Delta Ready Reserve in LGA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 125)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Hello All,
Im currently in the hiring process for Delta Ready Reserve at LGA and just wanted to know if anyone whose held that position or similar might be able to provide any insight on the training, scheduling, etc. at the LGA station. Ive been an csa before so Im interested to find out if the ready reserve position is as schedule stringent as most other csa jobs at most airlines. thanks in advance for any info provided!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

59 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: Hello All,
Im currently in the hiring process for Delta Ready Reserve at LGA and just wanted to know if anyone whose held that position or similar might be able to provide any insight on the training, scheduling, etc. at the LGA station. Ive been an csa before so Im interested to find out if the ready reserve position is as schedule stringent as most other csa jobs at most airlines. thanks in advance for any info provided!

I had a F2F @ LGA abt 7 days ago and I havn't heard a word i dnt know if Im goin to hired or not. Or if they doing bck grnd chks or wht

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: I had a F2F @ LGA abt 7 days ago and I havn't heard a word i dnt know if Im goin to hired or not. Or if they doing bck grnd chks or wht

was it for ready reserve or the ramp agent position you were going for? did they let you know how long training was? im moving up to there for school so im tryna gauge if the training will be possible before i start.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

59 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: was it for ready reserve or the ramp agent position you were going for? did they let you know how long training was? im moving up to there for school so im tryna gauge if the training will be possible before i start.
thanks

Ready Reserve, Id say training is abt 2 wks long. Most csr
classes are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

59 months ago

Hmmmm still hvnt heard anythng as yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

hey jet-nyc just had a f2f and was sent for drug screening, dont know if thts what happened to you but if that is the case then your just waiting for them to clear the backround checks and training is only one 40hr week.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

59 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: hey jet-nyc just had a f2f and was sent for drug screening, dont know if thts what happened to you but if that is the case then your just waiting for them to clear the backround checks and training is only one 40hr week.

Hey:
I had no finger print to do a bckgrnd check, i was told smeone wud call me bck abt a mnth ago.

59 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Hey:
I had no finger print to do a bckgrnd check, i was told smeone wud call me bck abt a mnth ago.

oh wow, did you check to see if your application is still under review from the delta career webpage, if it is then just give em a call and that might expidite the process. If i hadnt called them to remind them I applied I woudnt have gone through my phone interview.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

59 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: oh wow, did you check to see if your application is still under review from the delta career webpage, if it is then just give em a call and that might expidite the process. If i hadnt called them to remind them I applied I woudnt have gone through my phone interview.

Yeah those thngs are alwys say under review, I've calld the pple tht made the F2F
appt thrs was nuthin they cud do and mad a note to the file. I hve sent emails phone
msgs to dffrnt depts and no respnse frm anyone.
Let me ask whre did yu hve ur interview in NY or PA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Yeah those thngs are alwys say under review, I've calld the pple tht made the F2F
appt thrs was nuthin they cud do and mad a note to the file. I hve sent emails phone
msgs to dffrnt depts and no respnse frm anyone.
Let me ask whre did yu hve ur interview in NY or PA.

mine was in ny, where was yours? at one of the delta terminals? im just waiting on them to get my backround and drug test results and then call me in for training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

59 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: mine was in ny, where was yours? at one of the delta terminals? im just waiting on them to get my backround and drug test results and then call me in for training

Here in NY at the DL shuttle terminal, by a hispanic lady.

58 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Here in NY at the DL shuttle terminal, by a hispanic lady.

yea same here, when did u apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: yea same here, when did u apply?

The 11th of Aug I did..

58 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: The 11th of Aug I did..

man i dont know, i applied the 8th. Im thinkin the ones of us they hired on my interview day will startb training mid-to end of next week so we can bid for october. but since there expanding at lga there gonna be taking on more ppl in the near future so i bet theyll be starting you with the november push.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: man i dont know, i applied the 8th. Im thinkin the ones of us they hired on my interview day will startb training mid-to end of next week so we can bid for october. but since there expanding at lga there gonna be taking on more ppl in the near future so i bet theyll be starting you with the november push.

