Dillard's Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1675)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Dillard's?

What do you like best about working at Dillard's? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

BarbaraR in Winston Salem, North Carolina

94 months ago

The pay is horrible in comparison to the amount of time
they expect you to put into the job. I worked at a large Dillard's in Florida for 2 years. As a manager-in-training I made 28,500 and when I was promoted to full manager, I started making 33,000. Mind you, my boss expected her managers to put in roughly 50-60 hours a week. The holidays are torture. You work at least 60 hours a week and NO BONUS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (231) / No (55) Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Wilmington, North Carolina

93 months ago

Dillard's is a revolving door. They want you to meet sales whether they have people coming through the door or not. If you don't meet those sales they will cut your starting pay which is shameful to begin with and then through their evaluation process will terminate you. They just want another warm body to ring up sales and when you don't sell their high priced merchandise then they will terminate you and get another warm body!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (202) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

ari in Amityville, New York

93 months ago

I'm planning to do an employee "Motivation" analysis on Dillard's.
Anybody interested to be interviewed? (confidentiality guaranteed).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (128) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia Dillon-Hemphill

93 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Dillard's?
What do you like best about working at Dillard's? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I have to say that I agree with many of you. I thought that these things were only happening in the Charlotte, NC area. Management is a major problem. Our operations manager was arrested for theft, but fled to Florida before he could be arrested. He was tipped off by another manager. Our juniors manager was put in cuffs and arrested for theft. Along with other employees that have been fired or arrested for theft. I have to wonder why this is accepted by the corporate office? Are they doing so well in other areas?

I only worked part time, but was forced to leave without notice because they were scheduling me over 40 hours per week. I have a full time job which is my "bread and butter." I worked in cosmetics because I loved the job...not for the pay. It was fun money for me.

I think that Dillards has much to learn about management. I wonder if the stockholders will eventually require this because of declining sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Student in New York, New York

93 months ago

I'm doing a project about how Dillard's can improve their operations. Any thoughts? Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous, louisville, ky in Midway, Georgia

93 months ago

1. A complete overhaul of the Sales Per Hour program would be the first place to start. Dillard's draws associates in with a high pay per hour and cut it the first chance they can.

2. In my experience, the Store Manager and Operations Manager are tyrants. How about a more ethical, caring person in a leadership position.

3. Set schedules for department managers.

4. Dillard's needs to revamp it's associate scheduling system. The program is ancient and takes days to schedule properly.

5. They need to update their computers, and registers. They use out of date systems.

6. The Dillard's boys need to respect the time of floor management. When I worked there, you were never guaranteed a day off because the Dillard's boys could decide to fly in at any given time. If that happened you lost your day off and it was recovered.

7. Training for floor management would be awesome! I had two eight hour days of training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Sapelo Island, Georgia

92 months ago

That place blows. I would never wish it on my first enemy,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

bill in carolina

92 months ago

I've always wondered why some Dillard's employees don't write formal compliants to the state Dept of Labor for the pay cuts all get for not making the sales targets. Then again maybe a class action lawsuit would be a good starting place as the majority of employees can never make the goals which means the goals are unreasonable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (115) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

tMoney in Colorado Springs, Colorado

92 months ago

well i agree 100% with all of you-- i was working at dillards through the holiday season and up until last week--- they sent out mens department to a convention in denver for suits then fired ALL of us, including the mens manager for supposed time card fraud for being clocked in during the convention-- it is amazingly weird that by firing all the mens dept. meant they fired all the 'blacks' in the store--- i have been readin many article about their ethical practices and how many people file harassment and whatnot from them--- and then the kicker-- i disagreed with their reason for firing me and low and behold they decided to file theft charges because i was in another store using a gift card they said was obtained illegally--- yeah right--- the whole Dillards organization is a joke and i really really hope they get their act together before we all take action against them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

marta in Piotrowo, Poland

92 months ago

is it possible that they fired my bf to ring his return on his name and charged him 1000$ because of it.... for a trust or whatever ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

annonymous in Boynton Beach, Florida

92 months ago

Iam a new commer to this site. my question is could some one elaborate on their experience at dillards. i would like a detailed account of what really happened- so i can tell my sister not to go to thee interview/nor waste her time-my sister and i share the same web address/ leave each other mail and info about a lot of shared topics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

