Davita News and Happenings.

Comments (3)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Davita stack up against the competition?

Susan in Granite City, Illinois

96 months ago

What competition?

They're busy eating up all the other companies right and left.

Problem is, they pay for all these acquisitions and mergers by cutting back on staffing.

DorkyDarlin in Orlando, Florida

90 months ago

Exactly, What competition?? I worked for "The VIllage" for 10 + years and finally came to my senses. Working for the competition has made me realize that quality patient care really does exist with fair and equitable wages for the employees that are respected and appreciated for their knowledge and skills! Mr. Mayor (Kent Thiry) with his 30+ million in stock options and Million dollar salary should really take a hard long look at how the competition operates. They manage to have a great profit margin and have happy staff and most important have well cared for patients. They dangle their little bonus's and pay substandard wages. I worked in a clinic where we worked 15+ hour days Dialyzed 64 patient in a day with only 16 charis and 4 staff members!!! The competition offered $4.00 more an hour with half the patient load, it was a "no brainer". Dedicated nurses are leaving in droves. Wake up Davita, Fire the number crunchers and practice the core values your three museketeers like to preach!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.