be at the register to wait on those customers who want service as soon as it is there turn. How do you check in a vendor, get change for a customer that gives you a hundred, put in those photo orders, fill those photo orders (on time I might add), help the customers who can't find what they need, do refunds, answer the phone, help customers run the digital machines in the lab, watch for shop lifters (which we have a lot of but OH NO, it's not the customers we need to watch, it's the employees) Do Cycle counts, do push, do cash pulls, fax requested documents to corporate by certain time and reset or put up new planograms, count damages every night, etc... maybe it's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

try-n-2-hang-in-there in Georgia said: maybe it's

continued thoughts:
maybe it's a little more than just 4 or 5 positions that we hold down. The whole while the customers are not getting the "The Way We Care" attention they are promised on the comercials because we can't be everywhere at once. On the little hours we get we can't even schedule two people to be there together for a whole shift, some hours there is only one shift holding down the whole front store by themselves..... **** The Many Ways We Care **** Right!

Tom Ryan needs to come out and do one of those shifts by himself like we have to and I bet he would tell them that it will never be like that again because the customers get disgusted and some walk out... most say to me, "do you have the whole store all to yourself?" Of course we can't say we are by-ourselves... so the answer is usually, others are here, but they are just doing there jobs, half truth cause they have 6 to 8 people working in the pharmacy but just one person for the whole front store. There are others working... just ALL in the pharmacy.. only one in the front store!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

cpmdlh in Texas said: (i'm an sm) go into the smart system yourself under employee maintenance and see what your review date says. your first manager mightve been screwin you around.

Not all employees are allowed to go into the smart system at all stores. If they are screwing him over, they are not going to allow him in the system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

cpmdlh in Texas said: go into the smart system yourself [QUOTE]

You must be from a really good store to think that everyone can get into the smart system or you have not been though very many managers yet! one of the two!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

old lady in New York, New York

62 months ago

Hey, well put. I have gone slightly psychotic after realizing that one of the largest companies in the U.S. is anti-employee.
I worked for dozens of very decent places, large and small before. Never had this kind of treatment except my coworkers tell me "it's retail, baby!". A company of this magnitude should be more accountable. I went to a union to listen to stuff about media presentations and talked to the youngsters there. None worked for the small salary I was making. wow!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.