arij in Amityville, New York

92 months ago

anybody interested to be interviewed????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

noname in Akron, Ohio

91 months ago

BarbaraR said: The pay is horrible in comparison to the amount of time
they expect you to put into the job. I worked at a large Dillard's in Florida for 2 years. As a manager-in-training I made 28,500 and when I was promoted to full manager, I started making 33,000. Mind you, my boss expected her managers to put in roughly 50-60 hours a week. The holidays are torture. You work at least 60 hours a week and NO BONUS!!!
I have worked at Dillard's for 6 years and my boss
is the same. But know because sells are not there they are trying to make me quit. I have seen them do this to several of the managers. The turnover rate is very high who wants to take a pay cut!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

britgirl in Augusta, Georgia

91 months ago

Ok I just got hired at Dillard's yesterday. When I told my best friend she looked at me in horror she said DON'T GO PLEASE! Then I started reading all these horror stories and now I'm truly scared they when through that pay cut thing really quickly at training and brushed it off by saying " oh don't worry. I'm a really good sales person and I have worked at Macy's who are credit hounds but we had NOTHING like this. Now I feel like I should go job hunting again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Confidential in Conway, Arkansas

91 months ago

As a former Dillard's manager, I definately know the disadvatages of working there. Let me just say that where I started was not great, but when I started working at the "Flagship Store", the company's baby, Park Plaza, I was completely amazed at the disorganization and lack of common sense management had. All we would here at our other store is how great Park Plaza is, being in the capital city, looking and doing everything perfect. That's all a load of horse crap!

I understand the point of quota based pay. They think it makes them money. All it does is make management unaware of their people. They DO NOT appreciate their employees! If you have a question, you are better off researching it on your own, because nobody knows anything. You think you are doing good and then the quota raises. Most people don't realzie that it fluctuates during the year due to what they call "seasonality".

I don't manage now since I'm getting my masters. I am on the sales floor. When our manager brought us more paperwork to sign, he told us that it showed where we stood in our personal sales. Um NO! The assistant store manager told him this. IT was paperwork that each one of us should have received either from our first review or when we got hired. It showed our sales standard-where we should be, and our raise quota. So, they are passing these papers out lying to the employees. I could go on................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

law in Memphis, Tennessee

91 months ago

wowza in Longwood, Florida said: The Dillards of my younger years is still the same old hellhole. It is a people mill,bringing people in to work for inflated wages that they know will be dropped once they can't make the crazy sales quotas-especially sinbce they overload each sales areas with too may sharks in the same sales area...I was a top performer and won may sales awards. I left with a two weeks notice but the d*** b**** I worked for tried to extend my time at Dillards, and told the HR dept that I left early- so I am NEVER rehire-able. I found this out when i tried to get a job with a cosmetic vendor that would require me to be in the stores OCASIONALLY...Later, when I was a manager for a competing dept. store and we had a job fair, the majority of applicants were dissatisfied Dillards employees, desperate to escape the hell of dullard's!

This is excactly what happen to me. I'm contacting a lawyer to have my record changed. It's not right that they can effect whether you work for a cometics company again. Especially when you give a notice and just because they don't like it the try to destroy you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

LUCY in Acton, California

91 months ago

mememe in Hickory, North Carolina said: Okay..it's true that they usually would hire on light skin because i was when there today and the manager didn't like me because of my skin color...everybody else was light skin

OK, LET'S HOPE YOU DIDN'T MEAN WHAT YOU LITERALLY TYPED. THIS 'SKIN COLORED' THING IS AN EASY EXCUSE FOR SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T WANT TO OWN. LET'S ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS:

1. HOW DID YOU DRESS FOR THE INTERVIEW/APPLICATION PROCESS?
LEAVE THE TUBE TOPS, FLIP FLOPS, BREAST BARING TOPS, SHORTS, ETC HOME.
2. DID YOU PRESENT A RESUME?
3. WAS YOU APPLICATION COMPLETED?
4. IF YOU SPOKE TO THE ACTUAL STORE MANAGER THEN YOU WERE IN A 2ND INTERVIEW AS THE AREA SALES MANAGERS WOULD DO THE FIRST INTERVIEW.
5. WERE YOU CHEWING GUM, HAVE MULTIPLE PIERCINGS, TATS, ETC?
6. HOW WAS YOUR SPEAKING SKILLS? NO "I AXED YOU A QUESTION", OR
"BOFF US". THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE RUDE, BUT SPEAKING ARTICULATE AND CLEAR IS IMPORTANT. I KNOW IT'S NOT BRAIN SURGERY, BUT IT'S NOT STREET CORNER SALES EITHER.
7. DID YOU HAVE A GOOD WORK HISTORY?