I did the assessment on the 3rd of aug and thn on the 7th
they gave me an appt for the 11th whch I did, ya got me.

58 months ago

yea i see, are you looking to get in with other airlines or just delta? i go to an aeronautical college and we get postings all the time about la guardia. spirit, american eagle, and united express are hiring currently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: yea i see, are you looking to get in with other airlines or just delta? i go to an aeronautical college and we get postings all the time about la guardia. spirit, american eagle, and united express are hiring currently.

Iv'e applied wth some of the othrs and no reply back, or they
went of business..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut

58 months ago

I just applied for a gate/ticket agent position and was wondering how long to get a call from them? Its been about 4 days since I started the process. Do they train you right at the airport you'll be working at or do you have to go to Atlanta or another hub? Thanks.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: I just applied for a gate/ticket agent position and was wondering how long to get a call from them? Its been about 4 days since I started the process. Do they train you right at the airport you'll be working at or do you have to go to Atlanta or another hub? Thanks.

Yu hve to call this no so they can activate ur profile
one-eight seven seven-two eight eight-four four seven three
they will ask yu questions and set yu up for interview where yu
applied

58 months ago

Thanks JET-nyc! I'll call tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes.

58 months ago

I called the number and spoke with a very nice lady who asked me a couple of customer service questions. She congratulated me and said that we had to set up my f2f interview. She did not have the manager's schedule so she verified my phone # and said that a representative from nationalrecruiting.com would contact me when they have a time for me to go interview. How long do you think it will be before they call me?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: I called the number and spoke with a very nice lady who asked me a couple of customer service questions. She congratulated me and said that we had to set up my f2f interview. She did not have the manager's schedule so she verified my phone # and said that a representative from nationalrecruiting.com would contact me when they have a time for me to go interview. How long do you think it will be before they call me?

I would gss whn they get in contact wth the mgr, mayb a cpl of days frm now.

whre is this job located?

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: I just applied for a gate/ticket agent position and was wondering how long to get a call from them? Its been about 4 days since I started the process. Do they train you right at the airport you'll be working at or do you have to go to Atlanta or another hub? Thanks.

Hey FlyerKid, congrats on the interview hope u do well. Make sure to ask them where your training will be located and how long it will be. Im currently waiting to start at LGA and i was told my training would be in new york and for one week, but there are other students at my school who work for delta and they got sent to salt lake or Atlanta for different periods of time so it all depends really.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Thanks coolguy09. They called me yesterday and my f2f interview is tomorrow.

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: Thanks coolguy09. They called me yesterday and my f2f interview is tomorrow.

Howd it go?

58 months ago

I think it went pretty well. Very laid back and just went over my application. Now it's just a waiting game.

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: I think it went pretty well. Very laid back and just went over my application. Now it's just a waiting game.[/QUO
glad to hear! they let u know where ur training will be at and how long?

58 months ago

No, I haven't gotten the job yet. They had a few more people to interview and will be calling sometime this week.

58 months ago

Hey JET-NYC did you apply for the open position at JFK? they had an open house for it just recently. I dont know if u experinced this to but im getting the impression that the whole hr department is outsourced because when I call delta hq in atlanta about my progress they are only familiar with my backround check and thats it. I was refered to a company called people scout and they were very helpfull in giving me information and what steps were left in my process. The recuriting america ppl i belive are outsourced as well as there responses are too scripted.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

Cool it was for LGA, i dndt know abt the open house. I also called Atl and they told me to
get intch with people scout whch i did no one answrd so i left a msg, no call was rtnd.
Then i snt a email msg wth no respnse, i snt a letter to ATL HR to find out wht has hppnd
jus waiting for a respnse frm thre. I thought the ppl @ LGA wre DL employees who did the interview, i gss they lost my paper work i dnt kno.

58 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Cool it was for LGA, i dndt know abt the open house. I also called Atl and they told me to
get intch with people scout whch i did no one answrd so i left a msg, no call was rtnd.
Then i snt a email msg wth no respnse, i snt a letter to ATL HR to find out wht has hppnd
jus waiting for a respnse frm thre. I thought the ppl @ LGA wre DL employees who did the interview, i gss they lost my paper work i dnt kno.

