Reservations Agent: Trading/getting out of a shift during first 6 months

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 177)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Froboy in American Fork, Utah

54 months ago

I have a question for anyone who works in Delta as a reservations agent . . . they tell me it is impossible to get out of a shift during your first six months . . . what about a wedding, or sickness . . . how hard is it and how do you go about getting out of a shift during your first six months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Ok so the inside scoop from a friend who is in training is:

For the first 6 weeks 8-430 monday-friday
then it's 2-10pm with midweek days off.

They say that it is impossible to get out of a shift during the first 6 months. Is this really true? What about a sick day, or a wedding, or death in the family, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Ok here's the latest,

My friend tells me that after the 6 week training course you can trade shifts with other employees on a case by case basis.. Not permanent trades until 6 months, but on a case by case basis after 6 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Froboy in Orem, Utah

53 months ago

I was not quite correct. Actually there's no shift flexibility during the first 90 days period. After the 90 days then you can trade shifts with other employees of the same work type as you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trudy in Salt Lake City, Utah

44 months ago

I just applied for Delta, just today got a denial letter for Reservations position in Salt Lake City, I was told by the interviewer that there were 2000 applications or so for 50 openings. I made it to the final interview then I got the denial letter.

"Thank you for taking the time to interview for the Reservations Representative Specialty Sales and Support position for requisition 109097 in Salt Lake City. Our team enjoyed meeting with you to discuss your background and qualifications.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you further consideration for this position.

If other positions become available for which you feel you are qualified, we invite you to resubmit your candidate profile.

Best wishes for a successful and bright future.

Sincerely,
The Delta Talent Acquisition Team"

As far as I remember I had one phone interview, then they called a few weeks later and scheduled the face to face. When I got to the face to face there were a few people there, maybe 7 or so. I don't know...it was pretty competitive...40 applications for every 1 job position. Good luck all

Trudy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trudy in Salt Lake City, Utah

44 months ago

Trudy in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I just applied for Delta, just today got a denial letter for Reservations position in Salt Lake City, I was told by the interviewer that there were 2000 applications or so for 50 openings. I made it to the final interview then a few days later, I got the denial letter via email.

"Thank you for taking the time to interview for the Reservations Representative Specialty Sales and Support position for requisition 109097 in Salt Lake City. Our team enjoyed meeting with you to discuss your background and qualifications.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you further consideration for this position.

If other positions become available for which you feel you are qualified, we invite you to resubmit your candidate profile.

Best wishes for a successful and bright future.

Sincerely,
The Delta Talent Acquisition Team"

As far as I remember I had one phone interview, then they called a few weeks later and scheduled the face to face. When I got to the face to face there were a few people there, maybe 7 or so. I don't know...it was pretty competitive...40 applications for every 1 job position. Good luck all

Trudy

Maybe it sounded confusing, but I did go to the f2f and then a few days later, got the denial letter via email. Good luck guys congrats to you all that made it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kk6619 in Austin, Texas

42 months ago

Froboy in Orem, Utah said: I was not quite correct. Actually there's no shift flexibility during the first 90 days period. After the 90 days then you can trade shifts with other employees of the same work type as you.

HI,

Im scheduled for a face to face for the reservations position in Dallas. Im flying into dallas from out of state. i really hope I get the job its costing me $500 to do the face to face. Anyone else going to interview for this?

For those who were hired already how dose the hire process go after you do the face to face?

Thanks for any help

Mr206 in Fort Worth, Texas

42 months ago

Did you get the position? I interviewed 2 days ago also and was given a conditional job offer during the interview. She said there were few spots left, hope all worked out for you!

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Mr206 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Did you get the position? I interviewed 2 days ago also and was given a conditional job offer during the interview. She said there were few spots left, hope all worked out for you!

I was also given a conditional offer and my background check just cleared last week. Will you attend training this month?

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

kk6619 in Austin, Texas said: HI,

Im scheduled for a face to face for the reservations position in Dallas. Im flying into dallas from out of state. i really hope I get the job its costing me $500 to do the face to face. Anyone else going to interview for this?

For those who were hired already how dose the hire process go after you do the face to face?