THESE ARE JUST SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT. BEFORE YOU GO BLAMING SOMEONE ELSE, LOOK INSIDE, YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED. THESE ARE THINGS THAT CAN BE FIXED. LOVING LIVE STARTS FROM WITHIN. HATE AND BLAME IS A DISEASE, SO EASILY CONTAGEOUS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (75) Reply - Report abuse

Bill

91 months ago

Lucy, your recommendations might be valid with an organization that had integrity and respect for the individual but with Dillard's that isn't even in the ball park. Dillard's sales are off because Dillard's leadership is off. Some simple principals here like if you take care of your employees they take care of your customers and your customers take care of your stock holders or owners. Everyone is a temporary employee except management = no benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deandra in Bedford, Texas

90 months ago

I never had a problem with management, training, or scheduling conflicts when I worked at Dillards. The worst part was the health benefits, they were quite outrageous, and the sales per hour situation was a pain. I would have been promoted to ASM if I would've made my sales per hour, I barely missed it too. Urgh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Annonymous in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

What??? Opening again at Dillards Travel in Austin, Texas? It's only been 3 months ago, 2 of their agents quit at the same time, leaving the MANAGER to be MANAGER & AGENT. Again the same situation. Does anyone realize who is the reason behind the revolving door? It is none other than the MANAGER HERSELF, totally screwed up lady. So agents, if you get hired by her, you'll be looking for another job before a few months are up if you're not a kiss-up or white skinned. Ask any of their retail staff at Barton Creek Mall in Austin. Nobody wants to even talk about the travel manager, there is a BIG PROBLEM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

Robert in Lancaster, California said: To all former Dillards employees,
I don't think you have worked retail long enough to have a clear understanding. There are some many things to consider in order to make it at Dillards or any other retailer. First, attitude is everything. Ask yourself,Do I have what it takes?,or Am I passionate about my job?, if you don't have neither you are in the wrong business. You also need to know who are your customers and understand your market trends in order to overcome any challenges. So stop blaming this company for your lack of success.

Robert,
I have a Bachelors degree in Finance from a highly accredited business school, I had internships from prestigious firms, and have traveled around the world...I could have worked for bigger companies who would have paid me more but I chose to work at Dillard's because I thought it would be exciting to work in retail--I love people and I love fashion. Yes, it was at the beginning, but the more I got to know the company the more I was discouraged. I don't work at Dillard's anymore but to the very last day I cared about my associate and my department. Except Dillard's did not care at all that I worked my life around that company to build an excellent team and a successful department. Yes, I had the passion, but I guess it was not strong enough to last in a company that treats everyone as a disposable P-O-S.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anibalhipocrita2006@yahoo.com in Jacksonville, Florida

90 months ago

Robert: you are a new employee at Dillards. Or You must have a masochist personality.
Only people who like to be mistreated, looked down on you, treated in a despotic, tyrannical way can last there.
Also do not wait for any benefits, because that is a scam.
All the employees I met there were very disgusted and just counting the days to find another job to leave Dillards before they break you into pieces. They are sadist people. I think a slave before the abolition was treated better than Dillards treat their employees, really!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Youngstown, Ohio

89 months ago

I was employed by Dillards in a Human Resources position. I wasn't even on the sales floor and I couldn't stomach this company. This company cares for no one. Profits are the bottom line and forget all the H.R. policies that state employees should be treated with respect. You are basically a number to them and nothing more. Thank God if you didn't get hired by this company because you were spared their abuse. It was the most awful company that I have ever worked for. Hopefully, they will get what they deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Cordova, Tennessee

89 months ago

ari in Amityville, New York said: I'm planning to do an employee "Motivation" analysis on Dillard's.
Anybody interested to be interviewed? (confidentiality guaranteed).