The people that do face to face interviews are delta employees and when they send your info for backround check its delta employees as well. Anything after that is handled by people scout including your training packet and dates.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: The people that do face to face interviews are delta employees and when they send your info for backround check its delta employees as well. Anything after that is handled by people scout including your training packet and dates.

Whn i had the F2F it sounded as tht I would be contacted in a cpl of weeks not 3 months
after the interview, i didnt even do the finger print. Lookin at the jobs tht they are
offering the're goin to backd up.

58 months ago

Yeah, its been about a week since my initial interview and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm going to try and find a number so I can contact the station manager.

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: Yeah, its been about a week since my initial interview and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm going to try and find a number so I can contact the station manager.

Well I just got my call for training beginning on monday and it looks like its gonna be longer than I was orginally informed. Also im the last one to start so Ill be the most junior in the station due to a hold up with my paperwork.

58 months ago

Exactly I don't know if I should wait a little bit longer to call. I had my f2f last Friday and they said that they would most likely be calling this past Wednesday and its now Friday and I've heard nothing so idk if I should call them yet or not.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: Yeah, its been about a week since my initial interview and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm going to try and find a number so I can contact the station manager.

wht did they say whn the interview was over.

58 months ago

They just said that they had a few more people to interview and then would call the next week. But we did go over finger prints, drug testing, etc.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: They just said that they had a few more people to interview and then would call the next week. But we did go over finger prints, drug testing, etc.

They told me the same thng, i gss yu'll be waiting like me. Sme pple hve their finger print
and medical the same day..

58 months ago

Yep it seems as we'll just have to wait. Although I am going to try and track down a number for the station manager that I interviewed with.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: Yep it seems as we'll just have to wait. Although I am going to try and track down a number for the station manager that I interviewed with.

where did you have this interview??

BSNL in New Haven, Connecticut

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: Yep it seems as we'll just have to wait. Although I am going to try and track down a number for the station manager that I interviewed with.

Hey, did your interviewer explain what schedule they wanted you to work? Also, did they inform you about the training process (where it will be, how long, etc.)?

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: Well I just got my call for training beginning on monday and it looks like its gonna be longer than I was orginally informed. Also im the last one to start so Ill be the most junior in the station due to a hold up with my paperwork.

coolguy09 - How long is your training going to be? Where is it going to be held? I was offered a position at JFK, so I'm curious as to what the training will be like for LGA RRs.

58 months ago

BSNL in New Haven, Connecticut said: coolguy09 - How long is your training going to be? Where is it going to be held? I was offered a position at JFK, so I'm curious as to what the training will be like for LGA RRs.

Hey BSNL congrats on the job!If you want u can pm with your email if you want any more information, as I just started and now understand why there arnt a whole lot of people who can respond to our questions. good luck

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: Hey BSNL congrats on the job!If you want u can pm with your email if you want any more information, as I just started and now understand why there arnt a whole lot of people who can respond to our questions. good luck

How do you PM on this site?

58 months ago

BSNL in New Haven, Connecticut said: How do you PM on this site?

my mistake/ u can email bobchavey@aol.com if u want.

58 months ago

coolguy09 in Coatesville, Pennsylvania said: my mistake/ u can email bobchavey@aol.com if u want.

Check your inbox.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

Hey Flyer:
have yu heard any thng as of yet??

58 months ago

Nope I haven't heard anything. I might try Delta HR or something.

58 months ago

BSNL in New Haven, Connecticut said: Hey, did your interviewer explain what schedule they wanted you to work? Also, did they inform you about the training process (where it will be, how long, etc.)?

Yeah they went over the different shifts and which ones my schedule fit into. We didn't really talk about training but he did mention that some of it would be computer based.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

58 months ago

FlyerKid in New Britain, Connecticut said: Yeah they went over the different shifts and which ones my schedule fit into. We didn't really talk about training but he did mention that some of it would be computer based.

Ur lucky i was told much of nuthin only tht the position would be held at the main DL term
at LGA. The interview was a bit long. BTW i tried calling HR in atl got a busy sgnl so I sent a letter jus waiting for a ansr.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.