Thanks for any help

If the interview goes well, you will be given a conditional offer. If you accept, you must them pass an extensive background and drug test. Once that is complete, a recruiter will call you to let you know if your background check has cleared, then you are good to go. Hope it goes or went well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I'm supposed to start training on the 28th but I'm still getting my background cleared..I've been talking to the people that do it and they just need proof of employment from one of my jobs. Going to get that done Tommorow and hopefully everything else goes ok, keeping my fingers crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Mr206 in Fort Worth, Texas said: I'm supposed to start training on the 28th but I'm still getting my background cleared..I've been talking to the people that do it and they just need proof of employment from one of my jobs. Going to get that done Tommorow and hopefully everything else goes ok, keeping my fingers crossed![/

I had the same problem with them just needing one more employer to call back to verify my employment. After that cleared, I got a call 3 days later to confirm the training date. Keeping my fingers crossed for you but I think you've got it. :)

42 months ago

I got it! :]

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Awesome!!! I knew you would! :). See you in training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Constantlycute in Dallas in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Hello Leilina, my backround was cleared today. I guess I am waiting to hear the next step. I was told by the manager that hired me that there is a city code test the first day, have they provided you with the material or did they just confirm your start date, also is your training 3:30 to midnight?

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas in Dallas, Texas said: Hello Leilina, my backround was cleared today. I guess I am waiting to hear the next step. I was told by the manager that hired me that there is a city code test the first day, have they provided you with the material or did they just confirm your start date, also is your training 3:30 to midnight?

Hi and congrats!!! Unfortunately, I haven't heard about the city code test. They just confirmed my training date and time. I actually chose the 630am-300pm shift. :(. Good luck with everything, though. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Constantlycute in Arlington, Texas

42 months ago

Oh wow, I didnt know there was an early training class, maybe they will let me choose also, I would rather have those hours. The manager that hired me told me that I would get a call or email regarding the material for the test, I have been studying the codes anyway just to get a head start. BTW, did they mention a dress code? Congrats & good luck for all of us starting on the 28th!

Constantlycute in Arlington, Texas

42 months ago

@ Mr206, which training did you select?

I'm sitting on pins & needles waiting for my confirmation call. The young lady that did my background went above & beyod to verify one of my jobs ... Some employers are such jerks and take their sweet time to verify ..... Uggh! Well I waited patiently for that to clear now I must wait patiently for my confirmation call!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Constantlycute in Arlington, Texas said: @ Mr206, which training did you select?

I'm sitting on pins & needles waiting for my confirmation call. The young lady that did my background went above & beyod to verify one of my jobs ... Some employers are such jerks and take their sweet time to verify ..... Uggh! Well I waited patiently for that to clear now I must wait patiently for my confirmation call!

Constantlycute - when I interviewed she said the last spot for the AM class had just been taken, so unfortunately I will also be in the PM class, but it's nice that I already know someone! Lol

Constantlycute in Austin, Texas

42 months ago

Well, I guess the later class is a good thing, we will be well prepared for our first shift. Well, still waiting for the call .... Have they said anything to you regarding the first day city code test? I was told you have to pass it on the first day to continue on through training.

42 months ago

Yes we will, and well rested too! But I think they'll give you more than one chance at it or just go over it with you afterwards...I really don't think they would bring you this far and then fire you on your first day! I can recall 2 past employers who said the same thing but did otherwise, but then again Deltas already suprised me a few times already..

Constantlycute in Austin, Texas

42 months ago

Mr206 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Yes we will, and well rested too! But I think they'll give you more than one chance at it or just go over it with you afterwards...I really don't think they would bring you this far and then fire you on your first day! I can recall 2 past employers who said the same thing but did otherwise, but then again Deltas already suprised me a few times already..

Just got my call! The recruiter confirmed my start date and said they will be in contact with me next week to pick up my first day packet. This packet should include the city codes. I already know someone that did not make it through their Delta reservations training because they failed a test. They are serious. I googled "Delta city codes" and I have been going over them to get a head start. See you in class ... :-D

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Constantlycute in Arlington, Texas said: Oh wow, I didnt know there was an early training class, maybe they will let me choose also, I would rather have those hours. The manager that hired me told me that I would get a call or email regarding the material for the test, I have been studying the codes anyway just to get a head start. BTW, did they mention a dress code? Congrats & good luck for all of us starting on the 28th!

That's awesome you & Mr206 will at least know each other during training. =) I kind of wish I had your shift now but it wouldn't work out with my husband's schedule. I have actually been thinking about what to wear. I'm pretty sure it's casual during training but I would go in business casual the first day unless I hear otherwise. I am quite eager to get the call about when I can pick up my welcome packet. If I get mine before you do, i'll def let you know what I see about dress code or any other pertinent information about our first day. Thanks for the info about the city code tests. It's always great to be prepared ahead of time. =) Good luck... maybe we'll end up with the same work shift after training.