I will be more than happy to tell you everything from a managers view from Memphis, Tn!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Memphis, Tennessee

89 months ago

What kind of legal action did you take? I gave a two week notice and they still put me down as un rehirable. I feel the same as you do but I did want to be an area beauty advisor and unless I get that reversed I can't do that because you have to be rehirable at Dillards. I only wanted to work limited part-time because I have a full time job. The continually scheduled me for more. I was an above average employee and they treated me really bad when I gave my notice. That why I was wondering what kind of action I could take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Del Rio, Texas

89 months ago

If I were you I would call the corporate office in Little Rock and try to talk to someone about the 2 week policy. Are you sure they didn't give you an excuse as to why you would not be considered "rehireable" even though you gave your notice? I would also try to get a friend to call the corporate office and pose as an employer who wants to do an employee reference check. Have them verify what dates you worked there, department, and "if you're eligible for rehire". If they can't do it I'm sure they will direct you to the right person (possibly the HR office where you worked). If your record reflect "inelligible for rehire" call corporate and tell them there must be some MISTAKE, YOU GAVE YOUR NOTICE and have them look into it and get back with you. If you gave your notice, got treated bad, and then quit before your 2 weeks, I'm afraid you may be screwed. If that's not the case, keep pursuing you cause. Call everyone and find out for yourself.
I learned my lesson well, and it's this, WHENEVER you have problems with your manager or even upper management, speak to someone higher up, even if you have to go through the corporate office and FIND OUT WHAT THE POLICY IS. It's harder to get support from any government agency after you've given notice, so always try to resolve discrepancies beforehand, try to get things in WRITING! that always helps YOU. If you really feel helpless after all this, try talking to a legal aide attorney (I did) and find out if you have any recourse, especially since your problem lies after the fact.
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Del Rio, Texas

89 months ago

Sure, I'd like to participate. E-mail me anytime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Memphis, Tennessee

89 months ago

I think you should contact Little Rock and file as complaint. If you have a copy of your letter of resignation, fax it to them as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

n/a in Pelzer, South Carolina

89 months ago

anonymous said: Dillard's is the worst company i have worked for. The starting pay is decent, but when you don't make the outrageous sales goals, they cut your pay by 10%. I work in cosmetics and our particular counter is number one in the entire st. louis area, which also includes columbia, MO and paducah, KY. We have received numerous cash prizes, awards, and kudos from the cosmetic line itself, but Dillard's refuses to recognize our accomplishments. How is it that not one person is eligible for a raise at our counter, but we are making the numbers which Dillard's sets for us!?! The company and its practices are bogus, unfair,and outlandish. I can't wait to get the hell out of there once i finish college. If you are looking for a career DO NOT WORK FOR DILLARD'S!!!!

I also worked for Dillards in the cosmetics department and I cannot believe the way the management team treats their employees. I moved to SC from up north and never shopped in a Dillards store until recently. I fell in love with it, but then I applied for a job there and now I will never in my life step foot back in another Dillards. The only things they care about are numbers and who has the brownest nose. I only wish that company goes bankrupt someday. They are a disgrace too work for and a disgrace to this country. We have a war going on and as Americans we should be noble to each other. But, instead the Dillards management team care only about themselves and higher numbers. This company is a disgrace and shame on them!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Eagle Pass, Texas

89 months ago

I'm sure MR. DILLARD is ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE! SHAME ON HIS HEIRS, SONS & DAUGHTERS FOR SHAMING SUCH A MAN AND HIS LEGACY! SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Monroe, Michigan

89 months ago

Student in New York, New York said: I'm doing a project about how Dillard's can improve their operations. Any thoughts? Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

You are joking, right? You would need to re-structure the way the entire store operates. Except for the 'pop label' thing, that seems to work well for the company. Its abuse of managers and associates is the problem. I would suggest getting rid of the Sales Per Hour, but this is used only as a game by Dillards. The whole company is one big lie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

HIRE PEOPLE (MANAGERS) THAT HAVE A SENSE OF INTEGRITY, SOME FORM OF DIGNITY AND THAT ACTUALLY POSSESS A TRUE RESPECT FOR THEIR ASSOCIATES. PERIOD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New York, New York

89 months ago

Anyone have more to say about the divisional buying offices? Pay, work/life balance, stress level, people who work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Jonesboro in Memphis, Tennessee

