Dollar General Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Dollar General?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

i THINK THEY BITE... in Middletown, Ohio

69 months ago

I interviewed with a HR rep named ******** and let me tell you it was the most unprofessional interview I had ever been associated with.
The "lady" giving the interview wasn't dressed up and she looked as though she needed coffee and maybe she even had bought her shoes at Dollar General. The entire time she interviewed with stupid fluff and fold questions, she typed as I talked on her laptop. It was distracting, and rude as most interviewers take notes quietly...also she had already executed a phone interview with me with the SAME questions...it was redundant and I regretted coming.

I was told to meet her at a hotel for the interview and the regional hr and the regional manager would be present. When I arrived, much to my disappointment, they weren't there. The funny thing was that other candidates were in the breakfast area with us filling out papers while she was conducting my interview. That means, no privacy, and the other candidates could hear the questions in advance--giving them an advantage.

Then I could read her that she didn't like me...uh hello I have conducted many interviews for my region, and I always was honest with the candidate. She sent me to the table to fill out the assessment. WHAT A STUPID assessment. She said oh it will take two hours to fill out...on paper...no computer... on paper in a breakfast nook with everyone around breaking concentration.

She interviewed the next candidate and I could hear all his answers to the same questions she asked me. It was sooooo lame--and at that very moment--I did regret even driving there to meet with Dollar General.

As I wrapped up the stupid test, I waved her over to me...she said uh yah the hr and rm will be doing interviews either this friday or next monday...I asked her if she would call me or email me....and she said oh probably either....ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Makes me wonder how in the hell these people get a job with Dollar General!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

biggiepimp94 in Forney, Texas

65 months ago

What the hell is a behavior test and how do you fail it? A friend of mine said he took the behavior test and failed it. Is this guy an idiot?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Royce3371 in Grayville, Illinois

60 months ago

biggiepimp94 in Forney, Texas said: What the hell is a behavior test and how do you fail it? A friend of mine said he took the behavior test and failed it. Is this guy an idiot?

Not at all....they can be pretty tricky with the wording. I can see how it would be easy to fail it. I remember I was worried about it myself. Did he take the mgt test? Because there is an intelligence section to that one too, and it's anything but easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

uglytom in aurora, North Carolina

52 months ago

Royce3371 in Grayville, Illinois said: Not at all....they can be pretty tricky with the wording. I can see how it would be easy to fail it. I remember I was worried about it myself. Did he take the mgt test? Because there is an intelligence section to that one too, and it's anything but easy.

When i was filling out the AP it wanted a behavioral assessment test, so as i did the crap on the phone i got done with all the seps leading up to the actual test and what do you know? it cuts off on me before i can actually do it. now i dont know if i am supposed to do this thing online or on the phone or in person, but it pissed me off because the application doesnt specify how i am supposed to do this thing. any answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.