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

I was told their isnt a certain dress code for the position or training, you can wear anything except tank tops, pajama attire and short-shorts.about the city code test ... I am hoping its multiple choice. Ive been writing them down and made some flash cards. Im so excited, I have been looking for a job here in Dallas for 6 months! Im from Jersey .... Long way from home, the flight benefits will definitely be appreciated!

42 months ago

The manager that hired me told me that the first shift after training would be anything after 3:30pm thru 12midnight ...with a Wednesday and Thursday off. I'm hoping I can get a 7pm to 3am, so I can still be around in the evening for my daughter before bedtime. We'll seee :-D

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Lets chat more offline. Email me at lei_Lina@hotmail.com.

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

I m

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

I missed kim's call this morning to schedule a time to pick up my welcome packet. I tried just calling the number I missed back but it has been constantly busy. Would you happen to know her number?

42 months ago

Go to the careers website and put your ifon into returning candidates, there should be an 877 number you can call there.

leilina in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Thanks. Kim called back. :)

42 months ago

Do you guys know which pages were supposed to memorize? I don't know where to start! Hopefully I don't sound too incompetent lol

42 months ago

I went through the book and highlighted where it said memorize. Some say memorize before start of class, memorize 1st assesment, etc. the first assesment is on day 6 of class so try to memorize everything that says before start of class. Everything that says familiarize ive been reading through. I feel like im in college! You will do fine .... Make flash cards of the codes and writing them 10x each helped me.

42 months ago

Did anyone get their onboarding information in the mail or email yet? If so, what is that about?

Current_Employee at Delta in Grapevine, Texas

42 months ago

Hi all.

I just finished this training and the test are TOUGH IF you don't memorize the codes. If you didn't start memorizing the codes prior to training, you probably won't do well. The first test has 100 codes on it. The best way is the flashcard method. Save yourself time and just memorize the AIRPORT codes-not the city codes and the first test has just US STATES on it. You have to have an 85 in order to pass the test. The onboarding packet is really a big binder and the first test which is 2 weeks after you start employment has a lot of information on it from the book.

42 months ago

Wow! Thanks for the info ... When you said the first test has 85 states on it ... You haveto know all the airport codes for that state? Do they allow make up tests or are you pretty much asked to leave training if you fail? I have the codes down pretty goood, its the two letter airline codes and international codes that are the toughest. Im so nervous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

There are no makeup test and the first test has 100 codes on it (unless they change it). There are about 300 codes total to memorize in all but the first. The last two tests had only 50 codes on it. The first test isn't just a code test, it's also stuff you learn in the first two weeks in class-and it's tough. If you can memorize the codes well before class starts, you'll be a step ahead. You can't take the final unless you've scored an 'overall 85'. So..you can get like a 75 but then you pretty much have to make a 90 the last two tests just to take the final. After the 3rd test if you don't have an 85 average, they'll ask you to leave. If you get through the training, it really is a good place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Current_Employee at Delta in Grapevine, Texas said: There are no makeup test and the first test has 100 codes on it (unless they change it). There are about 300 codes total to memorize in all but the first. The last two tests had only 50 codes on it. The first test isn't just a code test, it's also stuff you learn in the first two weeks in class-and it's tough. If you can memorize the codes well before class starts, you'll be a step ahead. You can't take the final unless you've scored an 'overall 85'. So..you can get like a 75 but then you pretty much have to make a 90 the last two tests just to take the final. After the 3rd test if you don't have an 85 average, they'll ask you to leave. If you get through the training, it really is a good place to work.

Thanks so much, I guess I will stop with these definitions and get back on the codes ... I'm going to stay positive. When I see the code, I know the city, my problem is seeing the city and knowing the code.... Congrats on making it through, I hope the rest of us can make it! ...... One more thing, did your onboarding binder come in the mail? What is the dress code during training? Should we bring our own lunch?

