Safety

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Denton in Denton, Texas

54 months ago

I'm a newly hired assistant manager and work in a HUGE dbl traditional store. We move alot of stock and I've asked about back braces/ safety belts for all this heavy lifting and been told that the store doesn't provide them. Is this true?? I really feel that since we put so much emphasis on safety we should have them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tryin to sink the DG ship in Somewhere in, Florida

54 months ago

Denton in Denton, Texas said: I'm a newly hired assistant manager and work in a HUGE dbl traditional store. We move alot of stock and I've asked about back braces/ safety belts for all this heavy lifting and been told that the store doesn't provide them. Is this true?? I really feel that since we put so much emphasis on safety we should have them.

It's true. If you want a back brace, safety belt or whatever, you have to supply your own.

robin gomillion in luverne, Alabama

53 months ago

Denton in Denton, Texas said: I'm a newly hired assistant manager and work in a HUGE dbl traditional store. We move alot of stock and I've asked about back braces/ safety belts for all this heavy lifting and been told that the store doesn't provide them. Is this true?? I really feel that since we put so much emphasis on safety we should have them.

Yes they do not provide stuff like that. I am on surgery number 3. dont get hurt cause they will fire you ....

Denton in Denton, Texas

53 months ago

So are they covering all that? How did the company end up doing you after your injury?

53 months ago

They were all nice to start with and then the next thing they are telling I am fired while out on W/C ( thats so freaking illegal)So I got to asking questions to RM and Dm and got nowhere so I emailed kathleen at corporate...that was interesting as well they gave me three different termination dates and one of those was prior to months prior of the last day I worked . I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I know that that math doesnt add up ! I called them on it got a lawyer and he has burned thier a$$ before on previous cases and he has another consulting firm that just settled with them for 2 million plus on similar case. they (dollar General) have established a pattern of firing injured employees. I can be reached tnkrbell12000@yahoo.com any time for anyone that needs advice in this matter .

53 months ago

my advice to any Dollar General employee is document document document..If you get hurt call that 1800nurseline numberand your DM and your RM asap and cover your bases cause if you dont they will throw you away like a piece of trash.you see people that have previous injuries especilly those that require surgery are considered a liability for futrure injury and if you get hurt your store manager losses 7000.00 off the top of what they would get in bonuses. so they wont exactly be your best friend anymore.

Denton in Denton, Texas

53 months ago

Wow! I just got out of the ER yesterday morning.. I ended up falling out with heat exhaustion and heat cramps on the job. I called the nurses line and all, but when I told my boss that I was told to call 911 or leave for CareNow right away I was told to close the store first. About an hour later I was at a hospital. It was scarey and I go back to work in the morning but now all of the sudden get to go to the training store for the original ASM training I was supposed to get a month ago. THe heat is crazy and it is reaching over 90 degrees now... What do I do because I don't think I can go back in and do 12 hour days everyday in that heat again like that..

53 months ago

Well darling if everything was reported properly and they are aware that the heat conditions are bad they should be providing heat breaks and fluids to yall on a regular basis based on heat index temps not actual temp.Generaly 20-30 mins apart for thatkind of temps.and push fluids not sodas(water or sports drinks only.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denton in Denton, Texas

52 months ago

Well I had been store using waters for everyone myself for weeks but as for breaks... Nope. The positive thing is that our AC was fixed the following Monday and I spent nearly an entire week in the training store finally after that one.

52 months ago

well i am so glad that they got it all straightened out a store near me had to damage out 1100.00 in candy that was ruined due to lack of ac in her store. and one employee nearly had a heat stroke.

Denton in Denton, Texas

52 months ago

Ouch! Yeah I was borderline myself. Crazy damages btw.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.