89 months ago

The buyers are not that great! We did an advance order for a cosmetic event and it was never filled. How can you make your numbers if you have nothing to sell????? Several girls quit after that or they would have to take a pay cut. Alot of these ladies are senior citizens and live on a fixed income. You would think Alex Dillard would know better!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in San Antonio, Texas

89 months ago

Do you think "Mr. Dillard" knows what's going on, or is he their greedy leader? HMMMM, I WONDER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Youngstown, Ohio

89 months ago

It's obvious that this family knows exactly what is going on and they also know how the employees are being treated. If they ever talk to the little guy under them, they would have to hear some of this negative publicity. They do not care. They worship money!! Nothing else. People are just numbers to them and nothing matters except their bottom line. Make money at all costs!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

thank god i am out of that hellhole. i had the misfortune of being employed at dillards. things were bad at the start. unrealistic sales goals and no products to sell. i agree with the previous poster regarding the buying office not supplying the stores with enough product especially during an event or any major holiday. we had a huge cosmetic event and the offices knew of it, but did we get a boost order? no. we had to sell what we had. i had to send many customers over to other stores (macy's, nordstrom, neiman's, etc) because THEIR buyers had enough common sense to have plenty of stock on hand! but when it comes time to review YOUR numbers, it's your fault. i started looking for a new job, and when dillards found out about this, they started to threaten me with my job! i quit, and the managers are telling my ex-fellow associates that i was fired! it's such a BS company, and i sincerely hope that they are exposed on a public level to show what a greedy and selfish company that they really are!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

ASMS in Saint George, South Carolina

89 months ago

I Agree with everything everyone has said here! I worked for Dillard's for 4 years. 2 in Nashville as an associate and 2 as a manager at Wolfchase. The stores are all the same. Management tries to beat you down. After just a few months of being there, THE LIFE GETS DRAINED RIGHT OUT OF YOU! It is a depressing place to be. I am so glad I am gone. Management plays favorites if you are making your goals, you can get away with murder. When you apply to work there, you have to take a test. If you score in the red, you are not hired, in the yellow, you are questionable, and in the green you are hired. Management also sits in the executive office and cuts up instead of being on the sales floor helping customers and coaching their associates. It is like a revolving door with employees. One reason is theft. They have a very bad problem with internal theft. You are not allowed to have a purse on the floor. It stays in a locker on the dock and you are only allowed to get it when you are on break. As for the Dillard's themselves, I have met them and I was not impressed. They are very impersonable people. You would think they would be pleasant since we are the ones who are selling their merchandise! I can go on & on because I saw first hand how they are. I can't express enough how depressing and draining it was to work there. The one thing I have learned is that THERE IS LIFE AFTER DILLARD'S. If you don't go to work there, you will never experience this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ASMS in Saint George, South Carolina

89 months ago

Tiffany in Cordova, Tennessee said: I will be more than happy to tell you everything from a managers view from Memphis, Tn!

Hi Tiffany,
You can interview me. Email me at kristigiz0410@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ToledoGuy in Toledo, Ohio

89 months ago

I feel sorry for all the Sales Reps @ Dillards. I routinely go to the 2 stores in Toledo, Ohio.

I primarily just scan the clearance racks or show up, after things have been marked down a few times. I ALWAYS get 3 or 4 salespeople, asking me if they can take all my stuff to their counter (TO HOLD). Like they're doing me a big favor.

I know what's going on ? I understand they're working on commission. However, with the TENSION between the sales staff and the pawing over customers; it just makes the whole shopping experience bothersome. Some of the fronts the salespeople put on (like they're my best friend) are way too phony.

I normally took all my stuff, to the lady or man at a register, that bothered & pestered me the LEAST. -That was my way of thanking them.