42 months ago

The onboarding directs you to the website to view hr information and says that you'll need to memorize the airport codes. There is a very small cafeteria and a very, very small break room that closes at 6p and opens at 6am, but honestly, you're much better off bringing your lunch. There's one fry cook and someone who takes the money so it's nothing fancy. There are microwaves and a fridge. They also have vending machines and an ice machine. Jeans and shirts are fine for training and beyond. The dress is pretty loose there. Delta is a good job with awesome benefits but they don't invest a dime in their employee areas/cafeteria or restrooms. You also share desks and get a locker to put your stuff in. It's a far walk in the parking lot especially if you're on the later shift so wear comfortable shoes-lol. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

By the way, I can't stress this enough-there are NO second chances at the tests. You score lower than an 85 you just hope you do better on the next one. You don't get an opportunity to retake it and the following test comes a week after the first test and the next a week after that test-then the final. Sleep will be far and few between as there is so much to learn-it's like going back to school. Know the codes, know the codes, know the codes.

42 months ago

Thank you soooo much, I feel so much better with this information. I'm confident I will do well!

scoobyrx790 in Tampa, Florida

37 months ago

Would there be anyone out there who could provide me with some sort of 'documentation' or a 'web link' where I can read out something related to the: "Six (6) months 'probation period' " one has to go first after initially hired.
Regards and thanks in advance.

New Hire

35 months ago

I understand the trainings are mandatory for the reservation agents. How about if there is a family emergency where you have to be out for days? Would they work with you and maybe let you attend the next training or would they just fire you? Thanks in advance.

35 months ago

You cannot miss "days" out of training. missing one day can really set you back because it is a lot of info to retain and you must pass every test, every week or you will be let go. Training classes are not one behind the other... There will be an AM class and PM class, if you leave training, you will have to wait until they are hiring again. They are really strict with attending training and being on time.

35 months ago

Froboy in American Fork, Utah said: Ok so the inside scoop from a friend who is in training is:

For the first 6 weeks 8-430 monday-friday
then it's 2-10pm with midweek days off.

They say that it is impossible to get out of a shift during the first 6 months. Is this really true? What about a sick day, or a wedding, or death in the family, etc.

You can swap shifts or give your shift away after the 10 week on the job training is over, you will get some days to use after training, just use them wisely

New Hire

35 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: You cannot miss "days" out of training. missing one day can really set you back because it is a lot of info to retain and you must pass every test, every week or you will be let go. Training classes are not one behind the other... There will be an AM class and PM class, if you leave training, you will have to wait until they are hiring again. They are really strict with attending training and being on time.

Very helpful Constantlycute. I have two little ones and with the flu season coming so fast, i just had to think ahead.

osugirl66 in Arlington, Texas

34 months ago

What are the test like? All fill in the blank or multiple choice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Both. You must study. If you do not have an average of at least 85 you will fail. no retakes ... you fail the final test you will not get the job. There were two people that failed when I took it.

brit in Draper, Utah

28 months ago

Hi, I had the f2f the week before last in SLC,Ut. said they were going to call last week but still nothing, haven't even heard about my background status. How do i find this out and if they send a rejection letter do they usually send it right away?

carlie22168 in St. Cloud, Minnesota

19 months ago

I applied at MSP. Had my f2f during the week of Thanksgiving. Last Wednesday, they called to confirm my contact information. I have not heard anything since. Did Anyone else apply for rez agent @ MSP?

Stephie Gee in Maple Grove, Minnesota

19 months ago

carlie22168 in St. Cloud, Minnesota said: I applied at MSP. Had my f2f during the week of Thanksgiving. Last Wednesday, they called to confirm my contact information. I have not heard anything since. Did Anyone else apply for rez agent @ MSP?

I had f2f in November. called repeatedly all December and tol d SR. recruiter would call back. Nothing. I then got a call last week 1/2 in response to reservations position and congratulations on to the assessment. I kept trying to explain that I did the assessment for this job, did the f2f and they didn't get it, kept reading from script. One recruiter said, oh, you were suppose to move forward, I will have someone call you back, Nothing. Now...lthat profile says I was not selected...mysteriously bu they called today to keave message to move forward. I want to work with DELTA, these recruiters are not delta employees as one read me the script for waste management. MThat being said,they don't understand that some cannot sit 3 monts with no answer and that I would like to know what happened to info from my first interview, they had no record of it. I though classes started here on 14th of January, which I was fully able to start. Now another face to face and how long of an additional wait? I feel bad when delta loses quality candidatesmthat really want to work for them when these "recruiting errors"happen. We will see....good lck to you....I hope you hear something. My face 2 face was thanksgiving too....wasn't "not selected" yesterday until I asked why it was a duplicate and said II just did all this. WIsh someone would have spoken to me off script like a human so they would understand....

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.