It's too bad that Dillard's runs its sales staff this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Memphis, Tn in Cordova, Tennessee

89 months ago

I understand what you are saying! The sad thing is that all sales associates are not on commision...only shoes. The management team is under stress from upper management about sales goals and credit apps. Now if you dont open at least one credit app a week, you have to go to a class at 7am on a Sat! How crazy is that?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Too bad there isn't an Ethics Committe in retail! They'd all get canned! Including the owners, they'd shut them down!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Annomous in Fort Smith, Arkansas

89 months ago

I have been at Dillards for years. I found out when I recieved my review in April that I would be getting another review in three months and could get an additional 20% paycut. The management never told me this. Someone who reads everything put in front of her let other employees know. All the store manager said was when he found out that the employees were finding about the paycut at the store meeting was in 3 months you have a chance to earn your pay back. Not in the summer you notice Dillards did not offer 3 month reviews to January reviews. Also if we do not get 1 credit app. per 40 hours worked we have to go to credit boot camp,because the manager gets a bonus if he meets his credit quota. But no one in management has to go to boot camp for changing the quota rules when the employees are making their goals. They have changed the rules and the quotas several times in the last few years everytime I make the goals they set. In our store the managers are lazy and unprofessional. The cosmetic manager was watching a movie in the office and would not even answer her pages. Management at Dillards has nothing to do with Qualifications it has to do with who the store manager and the assistant manager thinks is the cutest or the most fun. Our managers dont even work 40 hours a week they schedule us from open to close but they never put in a full week. Anyone who thinks Dillards is a good place to work has not worked there long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Henryetta, Oklahoma

89 months ago

anonymous in Eagle Pass, Texas said: HIRE PEOPLE (MANAGERS) THAT HAVE A SENSE OF INTEGRITY, SOME FORM OF DIGNITY AND THAT ACTUALLY POSSESS A TRUE RESPECT FOR THEIR ASSOCIATES. PERIOD!

a relative of mine works at a dillard's in central texas.
she works at least 50 hours a week, managing 30 plus employees
handling a ton of markdowns, worrying about her associates sph
and how they can keep the pay they have. they are reviewed on
many things and she is always at work. she has told me that if it wasn't for the pay and her wonderful associates, she
would not be there. it her store, it goes much higher than
asm's. they are the ones working their tails off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

the ex- area assistant sales manager in San Diego, California

89 months ago

I worked for Dillards as an area assistant sales manager. I trained hard for the position of being a full manager. Aced the computer part of my training;Worked the sales floor & was #1 in an entire area, put in more hours than jehovah Witnisses and still my job was handed over to someone who was incomputant.It was my turn for reviews, do you think that even the numbers would have allowed me to move up?? Oh heck no!! Neputisem ranks out over all.They will pick their staff according to alterior motives rather than fairness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer in Arlington, Texas

89 months ago

I currently work for dillard's and have for the past year and a half. if it weren't for my vacation that i am taking in september, i would have quit already. I am getting paid less than people who are just starting who have no retail experience whatsoever, and i am a certified bra fitter. the manager of our area doesn't care at all about any of the associates. she just wants us to make sure the area looks perfect so that she looks good. dillard's doesn't care if you are the one doing all of the work...all that matters are your sales. i would not wish this job on my worst enemy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

never in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

beyond any recognition of ethics...beyond any abuse endured....threatend endlessly...laughed at...joked about...upper management party together with nothing else to talk about except their coworkers and the joke of the company beginning with the dillards themselves to anyone they have to answer to...two faced people...insincere and ruthless to promote their own interests...HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE cant say it enough....anyone have any questions if they do...go ahead...visit any dillards nearest you....you will see for yourself...its not hidden from anyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

leckert in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

you think working for Dillards is try working for Hilton Hotels.Management at all levels. My supervisor and his manager would look you staight in the face and lie to you and tell you how good of an employee you are then go to other management and tell them how sorry you are. I had a manager tell me once that people my age(over 50) are better trained than he was,and how he should be as well trained as people my age, however it took him and his wonderful manager over 1 year to get rid of me. They also lie to customers and will tell customer one thing and then take away their points. Hilton is a lot worse than Dillards. Please don't work at the call center in Carrollton, they lie from top management(John Ingint0(manager over call center,Leslie(Human Resources) and Bryan Simmons and David Bracken(over member services) Six people quit in these two managers departments in 2 months.Please beware of this company aslo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

never in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Robert in Lancaster, California said: To all former Dillards employees,
I don't think you have worked retail long enough to have a clear understanding. There are some many things to consider in order to make it at Dillards or any other retailer. First, attitude is everything. Ask yourself,Do I have what it takes?,or Am I passionate about my job?, if you don't have neither you are in the wrong business. You also need to know who are your customers and understand your market trends in order to overcome any challenges. So stop blaming this company for your lack of success.

youve got to be kidding..really...what kinda drugs you got anyway????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.